Page 167 of 223 FirstFirst ... 67117157163164165166167168169170171177217 ... LastLast
Results 3,321 to 3,340 of 4441

Thread: *** OFFICIAL 2020 Democratic Presidential Nomination Race Thread ***

Load Metric
    Name:  ERQ7pILWoAEEK0Y.jpeg
Views: 306
Size:  103.7 KB
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by thesidedish View Post
    "we should play by the rules as far as delegates at the convention goes"

"the general election should be decided by the popular vote, not the electoral college"

- the same ppl

90% of humans in a nutshell: what words can I put together in this specific instance that ends with me being pleased

fuck it, im getting drunk tonight on that note

careful with those tall boys, youre going to want to keep those lips supple and ready for action:

Name:  ERQ0LcCXsAIZr5s.png
Views: 516
Size:  65.1 KB
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric

"the general election should be decided by the popular vote, not the electoral college"

- the same ppl

90% of humans in a nutshell: what words can I put together in this specific instance that ends with me being pleased
    "We should play by the rules as far as the electoral college goes"

"The convention should be decided by popular vote, not the established rules"

- the same ppl

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    lol @ bloom's rebuttal video

this is good for people that didn't see the debate. it will be able to fool them....hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by mulva View Post

this is good for people that didn't see the debate. it will be able to fool them....hahaha

Umm... no shit. Don't think he was trying to pass it off as if there was a 40 second moment of silence where the camera-man perfectly choreographed it to Bloomberg's liking. It's essentially a meme video.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    small request to pfa that no one quote mumbles or it defeats putting him on ignore

thanks in advance
    Blakester,

I know we are different political species, but I have faith that eventually we’ll probably eventually become besties.

I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SPIT this View Post

- the same ppl

"We should play by the rules as far as the electoral college goes"

"The convention should be decided by popular vote, not the established rules"

- the same ppl

Not really a fair comparison.

The electoral college is an established procedure for electing Presidents where winning states is the goal, rather than winning the overall popular vote. I liken it to how the goal in baseball is to finish with the most runs, not the most hits. If you finish with the most hits but not the most runs, you can't whine that you "got cheated" or "should have won". The strategy is totally different depending upon the goal. Had the goal been popular vote, Trump would have campaigned differently.

The Democratic Primary is a semi-rigged system where certain "kings" of the party can simply get together and screw the candidate who received the plurality of delegates because... well... the DNC feels like it. Prior to 2020, the superdelegates could actually overturn the candidate who got the majority of delegates, which was REALLY insane. Only starting 2020 did the DNC finally capitulate and change the rules to stop that, but they can still fuck the candidate who wins the plurality, even if it's not super close.

There's little a Democratic candidate can do, strategy-wise, to avoid this.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Really the only thing possibly keeping the DNC honest regarding the superdelegates is the outrage they know will occur if Bernie gets the plurality and they choose someone else. That will probably hand the election to Trump, and possibly cause a split in the Democratic Party, which would be great for Republicans. I can't imagine the party surviving unscathed if something like that happened, and the DNC knows that.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Umm... no shit. Don't think he was trying to pass it off as if there was a 40 second moment of silence where the camera-man perfectly choreographed it to Bloomberg's liking. It's essentially a meme video.
    a meme video...lol.

that's what u want to call it?

to justify it by saying that is lulz
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Load Metric
    a meme video...lol.

I hate Bloomberg, but to think he was trying to pull one over on people by posting a lulzy video is pretty dumb. If you post an obv photoshop, that's not being deceptive. You're just posting an lol photoshop.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Really the only thing possibly keeping the DNC honest regarding the superdelegates is the outrage they know will occur if Bernie gets the plurality and they choose someone else. That will probably hand the election to Trump, and possibly cause a split in the Democratic Party, which would be great for Republicans. I can't imagine the party surviving unscathed if something like that happened, and the DNC knows that.
    the party surviving unscathed on its current trajectory is probably not a good thing.

also it's reasonable to conclude that bernie sanders at the top of the ticket would cause the dems to lose the house and even more senate seats, whereas a moderate wouldn't

Comments

MumblesBadly: LOL your “centrist voters rule” theology!!!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

a meme video...lol.

I hate Bloomberg, but to think he was trying to pull one over on people by posting a lulzy video is pretty dumb. If you post an obv photoshop, that's not being deceptive. You're just posting an lol photoshop.
    that's exactly wut he's doing. image is more important than truth

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    remember that time trump bombed every single fucking debate?

that was hilarious when he didnt get elected because of it.
    i have a hard time seeing how any democrat could take bernie out.

he's going to have the delegate lead going into the convention, even if it's less than the amount needed for the nomination.

in a contested convention, will the dnc give it to some other candidate like bloomberg and risk that half of bernie's voters stay home or vote for trump?

i love that idea, but i doubt the dnc will do it
    They’ll do it if they have to to save the smoldering heap the Dems will become. Bernie will cause a legit Red Tsunami and hand the GOP back control of Congress completely to the point it could cause the GOP to have a filibuster proof 60seats in the Senate if they aren’t careful. They have a legit shot currently to snag the GOP senate seat here in AZ from the gal appointed to replace McCain because she’s such an idiot. If Bernie is the nominee Mark Kelly will be destroyed.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ftpjesus View Post

he's going to have the delegate lead going into the convention, even if it's less than the amount needed for the nomination.

in a contested convention, will the dnc give it to some other candidate like bloomberg and risk that half of bernie's voters stay home or vote for trump?

They’ll do it if they have to to save the smoldering heap the Dems will become. Bernie will cause a legit Red Tsunami and hand the GOP back control of Congress completely to the point it could cause the GOP to have a filibuster proof 60seats in the Senate if they aren’t careful. They have a legit shot currently to snag the GOP senate seat here in AZ from the gal appointed to replace McCain because she’s such an idiot. If Bernie is the nominee Mark Kelly will be destroyed.
    They're all seriously flawed.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    Curious to see if Klobuchar can pull off a win in Minnesota on Super Tuesday. A poll was just released giving her a 6 point lead over Sanders. But she'll likely do poorly in NV, and get crushed in SC which should kill the Klobucharge. Minnesota is a weird state though. In 2016 it was the only state to go for Rubio (even as Rubio lost his home state of Florida by 20 points).

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ftpjesus View Post

Bernie Sanders deserves to be the nominee after the DNC conspired with Hillary Clinton to fix the election in 2016.

The Democrats will continue to control the House of Representatives and they have an opportunity to control the U.S. Senate in 2020. Only then can Bernie start to implement his agenda. The insurance and pharmaceutical industry must be fixed. Millionaires and Billionaires will be subject to double taxation no matter what. Finally instead of just pocketing money, politicians will actually accomplish something for the people.

A revolution is coming.

Feel The Bern.

Comments

MumblesBadly: TheXFactor gets it.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

fuck it, im getting drunk tonight on that note

careful with those tall boys, youre going to want to keep those lips supple and ready for action:

Name:  ERQ0LcCXsAIZr5s.png
Views: 516
Size:  65.1 KB

I'm at a record for gay guys wanting to bang me tonight, speaking things into existence is a thing fu

Load Metric

Load Metric
    Bloomberg’s daughter married the Caesars CEO’s son.

Did they have lobster Mac at the reception Druff?

Now I get the bet. Can be the only explanation.

Load Metric
    If Warren carries her own state I’m gonna look stupid
    Umass poll

Massachusetts
    Sanders 21
    Warren 20
    Buttigieg 15
    Biden 14

Thread Information