Page 19 of 223 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969119 ... LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL 2020 Democratic Presidential Nomination Race Thread ***

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by duped_samaritan View Post
    Come on Druff. You can't bash on how stupid polls are that show Trump losing, then quote other polls to show how bad candidates you don't like are.

Polls results should obviously be taken with a grain of salt, but so should your personal instincts.

At least the polls aren't claiming "candidate X has 0% chance and candidate Y will definitely beat candidate Z" - which is a hell of a lot more rational than the way you're approaching the election.

Here's an interesting article claiming that Biden won't win: https://spectator.us/joe-biden-wont-win/

I agree... except he won't win the Presidency. He'll probably win the primary, and then lose against Trump when voters come to realize that he's even older and more prone to saying stupid things than Trump himself.
    Biden being more prone to say stupid shit than Trump....I don't even know what to say. It's like you live in a different universe where Trump doesn't say mind blowingly stupid shit on a near daily basis.

I get what you’re saying, those poor kids are just as smart as white kids.

Comments

Tellafriend: Real life laugh

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Remember Trump only even had a chance at the White House because HC is so fuckin horrible, Trump should have been a layup for anyone. Now the Dems have went even crazier which is opening the door for him again. It’s truly hilarious to watch. Obama currently has something like a 95% approval rating with Democrat voters so what do the candidates do during the last debate? Trash what Obama did. You can’t make this shit up. They’re horrible. Free healthcare and college to all illegals. Lmfao
    Last edited by nightmarefish; 08-20-2019 at 03:19 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish View Post
    Remember Trump only even had a chance at the White House because HC is so fuckin horrible, Trump should have been a layup for anyone. Now the Dems have went even crazier which is opening the door for him again. It’s truly hilarious to watch. Obama currently has something like a 95% approval rating with Democrat voters so what do the candidates do during the last debate? Trash what Obama did. You can’t make this shit up. They’re horrible. Free healthcare and college to all illegals. Lmfao
    I was looking at today’s polls. I truly cannot believe the Democrat offerings. Druff looks like he’s right about Biden.

That’s the plan? I hope they take out some life insurance cause those that donated are gonna want a refund if he doesn’t live til the general election.

Biden has a high probability of committing ritual suicide on live tv with some idiotic statement. He doesn’t get a pass like Trump. I’m not sure why but those are the rules

what a hopeless system it has become. Shameful.

The single hope is the economy hits recession ahead of schedule. With the incumbent pushing the buttons there is like zero chance.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    I was looking at today’s polls. I truly cannot believe the Democrat offerings. Druff looks like he’s right about Biden.

That’s the plan? I hope they take out some life insurance cause those that donated are gonna want a refund if he doesn’t live til the general election.

Biden has a high probability of committing ritual suicide on live tv with some idiotic statement. He doesn’t get a pass like Trump. I’m not sure why but those are the rules

The single hope is the economy hits recession ahead of schedule. With the incumbent pushing the buttons there is like zero chance.

trump just announced publicly that he's cancelling a trip to denmark because they won't sell him greenland.

that actually happened.

we are a global laughingstock.

this was the most humiliating day of trump's presidency and it just doesn't end.

all of the democrat candidates have a very good chance against him despite their flaws. at least they're not legitimately retarded.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post

trump just announced publicly that he's cancelling a trip to denmark because they won't sell him greenland.

that actually happened.

this was the most humiliating day of trump's presidency and it just doesn't end.

all of the democrat candidates have a very good chance against him despite their flaws. at least they're not legitimately retarded.
    Free healthcare and free college for all illegals doesn’t classify as retarded? We would have a million people a day walking over the border.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

that actually happened.

Free healthcare and free college for all illegals doesn’t classify as retarded? We would have a million people a day walking over the border.
    This seems to be one of the biggest fears amongst many Americans. Illegals, who have some how evaded the law, will be flaunting their undocumented illegal asses around Dr’s offices and university classes while poor old Buford is going to pay for it all.

You have to be a resident. You need proof of that. You may have blown your cover Jose

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

that actually happened.

The American people are used to Trump. They've seen all of his antics ever since he was on the campaign trail four years ago. He's the same Trump during this time period. It's not like he postured as being a certain way and then was totally different during his Presidency.

All the dumb shit he does and says isn't really going to hurt him, unless he does something really major.

People just won't be comfortable with a Bernie or Warren type running the country at this point. Too many radical ideas, too off-putting for the average swing voter.

Biden can beat Trump, but his stupid statements and strangeness will basically cancel out Trump doing the same, thus killing the best argument Democrats have against Trump: "Do you really want this old, unstable, out of touch guy being President?"

However, Biden might have enough working class appeal to snatch back the states Trump turned, so he's definitely the most dangerous.

Obama never liked Biden, btw. He took him to lock up Pennsylvania, and then became exasperated with some of Biden's dumb statements while on the campaign trail. At one point during the 2008 election, shortly after Obama had made big gains in the polls following the financial/housing crash, Biden again said something idiotic. Obama was overheard shouting something like, "I'm so fucking sick of this. We finally make good progress in the polls, and then Biden has to go out there and say stupid shit."

Obama shut Biden down during the final two months of the 2008 campaign. Biden basically wasn't allowed to speak -- something he resented. The two men kind of made up as the Presidency wore on, but they were never close. At best, Obama tolerated him.

Now Obama wishes Biden would just go away, so as to avoid becoming an embarrassment of his legacy.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Interestingly, Obama actually likes George W. Bush far better than Biden. Michelle especially likes Bush, at least on a personal level.

Their friendship was especially solidified by a common hatred for Trump, who was especially brutal on Jeb during the 2016 campaign, essentially ruining Jeb's political career.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

However, Biden might have enough working class appeal to snatch back the states Trump turned, so he's definitely the most dangerous.
    I ripped your Biden analysis previously as being first level. It seemed so simple. So stupid. But Biden really is the Democratic absence of strategy.

The statement above about working class appeal. This phase of the economy still favors the populist movement. The rich see their assets values exploding and the working class ... well, not so much.

Nothing has changed.

But here is Trump just like last election talking nationalism and protectionism. The Wall etc.

You know what plays on the election trail?

China manufacturing. China tariffs. More protectionism. Bringing jobs back.

Just wait for scary sabre rattling talk. That’s coming. USA USA v China

Folks in the cheap seats are gonna be stamping their feet in the bleachers when Trump speaks.

He bought the 1% with the new (idiotic) tax plan.

The millenials and educated won’t vote for him but they also aren’t gonna be motivated by Biden. I can only imagine Bidens campaign staff is gonna simply suck too.

Load Metric

I ripped your Biden analysis previously as being first level. It seemed so simple. So stupid. But Biden really is the Democratic absence of strategy.

The statement above about working class appeal. This phase of the economy still favors the populist movement. The rich see their assets values exploding and the working class ... well, not so much.

Nothing has changed.

But here is Trump just like last election talking nationalism and protectionism. The Wall etc.

Folks in the cheap seats are gonna be stamping their feet in the bleachers when Trump speaks.

The millenials and educated won’t vote for him but they also aren’t gonna be motivated by Biden. I can only imagine Bidens campaign staff is gonna simply suck too.
    don't underestimate the strength of the anti-trump vote. a mr. potato head doll would get an enthusiastic 50% of the vote and would actually have a higher approval rating than trump.

trump's happens to be one of the lowest in history, if not the lowest, despite a booming economy. this shouldn't be possible.

Platinum
    Load Metric

Nothing has changed.

think you hit the ol' nail on the head...have to get BCR to confirm...all the shit BCR talks about resonates because I know some people from back in that area...

I think if trump can get up there and tell all the Midwesterners that he stood eye to eye with china and told them to fuck off that will get him a ton of points even if it hasn't mean a resurgence of American manufacturing yet (or ever)…

all this shit is, is marketing...

Load Metric

that actually happened.

The American people are used to Trump. They've seen all of his antics ever since he was on the campaign trail four years ago. He's the same Trump during this time period. It's not like he postured as being a certain way and then was totally different during his Presidency.

All the dumb shit he does and says isn't really going to hurt him, unless he does something really major.

People just won't be comfortable with a Bernie or Warren type running the country at this point. Too many radical ideas, too off-putting for the average swing voter.

Biden can beat Trump, but his stupid statements and strangeness will basically cancel out Trump doing the same, thus killing the best argument Democrats have against Trump: "Do you really want this old, unstable, out of touch guy being President?"

Obama never liked Biden, btw. He took him to lock up Pennsylvania, and then became exasperated with some of Biden's dumb statements while on the campaign trail. At one point during the 2008 election, shortly after Obama had made big gains in the polls following the financial/housing crash, Biden again said something idiotic. Obama was overheard shouting something like, "I'm so fucking sick of this. We finally make good progress in the polls, and then Biden has to go out there and say stupid shit."

Obama shut Biden down during the final two months of the 2008 campaign. Biden basically wasn't allowed to speak -- something he resented. The two men kind of made up as the Presidency wore on, but they were never close. At best, Obama tolerated him.

Now Obama wishes Biden would just go away, so as to avoid becoming an embarrassment of his legacy.
    we're gonna disagree about that. biden says stupid things inadvertently. trump says them deliberately. trump's statements cannot be cancelled out by anyone.

the only advantage trump has is that his followers -- yourself being the most prominent on pfa -- see him as an infallible god. he could say literally anything and wouldn't lose a vote. democrats hold their candidates accountable, in contrast.

Load Metric
    How did you go from not even voting for him to...this.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    HILLARY READY TO RUN AND KNIFE WARREN?? I've always thought she would get in since she has so many "got robbed" excuses from 2016

Load Metric
    Nevada won’t tolerate underhanded election tricks used in other states
    Wednesday, Aug. 21, 2019 | 2 a.m.

https://www.lasvegassun.com/news/201...tion-tricks-u/

If there’s any doubt you’ll win, cheat. And if you get caught cheating, destroy the evidence.

This is what the Republican Party of 2019 considers acceptable election strategy.

The party’s latest attack on democracy was exposed last week in a court ruling in Georgia, where a federal judge blasted Republican state officials over the state’s controversial 2018 election.

The ruling from U.S. District Judge Amy Totenberg came in a lawsuit over allegations that GOP operatives committed widespread suppression of black voters and gamed the voting system in 2018. Their goal: to engineer Republican gubernatorial candidate Brian Kemp’s win against Democrat Stacey Abrams.

Totenberg ruled that the election was rife with problems — malfunctioning voting machines, voter selections automatically flipping to other candidates, self-casting ballots, misinformation about voters’ polling places and addresses, and more. She said the plaintiffs provided a “mountain of evidence” proving the problems had a “tangible impact” on many Georgians’ ability to vote and have their ballots counted accurately.

Totenberg also harshly criticized state officials for failing to address a 2017 system breach that exposed the data of 6.7 million Georgia voters, as well as passwords used by county officials to access information. Voter rights advocates claimed the breach allowed Republicans to train their voter suppression efforts on black communities, where voters have traditionally supported Democratic Party candidates.

In an obvious sign that Republicans were caught with dirty hands, the relevant servers were wiped shortly after the lawsuit was filed. Totenberg said the GOP’s assertions that the servers “were simply ‘repurposed’ and not intentionally destroyed or wiped is flatly not credible.”

The clear takeaway of the ruling is that Republicans maintained a voting system that could easily be hacked, rigged and weaponized against black voters.

For that, the preponderance of guilt falls on Kemp, who was Georgia’s secretary of state from 2010 until shortly after the election. (Yes, Kemp remained in charge of the election during the race, which Abrams aptly compared to a boxing match where one fighter is also the referee and one of the judges.)

The ruling is a scathing rebuke of Kemp and his fellow Republicans.

But the GOP showed no shame. A spokeswoman for the current secretary of state — a Republican, naturally — called Totenberg’s conclusions “silly and unfounded.” This despite the plaintiffs providing statements from more than 130 voters, 15 poll watchers and two county poll workers about the subterfuge.

There’s nothing silly or unfounded about what happened in Georgia. The same goes for Republican attacks on democracy there and in other states through gerrymandering and voting suppression. When those disgusting tactics don’t work and Republicans lose elections anyway, they resort to scorched-earth legislation that undercuts powers of incoming Democratic Party leaders. That happened in Michigan, North Carolina and Wisconsin.

Nevadans won’t stand for this. In the past two election cycles, voters here sent a loud-and-clear message to Republicans that we’ll protect poll access for all eligible voters and ensure their ballots are counted accurately.

We took a responsible step forward by passing the motor voter ballot question in 2018, which makes voter registration automatic when someone applies at the Department of Motor Vehicles for a driver’s license or identification card. In last year’s legislative session, lawmakers restored voting rights for convicted felons upon completion of their sentences. Then there’s the remarkable work of the Clark County Election Department, which eliminated the old precinct voting system in favor of election centers allowing eligible county voters to cast ballots at locations across the Las Vegas Valley. The change made voting far more convenient.

The Culinary Union and other advocacy groups also deserve a hand for efforts to register voters, especially among groups where turnout is traditionally low.

Nevada is a model of what can be accomplished when voters elect responsible leaders. We’ve put up a barrier to undemocratic activities of the GOP as shown in Georgia and so many other states.

Now, we must keep that wall strong. As revealed in Totenberg’s ruling, Republicans will sink to any depth in attacking fair voting.
    I remember that election, the democrat Stacey Abrams should have easily won but she didn't because the Republicans and her opponent Brian Kemp cheated until he won.

If you can't win CHEAT!

This has been the Republican strategy for decades.

TRUMP is ready to CHEAT his ass off...again.

Comments

MumblesBadly: That’s what the GOP is hoping for.
    Last edited by TheXFactor; 08-21-2019 at 11:55 AM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post
    Trivia Question: The loyalty of the Jewish people have been questioned in every county they’ve ever lived in, except one. Can you name it?

i have no idea what you're saying, honestly, but it sounds like you're missing the point.

the most egregious form of anti-semitism is when people claim that jews have "dual loyalty." here, trump is explicitly saying just that.

meanwhile druff thinks that jews should be backing this moron
    Trump isn’t at all saying that. He’s saying what Druff has been claiming: That Jews shouldn’t support the Democrats because the Dems don’t unconditionally support Israel like the Christian Zionist-dominated GOP does. Meaning, American Jews who aren’t unapologetic Zionists are traitors to “their race”.
    Last edited by MumblesBadly; 08-21-2019 at 12:31 PM.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    LMFAO at anyone that’s buying in to the idea that it’s too difficult for some people to vote, what a joke. Reality is people that don’t vote either don’t think their vote really counts or don’t care enough to vote (and in most cases are completely clueless about what’s going on politically in this country). There aren’t millions of people out there thinking, damn I really want to vote but this shit is too hard. Come on man.

Load Metric
    Bad news, Jay Inslee is OUT. This along with the Hickenlooper news earlier has been personally devastating.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by thesidedish View Post
    HILLARY READY TO RUN AND KNIFE WARREN?? I've always thought she would get in since she has so many "got robbed" excuses from 2016

She's not sticking it to Warren, she's quoting the song in the video, which is pretty funny given the lyrics are "I just took a DNA test, turns out I'm 100% that bitch"

Comments

thesidedish: Works both ways which is why its god

Thread Information