Page 174 of 223 FirstFirst ... 74124164170171172173174175176177178184 ... LastLast
Results 3,461 to 3,480 of 4441

Thread: *** OFFICIAL 2020 Democratic Presidential Nomination Race Thread ***

Load Metric

Sounds like you are ready to put your money where your mouth is.

I’d advise against it personally but I’ve been wrong before.[/QUOTE]

honestly im barely willing to bet that theres going to be an election at all.

(also i got $500 on bernie at like +800 but whatever).
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Bottom dollar what's it gonna cost to never see you type hypertruth again

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    ( i got $500 on bernie at like +800 but whatever).

Name:  images-3.jpeg
Views: 338
Size:  7.6 KB
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Load Metric
    The biggest thing Bernie has going for him right now is the fact that nearly every Trump supporter is celebrating early and telling anyone who will listen what a lock their dear leader is for November.

Load Metric

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by duped_samaritan View Post
    I'd like to apply to be a bernie bro.

:drone

Load Metric
    Name:  Screen Shot 2020-02-23 at 5.43.23 PM.png
Views: 362
Size:  1.27 MB

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Believe it or not, I think Pete is running to finish 2nd at this point.

He's 38 years old. He has a long time ahead of him. Unlike Bernie, Biden, and Warren, who are all old, Pete just needs to remain a viable choice for future elections.

Amazingly, he could run in 2060 and still be slightly younger than Bernie is now!

In fact, unlike the other candidates, Pete aging 4-8 years would actually be an advantage, as one knock against him is that he's too young to be President.

I think he realizes that he's not going to convert black people overnight, and Bernie is killing it. If he can finish 2nd, he can be the Democratic version of George HW Bush, John McCain, and Mitt Romney who became the nominee after finishing second on their previous attempt.

He also needs to attack Bernie (as he has been) so he can be the "I told you so" candidate in 2024. When Bernie wins the nomination and gets shellacked by the hated Trump later this year, Pete can come back in 2024 and say, "We tried nominating a radical candidate in 2020, and look what happened. It's time to go with a practical Democrat this time who can appeal to all Americans."

He'll also have four years to attempt to fix his problem with attracting black voters. However, this will be his greatest challenge, because unless he wakes up one day and pretends he actually likes vagina, they're not going to accept him.

I don't even think he wants a VP spot with Bernie at this point, because he probably believes Bernie is going to lose, and he doesn't want to sink with that failboat. I have to imagine Bernie doesn't care for him too much at this point. It's likely Bernie will pick a female VP, given that it's projected he will have a problem getting suburban women to vote for him (something Hillary was actually fairly good at). Early research shows that suburban women are concerned about his radicalism.

It's actually possible Pete finishes second to Bernie. Biden and Warren are pretty much dead in the water. Klobuchar looks like she's about hit her ceiling and isn't going anywhere. Bloomberg, despite all the money he's spending, has lost a lot of his shine since the debate, and it's only going to get worse as questions are raised about his past. Mayor Pete and Bloomberg are the most likely second place finishers at this point.

Load Metric
    todge out here dropping sick paragraphs for you rubes

Load Metric
    like the way he properly formats his sentences marrrrrrone

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    "Bernie won't get his proposals through anyway" is a strange reason to vote for him, but that's the weird line of reasoning I'm seeing from some Democrats, including sonatine.

Soooo... you are going to vote for someone with the hope that they WON'T get anything done?

The truth is that, if Bernie manages to upset Trump, there's a decent chance Dems also grab the Senate. That would give them all 3 houses, and Bernie WILL get things done. And that's scary.

For all the talk about how "dangerous" Trump is, the truth of the matter is that the country didn't worsen or radically change over the past 3 years. Take someone from January 2017 and drop them in February 2020, and they'll be hard pressed to tell you differences they see in their day-to-day life, or even where the US currently stands on the world stage.

We're not in any new wars, the economy is actually a good deal BETTER, Obamacare still stands, healthcare still has the same issues it did in 2017, taxes are somewhat lower, abortion is still legal (in fact, late term is now legal in some states), and there hasn't been any rollback of civil rights.

Where is the facism we were promised by the left? Where are the catastrophic wars? Where is the collapsing economy?

I'm saying this because Bernie DOES want to radically change things. For all the talk about Trump being "the most dangerous President", the reality is that Trump is an immature child with a fairly standard modern Republican agenda, whereas Bernie is more emotionally mature but wants to completely redefine America.

Take away Trump's bluster and his offensive tweets, and he's not too different from any other Republican in office. Bernie is a completely different animal from other Democrats we've seen in the modern era. His Presidency really would be a disaster -- unless he actually failed to get anything done, which indeed is a weird thing to wish for as you vote for him.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post

The republicans wet dream is Bernie. Even more than the pretend Indian.

Dems only prayer is that Obama, hrc, or Oprah get involved. Short of that, trump will win by a larger landslide than last time, electorally speaking of course. And I’m glad to put my money where my mouth is for anyone so inclined.
    This is such bullshit.
    Bernie Sanders is not Hillary Clinton.
    People actually like Bernie.

It is Trump that will lose by a huge landslide.

Trump will be so embarrassed by the loss that he will never show his fake tan face in public again.

It will be the biggest win in Democratic history.

Ok, what shall we wager then? I’m game anywhere bn $500-$5000. Escrow w druff.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Hang on, I want to bet this, too.

XFactor probably not betting, though. Nobody knows who he is, not even me. I doubt he will give up that anonymity.

Load Metric
    that trump pic is iconic

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Listen, I have a CRIS account. I see how big a fav the republicans are to win but I am not sure sure. If the virus whacks the stock market and things look bad in the street, people will vote for Mickey Mouse to affect change.

I think a scenario more likely than most realize is Trump winning the popular vote and losing the election.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post
    Listen, I have a CRIS account. I see how big a fav the republicans are to win but I am not sure sure. If the virus whacks the stock market and things look bad in the street, people will vote for Mickey Mouse to affect change.

I think a scenario more likely than most realize is Trump winning the popular vote and losing the election.
    i don't think many realize how many peeps are underground that support trump. there are literally 1000's of these republican clubs in many towns or cities.

and c'mon...how the fuck is bernie suppose to get the older vote....no chance..and good luck getting 18/25yr old soft skulls to the polls

Comments

Tellafriend: this
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Load Metric

did this fuckin guy say hes going to tax stock market 'speculation' to pay for medicaid for all and cancelling student debt?

ok i found a 2016 npr article on the subject:

"Under the Sanders proposal, trades would be taxed at a rate of 0.5 percent for stocks and 0.1 percent for bonds. A stock trade of $1,000 would thus incur a cost of $5."

this is going to get greasy.

Load Metric
    he possibly did but speculating on how old sonatine is over under 63 -91billion on the over

Load Metric
    you do understand how strong a minus 91 billion on the over under is

Thread Information