Thread: Post office employee hard at work

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Post office employee hard at work

Here's a video of a package delivery in Palos Verdes Estates, CA.

Notice that the post office employee saves a lot of time and effort by their actions.

Comments

JSTAT: I used to run after hearing a dog...No complaints!

Load Metric
    What A cunt

Load Metric
    the lesson from this:

homeowner cheap shit, you've got enough dough to tip the postman at holiday time

do that or get a shorter driveway/put a large mailbox at the curb

and the packaging is strong enough to withstand the drop
    Last edited by GrenadaRoger; 03-20-2019 at 09:48 PM.
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GrenadaRoger View Post
    the lesson from this:

homeowner cheap shit, you've got enough dough to tip the postman at holiday time

Do you know how much those folks make man??? My sister in law has 20+ in with the USPS.. They have it pretty damn good.. Solid Union pay which is superior to what UPS and Fedex folks make delivering and such, Better benefits and quasi federal employee status.. brand new just graduated HS can make $40k a year usually more with locale pay (California they start over $50k a year just FYI) plus they have a pension system which is better then any 401k avg folks can pay into.. And again you dont even have to have a college degree for most of the positions.. The exception is a 4yr degree for a postmaster for a local post office (exception being rural carrier locations as often those slots tend to be some local resident in podunk who was the rural carrier and basically had seniority when the previous person retired) or upwards and well criminal justice requirement for Postal Inspectors jobs.. Pay rates jumped almost 16% over a 6 yr period far exceeding inflation as well.

Load Metric
    re: postal workers

yeah, and a lot of post office employee restrooms have no stalls around the toilets so postal inspectors can watch/film for employees stealing mail--maybe you enjoy the idea of being watched while you shit, I sure don't
    Last edited by GrenadaRoger; 03-21-2019 at 08:28 AM.
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Load Metric
    the lesson from this:

One of my favorite PFA topics. Watching people struggling to cope with the world never gets old.

My experience is a postal worker has the same route nearly forever. He sorts his route in the post office. Big pile of mail and he puts each of his customers in a little slot and hits the street.

The USPS worker over time remembers every name. Your kids and wife’s name. He deals with all the address errors and relies on his experience to sort it out.

The worker knows who is naughty or nice. Who bothers to say hello or do the least thing to make his life easier. Shovel the fucking snow away from the mailbox. Whatever.

The thing that escapes people is that he (and all service workers) is a human being. He gets bored, angry, has loyalty and grudges. Why are people such cheap selfish dicks? Then are surprised shit doesn’t work out for them in the business world.

Tip the fucking guy. Give him a bottle of water. Treat him as you would like to be treated.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    the lesson from this:

One of my favorite PFA topics. Watching people struggling to cope with the world never gets old.

My experience is a postal worker has the same route nearly forever. He sorts his route in the post office. Big pile of mail and he puts each of his customers in a little slot and hits the street.

The USPS worker over time remembers every name. Your kids and wife’s name. He deals with all the address errors and relies on his experience to sort it out.

The worker knows who is naughty or nice. Who bothers to say hello or do the least thing to make his life easier. Shovel the fucking snow away from the mailbox. Whatever.

The thing that escapes people is that he (and all service workers) is a human being. He gets bored, angry, has loyalty and grudges. Why are people such cheap selfish dicks? Then are surprised shit doesn’t work out for them in the business world.

Tip the fucking guy. Give him a bottle of water. Treat him as you would like to be treated.
    Those are your conclusions after watching that video ? Lol jesus christ PFA has the dumbest posters

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sah_24 View Post

Those are your conclusions after watching that video ? Lol jesus christ PFA has the dumbest posters
    I didn’t open his video. Ain’t gonna lie.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I saw the video. I was expecting worse to be honest.

The lady has probably been doing this job a long time and one would assume isn’t getting complaints about broken items, meaning she probably has a pretty good feel for whether the item was in danger of being damaged or not.

Given this, I am ok that she took a path of action to minimize exertion and stress on her body. People who have a big problem with this have probably never had to do menial, repetitive physical labor.

Comments

sah_24: have built bridges ... this cunt should be fired

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post

The lady has probably been doing this job a long time and one would assume isn’t getting complaints about broken items, meaning she probably has a pretty good feel for whether the item was in danger of being damaged or not.

Given this, I am ok that she took a path of action to minimize exertion and stress on her body. People who have a big problem with this have probably never had to do menial, repetitive physical labor.
    Explanation doesn't make sense.

Clearly she didn't even want to take a few extra steps to the door. She actually threw the package.

If she was simply having back issues, at the very least, she could have walked up to the door, and gently lowered it as far as she could before dropping it.

This video seemed to demonstrate an attitude of, "This driveway is long and I'm tired of walking. I could walk a few more steps and put it down gently, but fuck it. I'm tossing the thing at the door, and it'll be fine."

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    the lesson from this:

Most people don't have contact with their postal worker. The mail arrives while they're at work.

I know you're big on the "tip everyone you deal with regularly" thing, but that doesn't apply here.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post

Explanation doesn't make sense.

Clearly she didn't even want to take a few extra steps to the door. She actually threw the package.

If she was simply having back issues, at the very least, she could have walked up to the door, and gently lowered it as far as she could before dropping it.

This video seemed to demonstrate an attitude of, "This driveway is long and I'm tired of walking. I could walk a few more steps and put it down gently, but fuck it. I'm tossing the thing at the door, and it'll be fine."
    Well, it’s probably a pretty safe bet you have never done repetitive, menial manual labor. You do a quick cost-benefit analysis (this is subconscious) and take reasonable shortcuts where you can.

In this case obviously her analysis was faulty because she didn’t realize her actions would be recorded and posted on YouTube.

Load Metric
    re: postal workers

yeah, and a lot of post office employee restrooms have no stalls around the toilets so postal inspectors can watch/film for employees stealing mail--maybe you enjoy the idea of being watched while you shit, I sure don't

I would assume this is highly illegal?...

Comments

cleatus: hey el retardo, u assume wrong. it's just normal working in fedland. if u had a job besides day laboring from home depot parking lot u might understand "IM LEAVING TOO"
    "Druff would suck his own dick if it were long enough"- Brandon "drexel" Gerson

"ann coulter literally has more common sense than pfa."-Sonatine

"Real grinders supports poker fraud"- Ray Davis

"DRILLED HER GOOD"- HONGKONGER

Load Metric

Notice that the post office employee saves a lot of time and effort by their actions.

Name:  BE85BCBD-E2ED-4685-9206-1FA8370EB393.gif
Views: 283
Size:  477.7 KB
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Rest In Peace
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

Name:  BE85BCBD-E2ED-4685-9206-1FA8370EB393.gif
Views: 283
Size:  477.7 KB

Wow. I would def. ask her one day, nicely, after showing her video..what is the situation and will it happen again?

Load Metric
    That same USPS worker did something similar the previous day with two bigger packages.

I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric

Load Metric
    Here's the guy who's package got thrown testing out his new sword.

Thread Information