Page 186 of 223 FirstFirst ... 86136176182183184185186187188189190196 ... LastLast
Results 3,701 to 3,720 of 4441

Thread: *** OFFICIAL 2020 Democratic Presidential Nomination Race Thread ***

Load Metric
    If Bloomberg bribes everyone with $200 for every person who votes for him, then can he win the nomination?

Comments

1marley1: Picture/link doesn’t match post

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post
    Don't worry, President Bernie Sanders will print plenty of cash so he can pay for everything.

Medicare for all, $15 an hour minimum wage, free college tuition, free cash, etc.

No president has ever printed cash. The Fed manages the money supply, not the executive branch.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Not true. I have an early 1960s Treasury Silver Certificate in my very small collection of old US currency.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    Don't worry, President Bernie Sanders will print plenty of cash so he can pay for everything.

Medicare for all, $15 an hour minimum wage, free college tuition, free cash, etc.

No president has ever printed cash. The Fed manages the money supply, not the executive branch.
    have you seen how trump has castrated powell in public?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post

have you seen how trump has castrated powell in public?
    He can say any crazy shit he wants, the Fed adjusts interest rates and the money supply. Trump can try to bully them but they'd have to give in and congress would have to stand by and do nothing.

Comments

1marley1: Unimaginable...

Load Metric
    There's a market on PI for "Will Tom Steyer finish in the top 3 in SC". It hit 80% today. If it goes over 80%, I may start nibbling some "no" shares. He'll probably get 3rd, but his polling has been more erratic than others and I think if somebody underperforms his polling, it'll be him. Although people may just use him as a proxy for Bloomberg. I'd love to see him get 2nd and embarrass Bernie in the South.

Load Metric

Not true. The Treasury was printing silver certificates until the mid-1960s, at which time the Tresury announced it was halting their printing. So unless the late 1800s law that allowed for such bills to be printed was repealed, a president could still direct the Treasury to print them again.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SPIT this View Post
    There's a market on PI for "Will Tom Steyer finish in the top 3 in SC". It hit 80% today. If it goes over 80%, I may start nibbling some "no" shares. He'll probably get 3rd, but his polling has been more erratic than others and I think if somebody underperforms his polling, it'll be him. Although people may just use him as a proxy for Bloomberg. I'd love to see him get 2nd and embarrass Bernie in the South.

I’ve been looking at this bet also from both angles. Coming in second, falling out of top 3. I’m trying to figure out exactly what percentage of the vote in a dem primary is black in SC. It’s easy to find the state demographics. I think it’s somewhere in the 40s %. I think Biden may win by like 15%. That Clyburn endorsement might just get the black vote to say fuck it, Steyer isn’t happening, and Steyer has nothing else. I’m leaning falling out of top 3 as it nears with the idea that segment may all break one way, but Steyer has lived down there and reparations talk scare me. I can’t find who would take third if he even got a sliver. If Pete wasn’t gay he’d grab all those old white people.

Ive picked exact order in NH and Nevada. Wasn’t a second place market in Iowa, which given how long money is tied up, glad they didn’t as I likely would have lost. This one is much trickier when you get to second and third.

Load Metric
    Druff,

If you’re going to draw attention to Elizabeth Warren’s willingness to lie when politically convenient, at least do s with a case that is likely to matter.

I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    b-l-o-w-o-u-t

And I'm gonna stay away from the Steyer top 3 bet
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Load Metric
    is biden somehow not actually out of this?

Load Metric
    Biden is not out.

The media loves a comeback story and if Biden wins SC by 10+, it'll set up some big Super Tuesday wins and then who knows. He's surging on PredictIt. Bloomberg is gonna keep going down, and Biden will capture most of that. And if Klob/Pete drop out, a lot of that support should go to Biden. It's an uphill battle, but 25% probabilities happen all the time. This race will become a two person battle between Biden and Sanders.

Load Metric
    The hits keep coming for Biden. +9 in Florida from St Pete Polls, which has historically been a very good pollster for Bloomberg. Biden is going to crush Florida. He could also win Texas. Both of these are a grip of delegates, but California will more than wipe it out. Bernie will win big in CA, especially since they've been early voting for a while already.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    Biden is definitely mentally out of it.

Comments

MumblesBadly: But James Clyburn vouched for Crime Bill Joe!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    Fuck no he’s not out of it. He might be the favorite in a few weeks. This is what I meant the other day when I said Bloomberg was cutting his own throat dropping oppo Bernie shit if he actually wants to win. Biden was most likely going to win SC anyway. He was better off if it was a narrow win or if he could somehow get the black vote to split Steyer/Biden and have Bernie eek one out. He should have been running anti-Joe ads in SC Now Biden is going to win a blowout and he’s favored now in every southern state. Bloomberg needed Biden dead and then go after Bernie. If Joe catches steam, there isn’t a lane for Bloomberg and Joe is literally senile and has less of a chance than Bernie if wining it all.

Comments

SPIT this: exactly right

Load Metric
    As a Trumper, I want Biden to win SC by a HUGE margin. This will almost secure a brokered convention (look it up) and totally fracture the Democrats for years. I am not just looking to Trump for 2020, but the Trump Dynasty for years to come. People, we are seeing the birth of the next Kennedy dynasty. Who would not want a Donald Trump Jr. or Ivanka Presidency in 2024?

Look, I have been following politics for 20+ years so I know the dynamics of this game better than anyone. Fracture your opponent into individual camps and watch them crater. As a political historian it's what Abe Lincoln said: "A House divided against itself cannot stand". This is the Democrat party, a bunch of factions. Now and sit back and pour a drink and watch it burn down.

Hehehe.

Comments

1marley1: terrible...

Walter Sobchak: Dumbest poster here

LegalizeMeth: lost me at "as a trumper"

Load Metric
    Trump rural hayseed voters are less likely to be affected by coronavirus than liberal coastal cities.

Just want to help tgull

Comments

MumblesBadly: But they are more likely to smoke and have other redneck-related health issues that would make them more likely to die from it if contracted.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SPIT this View Post
    The hits keep coming for Biden. +9 in Florida from St Pete Polls, which has historically been a very good pollster for Bloomberg. Biden is going to crush Florida. He could also win Texas. Both of these are a grip of delegates, but California will more than wipe it out. Bernie will win big in CA, especially since they've been early voting for a while already.

I agree.

Load Metric
    My book has all the Super Tuesday states up. Joe in Texas +170 and Virginia +180 are what stood out to me, and I took them both. I think my book is a little behind and these lines will move quickly.

Comments

Kuntmissioner: props on the props

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Who would not want a Donald Trump Jr. or Ivanka Presidency in 2024?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    As a Trumper, I want Biden to win SC by a HUGE margin. This will almost secure a brokered convention (look it up) and totally fracture the Democrats for years. I am not just looking to Trump for 2020, but the Trump Dynasty for years to come. People, we are seeing the birth of the next Kennedy dynasty. Who would not want a Donald Trump Jr. or Ivanka Presidency in 2024?

Look, I have been following politics for 20+ years so I know the dynamics of this game better than anyone. Fracture your opponent into individual camps and watch them crater. As a political historian it's what Abe Lincoln said: "A House divided against itself cannot stand". This is the Democrat party, a bunch of factions. Now and sit back and pour a drink and watch it burn down.

Hehehe.
    Saving this post for future ridicule of bottomset

Comments

MumblesBadly: tgull seems to have forgotten what happened to the two older Kennedy brothers who lived past WW II

Thread Information