Page 155 of 223 FirstFirst ... 55105145151152153154155156157158159165205 ... LastLast
Results 3,081 to 3,100 of 4441

Thread: *** OFFICIAL 2020 Democratic Presidential Nomination Race Thread ***

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    also how fucking hilarious is it, watching bernie bros attack bloomberg for once upon a time being a republican when bernie isnt even a democrat right now
    Bloomberg has spent half a billion dollars on image and has yet to make himself available to a press interview.

I think his first contentious meeting will be on the debate stage and Klobuchar looks like his most similar opposition. Will she throw the racism & misogyny stapler? That’s just the low hanging fruit. She has the potential. They all have the capacity for some easy shots.

Let’s see how he responds before getting all giddy. There is a lot to unpack on live tv. It’s a risky play and offers great drama if you like that sort of thing.

Hey, I swore to skip future debates but I’m roped in now. mike gonna have to run the gauntlet

Load Metric
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    It’s going to be very interesting to see Warren and Sanders, who have professionally rallied against a Billionare outsider who bought the presidency “welcome” a billionare outsider who wants to buy the presidency.

I mean they all have to be really really pissed about this, Id imagine.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    It’s going to be very interesting to see Warren and Sanders, who have professionally rallied against a Billionare outsider who bought the presidency “welcome” a billionare outsider who wants to buy the presidency.

I have zero sense of Bloomberg as a public speaker. I guess I could muck around online for some video but let him do the work.

I’m exactly the guy he’s trying to sell.

Entertain me.

:dalygopher

Edit:

I forgot about Warren cause, well you know why. A desperate Warren could be shrill but a wild card too.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 02-18-2020 at 06:35 PM.

Load Metric
    theres also so much ammo for them to take him down with.

sooooooo much.

but again bloomberg _could_ put together a script that makes them look like fucking fools for not accepting his apologies and moving on, and the cherry would be 'ok cool but if im so horrible why am i polling at 19% without a single debate?'.

honestly id love to see it because the democrats absolutely must stop tossing up these fucking burgerass candidates like we dont notice how unelectable they are.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    LOL Bernie comparing himself to the other candidates regarding medical records.

Um, you're the only candidate who just had a heart attack and will also be 79 on election day. You don't hear anyone clamoring for Mayor Pete's medical records, and for good reason.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post

I have zero sense of Bloomberg as a public speaker. I guess I could muck around online for some video but let him do the work.

I’m exactly the guy he’s trying to sell.

Entertain me.

:dalygopher

Edit:

I forgot about Warren cause, well you know why. A desperate Warren could be shrill but a wild card too.
    MSM has been going on about how horrible he was at NYC Mayoral debates. Will be quite entertaining dumpster fire tomorrow if true.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Um, you're the only candidate who just had a heart attack and will also be 79 on election day. You don't hear anyone clamoring for Mayor Pete's medical records, and for good reason.
    If Bernie was Trump he would just release bullshit like this...

Load Metric

Comments

diggydow: pro-Bernie post??????!

Load Metric

They’re not clamoring for Cheaty Pete’s medical records because he effectively has 0.0% support among the all-important “Black” voter demographic. Which means he has a similar probability of winning the nomination, let alone being picked as Veep nom to join the eventually winner of the top spot on the ticker.

And speaking of support among Black voters, guess who is now “A-Number 1” among them in the latest national poll? (Hint: It ain’t “I proudly worked with segregationists” Joe.)

https://www.newsweek.com/bernie-sand...s-poll-1487934
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Why South Bend residents are warning America about Pete Buttigieg

https://nypost.com/2020/02/18/why-so...ete-buttigieg/

If he’s the next president, I fear for our country. He couldn’t run our city. How can he run the United States?”
    - South Bend, Indiana resident

Look at all the crime — he didn’t do anything about it. Look at our quality of life. If he becomes president, the United States will become one big South Bend — a giant sinkhole. We’ll be in a new depression.”

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post
    Why South Bend residents are warning America about Pete Buttigieg

https://nypost.com/2020/02/18/why-so...ete-buttigieg/

Look at all the crime — he didn’t do anything about it. Look at our quality of life. If he becomes president, the United States will become one big South Bend — a giant sinkhole. We’ll be in a new depression.”

Oh, and Cheaty Pete’s campaign got caught (again) faking support by Blacks, this time a small business owner in South Carolina.

P.S. Is it possible to a negative level of support among a voting demo?
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    theres also so much ammo for them to take him down with.

sooooooo much.

but again bloomberg _could_ put together a script that makes them look like fucking fools for not accepting his apologies and moving on, and the cherry would be 'ok cool but if im so horrible why am i polling at 19% without a single debate?'.

honestly id love to see it because the democrats absolutely must stop tossing up these fucking burgerass candidates like we dont notice how unelectable they are.
    Gonna be interesting how BloomBorg responds to a question about some comments he made just last March about how he wasn’t going to go on an “apology tour” while criticizing Dem candidates at the time who were doing just that.

Load Metric
    Just saw Pete get asked to say something in Norwegian and he fucked it up.

He’s such a fraud.

It’s only Brits and Americans who think saying “my name is” and “can I have a beer please” counts as speaking a a language

Comments

MumblesBadly: You’re forgetting the all important “How much” when negotiating with the foreign female “talent”.

Dan Druff: yup, the guy is a huge phony in every way

Load Metric
    diggydow: pro-Bernie post??????!

id chew through steel to vote for bernie against trump, its not even close.

Load Metric
    why are we ok with a 78-year old guy who is 3 months away from a HEART ATTACK abandoning his promise to release full medical records? what other reason could exist other than he's got something to hide?

how is this acceptable? can't wait till bernie gets grilled on this tonight.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    why are we ok with a 78-year old guy who is 3 months away from a HEART ATTACK abandoning his promise to release full medical records? what other reason could exist other than he's got something to hide?

it will be totally ignored, because the entire sanders campaign lives by their own ridiculous rules, and no one wants to give trump ammo by creating an even more lethal circular firing squad.

Load Metric

Why? Because it's all kabuki theater. It all matters not a wit atm except as some kind of referendum on the decline of the political parties.

Maybe some populist scorecard - I think that is still discounted. The rampaging stock market (and more importantly bond rally cause 0% rates) has got to infuriate that crowd. Ironic huh?

Popcorn and beer and enjoy the show.

Democrats and unions. Used to be like beer and popcorn but not this time. Local 226 is gonna wait til caucuses. That’s so interesting to me.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

B-b-b-b-but he released just as much as other candidates did!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    But seriously, I'm guessing that his records paint a picture of a guy who is okay in the short term, but has a substantial chance of another heart attack -- possibly a fatal one -- in the next 5 years.

And that will freak the fuck out of potential voters, especially ones who are on the fence about him. So he got some stooge cardiologist fanboys to write "letters" for him, and he's hoping that's good enough.

Comments

MumblesBadly: LOL your desperate projections on what potential voters care about is so cute. How well has that worked out with your predictions about Joe Biden so far?

Thread Information