Page 21 of 223 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171121 ... LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL 2020 Democratic Presidential Nomination Race Thread ***

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Question to PFA Dems:

Who do you support at this point?

Choose from: Harris, Warren, Sanders, and Biden

The rest aren't gong anywhere. (Soon Harris might be on that list.)

Even if you're voting for someone else in the primary, which of those likely candidates do you support?

Comments

1marley1: Bernie

Jayjami: Biden

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Question to PFA Dems:

Even if you're voting for someone else in the primary, which of those likely candidates do you support?
    I really like Pete. If I were able to hand pick the next President, it would be an easy decision. Pete.

I think he's by far the most intelligent and humble - his chances are pretty slim when it comes to 2020, but, I think his political future will be bright.

Since we have to play the political election game:
    Biden seems like the best bet to beat Trump, and Trump winning another 4 years would be a disaster, so I guess I have to go with him.

PS: I'd take a sane Republican like Kasich over Bernie or Warren easily.
    Last edited by duped_samaritan; 08-25-2019 at 01:02 PM.

Load Metric
    How can anyone vote for Biden?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTickle View Post
    How can anyone vote for Biden?
    Trump.

Comments

tony bagadonuts: This

Load Metric
    Question to PFA Dems:

Sanders and Warren. Because of their policy proposals aimed toward helping ordinary folks.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Poll: Bernie, Warren surge to tie Biden atop Democratic field
    https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...n-poll-1475440

The Monmouth University poll, released Monday, shows Sanders and Warren deadlocked among Democratic voters at 20 percent, with Biden a point behind, at 19 percent. No other candidate cracks double digits: Kamala Harris is in fourth place, at 8 percent.

Compared with the Monmouth poll in June, Sanders has ticked up 6 points, and Warren 5 points. Biden dropped 13 points, from 32 percent in June.

The poll shows Biden’s slippage coming across the Democratic electorate, rather than from a specific demographic or ideological group. He is down 14 points among white and nonwhite voters. He’s down 14 points among men, and 13 points among women. He’s down 15 points among voters younger than 50 years old, and 9 percent among voters 50 and older.

Biden also slipped 18 points among Democratic voters who described themselves as moderate or conservative, and 9 points among self-identified liberals.

“The main takeaway from this poll is that the Democratic race has become volatile,” said Patrick Murray, director of the Monmouth University Polling Institute. “Liberal voters are starting to cast about for a candidate they can identify with. Moderate voters, who have been paying less attention, seem to be expressing doubts about Biden. But they are swinging more toward one of the left-leaning contenders with high name recognition rather than toward a lesser known candidate who might be more in line with them politically.”

The Monmouth poll is the first major national poll all year to show a candidate other than Biden in the lead. It differs from some surveys conducted over similar time periods. A CNN/SSRS national poll, conducted Aug. 15-18, showed Biden at 29 percent, significantly ahead of Sanders (15 percent) and Warren (14 percent).
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

The Monmouth University poll, released Monday, shows Sanders and Warren deadlocked among Democratic voters at 20 percent, with Biden a point behind, at 19 percent. No other candidate cracks double digits: Kamala Harris is in fourth place, at 8 percent.

Compared with the Monmouth poll in June, Sanders has ticked up 6 points, and Warren 5 points. Biden dropped 13 points, from 32 percent in June.

The poll shows Biden’s slippage coming across the Democratic electorate, rather than from a specific demographic or ideological group. He is down 14 points among white and nonwhite voters. He’s down 14 points among men, and 13 points among women. He’s down 15 points among voters younger than 50 years old, and 9 percent among voters 50 and older.

Biden also slipped 18 points among Democratic voters who described themselves as moderate or conservative, and 9 points among self-identified liberals.

“The main takeaway from this poll is that the Democratic race has become volatile,” said Patrick Murray, director of the Monmouth University Polling Institute. “Liberal voters are starting to cast about for a candidate they can identify with. Moderate voters, who have been paying less attention, seem to be expressing doubts about Biden. But they are swinging more toward one of the left-leaning contenders with high name recognition rather than toward a lesser known candidate who might be more in line with them politically.”

The Monmouth poll is the first major national poll all year to show a candidate other than Biden in the lead. It differs from some surveys conducted over similar time periods. A CNN/SSRS national poll, conducted Aug. 15-18, showed Biden at 29 percent, significantly ahead of Sanders (15 percent) and Warren (14 percent).
    If the race were today, HillDog or Michelle maybe Gore would be the nominee.

There’s a lot of time still, but the Super Tuesday changes are about to create chaos on the system with so many candidates left.

I am curious how people would feel if the process led to somebody not running getting the nomination at convention?

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Hillary is the best bet out there by far I think, we might be approaching the last time to possibly get rich. the field is looking weak and Hillary is actually a pretty good sleazebag politician, she could definitely have a shot if she gets in

Load Metric

This goes against what Druff stated as fact. Therefore it is meaningless poll.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Can’t argue with that logic.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by abrown83 View Post
    If the race were today, HillDog or Michelle maybe Gore would be the nominee.
    Hillary Clinton is permanently finished as a political candidate for public office.

Michelle Obama is not interested in running for any political office. She and her husband are now wealthy multi-millionaires, who want to party with other multi-millionaires and just don't give a fuck.

Al Gore wants you to believe in climate change by helping his investments skyrocket making him even more cash.

Three way tie between Biden, Sanders and Warren?

I can believe it. This voter poll does prove that American Indian Elizabeth Warren actually has a chance now.

Load Metric
    Name:  68725732_2468679096522067_3723543522427535360_n.jpg
Views: 749
Size:  119.2 KB

Comments

tony bagadonuts: In Birmingham they love the governor

Load Metric
    Question to PFA Dems:

Sanders and Warren. Because of their policy proposals aimed toward helping ordinary folks.
    You think you're ordinary?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SPIT this View Post

You think you're ordinary?

I’m not in the 0.1% that the GOP has been suckling up to for decades. I’m not even in the 1% that the corporate Dems have been dancing with since Triangulating Bill Clinton.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by thesidedish View Post
    Hillary is the best bet out there by far I think, we might be approaching the last time to possibly get rich. the field is looking weak and Hillary is actually a pretty good sleazebag politician, she could definitely have a shot if she gets in
    Why are you even talking about Hillary? All of you right wing fox news coo coo birds are always talking about Hillary.

You goofs are all so fucking brainwashed from right wing media ramming it down your throats for so many years that you still talk about her NON STOP

HILLARY CLINTON IS NOT RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post
    Why are you even talking about Hillary? All of you right wing fox news coo coo birds are always talking about Hillary.

You goofs are all so fucking brainwashed from right wing media ramming it down your throats for so many years that you still talk about her NON STOP

HILLARY CLINTON IS NOT RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT
    There has been a recent push over the past couple weeks in the right wing media to talk about Hillary running in 2020. It's funny how quick the drones are to eat it up.

Load Metric
    that's really funny

Diamond
    Load Metric

Load Metric
    Don't be such a lemming. Fundraising for the DNC is not the same as fundraising for your own presidential campaign. She also raised funds for the 2018 midterms.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by duped_samaritan View Post
    Don't be such a lemming. Fundraising for the DNC is not the same as fundraising for your own presidential campaign. She also raised funds for the 2018 midterms.

moron I said Hillary Clinton was the best bet, which u can find at most places more than 30/1. if she's at 10% to run, its a smart bet if she can win 1/3 of the time then. but yet here u are calling me a retard like im saying its a sure thing. this is probably the closest u can get to getting me, duped_by_smollet, saying I was wrong on a 3% bet

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by duped_samaritan View Post

moron I said Hillary Clinton was the best bet, which u can find at most places more than 30/1. if she's at 10% to run, its a smart bet if she can win 1/3 of the time then. but yet here u are calling me a retard like im saying its a sure thing. this is probably the closest u can get to getting me, duped_by_smollet, saying I was wrong on a 3% bet
    You think bc she's raising funds for the DNC means she's 'keeping her options open'.

Don't be such a drone.

Thread Information