Page 154 of 223 FirstFirst ... 54104144150151152153154155156157158164204 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,080 of 4441

Thread: *** OFFICIAL 2020 Democratic Presidential Nomination Race Thread ***

Load Metric
    Newest NPR/PBS/Marist poll...national poll...02/18/2020

Sanders 31% (+9)
    Bloomberg 19% (+15)
    Biden 15% (-9)
    Warren 12% (-5)
    Klobuchar 9% (+5)
    Buttigieg 8% (-5)
    Steyer 2% (+1)

Bernie's should win Nevada easily since he's up about 18 points in Nevada.

Bloomberg to join the Democratic debate on Wednesday.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Actually I see a different poll in Nevada, taken at the exact same time, where it's basically a 5-way tie and Steyer is technically ahead.

Not that I believe this. But it kinda shows that the polling in Nevada might be complete garbage, and hard to trust.
    That's an internal Steyer poll

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

so i completely agree with your diagnosis of the hayseed pathos. those people arent in play.
    I would remind you that Bernie is selling a different flavor of populism. Bernie checks the anger box in a different way. Trump was unopposed in 2016

The Democrat Billionaire is looking for a different market. Republican swing voters are available, of course. He’s working hard at fucking that up already.

Those hayseeds are a world wide phenomenon you best learn to recognize and not dismiss. It’s a serious thing. It affects economics and well... who governs ....EVERYWHERE

Comments

MumblesBadly: Soothsayer rep

Load Metric
    Druff was titillated by the Klobuchar stapler throwing revelations. I think she should ramp up her ‘tude. Get nasty in public

That plays imo

Comments

MumblesBadly: He’ll love even more that her staff didn’t properly prep her for an interview by Telemundo while campaigning in Nevada.

Load Metric
    bloomberg's goal isnt to target any of the members of trumps cult with anything beyond his current standing brand; 'im better at everything trump represents'.
    I got you on the cutting him down to size thing here. I just have this gut feel that doesn’t resonate where it has to resonate.

I’ve been here a long time and I struggle to explain it. I have this t-shirt I’ve had for years. It simply says Youngstown Hates You.

That’s it. No explanation. When i first saw it I just thought it was fucking perfect. If I knew why it was perfect I feel like I’d be able to explain this better. It just is. There is a collective siege mentality to anyone left.

Somehow Trump manages to seem like one of us despite that being absurd. There better be a whole lot of disaffected republicans looking to jump shit. The hayseeds are just mobilized. They’ve always been red. My town wasn’t and that’s a problem. They weren’t even Reagan Republicans when that was a thing.

To people like where I live, that the other billionaires think Mike is really the smartest guy in the room isn’t something that wins them over. They’re protective of him as they would be of one of their own.

I wanted to also say when I say hayseeds, I’m not trying to be insulting to rural people. I pretty much like everyone and I clearly just write this shit off the cuff and when I reread it I tend to think I sound like a douchebag or elitist when some do these hayseeds can buy and sell me a hundred times over. And they know shit that confounds me. Like if something breaks I’d much rather them be around than anyone I grew up with. Everyone s dad I grew up with worked in steel mills or assembly plants. That’s robotic work. You don’t really know how to do much and that’s part of the problem.

I just mean they’ve viewed things a whole lot different than Dems for a long time. They weren’t Obama voters. What worked on winning them was simply wepaomized

They frustrate me, but I like them. I call them hayseeds when I’m standing next to them. They’ll bust my balls about being a Democrat and start going on about some redneck shit and I’ll tell them them to go watch a Hee Haw rerun and let the adults talk. It’s good natured with an edge as discussing politics often is.

Comments

Sanlmar: Youngstown hates you. What a great riff

sonatine: heard

MumblesBadly: I
    Last edited by BCR; 02-18-2020 at 09:44 AM.

Load Metric
    What is unique about BCR is his introspection. He makes me think a little differently every damn time he writes.

What should make you chuckle is that Druff also trades in introspection ... but he contemplates his navel

Comments

BCR: This place is cheaper than a psych

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    What is unique about BCR is his introspection. He makes me think a little differently every damn time he writes.

What should make you chuckle is that Druff also trades in introspection ... but he contemplates his navel
    I love druff. I disagree politically with him, but I’m probably more likely to end up on his side than him mine. Plus he’s got thick skin for the most part. This whole site is one big sanctuary city. Mumbles and others troll him and he still doesn’t let the mob kick them out. You have to like that even if it’s irritating. Different type of siege mentality growing up a republican in California.

Comments

MumblesBadly: I respect that he respects free speech.

Load Metric
    Do you think when Benjamin's a teenager he'll rebel against his Dad by becoming super liberal?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SPIT this View Post
    Do you think when Benjamin's a teenager he'll rebel against his Dad by becoming super liberal?
    I’ll offer a parable

In 2008-2009 I had to sell a house in the northeast. Housing crisis loss. It’s empty and on the market priced to move. It’s winter.

So my daughter is prolly a HS sophomore. She decides to hold a party in the empty house. It wasn’t staged. There was zero furniture but the basement had some built in features and a bar. She jacks up the thermostat and history was made.

I stop by what must have been days later and the house is frozen. Forced hot water heat and the copper pipes are frozen. Blocks of ice in the toilet. The plumbing.... who knows yet. OMG. I’m shitting myself. The most freaked I have prolly ever been.

Daughter did a great job cleaning up. Literally no evidence. Just one thing, the 15 year old shut off the heat.

I call a genius mechanic friend and he sets about thawing the copper heating pipes with a blowtorch and a bent license plate. Couple splits as the pipes thaw but generally lucky. Plumbing was fine

My daughter posted the party on Facebook complete with pictures.

I dodged what could have been a 6 figure disaster if I had to replumb or deal with flood as it thawed. Total luckbox

We have never spoken about this incident. I swear to you. She knows that I know that she knows.

I got a total lock on Druff the dad. Later though.

Comments

GambleBotsChafedPenis: Millenial Daughter/I Fucking LOLed Rep
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 02-18-2020 at 11:33 AM.

Load Metric
    Druff clearly had an enchanted childhood in Southern California. Well-to-do parents. Family outings to the Stardust in Vegas. Acorn never fell far from the tree.

I’ve never seen anyone so nostalgic for his youth. The desire to crawl back in the womb and all that. The recall of ages and dates. Only Marylu Henner can compete

Most of us tried to black out adolescence and look forward.

Your childhood informs you about raising your own kids. The endless cycle.

I’m sure Druff is close, attentive and indulgent. I’d bet any amount.

I kept my distance and respected their privacy. I didn’t snoop. I didn’t meddle in their social life. Never checked the drawers in their room. My wife was the curious snoop and we fought over the issue.

I trash talked them when we played sports or board games. I have some regrets about that. Just minor. When I was their youth coach we NEVER spoke directly.

We had endless family debate sessions. Thanksgiving dinners (multi generations) always ended in tears cause someone got smoked on an issue.

I was not their pal. If they wanted to get out on their own and prove me wrong - I did my job.

Druff is his son’s pal. His son will overcome that I hope.

Of course I’m jealous. Druff’s life. Easy game

You are lucky WillieMc
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 02-18-2020 at 12:20 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    bloomberg's goal isnt to target any of the members of trumps cult with anything beyond his current standing brand; 'im better at everything trump represents'.
    I got you on the cutting him down to size thing here. I just have this gut feel that doesn’t resonate where it has to resonate.

I’ve been here a long time and I struggle to explain it. I have this t-shirt I’ve had for years. It simply says Youngstown Hates You.

That’s it. No explanation. When i first saw it I just thought it was fucking perfect. If I knew why it was perfect I feel like I’d be able to explain this better. It just is. There is a collective siege mentality to anyone left.

Somehow Trump manages to seem like one of us despite that being absurd. There better be a whole lot of disaffected republicans looking to jump shit. The hayseeds are just mobilized. They’ve always been red. My town wasn’t and that’s a problem. They weren’t even Reagan Republicans when that was a thing.

To people like where I live, that the other billionaires think Mike is really the smartest guy in the room isn’t something that wins them over. They’re protective of him as they would be of one of their own.

I wanted to also say when I say hayseeds, I’m not trying to be insulting to rural people. I pretty much like everyone and I clearly just write this shit off the cuff and when I reread it I tend to think I sound like a douchebag or elitist when some do these hayseeds can buy and sell me a hundred times over. And they know shit that confounds me. Like if something breaks I’d much rather them be around than anyone I grew up with. Everyone s dad I grew up with worked in steel mills or assembly plants. That’s robotic work. You don’t really know how to do much and that’s part of the problem.

I just mean they’ve viewed things a whole lot different than Dems for a long time. They weren’t Obama voters. What worked on winning them was simply wepaomized

They frustrate me, but I like them. I call them hayseeds when I’m standing next to them. They’ll bust my balls about being a Democrat and start going on about some redneck shit and I’ll tell them them to go watch a Hee Haw rerun and let the adults talk. It’s good natured with an edge as discussing politics often is.
    I passed by the closed GM plant near Youngstown again a few days ago. Still producing nothing but a desire by the locals to escape their ongoing economic plight by delving into opioids. Or vote for someone, anyone, that will fight “the Establishment”. And there are only two candidates in the running with that perspective by the voters there. One is Trump. The other is the guy who the Dem establishment is desperately trying to electorally kneecap before secures the nomination proceeds to throw all of the corrupt DNC hacks out on their asses.

I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    The Democrats worst nightmare is coming true.

Bernie Sanders will become the Democratic nominee for President.

Load Metric
    You missed a chance for 2.5 man race with Pete joke.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    that's an amazing article from bloomberg.com

buy media, buy votes make presidency.

buckle up one of the richest, racist white dudes wants to lead the democratic party....

:bank
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Anyone see this shit that eastern Oregon and possibly eastern Washington want out to become part of Idaho? I’m not sure if this has legs but if that happen can you imagine how that would open the floodgates?

Load Metric
    It’s a strange day when Meghan McCain speaks cogently about a political matter.

Comments

Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe: no reason
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish View Post
    Anyone see this shit that eastern Oregon and possibly eastern Washington want out to become part of Idaho? I’m not sure if this has legs but if that happen can you imagine how that would open the floodgates?
    This has to be approved by Idaho, Oregon, and US Congress, so it's unlikely to happen.

Some counties in Virginia also want to move to West Viriginia: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ia/4607728002/

Load Metric
    also how fucking hilarious is it, watching bernie bros attack bloomberg for once upon a time being a republican when bernie isnt even a democrat right now
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish View Post
    This has to be approved by Idaho, Oregon, and US Congress, so it's unlikely to happen.

Some counties in Virginia also want to move to West Viriginia: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ia/4607728002/
    prediction: We see a lot more stories like this over the next several years.

Thread Information