Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My credit card number was stolen... can you figure this out?

Load Metric
    Am I the only one who see's this and goes, those items match these people perfectly?

Darin works at Crysler and ordered a Craftmans tool kit!
    Michelle is in her 40's ordered a vacuum!

I bet there is a connection between these people and the thief, either in on it OR agreed to buy these things from the same seller as you mentioned.

What's next, Daniel Negreanu has a dildo delivered to his house and we think its for his wife?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    ^ - This is likely the case that some worker is getting your number and selling it elsewhere.

I've had my number stolen a two times from 5Dimes we all have heard the stories over there on that. I knew it was someone with access over there to card numbers because I didn't use anywhere else for probably 6 months and it got declined in the process then a month later someone was trying to charge on it several states over getting declined.

I thought it lead back to them at the time and when I got a replacement card I didn't use it except for gas one time and decided to try it a few months later at 5Dimes only for the same decline and stolen result but this time it was maybe 2 or 3 months later when a person tried to pay for hotel rooms all throughout the world which I'm guessing they did this to try to transfer the room to someone else for a discounted rate and collect the money.

Two other culprits I tracked back to are companies you would think to be legit and probably intend to be but they have call center workers that if you give your credit card number over the phone they can intercept it for illegal usage.

The two companies I've had this problem with are SiriusXM and Magicjack when I went to cancel or addon service saying I'm going to cancel if I don't get the same promo I just had (this was with SiriusXM).

Anytime I would call the toll free number it would be some Broken English speaking person likely working from a call center out of India. These people have access to the info you give them over the phone and some likely are grabbing a bunch of numbers to sell elsewhere or might try to use it themselves.

So my advice to everyone even for reputable companies offering products/services is if you call them get an American always before you provide any credit information. This isn't to say that American couldn't do the same thing but it would be rare as they aren't thinking about doing this and could be prosecuted while I'd assume it's tough to do that for some call center guy out of India that likely will only lose there job over it.

In your case with mail carrier codes that is definitely possible. It's also possible a worker from Amazon Prime could be doing stuff like this too for people using that service.
    Interesting.

SiriusXM was one of the companies I used to charge on that card.

Maybe next time I pay, I will use a different card I don't utilize as often, and I'll see if it also gets fraudulent charges.

Not that it will help me. Sirius of course will deny it.

Thread Information