Page 10 of 223 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL 2020 Democratic Presidential Nomination Race Thread ***

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Elizabeth Warren getting more mileage attacking the big banks, since it's a super easy target to which almost everyone can relate.

What's she going to go after next? The DMV?

Elizabeth Warren: Why aren't my polling numbers higher?
    People: Maybe because you faked being Native American for cred at Harvard
    People: Maybe because you were arrogant about this misstep and kept doubling down on it
    People: Maybe because you thought you were "owning" Trump by releasing a DNA test showing you're 0.1% Native American
    Elizabeth Warren: Guess we'll never know
    People: Seriously?
    #CampaignMotivation

Comments

MumblesBadly: Gotta finally agree about the Indian heritage thing. Her best chance now is as a VP pick by Biden or Bernie.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Wow.

Buttigieg didn't even know who Alfred E. Neuman was.

In an interview with Politico, the president called Democratic presidential candidate Pete Buttigieg "Alfred E. Neuman," a reference to MAD Magazine's mascot. Buttigieg, 37, said the nickname seemed like a "generational thing."

Comments

splitthis: Uncanny

Jayjami: What? Me worry?

Load Metric
    i dont think mad magazine has been relevant since like the 60s but that is a weird red flag for a 37 year old not to know

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lol wow View Post
    i dont think mad magazine has been relevant since like the 60s but that is a weird red flag for a 37 year old not to know
    I am around the same age. That name means nothing to me either. I have heard of MAD Magazine, but never read it or know anything about it. Shrug.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I don't know for sure if this was posted yet, but has anyone seen this hilarity?

JoeBiden.info is pretty much on the first page of Google results when you Google "Joe Biden". (Props to the site developer who was able to properly SEO that)

It's literally the first "official" page that comes up on Google search results

Fucking hilarious and not to mention cringey as hell.

Maybe ill buy a shirt from it too lol!

Name:  joebidenboy.jpg
Views: 511
Size:  148.7 KB

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    That joebiden.info site is indeed funny.

However, it appears to be an attack from the left, by someone who wants one of the more progressive candidates to win the primary.

Diamond
    Load Metric

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

However, it appears to be an attack from the left, by someone who wants one of the more progressive candidates to win the primary.
    Why do you think it’s from the left? The guy is a self-identified libertarian who posts on trumps Reddit and owns parody sites for sanders, booker, Warren, and Harris. I’d imagine any attack from the left would be a Bernie or warren fan.

Load Metric
    Wow.

Buttigieg didn't even know who Alfred E. Neuman was.

In an interview with Politico, the president called Democratic presidential candidate Pete Buttigieg "Alfred E. Neuman," a reference to MAD Magazine's mascot. Buttigieg, 37, said the nickname seemed like a "generational thing."

It *is* a generational thing. Mad Mazazine still had a huge circulation by the time you were in the target market readership (early-to-mid teenager), but had fallen signficantly in popularity by the time Buttigieg hit that age range a decade after you.

http://users.ipfw.edu/slaubau/madcirc.htm
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    I have no idea who Alfred E. Neuman is

Load Metric
    Tulsi Gabbard on Joe Rogan tomorrow.

I don't know how you can watch or listen to her w/out becoming a fan. An Iraqi war veteran w/ huge charisma, excellent progressive policies, and appeal to both Democrats + Republicans. That, and she's the opposite of a clown like Trump.

Comments

Tellafriend: I’m eager to hear what she has to say to joe. Been fairly impressed with her so far.

ErickAA: Yeah. The media doesn't like her though, and have decided to no platform her. I dont think someone could become President if the media refuses to acknowledge them.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

Why do you think it’s from the left? The guy is a self-identified libertarian who posts on trumps Reddit and owns parody sites for sanders, booker, Warren, and Harris. I’d imagine any attack from the left would be a Bernie or warren fan.
    Druff comes from the same school of criticism as Ben Shapiro, routinely assuming its due to someone “on the left” when seeing legitimate political criticism.

#BenShapiroDESTROYEDonBBC
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

I didn't know who made it. I just went to it and looked at the content.

Look at the points it made to criticize Joe Biden:

- Pro death penalty and long drug sentences
    - For Iraq war
    - Against gay marriage
    - Against abortion rights
    - For mass incarceration
    - Against school busing

These screamed "criticism from the left" to me, as these supposed attributes would actually HELP Biden with conservatives considering voting for him.

Now that you say the site author is libertarian, it makes a bit more sense, though I don't understand the school busing thing. I would think libertarians wouldn't be for school busing. That would seem to be something they'd call government overreach.

Load Metric
    I feel like I follow politics fairly closely and have no idea who this Bullock dude or much about 1/3rd of the Dems running. Gov of Montana. It made me think of the previous governor of Montana, that Schweitzer guy. He always struck me as a guy who could win a national election. Whatever happened to him? He struck me as exactly the type of dem who could win now. Google shows me a few minor controversies, but that dude was smart and charismatic from what I recall.

Load Metric
    I feel like I follow politics fairly closely and have no idea who this Bullock dude or much about 1/3rd of the Dems running. Gov of Montana. It made me think of the previous governor of Montana, that Schweitzer guy. He always struck me as a guy who could win a national election. Whatever happened to him? He struck me as exactly the type of dem who could win now. Google shows me a few minor controversies, but that dude was smart and charismatic from what I recall.
    They are likely using running for president as a way to backdoor interview for a cabinet position when Biden wins the presidency with help from the MSM (kneecapping Bernie’s chances again).

Load Metric
    The Dem 2020 nomination process is a completely clusterfuck already.. over 20 folks in the race which is laughable.. Already hearing Bernie supporters bitching claiming the DNC is trying to fuck him already (which is likely true guess the idiots didn't learn their lesson in 2016 that the DNC is highly undemocratic and the party power players are the ones who really pick the nominee and not the individual voters).

Silver
    Load Metric
    I don’t trust anyone who isn’t voting for Tulsi. She is the real deal.

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    They are likely using running for president as a way to backdoor interview for a cabinet position when Biden wins the presidency with help from the MSM (kneecapping Bernie’s chances again).
    You first point may be right, but you're dead wrong on the second.

That's the problem with you ideologues. You exist in an echo chamber intoxicated by your own wafts with zero concept of how things actually are.

65% of Democrats identify as moderate or conservative. That's why Biden is crushing Bernie in early polling.

Leftists crying about unfair MSM coverage is hilarious.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTickle View Post
    I have no idea who Alfred E. Neuman is
    Same. I have never read the magazine, but I did watch the TV show, did they ever use that name in the show?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    You first point may be right, but you're dead wrong on the second.

That's the problem with you ideologues. You exist in an echo chamber intoxicated by your own wafts with zero concept of how things actually are.

65% of Democrats identify as moderate or conservative. That's why Biden is crushing Bernie in early polling.

Leftists crying about unfair MSM coverage is hilarious.
    That 65% you mention identify with the LABELS of “moderate” or “conservative”, but the majority of people who can participate in the Democratic primaries and caucuses favor progressive policies over conservative ones. That has been repeatedly shown by polling, and it due to the successful campaign by conservatives since the days of Rinald Reagan and the scandal-plagued traditional “liberal” Democrats on the Tip O’Neil/Dan Rostenkowski/Jim Wright eras.

Case in point: A close relative of mine who has identified as a Republican since the days of Nixon was kind of shocked to realize that the only specific current progressive policy she did not like was abortion rights, but for years — decades, actually, she was knee-jerkishly voting for Republicans on that issue and the Reagan-era myth of “welfare queens”. She currently plans to vote for Beto O’Rourke in Democratic Primary in her home state if he is still in the race, but otherwise likes the economic proposals put forth by Elizabeth Warren the best among all of leading and semi-leading Dem candidates. And despite this, she still refuses to consider herself a Democrat, as she is still uneasy about labeled as such.

Thread Information