Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is it time for the United Nations Blue Helmets to enter Chicago?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    It’s time to legalized and regulate recreational drugs. Most of the gun violence in Chicago is driven by turf battles between gangs selling them.
    You think if that stops, these gangs will just revert to law-abiding behavior and all get legitimate jobs?

That's not the solution at all. It will simply trade one illegal industry for another.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    verminaard already made the main point here.

Chicago has been under Democratic rule for 80+ years. The government there is so corrupt that lifelong Chicagoans actually think government corruption is completely normal and acceptable, because that's all they've seen. Rod Blagojevich, an incredibly corrupt politician who ended up in prison (lol trying to sell a US Senate seat) still doesn't understand what he did wrong.

The black people there are treated like animals. As long as they don't encroach onto whitey's space and cause problems, it's mostly hands off.

Nobody in power there is interested in making the necessary sweeping changes, and the government there is too corrupt for any kind of change to take place. You either fall in line with the corrupt system, or it eats you alive.

Violent crime was at an all-time high in the US in 1990. I lived it. I was 18 at the time, and living in Los Angeles. I lived in a nice, mostly crime-free area, but adjacent cities had severe gang problems like the ones shown in this video.

Most cities cleaned things up tremendously, which was the reason for 23 straight years of declining violent crime, after 1990.

Chicago is still living in 1990.

Things won't change until local/state officials finally get their act together, or until the federal government finally steps in and takes over the situation.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Fraud View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post
    The whole country is fucked up.
    It's irreversible IMO
    And they will blame the rest of the world instead of
    righting their sinking ship

Ya, they're fucked alright.

As confirmed in that video even their own police are too scared to get involved. They're leaving the force en masse and point blank refusing to perform simple stop & search procedures on the streets.

What was that about Home of the Brave again?

This is why Chicago needs UN peacekeepers from Africa, and maybe even from Muslim countries too?
    ROFLMAO.. Chicago is just more living proof that the citizenry is brainwashed.. They see a D for Democrat and blindly vote D.. Hell they could probably nominate a donkey (fitting I think) and theyd vote for them... Same with Washington DC (which was the murder capital for many years in the 80s) LA, NYC etc.. Theyve drank the koolaid so long they believe every pile of shit told to them.. Still love how somehow the Dems tried to blame Trump for the disgusting water situation in Flint MI when the city leadership was 100% Democrat and they are the ones who made the decisions.. Public just believes these political hacks like the Polticians are Jesus himself.. And yeah theres just as bad folks on the right at times also... When political power becomes the career choice for these assholes nothing will change and they get entrenched.. Sad state of affairs people vote for the folks who think will give them the most free shit (be it free food, phones, medical etc or Free money as in massive TAX BREAKS.. The irony being everybody dumping on Trump over the tax cuts for the rich.. Lets not forget the rich pay most of the taxes to begin with the middle class family pays very little if anything and the folks on the lower end get back way more with EITC then they ever pay in so its just more free shit..BTW how is it the darlings of the limosuine liberal world arent speaking up.. Ya know the ones who worship at the alter of Bezos and Suckerberg.. Those clowns whove done nothing but shit on Trump got huge savings and you dont hear them complaining do ya??? Nope didnt think so..

Until we rid DC of the lobbyists who mostly exist to get free shit (aka tax breaks reductions etc for their industries or specific companies) by eliminating the incentive as in guess what no more damn tax breaks.. Everybody pays something (we reduce the corporate tax rate back to whats normal even among European countries. I mean the sick thing is Amazon aint paying shit in taxes this year in fact IRS is cutting them a nice big fat hummer of a check for 12 MILLION it appears).. either a flat tax or the Fairtax is how we solve this shit once and for all.. (personally im for the Fairtax it stops punishing people for working hard and saving their money and would destroy and eliminate the whole working under the table crap even folks who make money illegally would be paying taxes under its structure).. Ok off the soapbox its 3am I need some damn sleep finally
    Last edited by ftpjesus; 03-21-2019 at 02:11 AM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    It’s time to legalized and regulate recreational drugs. Most of the gun violence in Chicago is driven by turf battles between gangs selling them.
    You think if that stops, these gangs will just revert to law-abiding behavior and all get legitimate jobs?

That's not the solution at all. It will simply trade one illegal industry for another.
    There’s no other illegal business in urban areas pays anywhere near as well for typical drug-slinging gang bangers. Take that market away from them, and the ridiculously easy money it offers, and you will economically disincentivize a lot of the younger new entrants into the lifestyle. Follow that up with police focusing on other gang-related crimes the hardcore bangers are likely to turn to (robbery, extortion, and car theft) and you’ll go along way towards reducing the level of gang violence.

In fact, the near exclusive focus that police in drug prohibition states have towards enforcing drugs because of the federal government incentives to do so dramatically reduces the amount of time that cops will take focusing on property and personal crimes, which means that criminals in those locales now have a greater chance to get away with such crimes as they are undetered by the lack of meaningful policing of those crimes.

Last edited by MumblesBadly; 03-21-2019 at 07:53 AM.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric

There’s no other illegal business in urban areas pays anywhere near as well for typical drug-slinging gang bangers. Take that market away from them, and the ridiculously easy money it offers, and you will economically disincentivize a lot of the younger new entrants into the lifestyle. Follow that up with police focusing on other gang-related crimes the hardcore bangers are likely to turn to (robbery, extortion, and car theft) and you’ll go along way towards reducing the level of gang violence.

In fact, the near exclusive focus that police in drug prohibition states have towards enforcing drugs because of the federal government incentives to do so dramatically reduces the amount of time that cops will take focusing on property and personal crimes, which means that criminals in those locales now have a greater chance to get away with such crimes as they are undetered by the lack of meaningful policing of those crimes.

see a chapter in the book "Freakonomics" for an economic/sociological analysis of the urban drug trade--the idea of vast profits for mere street drug dealers is a myth, the reality is dozens of "foot soldiers" getting a minimal amount of money with almost all the profits funneled upward to drug loads in charge of neighborhoods; amongst the foot soldiers a job as an ordinary janitor at an elementary school is considered much better than dealing drugs on the street
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GrenadaRoger View Post

see a chapter in the book "Freakonomics" for an economic/sociological analysis of the urban drug trade--the idea of vast profits for mere street drug dealers is a myth, the reality is dozens of "foot soldiers" getting a minimal amount of money with almost all the profits funneled upward to drug loads in charge of neighborhoods; amongst the foot soldiers a job as an ordinary janitor at an elementary school is considered much better than dealing drugs on the street
    But (1) minors can’t get jobs as an janitors, assuming they were readily available to anyone who wants one, and (2) the grunts in a business like illegal drug marketing often fooled into thinking they will rise up to be the top dog getting all of the chicks and money, which is a lot sexier prospect to a teenager than eventually becoming chief custodian as a nearby high school.

Comments

GrenadaRoger: true, but the lure wears off in a few years and the janitor job looks better and better
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Murders are down from the spike a couple of years ago.
    It's fallen back to the rate it was at for the previous 20 years. So it's all good and the city has moved on from this issue.

Load Metric
    GrenadaRoger: true, but the lure wears off in a few years and the janitor job looks better and better

But (3) there’s always a fresh crop of potential new recruits to sucker into the drug biz as soldiers, and the profits for leading the gang are too tempting for 2nd level members to not take over when the leader quits and/or leaves involuntarily. Watch a few seasons of the documentary series American Gangster to see what I mean.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    It's hilarious listening to Mumbles try and educate others about how gangs and drugs function as well as what will be this magic pill to fix it.

I mean really...its freakin hilarious....and sad.

Pretty much as hilarious as Brits, with their majic wand, telling us what we should do and eeeeverything will be all better.

Seriously Mumbles, just shut it down.

Comments

Tellafriend: Truer words...

Load Metric
    Drug dealers from street level to middle-aged middle management are in it for the sex. Lot of sex. I would guess at the bottom of the food chain, it’s min wage because they are almost always trading drugs for sex.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Drug dealers from street level to middle-aged middle management are in it for the sex. Lot of sex. I would guess at the bottom of the food chain, it’s min wage because they are almost always trading drugs for sex.
    This statement further discredits the notion that a job as a janitor is an attractive alternative for the teenager-to-25 year old gangbangers that commit most of the gun violence as soldiers in urban gang turf battles and revenge shootings.

P.S. Did you watch any of the episodes of American Gangster? They may still be available on YouTube.

Load Metric
    honestly i hope everyone here who is like ohhhhhhh the poor blacks gets beaten and carjacked when they wander into the wrong hood

those of your cuck members who even have cars though tbone that is the caveat

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Fraud View Post

In a city with a population of only a couple million, there's a shooting every 3 hours and a murder every 14 hours.

We don't even see stats like that in the whole of Europe, which has a population of almost 750 million.

So is it time for America to swallow its pride and request some outside help? Because clearly, it's a problem which is way beyond your own capabilities.

And I know this problem is mainly restricted within the black communities, so how about using peacekeepers from mostly African countries?

I honestly don't believe it to be such a ridiculous suggestion.
    The whole country is fucked up.
    It's irreversible IMO
    And they will blame the rest of the world instead of
    righting their sinking ship
    And yet here we are and everyone is trying to come here.

Amazing isn’t it?

Comments

Tellafriend: Free shit rep

Load Metric
    lol democrats without white people that piece of shit town would be detroit adjacent

Load Metric
    also their pizza does not play

Puts His Dick in the Mashed Potatoes
    Load Metric

Or they'll get gentrified.

Load Metric
    Perhaps try what Ecuador did regarding gangs.

Ecuador legalized gangs. Murder rates plummeted.
    A stunningly successful experiment has the potential to upend the mainstream US approach to deviance.
    https://www.vox.com/future-perfect/2...legalize-gangs

Load Metric
    the health of this site can be measured pretty accurately by todd deleting my chief keef videos without having the slightest idea why they were posted or are relevant, much less that they are literal testimonials to the issues OP raised to the point where vice made a documentary about them as such.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    the health of this site can be measured pretty accurately by todd deleting my chief keef videos without having the slightest idea why they were posted or are relevant, much less that they are literal testimonials to the issues OP raised to the point where vice made a documentary about them as such.
    That asking a lot.

No way Druff even knows who Chief Keef is.

I know who he is and some of his backstory (I vaguely recall he is from Chicago and got into legal trouble when he was a teenager) and still didn’t really draw any significance from your posting those videos.

Thread Information