Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Michael Avenatti arrested for alleged $20 million extortion attempt against Nike

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    *space reserved for thesidedish saying this is why Trump is the second greatest human alive and everyone he says is a piece of shit ends up being a piece of shit*

GREAT JOB DEMS, U SURE LOOOOOOOOOOOVED HER VIRAL VIDEO ON THE SHUTDOWN

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The bigger story -- one which is being overshadowed by the Nike thing -- is the arrest in Los Angeles involving the falsification of documents and theft of client funds.

There's a strong paper trail that Avenatti basically stole $1.5 million of client settlement money, and then spent months denying to the client that his office had received the payment.

And he falsified documents to get away with a lot of this.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/as-...in-los-angeles

He's going to have a hard time worming out of this one.

Also, apparently he cited false incomes to obtain large loans, which again is going to be hard to deny.

I can't believe some idiots on the left actually liked this guy. It's been clear for a long time that he was beyond shady.

Trump keeps on winning... because his opponents keep beating themselves.

Comments

rum dick: This

Puts His Dick in the Mashed Potatoes
    Load Metric
    Dude is totally fucked. Even if he miraculously avoids prison time he's absolutely gonna lose his law license because of his client trust account shenanigans. What a fucking idiot.

Load Metric
    avenatti indicted again

Avenatti Accused of Hiding $4M Settlement from ‘Mentally Ill Paraplegic’ Client, Faces Up to 335 Years in Prison

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile...deral-charges/

also the feds seized his private jet

Silver
    Load Metric
    This guy is the absolute master of the shell game when it comes to bank accounts and business entities. Unfortunately, the Feds with unlimited resources, discovery mechanisms and man power can and will figure most of it out.

He should definitely write a book about it while he's in Fed prison for the next 50 years +

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    avenatti indicted again

Avenatti Accused of Hiding $4M Settlement from ‘Mentally Ill Paraplegic’ Client, Faces Up to 335 Years in Prison

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile...deral-charges/

also the feds seized his private jet

Amazingly fitting. What a turn around from where this scumbag was a year ago. He makes my skin crawl. Glad he will get his just dessert.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    BUMP

He also stole from Hassan Whiteside's ex-girlfriend.

https://www.latimes.com/politics/la-...421-story.html

Looks like the dude really was just a career scammer.

LOL @ anyone on the left who once worshiped this guy.

Load Metric
    The grand jury alleges that Avenatti embezzled about $4 million from another client, Michelle Phan, a makeup artist with 8.8 million YouTube followers.
    A YouTube makeup artist is splashing $4m?

Somehow this upsets me more

Comments

BCR: That popped out at me also. I’m hoping she’s a wealthy housewife who created a YouTube channel out of boredom

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BUMP

I don't believe he was a career scammer, however I believe he resorted to fraud when his law firm + other investments were crumbling.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    BUMP

I don't believe he was a career scammer, however I believe he resorted to fraud when his law firm + other investments were crumbling.
    It seemed to be more than that. I agree that it seemed to have vastly increased in recent years, but he stole way too much and too often for it to be a "scamming to get by" situation.

It's rare that someone goes from honest attorney to a serial multimillion dollar scammer abruptly. Clearly this guy was always shady.

Load Metric
    Does this mean that Michael Avenatti is not running for President?

Or that he is now qualified to be President?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post

It seemed to be more than that. I agree that it seemed to have vastly increased in recent years, but he stole way too much and too often for it to be a "scamming to get by" situation.

It's rare that someone goes from honest attorney to a serial multimillion dollar scammer abruptly. Clearly this guy was always shady.
    The guy is also arrogant and stupid. You never mess with you client’s money. It goes into a trust account. When you are investigated by the state bar on a client complaint (yes it’s happened to me), the first thing they do is request all your client trust account bank statements, regardless of the nature of the allegation. Any discrepancies will result in, at minimum, a suspension, if not disbarment.

Load Metric
    This guy is the worst of the worst and makes all lawyers look bad. The good news is that the feds now got him and he will go to the penitentiary for what will amount to the rest of his worthwhile life. Realizing this, I expect he will jump and flee at some point once he realizes he won't be able to plea-bargain down enough. I will enjoy watching his demise.

Comments

Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe: "makes all lawyers look bad" spot on everyone liked lawyers before this POS came along

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post

The guy is also arrogant and stupid. You never mess with you client’s money. It goes into a trust account. When you are investigated by the state bar on a client complaint (yes it’s happened to me), the first thing they do is request all your client trust account bank statements, regardless of the nature of the allegation. Any discrepancies will result in, at minimum, a suspension, if not disbarment.
    Does California have a special fund to compensate the victims of their lawyer’s misuse of their money? I know Maryland has one, but the fund is not unlimited, and apparently is funded by annual fees lawyers pay to maintain their ability to practice law there.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post
    Does California have a special fund to compensate the victims of their lawyer’s misuse of their money? I know Maryland has one, but the fund is not unlimited, and apparently is funded by annual fees lawyers pay to maintain their ability to practice law there.
    Yes. http://www.calbar.ca.gov/Public/Comp...-Security-Fund

But the biggest joke is that the state bar confiscates the interest on lawyer trust fund accounts (that’s client money) and uses it for “social justice” programs.

http://www.calbar.ca.gov/Attorneys/C...counting-IOLTA

Comments

MumblesBadly: Doh!!!

Dan Druff: lol california

Silver
    Load Metric
    There will probably be some restitution required as well to supplement the cents on the dollar from the fund while he's carving soap in prison, hopefully for many years to come.

Load Metric
    Michael Avenatti is charged with defrauding Stormy Daniels by using 'doctored document to divert $300,000 she was supposed to get from a book deal'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...g-charges.html

Once convicted, this guy's life is for all practical purposes over with. And i'm enjoying the ride.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post
    Michael Avenatti is charged with defrauding Stormy Daniels by using 'doctored document to divert $300,000 she was supposed to get from a book deal'

Once convicted, this guy's life is for all practical purposes over with. And i'm enjoying the ride.
    I feel like there's a decent chance he tries to make a run for it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by duped_samaritan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post

I feel like there's a decent chance he tries to make a run for it.

+ev wager there imo. he's surely got $ stashed already. it won't last, but why not if you are effectively already facing life?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    You've gotta have a huge set of brass balls to knowingly become such a public figure while scamming all of your clients at the same time.

How did he think that this would end?

Thread Information