Page 140 of 223 FirstFirst ... 4090130136137138139140141142143144150190 ... LastLast
Results 2,781 to 2,800 of 4441

Thread: *** OFFICIAL 2020 Democratic Presidential Nomination Race Thread ***

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    its interesting that sanders has dropped like 20% on predictit since winning NH
    Dropped 20%... in what market???

Load Metric
    It was a less than impressive result. He was expected to win by 6-8, not 2. You can see second and third are both moderates. There is going to be pushback. The problem I see for the moderates is that they seem to have support, but after SC, none will actually look impressive. It’s a big win for Bloomberg because moderate support is there yet none of the 3 have grabbed it. Pete’s done well, but he has no chance long term from the looks of it.

Comments

sonatine: ahhhhhh

Load Metric
    Nevada is REALLY hard to poll/predict, because fo the nature of their caucus and the union sway. Hopefully we get some high quality SC polls soon. Kinda redic that we've had zero SC polls post-Iowa.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SPIT this View Post
    SC I’d guess. Early on in NH night it was Bernie .69 and Joe down to .29 for awhile. Now .49 and .40

Load Metric
    Delegate count (with 1 IA delegate pending)
    Buttigieg: 22
    Sanders: 21
    Warren: 8
    Klobuchar: 7
    Biden: 6

Load Metric

i put $300 on him to be elected at like 21c, tonight i was +120 up for most of the night then tabbed back after NH and he was +86'ish.

ok back to 98.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    SC I’d guess. Early on in NH night it was Bernie .69 and Joe down to .29 for awhile. Now .49 and .40
    Can you help us with the Ralston Report?

Mkt mover

Comments

BCR: He’s a longtime Nevada reporter. Particularly insightful as to what is going on in Nevada.

Load Metric
    Is it possible that people thought Bernie would have won by a higher %?

I mean if he can’t dominate in NH then I’m not sure where he would

Load Metric

i put $300 on him to be elected at like 21c, tonight i was +120 up for most of the night then tabbed back after NH and he was +86'ish.

ok back to 98.
    Ah, thought you meant 20 point drop.

Btw, you can get /much/ better odds by buying NO shares of everybody else, instead of buying YES Bernie shares (they're linked for margining, so it's the same thing, but you get a better price). All the yes shares add up to like 125%. Statistically speaking there's, at most, a 100% chance somebody becomes president. Big facts

Load Metric
    progressive:

sanders / warren = 35%

moderate lane:

biden/amy/pete = 53%

pretty sure bloomberg or trump is going to be president in 2020.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    Is it possible that people thought Bernie would have won by a higher %?

I mean if he can’t dominate in NH then I’m not sure where he would
    BERNARD will dominate the non-white states; these super old-leaning (demographically) lily white states are actually to BERNARD’s detriment.

Load Metric
    progressive:

sanders / warren = 35%

moderate lane:

biden/amy/pete = 53%

The problem is, it's not quite clear who the moderates should consolidate around. The "anti-Trump" contingent was larger than the Trump base, but they couldn't consolidate quick enough.

Load Metric
    progressive:

sanders / warren = 35%

moderate lane:

biden/amy/pete = 53%

The problem is, it's not quite clear who the moderates should consolidate around. The "anti-Trump" contingent was larger than the Trump base, but they couldn't consolidate quick enough.
    why are you posting so much? I pushed your shit in. Take your ball and go home.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Krypt View Post
    why are you posting so much? I pushed your shit in. Take your ball and go home.
    You did?? News to me, my friend. Also, I'm defending your boyfriend.

Load Metric
    progressive:

sanders / warren = 35%

moderate lane:

biden/amy/pete = 53%

i am saying this from a place of sincerity:

for every person i know who would vote for sanders over bloomberg, i literally know 10 who would vote for bloomberg over sanders. and these are generally progressive leaning friends.

_no one_ wants to see a bunch of fuckups get their hundred thousand plus dollar .edu bills comped, least of all with tax dollars.

its a huge, huge, huge sticking point for a lot of people i know. and bernie seems totally old-person-inflexible on the subject.

beyond which, bloomberg beating trump is a mortal fucking lock. sanders aka the 78 year old who wont release his medical records even tho he just had a heart attack? i mean.... a sure thing sounds better to me.

Comments

Dan Druff:

Load Metric

i am saying this from a place of sincerity:

for every person i know who would vote for sanders over bloomberg, i literally know 10 who would vote for bloomberg over sanders. and these are generally progressive leaning friends.

_no one_ wants to see a bunch of fuckups get their hundred thousand plus dollar .edu bills comped, least of all with tax dollars.

its a huge, huge, huge sticking point for a lot of people i know. and bernie seems totally old-person-inflexible on the subject.

beyond which, bloomberg beating trump is a mortal fucking lock. sanders aka the 78 year old who wont release his medical records even tho he just had a heart attack? i mean.... a sure thing sounds better to me.
    Ok, but why are they all going to agree on Bloomberg? Why not Pete? Why not Klobuchar? Why not black folks sticking with Biden?

I guess what I'm trying to say is, CONTESTED CONVENTION!

Load Metric
    I hate Pete, and would prefer to see him crash and burn. That said, he’s got a lot of Obama people working for him and is running a technically smart race. He lost in Iowa by more than tonight and has one more delegate after losing two votes.

Early on it appeared Obama might give him some attention. He doesn’t need to be black people’s choice. If Obama ever decided to play kingmaker, and gave Pete some love, he’d be the dude to beat. Black people don’t really have a fave here. They’re leaning Biden and Bernie. They aren’t going Pete without someone like Obama. His South Bend shit and being gay is too much unless someone vouches for him.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post
    fucking yang is out...

there goes my football betting bankroll...
    If you bet on Yang you don't deserve to have a bankroll.

didn't bet on him...was talking about my "freedom dividend"...

Comments

SPIT this: ahhh

Load Metric
    tine, truthfully both of us are prob voting Trump in the general so this is all academic. But as a matter of principle, I fucking REFUSE to allow the establishment dems and media fuck over BERNARD a second time over. I just donated some straight cash to his campaign tonight. I need to see cnn and msnbc talking heads explode ASAP.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Krypt View Post
    tine, truthfully both of us are prob voting Trump in the general so this is all academic. But as a matter of principle, I fucking REFUSE to allow the establishment dems and media fuck over BERNARD a second time over. I just donated some straight cash to his campaign tonight. I need to see cnn and msnbc talking heads explode ASAP.
    listen i love berndawg but he's his own worst enemy sometimes. this should have been much easier for him. but he's really not reading the room like he should.

Thread Information