Page 68 of 223 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278118168 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,360 of 4441

Thread: *** OFFICIAL 2020 Democratic Presidential Nomination Race Thread ***

Load Metric
    honestly i wish i could vote for fiona hill instead of warren.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    really hope warren takes it. imo she has little to no chance for the presidency, even if the dems are stupid enuff to allow her that chance.

just bet pete butt @ pray @ 5-1/6-1 and 10-1 to be prez
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I realize you have a hard-on for Warren, Mumbles, but Warren has a hard time with the truth.

What about how she "forgot" that she sent her son to private school, until confronted with that fact?

And then there was that whole Native American debacle.

She's been obsessed with hassling the big banks because it's politically expedient to do so. It's the perfect bogeyman to attack, as most people hate big banks, and few like them to the point of wanting to defend them. In recent years, it's even a better political move, given the Wells Fargo scandal (where she placed herself front and center) and others which have made the public even more distrusting of banks.

She seems to constantly adjust herself (even her race) to whatever will bring her the most benefit. I just don't see her as genuine. Strikes me as a limousine liberal, to be honest.

Bernie is genuine. He's just delusional and unrealistic.

As a law professor who specialized in bankruptcy law for about two decades, she was critical of how rigged the US banking system is in favor of Wall Street versus the average American long before she stepped into the political spotlight. And she bucked Team Obama and it’s “publicly nice to the big banks” policy as lead by Tim Geithner and Larry Summers, risking getting shut out of getting favorable treatment by the Dem establishment when Obama was president.

And my own academic training and teaching experience in finance helps me greatly appreciate the academic work she did and her advocacy for both meaningful banking reforms and the proposals she has advanced aimed towards ameliorating a shitload of the financial “rigging” that the average American has been exposed to since the advent of the Reagan Revolution.

So, yeah. I have a political “hard-on” for her. And it is well founded by my over 2-decades of experience, education, and academic career in the field of finance.

But unlike Sanders, who wants to tax billionaires so much that within a few decades the US won’t have *any* billionaires (his proposed wealth tax has a top rate of 8%) — and states it as projected effect of his wealth tax proposal — Warren just have them give back to help out undo some of the effects on their economic wellbeing of the economic and financial system rigging that has occurred within the past decades. In fact, I stopped contributing to Sander’s campaign shortly after he announced his wealth tax proposal after coming back from his emergency heart surgery. I believe it is a step too far, and not just politically, but the wrong political objective to have.

Comments

dwai: "over 2 decades experience" says the semi truck driving no shower taking fat ass 17 year old female queer feminist
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post
    This was okay, but could have been so much better if they weren't so scared. Some of the actors did a good job on this (most notably Kate McKinnon and Larry David), and they did well picking out memorable debate moments to reenact. However, it bothers me how gentle they were to everyone.

McKinnon's Elizabeth Warren got a lot of screen time, and she did a very good impression, but did they make fun of Warren at all? I couldn't find one real instance of any real jab at her. We were supposed to laugh mainly at McKinnon imitating her mannerisms, and that was pretty much it. So much material one could mock Warren for, and they just skipped right past it.

Same with Larry David's impression of Bernie, which while funny at times, mainly focused upon Bernie's cantankerous old Jew mannerisms. Again, they didn't make any serious jab at him. It was almost as if we were seeing what Bernie would be like if someone mixed Larry David's brain into his.

They actually did bring up Buttigieg's polling at 0% with black people, which surprised me. But when he was asked to explain, the Buttigieg character said, "Well, just look at me!", in reference to his midwestern uber-whiteness. Come on. That's not the main reason blacks don't support him, and they know it. If they're going to broach that subject in a comedy sketch, why not address the real reason, and make a joke out of it?

They also spent time on the healthcare issue, without once making a joke about Medicare For All or the candidates' inability to fully explain how they'll pay for it. Skipped right over all that for a joke about "what old people have in their pockets". Uh huh.

The only one they really mocked was Biden, because clearly they don't want him to be the nominee, since he's the "moderate" major candidate.

While SNL has always leaned left, it was previously subversive enough to where they were willing to skewer everyone, even crossing lines you wouldn't expect them to cross.

Now they're so terrified of making any Democratic candidate look bad -- even through humor -- that they won't touch any real controversy or offer real criticism, unless it's a Democrat they feel has no chance of winning the primary.

This started during the 2016 election. There was nonstop Trump parodying and bashing (which was fine), but they were super-gentle to Hillary once she became the presumptive nominee, which was shameful.

Also, "Rachel Maddow" had a big part in this, but again, they were terrified to make fun of her. Sad!

The funny thing is that I don't see the same on the right.

For example, I watch both Ben Shapiro and Steven Crowder regularly. Both frequently imitate Trump and make fun of him.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post
    This was okay, but could have been so much better if they weren't so scared.
    Entertaining Social Justice Warrior Warriors seems like a pretty -EV move though.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by diggydow View Post

They clipped this from the same statement in which she said the Bush, Clinton, Trump doctrine was bad for our country and she would change it.

If you can't understand this clip being taken out of context, I don't know what to say.
    still an interesting choice of words, no?

that being said, i get her political strategy and don't disagree with her sentiment. she's still my favorite candidate running
    It's only interesting/unique in that it's direct, unlike the word salads / obfuscations of other candidates. The DNC is a corrupt, corporatist party. It is complicit w/ the RNC in building and maintaining a two-party system that excludes anyone who doesn't toe the party lines.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by duped_samaritan View Post

This was okay, but could have been so much better if they weren't so scared.
    Entertaining Social Justice Warrior Warriors seems like a pretty -EV move though.
    I'm missing your point.

Do you disagree with my assessment that SNL is scared to really criticize or bash a lot of the Democratic candidates?

How do you feel about the fact that they brought up the very true "black people won't vote for Buttigieg" thing, but then turned it into a lame joke about his whiteness, while completely avoiding the real reason (him being gay)?

Why is SNL, a show which rose to prominence because it was ballsy and subversive, acting so scared of offending people on the left now?

Diamond
    Load Metric
    THE SNL SKIT WAS HOF. they pulled out all the stops with former castmates including THE GOAT as tom steyer + larry david and woody harrelson so yeah the rest of the attempts will probably be fail

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by thesidedish View Post
    THE SNL SKIT WAS HOF. they pulled out all the stops with former castmates including THE GOAT as tom steyer + larry david and woody harrelson so yeah the rest of the attempts will probably be fail
    It was great that they got all those actors involved, but couldn't you see that they were especially gentle with some of the candidates and issues they covered? Was so obvious to me.

Read what I wrote. Surprised this didn't jump out at you, too.

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    SNL would be stupid to bash on liberals until Beto 2024. Team MAGA canceled that program ages ago anyway.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by thesidedish View Post
    It was great that they got all those actors involved, but couldn't you see that they were especially gentle with some of the candidates and issues they covered? Was so obvious to me.

Read what I wrote. Surprised this didn't jump out at you, too.

the ppl playing pocahontas and pete are current cast member indoctrinated wannabe trans woman blowers and wouldn't dare go too far, already knew that. I don't wanna be a hater on the only funny sketch I can remember in years

Load Metric

I'm missing your point.

Do you disagree with my assessment that SNL is scared to really criticize or bash a lot of the Democratic candidates?

How do you feel about the fact that they brought up the very true "black people won't vote for Buttigieg" thing, but then turned it into a lame joke about his whiteness, while completely avoiding the real reason (him being gay)?

Why is SNL, a show which rose to prominence because it was ballsy and subversive, acting so scared of offending people on the left now?
    Point was that you are a SJWW which is no better than a SJW.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

I'm missing your point.

What does this even mean?

That's like saying a person who routinely bashes scammers is no better than scammers themselves.

I call out SJW crap because it's stupid and deserves to be called out. And I'm so disgusted at how 2019 "comedy" has gotten so political that they're terrified to make fun of certain figures on their own side.

Load Metric

That's like saying a person who routinely bashes scammers is no better than scammers themselves.

I call out SJW crap because it's stupid and deserves to be called out. And I'm so disgusted at how 2019 "comedy" has gotten so political that they're terrified to make fun of certain figures on their own side.
    SJW aren't scammers. They are people that are constantly looking for reasons to attack the "other side" and aren't aware of their obvious bias - any time a minority is attacked they jump to the conclusion that it must be because of racism/bigotry.

You are constantly looking for reasons to attack "the other side" and you're not aware of your obvious bias - any time White, Straight Males are attacked, you jump to the conclusion that it must be because of SJWs. That makes you a SJWW.

Sometimes you're right.

Sometimes the SJWs are right.

But you're both blinded by your bias and an equal cancer to the industry.

Comments

sonatine: amazing.

thesidedish: sorry, can't edit post 4 hrs later and have "amazing" green attached, poor limitles form

gimmick:

MumblesBadly: Solid
    Last edited by duped_samaritan; 11-25-2019 at 07:43 PM.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by diggydow View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post

still an interesting choice of words, no?

that being said, i get her political strategy and don't disagree with her sentiment. she's still my favorite candidate running
    It's only interesting/unique in that it's direct, unlike the word salads / obfuscations of other candidates. The DNC is a corrupt, corporatist party. It is complicit w/ the RNC in building and maintaining a two-party system that excludes anyone who doesn't toe the party lines.
    Diggy,

I have stalked your IG for a little bit now, have watched almost all of your vids and I am frightened as well as intrigued. I especially liked the vid where you wrote a phone number on your stomach to have people watch "the birth of your litter". Not really into wearing female clothing but I am concerned since it looks like you have aged a bit in the last year. Have you experienced alot of stress recently?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

SJW aren't scammers. They are people that are constantly looking for reasons to attack the "other side" and aren't aware of their obvious bias - any time a minority is attacked they jump to the conclusion that it must be because of racism/bigotry.

You are constantly looking for reasons to attack "the other side" and you're not aware of your obvious bias - any time White, Straight Males are attacked, you jump to the conclusion that it must be because of SJWs. That makes you a SJWW.

Sometimes you're right.

regardless of how you view trump, the democrats are a fucking a bunch of imbeciles.

listen to what tulsi said in the last debate, she pretty much nailed it. right now the dems are like a little bear that lost it's way.

they've done nothing but focus their energies and fabricate anything they deem "important" to discredit trump instead of doing their jobs.

you can't alienate working people and aspiring middle class by offering all of these empty "free" promises.

more people are catching on. they see how awful cnn is and see the agenda the left wing media and propaganda machine they're pushing.
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Load Metric
    Here comes a rich Jew to save us from Donald Trump.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    This has been trending on social media for the past few days:

Pete Buttigieg Is a Lying MF

I don't agree with a lot of it, but it's written by a militant black rights guy, and a lot of black people are sharing it on social media as something they love.

Can't be very good for someone already polling 0% with black people.

The black community really is Mayor Pete's kryptonite. Not only does he already have a huge hurdle to clear with them because he's gay, but his folksy white guy attempts to appeal to them have only backfired. I don't see this changing.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Sometimes you're right.

What are you talking about? I never blindly defend white straight males. I will only defend them if I feel they're actually right. Can you show even one example where I wrongly claimed that a white, straight male was being attacked for simply being a white, straight male? The times I've blamed SJWs are when it's obvious they're heavily involved.

Yes, I criticize Democrats a lot, but don't you criticize Republicans all the time? What does that make you? Everything you're saying about me could also apply to you and any other partisan on the forum.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    This has been trending on social media for the past few days:

Pete Buttigieg Is a Lying MF

I don't agree with a lot of it, but it's written by a militant black rights guy, and a lot of black people are sharing it on social media as something they love.

Can't be very good for someone already polling 0% with black people.

The black community really is Mayor Pete's kryptonite. Not only does he already have a huge hurdle to clear with them because he's gay, but his folksy white guy attempts to appeal to them have only backfired. I don't see this changing.
    his only hurdle skinny pete has is beating creepy joe. and creepy joe can prolly beat himself, or trump and his son, or both can ruin him as well.

this leaves buttgag as the default nominee..no other candidate has a buzz around them like he does.

right now he's the only one with any upward traction

Thread Information