Page 166 of 223 FirstFirst ... 66116156162163164165166167168169170176216 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,320 of 4441

Thread: *** OFFICIAL 2020 Democratic Presidential Nomination Race Thread ***

Load Metric
    I think Bloomberg's people told him to look calm and not get rattled. And he interpreted that as "look as lifeless as possible".

Load Metric
    Don’t walk anything back san. I mean he sucked, most likely because he’s been in charge so long and had people kissing his ass that he likely finds it impossible to believe he needs coached or isn’t charming. I’m sure every horse faced lesbian joke was received by a room full of suits laughing like he’s Dave Chappelle, but it really doesn’t matter. It will be Bernie/Biden/Bloomberg. The only 3 in the conversation. I assume Bloomberg didn’t get this rich without having some ability to adapt. I have to think his ego hates being endlessly mocked today.

The DNC will either recognize they have 8 stone cold unelectable losers up there and let the chips fall with Bernie and let the progressives have their guy, or they cast their lot with Biden or Bloomberg. I still think Bloomberg might be the slight favorite of those two.

It’s just a question of does the DNC take their L or take their L while blowing up the party at the same time. They’re completely capable of making the worst of two bad choices.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    I think Sanders enjoys the pulpit

Pete is a great speaker and you like what you are good at, I spoke. I find him snarky. Guy is playing way out of his league and holding his own.
    He’s like a pitcher brought up too quickly who has sick stuff but hasn’t yet learned to pitch. He was advised poorly. His issues with the police shit and being gay was easily foreseeable. He needed to do some famine relief work in Africa or put on a show in some other fashion before making a run.

Comments

Sanlmar:

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    I assume Bloomberg didn’t get this rich without having some ability to adapt.
    You know, I’m getting tired of hearing this default. Nothing personal. Everyone’s doing it.

You’re the sports guy. Could Bob Cousy play basketball today? Larry Bird?

Nolan Bushnell started Atari & Chuck E Cheese. He’d sweep floors today.

Druff on this list?

All geniuses .... of their times?

The “serve by date” on Bloomberg may have expired.

I hate to admit it but as you get older you tend to get complacent. You lose step with the times... often cause you don’t feel the need to stay plugged in. “I’m kind of all set.” not hungry and angry

Maybe it’s testosterone or chemistry. Idk.

KRYPT may have had a stroke of genius. Bloomberg’s success really is dated. Lol, the terminals. NYC 2010 really is a lifetime ago.

I’m not seeing a god damned thing yet except he was once real sharp.

Load Metric
    It’s 3:50p Krypt.

I gotta get dressed for dinner.

Load Metric
    pretty sure he didnt flip 4bn into 64bn by selling terminals.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SPIT this View Post
    This was the first debate I wasn't able to watch live. Just watched the replay and man did I miss a good one. Bloomberg had the worst debate I've seen from anyone since Rick Perry in 2016. I can't believe he was so poorly prepared. He went from 28% on predictit down to 14%. Yikes. I don't think Bloom can buy his way out of this one. A big reason he surged is because of the media coverage he received, not so much his massive ad buy (which has diminishing returns). Now that media coverage is turning negative.

Also, this was Joe's best debate. It helped a lot having Bloomberg up there. He looked like a liberal in comparison. I pretty much agree with Daly's rankings. Biden and Warren were both good, I'd prob have Warren as the winner. Sanders was fine. Not great, but fine. Pete was not very good. Klobuchar was bad. And Bloomberg was horrific.
    The SNL version of the debate will be better.

The reason Mike Bloomberg was included in the debate was because of Elizabeth Warren. She pressured the DNC to get rid of the donor threshold so they could allow Bloomberg to qualify and participate in the debate.

She had been planning that attack against Michael Bloomberg for months.

Fact is, the women Bloomberg was talking about were "fat broads" and "horse-faced" lesbians.

Load Metric
    By adapt I meant just not be horrible. You don’t need to be good to beat the rest of these clowns. You don’t need to be peak Jordan. You can be wizards Jordan. Just be middle of the pack and with his bankroll, that might be enough to get the nom. Not beat trump. He’s not doing that.

Load Metric
    Not beat trump. He’s not doing that.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    While we are walking shit back.

The night of the election I was betting Clinton. I got destroyed as I took increasing better odds. I didn’t get it.

I still think the populist battle is forgotten with the morons who are doing the campaign analysis.

The battle for those is Sanders Trump.

Bloomberg is irrelevant at this point. Persist at your own peril.
    Barring our prior disagreement about the market for bitcoin, always respected your willingness to see reality for what it is given the absolute need for a successful trader to not wishfully delude himself. Perhaps others here will come to understand what you speak of before it’s too late to ask me with my fellow comrades for help getting their families preferential treatment at a “re-education camp” they will be “invited” to move to after January.

i can't listen to these two. she speaks like an 18 yr old girl from orange county and the dude sound like eddie murphy making fun of the white dudes the way they speak in beverly hills cop...you know. the: "banana in the tailpipe voice"
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by thesidedish View Post

lol wtf mulva nailed the sell blue star analogy this guy is drawing dead

Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Load Metric
    By adapt I meant just not be horrible. You don’t need to be good to beat the rest of these clowns. You don’t need to be peak Jordan. You can be wizards Jordan. Just be middle of the pack and with his bankroll, that might be enough to get the nom. Not beat trump. He’s not doing that.
    The next debate is Tuesday. That's in 5 days, and that's the final debate before Super Tuesday where he needs to do well. That's not enough time to prepare, especially if he wants to keep doing a million talking head shows a day. The good news for him is expectations are so low for his performance next debate, that if he does mediocre it'll be received as a great performance. But having a mediocre performance might be a tough ask from him.

Load Metric
    remember that time trump bombed every single fucking debate?

that was hilarious when he didnt get elected because of it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

obv need to buy moar shares.

lol @ bloomberg trying to be the face of the democratic party.

there's been plenty of fails, but this is the biggest faggot thing ive ever seen..sad, actually, for the whole party.

Load Metric

i have a hard time seeing how any democrat could take bernie out.

he's going to have the delegate lead going into the convention, even if it's less than the amount needed for the nomination.

in a contested convention, will the dnc give it to some other candidate like bloomberg and risk that half of bernie's voters stay home or vote for trump?

i love that idea, but i doubt the dnc will do it

Diamond
    Load Metric
    "we should play by the rules as far as delegates at the convention goes"

"the general election should be decided by the popular vote, not the electoral college"

- the same ppl

90% of humans in a nutshell: what words can I put together in this specific instance that ends with me being pleased

Load Metric
    Pretty sure he did

Napkin math from 5 year old numbers
    (assume they are bigger now)

Terminal $2k/mo x 315,000 terminals worldwide = $630,000,000/mo revenue

Comments

MumblesBadly: Terminal leases account for about 75% of Bloomberg, L.P. revenues, so, mostly yeah.

Load Metric
    Pretty sure he did

Napkin math from 5 year old numbers
    (assume they are bigger now)

Terminal $2k/mo x 315,000 terminals worldwide = $630,000,000/mo revenue

jesus, good point. mea culpa.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by thesidedish View Post
    "we should play by the rules as far as delegates at the convention goes"

"the general election should be decided by the popular vote, not the electoral college"

- the same ppl

90% of humans in a nutshell: what words can I put together in this specific instance that ends with me being pleased

fuck it, im getting drunk tonight on that note

Thread Information