Page 207 of 223 FirstFirst ... 107157197203204205206207208209210211217 ... LastLast
Results 4,121 to 4,140 of 4441

Thread: *** OFFICIAL 2020 Democratic Presidential Nomination Race Thread ***

Rest In Peace
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    It’s time to put the discussions of who the Dems will put up to face Trump in 2020 in a simple thread. And here’s a notable article to get it started given the recent roughing up that Biden has gotten over being too touchy-feely for aome women’s taste.

If Joe Biden’s long-rumored presidential run crashes and burns, here’s who his supporters would flock to
    https://www.businessinsider.com/who-...ote-for-2019-4

Name:  
Views: 
Size:

Frankly, I’m surprised Beto isn’t higher in the ranks as 2nd choice among Biden supporters, as well as how many would throw their support for Sanders given how different Sanders policy stances are likely to be from Biden’s. But it’s notable the Beto doesn’t register as among the top 4 unfavorables to Biden supporters.

In hindsight that article& reporter/s were spot on 1-2 punch.. i offer them a well done .

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by duped_samaritan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post

And what makes you different? Are you a Temple Tuesdays 30% off kinda Jew?

Or would like to pony up to some Jewish religion beliefs hear and now
    Bernie doesn't favor Israel over Palestine, criticizes Netenyahoo, and voted against the BDS bill that would make it illegal to boycott Israel.

I'm guessing one or some of these reasons is why Druff is playing the anti-semite card.
    I’m curious what Druff considers being “culturally Jewish” that he practices that he believes Sanders does not.

Care to elaborate, Druff?

P.S. While you are collecting your thoughts on this question, Druff, check out what this Holocaust survivor says about Bernie’s Jewishness.

Name:  8B6E315F-5300-424F-9A42-C594E4341C5B.jpeg
Views: 347
Size:  56.1 KB

Name:  7414AE8D-8A66-43E3-A34A-9015395EA6AB.jpeg
Views: 355
Size:  53.9 KB

Last edited by MumblesBadly; 03-07-2020 at 09:59 AM.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    fivethirtyeight is basically calling it right now.

No contested convention. Biden will just win.

Name:  18ceae657f9ec4dcf1497dd27790ffb8.png
Views: 337
Size:  98.3 KB

Load Metric

It will be over by the end of the month, maybe even on March 17 when IL, FL, OH and AZ vote.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    After Washington this week, it looks like Bernie will be a dog in every other state.

Load Metric
    honestly one can only marvel that biden was the best we can come up with.

i think its very possible that in the near future, the establishment is going to have to do some soul searching about why it didnt back warren when she was like the overwhelming front runner.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Considering the DNC has rigged shit against you for 2 straight elections and basically said you aren’t one of us, I’d be amused to see Bernie just go full nuclear in Detroit this week and force Obama’s hand. He clearly doesn’t want involved. It would almost surely backfire, but what do you have to lose? You’re going to lose 70-27 in every state that matters anyway.

If you’re Bernie just roll into Detroit and get out on the stump and say, “Detroit, so you really want to vote for the Man? Joe Biden is running around the country taking credit for everything Barrack Obama accomplished. Acting like he was the President. Who the hell does he think he is? Just another white man trying to take credit for all the work Barrack did. I ask you this, why do you think Barrack hasn’t endorsed Joe? Doesn’t that tell you everything you need to know? He thinks he owns your votes. If you want to go vote for the Man, then you line up and go vote for the Man. He thinks you owe him your vote“

WTF do you have to lose? He’s probably dead in 2 years anyway. His state has under 2% black voters. The Dems will have to come and kiss your ass when they need your vote on some issue in the senate. You wanted to start a revolution. Take a shot. Don’t go out just talkig about Medicare for All and a $15 minimum wage while getting your ass kicked. It won’t work, but who cares if you lose by 45 or 50? Rattle some cages. Make Obama take a position. Maybe you get lucky and he doesn’t say anything. Either way, give the DNC a middle finger and shake shit up.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Considering the DNC has rigged shit against you for 2 straight elections and basically said you aren’t one of us, I’d be amused to see Bernie just go full nuclear in Detroit this week and force Obama’s hand. He clearly doesn’t want involved. It would almost surely backfire, but what do you have to lose? You’re going to lose 70-27 in every state that matters anyway.

If you’re Bernie just roll into Detroit and get out on the stump and say, “Detroit, so you really want to vote for the Man? Joe Biden is running around the country taking credit for everything Barrack Obama accomplished. Acting like he was the President. Who the hell does he think he is? Just another white man trying to take credit for all the work Barrack did. I ask you this, why do you think Barrack hasn’t endorsed Joe? Doesn’t that tell you everything you need to know? He thinks he owns your votes. If you want to go vote for the Man, then you line up and go vote for the Man. He thinks you owe him your vote“

WTF do you have to lose? He’s probably dead in 2 years anyway. His state has under 2% black voters. The Dems will have to come and kiss your ass when they need your vote on some issue in the senate. You wanted to start a revolution. Take a shot. Don’t go out just talkig about Medicare for All and a $15 minimum wage while getting your ass kicked. It won’t work, but who cares if you lose by 45 or 50? Rattle some cages. Make Obama take a position. Maybe you get lucky and he doesn’t say anything. Either way, give the DNC a middle finger and shake shit up.

Not a chance,this is bernie "ty sir may i have another" sanders

Comments

BCR: I know. I want another week of entertainment. He’ll go out polite and weak.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    honestly one can only marvel that biden was the best we can come up with.

i think its very possible that in the near future, the establishment is going to have to do some soul searching about why it didnt back warren when she was like the overwhelming front runner.
    In the Warren frontrunner days, I think they were afraid that Bernie Bros would get angry that they were trying to "rig" it against Bernie again, and figured that Bernie would just fall apart on his own. Then Warren was the one who fell apart, followed by Biden, and suddenly Bernie was the guy.

They finally hit the panic button days before Super Tuesday, and had to back the only viable non-Bernie guy at that point. I think they waited to hit that panic button because they wanted to see if Biden could still win among black people, so SC was a test he resoundingly passed. If he couldn't do that, they might have actually had to back Bloomberg instead, as strange as that sounds.

I think this might be the start of a more aggressive rejection of the extreme left of the party. We will see going forward. For the moment they've cut off the head of that snake, but it may very well regenerate in a different form.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

The problem is that Bernie has always been passive-aggressive and doesn't like direct attacks on people. He'll do it if he feels it's absolutely necessary, but he's never comfortable doing so. He's like the polar opposite of Trump that way. Trump feels uneasy if there's not an enemy of the week to publicly insult.

Load Metric
    I think this might be the start of a more aggressive rejection of the extreme left of the party. We will see going forward. For the moment they've cut off the head of that snake, but it may very well regenerate in a different form.

i wonder... the newer generations are leaning european left, not american left, in fact they are rejecting american left pretty vocally while being confronted with a world depleted of material opportunities for them and an ecosystem thats well into the next extinction event.

we will see.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric

Tulsi Gabbard has to be a bigger underdog than 1 in 100.

More like 1 in 1000.

Bernie is more like 1 in 10.

Bernie is still splitting delegates with Biden.
    It is still possible for Biden to fuck this up.

Biden will probably get the Democratic nomination as longer as he doesn't open his fucking mouth.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Bernie doesn't favor Israel over Palestine, criticizes Netenyahoo, and voted against the BDS bill that would make it illegal to boycott Israel.

I'm guessing one or some of these reasons is why Druff is playing the anti-semite card.
    I’m curious what Druff considers being “culturally Jewish” that he practices that he believes Sanders does not.

Culturally Jewish would include:

- A basic belief in God and the Jewish religion, even if not actively practicing

- Support of Israel (even if you disagree with current polices or politicians in charge)

- Rejection of BDS because it is a movement of outsiders set upon hurting Israel if they don't do what they demand

- Celebration of at least some Jewish holidays and at least occasional temple attendance

- Considering anti-Semitism to be an attack on your people, rather than just something you disagree with or think is wrong

- A desire to raise your kids Jewish, even if you intermarry

This actually defines most "reform Jews" in the US today, myself included.

Bernie is none of these things.

His entire Jewishness is based upon his mother being Jewish. That's it. Nothing about him or his life has been Jewish in the past 50+ years. His "Jewishness" only comes into play when he states it for political gain.

On the very basic level, though, you can't be Jewish -- culturally or otherwise -- if you're an atheist. Not possible.

Load Metric
    if biden says one more weird thing during the debate i think his wife will talk him out of running and let bernie do his thing.

Load Metric

His entire Jewishness is based upon his mother being Jewish. That's it. Nothing about him or his life has been Jewish in the past 50+ years. His "Jewishness" only comes into play when he states it for political gain.
    According to Bernies brother, their father and Uncle immigrated from Poland in the early 20's and assume the rest of their family was eventually killed in a camp.
    His fathers name was Elias Ben Yahuda "Eli" Sanders.

- Considering anti-Semitism to be an attack on your people, rather than just something you disagree with or think is wrong
    The threat of antisemitism is not some abstract idea to me. It is very personal. It destroyed a large part of my family. I am not someone who spends a lot of time talking about my personal background because I believe political leaders should focus their attention on a vision and agenda for others, rather than themselves. But I also appreciate that it’s important to talk about how our backgrounds have informed our ideas, our principles, and our values.

- Support of Israel (even if you disagree with current polices or politicians in charge)
    I am 100 percent pro-Israel, Israel has every right in the world to exist, and to exist in peace and security and not be subjected to terrorist attacks. But the United States needs to deal not just with Israel, but with the Palestinian people as well

- Rejection of BDS because it is a movement of outsiders set upon hurting Israel if they don't do what they demand
    While I do not support the BDS movement, we must defend every American’s constitutional right to engage in political activity. It is clear to me that this bill would violate Americans’ First Amendment rights.

Load Metric

- A basic belief in God and the Jewish religion, even if not actively practicing

- Celebration of at least some Jewish holidays and at least occasional temple attendance

On the very basic level, though, you can't be Jewish -- culturally or otherwise -- if you're an atheist. Not possible.
    This is an asinine statement given that Israel came to be a nation mostly due to the efforts of secular Jewish atheists, *and* that Israel has for decades accepted *anyone* with verifiable recent Jewish heritage as eligible to become Israeli citizens absent this condition nor any of the other conditions you mention above.

P.S. What you have essentially stated here, Druff, is that someone is only “culturally Jewish” if they are at *least* as religious as per Reform Judaism *AND* politically right-wing unconditional supporter of the government of Israel, which probably ends up disenfranchises from “Jewishness” the majority of American Jews, as well a significant minority of Jewish Israelis. Good try with the right-wing propaganda campaign, though.
    Last edited by MumblesBadly; 03-07-2020 at 11:29 PM.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humanistic_Judaism

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    Druff, I find it disturbing that your politics seem to ignore two key Jewish values, as mentioned in this video.

Name:  4A5004D6-8F79-47D5-B419-FF1D0AF1FDA0.jpeg
Views: 423
Size:  62.6 KB

Name:  31A1D26E-6731-4592-B8FE-CDFDAE799FC2.jpeg
Views: 417
Size:  58.5 KB

Name:  08EA3795-2726-443B-A654-EE4FAA76176E.jpeg
Views: 427
Size:  46.8 KB

Name:  4CCE6611-BC4A-4ACD-8003-B5E07808DFD4.jpeg
Views: 421
Size:  49.3 KB

Load Metric
    Talking religion in 2020 is asinine.

Move on please.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Druff’s the one who mentioned religion.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Mumbles, that video is such BS.

Bernie would not support two open anti-Semite politicians (Rashida Talib, Ilhan Omar) if he cared about his Judaism.

He's also not about "justice" or "repairing the world". He's just a communist, who has vocalized support for communist dictatorships.

His support of Israel is phony. He gives it lip service, but none of his actual positions on specific pro-Israel matters ever come down on the side of Israel. Again, nothing about him is Jewish other than his heritage.

If you want to ignore your Jewish upbringing and become an atheist, that's your right. If you want to befriend, support, and hobnob with open anti-Semitic politicians, that's your right. However, you don't get to claim Jewishness for political expediency after doing so.

I would be embarrassed as a Jew to call him "the first Jewish President" when he's an Israel-hating atheist.

Thread Information