Page 106 of 223 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116156206 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,120 of 4441

Thread: *** OFFICIAL 2020 Democratic Presidential Nomination Race Thread ***

Load Metric
    Trump is using his valuable time to attack *checks notes* Tom Steyer

Load Metric
    Trump: Steyer is running low on cash.

Fact check: Very very false

Load Metric
    Hoo boy
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Can someone explain why two 31-year-olds were moderating this debate?

Is this some sort of appeal to millennials to watch the debate or something?

Load Metric
    Do these debates even matter?

Joe Biden probably came off best in the debate.

He was acting fairly competent and didn't commit any major embarrassing gaffes.

The only way Pete Buttigieg can win Iowa is if pigs are allowed to vote.

Try Googling "Donald Trump" right now...

The number one result is a political ad for Mike Bloomberg. LOL.

Load Metric
    Joe Biden supported George W. Bush and the Iraq war.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Boom!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SPIT this View Post
    They're harmless to his poll numbers. He's been a stuttering mess in all the debates and it hasn't affected his poll numbers.
    Correct.

Biden has been a gaffe machine his whole career.
    no, you're confusing gaffes with dementia.

i would love to see the biden who would constantly say stupid things coherently, as opposed to this new biden who constantly says stupid things incoherently.

this guy makes donald trump seem 37 years old.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post
    Do these debates even matter?
    Actually... yes. Primary debates tend to have a great deal of importance, whereas general election debates tend to be much less important. This is because ideological lines in the primary are a lot closer together than in the general election. This makes it easier for people to jump from one candidate to another, whereas in the general, people pretty much already have their minds made up and a debate isn't going to cause them to hop from D to R or vice versa. The debates were largely responsible for the rise and fall of Harris. They also play a role in winnowing the field, although I guess Bloomberg is trying to disprove that (spoiler alert: he's going to fail).

A better question would be, did this debate matter? I don't think anybody in this particular debate had a "standout" moment enough to move poll numbers in a meaningful way. Although Iowa is so close that small moves at the margins could make a big difference. Overall I'd say it was a bad debate for Amy and Pete (especially Amy) because they most needed to have a "moment" in the debate. Whereas Biden is probably content to just chug along. I think it's too early to say how the Warren/Sanders feud will play out, but that's the debate "moment" that will get the most playback.

Load Metric
    so, there's a real danger that the bernie bros will vote trump or third party if he loses, right?

breitbart is hyping up how cnn was unfair to bernie. i wonder why'd they do that?

i expect the russian bots to be going hard on how poorly bernie was treated if biden wins.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by abrown83 View Post
    Bought 1250 shares of Klobuchar to win Iowa.

Might buy another few thousand ahead of the debate.

Probably will sell her debate spike and then make a decision how many shares to let ride.

She has the best people on the ground and is taking the Santorum approach which only shows up late.

I would put the favorite as her, then Sanders, then Pete, think decent chance Biden finishes 4th but depending on how much last minute momentum Klobuchar can gather, he might fall to fifth.

can I get rich on this, shes at 1 cent today

Comments

dwai: drive into a rock quarry please

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    so, there's a real danger that the bernie bros will vote trump or third party if he loses, right?

breitbart is hyping up how cnn was unfair to bernie. i wonder why'd they do that?

i expect the russian bots to be going hard on how poorly bernie was treated if biden wins.
    It’s not at all hype, just strategic to report on it. Of course, Breitbart would *never* report on how biased Fox News is towards Trump.

Comments

dwai: drive into a rock quarry please
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

This is what happens when you hire green 30 year olds to moderate an important Presidential debate.

The two women were both 31, looked/acted/sounded 25, and you could tell they were nervous.

I think this was CNN's attempt to show that young people care about politics, too, but it backfired. Now everyone's pissed about that line of questioning to/about Bernie.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Agreed.

Load Metric

one thing bernie did right is stress that hes going to compel his grass roots supporters to 1) vote and 2) vote for the democratic nominee. i think his tribe will listen to him this time as long as its not warren.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    These questions by CNN are stupid as fuck.

Des Moines, she noted, is an “insurance town.” What will happen to the poor insurance company employees if “Medicare for All” replaces the private insurance industry?

“Senator Sanders, your campaign proposals would double federal spending over the next decade, an unprecedented level of spending not seen since World War II. How would you keep your plans from bankrupting the country?”

“Senator Warren,” Wolf Blitzer asked, “Why does it make sense for the government ― for the government to manufacture drugs, especially when public trust in government is near historic lows?”

CNN - come up with better questions or shut the fuck up.

Load Metric

This is what happens when you hire green 30 year olds to moderate an important Presidential debate.

The two women were both 31, looked/acted/sounded 25, and you could tell they were nervous.

I think this was CNN's attempt to show that young people care about politics, too, but it backfired. Now everyone's pissed about that line of questioning to/about Bernie.
    It was by far the worst moderated debate. I like to think I follow the news, and i've never heard of these two chicks. CNN couldn't get some more respected/experienced moderators?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

one thing bernie did right is stress that hes going to compel his grass roots supporters to 1) vote and 2) vote for the democratic nominee. i think his tribe will listen to him this time as long as its not warren.
    he did the same thing in 2016 but a lot of them voted for trump

Load Metric
    Andddd Warren wins the debate.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...-january-poll/
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Load Metric

if biden's numbers went up after last night, he's unstoppable

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lol wow View Post
    imagine taking pride in something so pathetic as voting for one of these babies
    Name:  tenor.gif
Views: 300
Size:  388.8 KB

Andddd Warren wins the debate.

Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Thread Information