Page 153 of 223 FirstFirst ... 53103143149150151152153154155156157163203 ... LastLast
Results 3,041 to 3,060 of 4441

Thread: *** OFFICIAL 2020 Democratic Presidential Nomination Race Thread ***

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    if biden loses in south carolina or nevada, he might quit before super tuesday
    Biden is Biden and that’s a fail candidate, but I like his chances better today than a week ago. Bloomberg is getting pounded with negative shit. Biden isn’t really supposed to win NV. SC is must win.

Bloomberg isn’t on the ballot and Pete and Amy have almost zero black voters. It’s hard to imagine him not winning there. I agree he’s done if he doesn’t, and history says he simply doesn’t win, but I don’t know who can win other than him. I just struggle to see Bernie winning there. He got his ass kicked last time. I certainly don’t think he drops out before SC regardless of NV.

Comments

SPIT this: basically all this

Load Metric
    He won't.

Biden and Bloomberg think they are ordained by God to become President.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post
    He won't.

Naw, if Biden thinks he has no chance he'll drop out. He's not like retard Tulsi who will stay in with no apparent reasoning

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SPIT this View Post

He won't.

Naw, if Biden thinks he has no chance he'll drop out. He's not like retard Tulsi who will stay in with no apparent reasoning

oh she has reasons.

shes either going to end up on fox news, bernie's VP, or essentially both when he crashes and burns because of her.

Comments

SPIT this: I mean, ok, fair
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Topless protester confronts Bernie Sanders, de Blasio at Nevada campaign rally

https://nypost.com/2020/02/16/toples...ampaign-rally/

LOL.

Comments

duped_samaritan: lol

MumblesBadly: She looks like a hell-spawn demoness, probably contracted by Team Cheaty DNC to go after Saint Bernie. (“Begone, she-demon!”)

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Comments

MumblesBadly: Obviously a plant by Team DNC to try to embarrass Bernie. Cue outrage parade by MSM about “crazy Bernie supporters” in 3, 2, 1,...

Load Metric
    Druff, even you will enjoy the “ad” featured in this TYY clip.

Comments

limitles: It's great they tracked down the app designer, now they should get back to the Jeffrey Epstein results
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric

honestly this perfectly demonstrates how totally out of touch bloomberg is with the plight of the modern farmer.

the actual process is:

1) buy farmland.

2) beg for handouts from the government.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Just checking in, and predicting that:

Sonatine has been promoting establishment candidates who serve corporations (Bloomberg, Buttigieg, Biden, Klobuchar), while denigrating anti-establishment candidates who don't take bribes (Bernie and Tulsi).

Am I wrong?

Comments

MumblesBadly: Can you blame him for wanting to perpetuation of the capitalistic exploitation of the working masses?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by diggydow View Post

Sonatine has been promoting establishment candidates who serve corporations (Bloomberg, Buttigieg, Biden, Klobuchar), while denigrating anti-establishment candidates who don't take bribes (Bernie and Tulsi).

Am I wrong?
    Predicting is for things in the future.

Bummer Putin kicked Tulsi to the curb.

Load Metric

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

LOL.

Name:  biden.gif
Views: 485
Size:  503.7 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by mulva View Post

LOL.

Name:  biden.gif
Views: 485
Size:  503.7 KB
    That's a good point. This would've been better at a Biden rally because he would have groped one of the protestors and sniffed her hair.

I'm guessing Bernie can't even get it up anymore and didn't care about the young titties surrounding him.

Also lol vegans.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by duped_samaritan View Post

Am I wrong?

You type and interact people like you're a bit older, which makes this all the more confusing.

Didn't you live through McCarthyism, or learn about it? Don't you find anything detestable or morally wrong about this? Don't you have any questions when every one of Hillary Clinton's opponents (Tulsi, Bernie, Jill Stein, Trump) are called Russian spies?

It's so obvious it's propaganda fed into corporate media to trick the lowest common denominator into voting against their own interests.

But you swallow the propaganda as it's fed to you and then just go around embarrassing yourself by parroting it.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by duped_samaritan View Post

You type and interact people like you're a bit older, which makes this all the more confusing.

Didn't you live through McCarthyism, or learn about it? Don't you find anything detestable or morally wrong about this? Don't you have any questions when every one of Hillary Clinton's opponents (Tulsi, Bernie, Jill Stein, Trump) are called Russian spies?

It's so obvious it's propaganda fed into corporate media to trick the lowest common denominator into voting against their own interests.

But you swallow the propaganda as it's fed to you and then just go around embarrassing yourself by parroting it.
    guy is like 30 and is such a mindless drone he believed jussie smollet

Comments

dwai: ROFL #JusticeForJussie

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Bad news for Biden in NV.

Latest poll has him down 18 points there. Ouch. Even I think he's screwed there now.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Actually I see a different poll in Nevada, taken at the exact same time, where it's basically a 5-way tie and Steyer is technically ahead.

Not that I believe this. But it kinda shows that the polling in Nevada might be complete garbage, and hard to trust.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    not offered as any sort of rebuttal as much as pure thesis; bloomberg has momentum. if the election was held in 20 minutes, youre dead on the money.

but trump's cult loves a winner. bloomberg is going to eviscerate that mystique about trump during each and every debate, providing trump even shows up for them.

trump cant go after him because of racism; trump was sued (successfully) for having a hard policy of never selling units on his properties to black people.

trump cant go after him for stop and frisk because trump tweeted how much he loved it.

trump cant go after him for anything really.

and bloomberg has an incredibly target rich environment; every single thing donald trump sold himself as will wilt when bloomberg presents endless testimonials about how the dudes a grifter who squandered 10x more money than he ever made. and then hes going to show The Wall blowing over in a stiff breeze, trump being mocked at home and abroad, etc etc.

i dont know, i think hes more vulnerable than youre making him out to be.

I wanted to get back to your post and sans post.

Clearly Bloomberg has all the resources in the world. I’m sure he has nerds who can micro target every voter, but with what message? Does he know what he’s up against?

Like if he has a team of psychiatrists to go to work on Trump as you said in the other thread, I think Trump is a rather open book and it’s kind of a waste of time

There never was a rational reason for a bunch of low income white people in the rust belt to vote for Trump. Yet they did. So making a rational argument why they shouldn’t now isn’t likely to work imo. I mean, half these people are on food assistance and Medicaid and pulling the lever for the GOP. What’s rational about that?

Some just got sick of SJW shit, but not most, and you’re still part of the Dem party, so that will still be there.

This shit isn’t rational with Trump, it’s a love affair. I sat there last election cycle seeing it every day yet missing it. I kept thinking, well Nate Silver knows this shit way better than me, so clearly there is a whole lot of suburban women who are voting Hillary.

Every post of mine in that thread was confident that Hilary would win while saying you sure wouldn’t know it judging from what I’m seeing around me. I kept wondering, is there really this many suburban women because these counties haven’t went red in 80 years, yet they sure as fuck feel like they’re going red?

It’s when I started to view this shit like a relationship because there often isn’t anything rational about relationships. Someone pushed your buttons the right way.

The Dems had sat around promising these people they’d help them out, get shit done around the house, and little did you know your girl is on Facebook all day and next thing you know she’s fucking sidedish and you’re sitting there holding your dick wondering how the fuck did this happen?

Then you start thinking back to how you really weren’t paying attention to her, and you were worried about everyone else but her. and meanwhile sidedish is looking at her Facebook and profiling her ass and pushing every button because he was putting in the work. Now you’re fucked. You were worried about every special interest and ignoring her.

What they did was ingenious. I mean, sidedish was right as fuck last election. He deserves to be fucking your girl because he played you while you were asleep at the wheel

Trump voters are strange but not monolithic.

Like I dated this girl out in the country in Pa. She would go through her Facebook and I can’t explain to you how irritating these country people are. They truly love to stay scared. It’s a fetish.

Like they’re convinced child trafficking is the biggest issue in the world. They confuse 18 year old junkies getting played by pimps and ending up turning tricks in Detroit with children getting abducted because they’re fucking hayseeds. They lump human trafficking all together.

So every day it’s just same different variant of who is trying to take their guns, trump, and be on the lookout for a dude driving a van that looks like this because he was trying to grab kids at Walmart.

Scare articles where the headlines read, PA Reports 20k suspected child abductions this year!”. All the comments would be, “wow, I knew it was bad, but holy fuck, I don’t realize it had got this bad. Watch your kids!”

Like if you’re a dude who wants to bang all the country chicks you just make a strongly worded post about keeping an eye out for not just your own children but everyone’s children! That will get you laid in the country. If they taught PUA classes for rednecks and this wasn’t lesson one, they’re missing the mark.

Dumbest shit you can imagine. Just a total disconnect with reality and they hate facts.

So I sit there reading this nonsense over coffee and think you live in a region with all these little small towns with 3k people here. If kids were getting snagged, don’t you think it would be front page six o clock breaking news? Don’t you think you’d be forming lynch mobs and everyone would have their rifles and AR-15s and pickup trucks out looking for kids?

I’d sift through the article and get to the numbers and in the end, it’s like 15k domestic disputes, grandma picked 1500 up from school and didn’t tell mom, a few thousand kids ran away, and like twelve kids in a state of 10 million were actually stranger abducted. I’d look at the historical data and it was worse in 1975. You’d think pointing this out would alleviate their concerns and make them feel better, but if you do, they just get pissed.

I mean, this girl was crazy about me for a minute and I still felt like I had to deprogram her from this nonsense every day with more failure than success.

They want to stay scared for whatever reason. They hate how the world has changed around them and they get irritated if you point out their worry about this issue or that issue over there may be valid, but this fake fear shit is wholly irrational and they’re being played.

I just sat around and got pissed and wanted to fight rednecks every day and thought wtf is wrong with you people?

These places always go red, but not always with the same vigor. so you don’t need them, but there has to be a whole lot of people in Blake’s neighborhood pulling the lever for mike to combat these people being engaged.

That person is different than where I live despite being 20 miles away. Here, I see way less of that. It’s more just they like trump’s populism and that he says fuck you to China and Mexico even if he’s not really doing anything. We elected Jim Trafficant a dozen times here after he clearly was corrupt We don’t care about if you’re corrupt. We’re embittered in a much different way. It’s less fear of the outsider.

It’s more just that he just isn’t afraid to say fuck you to all these people. If someone posted that child abduction crap I could point out why it’s silly and it would be generally well-received. If I argued why his economic this or that is poorly reasoned, I’d be in for an argument. I’d be embracing weakness or sucking Mexican dick. They’ve lost their mind over different shit. I don’t argue shit online either place because I know it’s pointless. It’s just people watching for me.

But I’d think how different these two groups of pro-Trump people are and what motivates and scares them.

I feel like Trump and his people had this almost perfect feel for those distinctions last time around.

How these are all rust belt areas, but this person over here isn’t that person over there and what appeals to each sliver is different.. Bloomberg needs some luck and to do that even better than trump did, which feels almost impossible. If he has a cadre of psychiatrists, this is where they need deployed. In the micro targeting.

Like the people where I live and a bunch of dudes where Crowe live feel like the same guy if you’re in a bar watching a UFC fight. It’s Italian and Irish dudes and testosterone but there is a difference is being angry at gentrification and having to drive 15 minutes further to work and all the tech assholes driving up prices in your old neighborhood,. They’re pissed, but there are still jobs there. They may have some disappointment in Dem leadership, but they aren’t embittered and hopeless to the same degree. Their working class has stayed blue enough.

They also have more highly educated people in suburbs that are blue. Like Trump, I’m sure, appeals to blue collar dudes there, but not to the degree he does here. This shit here is dystopian and people just want to burn it all down at this point. A bunch of blue collar massholes are more generally pissed than embittered. People here are embittered.

All these states red or blue have these slivers of the same type of people with small differences that you need to grasp.

To beat Trump is to tap into those small distinctions and probably not even then unless external factors come into play, because they’re already in love with him. It’s a lot easier to win someone who is making a choice than it is to win someone all ready in love with someone else.

Trumps appeal here isn’t tax cuts. It’s a love affair. I can’t think of how else to describe it as it’s not rational. They defend him like it’s personal.

Presidencies are like marriages.

Like even the seven year itch is real in both where people start looking around.

These people aren’t on the honeymoon, but they’re still crazy in love. I’m not sure Mike Bloomberg can tempt them all that much when they’re still in love.

It’s why I’m not even sure it’s good if we could win. If you win and shit starts to go south they’ll just miss him and we’ll get don jr.next.

We need him to fuck up and lose these people first. They have to hate his ass. Then you pick up the pieces next cycle.

Bloomberg just putting Trump on blast and mocking him is a lot like trying to tell your 16 year old daughter that she should date the Asian kid with the 4.0 instead of the drummer with the nose ring and the fuck the world t-shirt because the Asian kid is respectful and polite and it will end better for her. You can insult and mock that kid all day and she’ll just love him more. This isn’t rational shit you’re dealing with.

After you fuck up and sidedish is banging your girl, you can probably get her back, but you’re going to have to let it run it’s course. So far he’s actually paid some bills and shit hasn’t went all that bad. She’s still pissed at you. Telling her he’s a damn drunk gambling degenerate isn’t likely to work. She’s going to have to see it for herself in the same way the 16 year old is going to have to see it herself. It’s a fucked up spot. I don’t see the argument to be made. It certainly isn’t going to be some fact based rational argument, and it can’t be all insults. You have to connect. It’s uphill and unlikely to succeed. Time to lick your wounds and work on yourself and realize you were slacking and wait for the other guy to fuck up and not be slacking next time.

Comments

thesidedish: wow sidedish getting killed for being a sleazeball

sonatine: typically lucid and insightful post, thank you, good read

gimmick:

MumblesBadly: I’m guessing that country girl you dated was whiter than white bread.

Daly: Fantastic post

Sheesfaced: BCR is god
    Last edited by BCR; 02-17-2020 at 10:21 PM.

Load Metric

Comments

MumblesBadly: Coge

Load Metric
    there is one minor adjustment to your perception of my comment that may have substantial impact on the overall message:

bloomberg's goal isnt to target any of the members of trumps cult with anything beyond his current standing brand; 'im better at everything trump represents'.

bloomberg's goal is to make trump spaz out and act crazy, period. nothing eviscerates a cult faster than dear leader losing his macho mystique.

and the don jr scenario is a lock if bernie wins, thats whats scaring the shit out of the dnc. bernies going to accomplish precisely fuckall with a hostile house and a hostile senate. and thats going to give us president don jr and president ivanka. bloomberg? bloomberg is not just smart, hes already starting to make the bernie bros pop like kernels of corn. and the center-right is going to vote for him on the strength of that alone.

so i completely agree with your diagnosis of the hayseed pathos. those people arent in play. but bloombergs going to present a center right narrative while cucking the they/them crowd and i think it will be more than enough to tip the scales for the election, and i think his policies are going to be perfect for rebranding the democratics as the grownups in the room.

also a lot of dems are going to vote for bloomberg simply to further alienate the bernie bros and tulsicult, both of whom are absolutely leaping at the chance to prove exactly everyone correct about them, by refusing outright to participate in our democracy if they dont get what they want.

also, bloomberg just qualified for the nevada debates. im looking forward to circling back and comparing notes after because i feel like no matter what we see, its going to change the game completely.

Comments

BCR:

Thread Information