Page 59 of 223 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109159 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 4441

Thread: *** OFFICIAL 2020 Democratic Presidential Nomination Race Thread ***

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by thesidedish View Post
    U win that tourney in deadwood yesterday u faggot. Shame the snow kept me out of there to roll your ass
    no idea who this is, but anyone who actually knows me in person knows i dont ever play tournaments. although with one hour blind levels and 10 out of 41 getting paid, it wouldve been tempting. Grey Raymer was in it. and when he busted out, he joined me in the cash game here at cadillac jacks while waiting for his seat in the bigger limit cash game.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sevencard2003 View Post
    just wearing the tulsi tshirt and wristband which says Tulsi2020 on it, starts conversations in the poker room. especially in detroit with the large Muslim population playing who is as opposed to mideast wars as i am, and as i thought Trump was (as opposed to Hillary) until he supported Saudi arabia with our troops. ive helped people find videos on utube on their cell phones to look at later which hopefully turns into support. i really dont need to go anywhere, but attending one of her events in person would be nice.
    Lmao, naive are we?

Load Metric
    What's our theory on why Tulsi seems to attract really low quality posters?

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sevencard2003 View Post
    U win that tourney in deadwood yesterday u faggot. Shame the snow kept me out of there to roll your ass
    no idea who this is, but anyone who actually knows me in person knows i dont ever play tournaments. although with one hour blind levels and 10 out of 41 getting paid, it wouldve been tempting. Grey Raymer was in it. and when he busted out, he joined me in the cash game here at cadillac jacks while waiting for his seat in the bigger limit cash game.
    I ever see u in deadwood, we are emptying our pockets kapiche?!

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SPIT this View Post
    Thats alot of shit talk for someone I assume is Muck Ficon??

Load Metric
    Ok Boomer

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric

Ok Boomer
    What's wrong with Tulsi?

Diamond
    Load Metric

Ok Boomer
    Lol muck ficon would

Diamond
    Load Metric

Comments

Brittney Griner's Clit: Preach

diggydow:

Load Metric
    WOW. He's surging in New Hampshire too (which is where Warren's supposed to shine)

Still, he's gonna have problems pulling up his numbers in non-ultra white states. But winning IA and having a strong showing in NH would create a ton of media buzz
    Last edited by SPIT this; 11-12-2019 at 11:00 AM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I'm surprised Bernie isn't doing better in NH, given how he killed it there in 2016 (mostly due to New Hampshire's proximity and similarity to Vermont).

If Biden can somehow take Iowa AND New Hampshire, he's looking excellent to be the nominee. But I don't think he will take both of those, and in fact will likely lose both. I still think he's the nominee though, because he's the only major candidate with strong black support.

Buttigieg will run into a brick wall in any state where there's a lot of black people, because they just won't vote for a gay cracker. Ain't gonna happen. They've said so in focus groups.

Also, Mayor Pete has dodged any serious attacks/criticism/scrutiny thus far. He wasn't seen as a threat, and no candidate wanted to be seen as the asshole attacking the young gay candidate who was a cinderella story to even be there. However, if he starts to look like he has even a chance to win, you'll start seeing him picked apart.

Load Metric
    Also, I misunderstood the December debate qualifications. You need 4% in 4 early state (or national polls) OR 6% in just 2 early state polls. With that NH poll, Gabbard is highly likely to make it. And klobuchar has already qualified (!). Yang is probably in. Not sure where Steyer stands right now, but he'll probably get in too. The November debate will be:
    Biden
    Warren
    Sanders
    Buttigieg
    Harris
    Yang
    Steyer
    Klobuchar
    Booker
    Gabbard

So the December debate will likely be the same except for Booker, who I don't think will make it, and maaaybe Steyer. Steyer honestly deserves more mockery. He's just throwing away huge sums of his own money here. I think billionaires just get delusional with how they're viewed. Like who does Bloomberg think his base is? People who like Biden but think he's too young?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I'm surprised Bernie isn't doing better in NH, given how he killed it there in 2016 (mostly due to New Hampshire's proximity and similarity to Vermont).

If Biden can somehow take Iowa AND New Hampshire, he's looking excellent to be the nominee. But I don't think he will take both of those, and in fact will likely lose both. I still think he's the nominee though, because he's the only major candidate with strong black support.

Buttigieg will run into a brick wall in any state where there's a lot of black people, because they just won't vote for a gay cracker. Ain't gonna happen. They've said so in focus groups.

Also, Mayor Pete has dodged any serious attacks/criticism/scrutiny thus far. He wasn't seen as a threat, and no candidate wanted to be seen as the asshole attacking the young gay candidate who was a cinderella story to even be there. However, if he starts to look like he has even a chance to win, you'll start seeing him picked apart.
    Pete's upside is that he can pull away both white liberals and white moderates. Whereas Warren can pretty much only get white liberals and Biden can only get white moderates (plus blacks). Of course this is why so many people were bullish on Harris early on. She was supposed to be able to appeal to all 3 of those, but instead her campaign has been a disaster

Load Metric
    Steyer’s ads run endlessly here. Despite that I have absolutely no idea what he stands for.

I’ve only gleaned he’s promising clean air and water. Edgy stuff.

The guy has failed to communicate. I don’t care if he was a successful businessman.

There are restuarateurs who make a mean lobster roll but they aren’t getting my vote. Fuck off guy.

He does deserve more mockery and Spit is just the guy for the job.

Load Metric
    Do you live in NV? He's been absolutely flooding IA/NH/SC/NV with ads. He's literally just buying his way to the debate stage. He has no actual support, but 2%-3% of people in early states will click his name in a poll based purely on name recognition without really knowing who he is. Amazingly, he has spent more on TV ads than every other candidate combined!

But it also shows the limits of money/TV ads in politics. Turns out flooding the airwaves is only worth a 2-3% bump in the polls.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I don't want to derail this thread to talk about Trump, but he was a genius regarding getting publicity for his campaign in 2015/2016.

Rather than the old school of bombing the public with ads, which only has limited effectiveness in this age of social media, he simply let the media do all of the work for him. He said outrageous things, and the media kept giving him endless free publicity. In the meantime, Jeb Bush tried to spend $100 million in traditional ways, and you saw how that turned out for him.

Now, yes, some of the media gave him this publicity believing that he'd be the easiest Republican for Hillary to beat. But you saw how that turned out.

Load Metric
    Now, yes, some of the media gave him this publicity believing that he'd be the easiest Republican for Hillary to beat. But you saw how that turned out.
    The media gave him free publicity because it was good for ratings. It's always about money. It wasn't some grand conspiracy. It's also possible that Trump WAS the easiest Republican to go up against. Maybe little Marco would've won in a blowout

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Pete's upside is that he can pull away both white liberals and white moderates. Whereas Warren can pretty much only get white liberals and Biden can only get white moderates (plus blacks). Of course this is why so many people were bullish on Harris early on. She was supposed to be able to appeal to all 3 of those, but instead her campaign has been a disaster
    Kamala Harris and Marco Rubio both proved that, in modern times, debates are more about avoiding fucking up than making inroads.

Both campaigns were sunk by a careful, well-executed single attack by a non-factor candidate who was looking to become someone's VP.

Rubio never recovered from the Christie "Marco bot" attack, and Harris never recovered from the "you're imprisoning tons of black men" attack.

Harris screwed up big time not having an answer prepared for the inevitable attack on her prosecutorial record. It's very hard to run as a Democrat as a former prosecutor, because there's so much opportunity to be race-baited or hassled over a questionable conviction at some point. Gabbard caught her flat-flooted, and it's pretty much game over. Nobody cares about her anymore.

I'd be really surprised at this point of anyone besides Biden or Warren wins the nomination.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The media gave him free publicity because it was good for ratings. It's always about money. It wasn't some grand conspiracy. It's also possible that Trump WAS the easiest Republican to go up against. Maybe little Marco would've won in a blowout
    Trump was actually the right candidate in 2016. He picked up several states which had gone blue, which I doubt any of the other candidates would have been able to manage. He was the only one who had that blue collar swing voter appeal.

Not saying that Hillary would have beaten every single other Republican candidate, but by electoral votes, it would have been closer.

Load Metric
    Buttigieg has to hope for a harsh winter. I don't think many frail Biden voters will be able to survive a brutal winter, especially in IA/NH

Thread Information