Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who Knew Aunt Becky Had This In Her? (Felicity Huffman/Lori Loughlin college admissions scandal)

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by mulva View Post

lol....go to 1:30

"i want the experience of game day, partying. i don't really care about school"
    :splash

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    I don’t think I ever watched an episode of full house. LL always is the chick from Secret Admirer to me. She played that common 80 teen flick role of best friend while some dude chases another girl and somehow is oblivious to his hotter friend who is smitten by him. I feel that premise was in a dozen movies but I’d need druff’s nostalgic memory for the other movies, and it’s possible he’s like a year or two young for that string of 80s films.

My first thoughts were, we really had the FBI on this shit? Like aren’t there terrorists and dangerous people left? Felt wasteful, but then I thought that you can probably finance this whole investigation x 10 with the fines that will be levied and actually paid by these defendants. Then I thought how these cases, I would guess, are defense lawyer dream cases. All these people willing to drop $500k to get their brats into college will pay whatever you want to bill them and the prosecution will be after the ringleader and maybe a few others and the rest will get huge fines, huge legal bills, and the ringleader will go away and lawyers will get paid and look smart for getting their clients a slap on the wrist while pocketing a million in billable hours.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Comments

Tellafriend:

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I think defense attorneys have a great angle with this one, as far as the parents are concerned.

They can use the "College admissions have always been a joke" defense, basically pointing out that it's common knowledge that people get into college all the time via nepotism, athletic ability (without academic qualification), donations to the school, etc.

Parents can use the defense of, "We thought that was the system in place, and we thought we were basically doing the same thing as the guy who donates $1 million to the school to partially fund a new building, and then his daughter gets in,"

I think enough reasonable doubt can be created, and it can be cast that the parents were simply manipulating within an already broken system, and weren't even aware they were committing crimes.

I'd almost buy that explanation myself.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I think defense attorneys have a great angle with this one, as far as the parents are concerned.

They can use the "College admissions have always been a joke" defense, basically pointing out that it's common knowledge that people get into college all the time via nepotism, athletic ability (without academic qualification), donations to the school, etc.

Parents can use the defense of, "We thought that was the system in place, and we thought we were basically doing the same thing as the guy who donates $1 million to the school to partially fund a new building, and then his daughter gets in,"

I think enough reasonable doubt can be created, and it can be cast that the parents were simply manipulating within an already broken system, and weren't even aware they were committing crimes.

I wouldn't accept it

there is a tax fraud angle--the payments to Singer were usually treated as a charitable contribution deduction by the parents...and one even went so far as to charge the payments to his business as a consulting fee...these folks were buying a service (an illegal one) rather than making a true gift--the definition of a charitable gift is in the Treasury Regulations and instructions to tax returns, IRS publications and in tax court decisions.

also, every college in the USA except Hilldale accepts federal government grants, and thus all except Hillsdale comply with admission standards/protocols the federal government lays down...here the parents were attempting to get around those admission standards

claiming learning disabilities to get extended time to take placement exams, having the placement exams taken where the proctor would change answers, building a false resume of high school achievement, claiming to be an athlete all show knowing intent to cheat the system of placement...

those charged better hope I'm not called to serve on their jury

Comments

MumblesBadly: :this

BCR: The hammer
    Last edited by GrenadaRoger; 03-14-2019 at 12:36 AM.
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Diamond
    Load Metric
    "oh darn im more famous than ever before and don't have to go to school anymore"

chick definitely has the talent to stay in the public eye

https://www.instagram.com/oliviajade/

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GrenadaRoger View Post

I wouldn't accept it

there is a tax fraud angle--the payments to Singer were usually treated as a charitable contribution deduction by the parents...and one even went so far as to charge the payments to his business as a consulting fee...these folks were buying a service (an illegal one) rather than making a true gift--the definition of a charitable gift is in the Treasury Regulations and instructions to tax returns, IRS publications and in tax court decisions.

also, every college in the USA except Hilldale accepts federal government grants, and thus all except Hillsdale comply with admission standards/protocols the federal government lays down...here the parents were attempting to get around those admission standards

claiming learning disabilities to get extended time to take placement exams, having the placement exams taken where the proctor would change answers, building a false resume of high school achievement, claiming to be an athlete all show knowing intent to cheat the system of placement...

those charged better hope I'm not called to serve on their jury

I was thinking this guy is fucked when seeing he set it up as a charity. It didn’t even dawn on me that the parents might have claimed it as a tax deduction.

I still doubt the parents see anything but huge ass fines.

I’m thinking what would appeal to me if I’m a juror. These celebrity parents standing up and saying “ you see my daughter is a vapid attention whore. We were afraid she was going to end up with a sex tape with some C list rapper or back up power forward and try to be a fucking Kardashian if we didn’t intervene and get her into school and hope she matured and grew up once exposed to kids from normal backgrounds and become a substanative human being. We were desperate.”

Like I could respect that.

Comments

GambleBotsChafedPenis: I LOLed Rep

gimmick:

Load Metric

The IRS ain’t gonna buy that explanation. They are going to disallow these charitable deductions, assses additional taxes, penalties and interest. If they bitch, the IRS will threaten criminal fraud charges. I worked for the IRS for a year. Like the FBI, they are methodical.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post

The IRS ain’t gonna buy that explanation. They are going to disallow these charitable deductions, assses additional taxes, penalties and interest. If they bitch, the IRS will threaten criminal fraud charges. I worked for the IRS for a year. Like the FBI, they are methodical.
    Oh, I agree with all of this.

But I was talking about criminal charges against the parents.

I think the parents only get some kind of suspended sentence, pay a fine, and of course pay IRS penalties/interest/whatever on the bogus charitable deductions.

Yes, the public wants blood regarding this, but if there are real prison sentences handed down against the ringleader and his accomplices at the colleges (as well as the bogus test-takers), I think that will be enough for most people to feel justice was done.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    $500k....wtf...just donate it directly to the college of theater arts and get your dumbshit kid in.

Or suck a couple cocks...sheesh...

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    A close friends daughter got rejected by USC last year. She applied to maybe 6 schools and was accepted by all the rest, including higher profile schools. She was pretty sure she was goikg elsewhere anyway, but her rejection letter was super strange. It rejected her, and then listed an explanation of what a typically accepted freshman application looked like. It had like 5 bullet points saying the average accepted freshman had a 32 on ACT, she had a 35. It gave the average SAT, and hers was much higher. GPA and advanced courses were all much higher. All five bullet points she was well above and I happened to be visiting the weekend after she got the rejection letter and wasn’t really upset, but was like “wtf, why even include this benchmark average when I’m well above all of them if they’re going to reject me?” I laughed when I saw this story.
    They saw she was friends with Todd on Snapchat

Load Metric
    Name:  8EDEB611-B656-43FC-AE8A-47DC87B33E0F.jpeg
Views: 465
Size:  156.8 KB

Comments

GrenadaRoger: nice
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    A close friends daughter got rejected by USC last year. She applied to maybe 6 schools and was accepted by all the rest, including higher profile schools. She was pretty sure she was goikg elsewhere anyway, but her rejection letter was super strange. It rejected her, and then listed an explanation of what a typically accepted freshman application looked like. It had like 5 bullet points saying the average accepted freshman had a 32 on ACT, she had a 35. It gave the average SAT, and hers was much higher. GPA and advanced courses were all much higher. All five bullet points she was well above and I happened to be visiting the weekend after she got the rejection letter and wasn’t really upset, but was like “wtf, why even include this benchmark average when I’m well above all of them if they’re going to reject me?” I laughed when I saw this story.
    I literally set hundreds of dollars on fire applying to schools I wanted to get into. And so have many others, all because we were outgunned by the rich assholes. It's like poker almost....one who has the chips usually captains the table.
    http://www.miraclecovers.com

"Donk down, that’s what you say to someone after they have lost 28K straight?" - Phil Hellmuth, online

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Texter View Post
    They saw she was friends with Todd on Snapchat

Well that would be a valid reason. She essentially got a letter saying you have to be 5’0 tall and she was like I’m 5’6. It was just a strange letter. Being associated with Todd and and his unsavory site would be valid. She’s two semesters into school and already in the UK studying some liberal arts history of music shit, and probably on LOTF’s Snapchat now, so the moral of the story is lol college.

Load Metric
    and now two enterprising Stanford students are suing Stanford Univ, asking for $5 mil, claiming the value of their degrees are cheapened (damaged) by the scandal as Stanford Univ is not the exclusive place it claims to be

seems Stanford Univ has a culture/teaches exploitation of every opportunity (indeed the rich are different)

fitting, Leland Stanford and his cronies ripped off the US government while building the Central Pacific RR (geologist Whitney report) and then exploited California & its farmers for 50 years thereafter (The Octopus)...also see Colton Letters & Spite Wall for enrichment reading

I wonder if Yale, Stanford, Univ Texas, Wake Forest 2020 course catalogs will include Bribery 101, Intermediate Corruption and Senior Seminar is Influence Peddling? (government & business leader birthplaces)

Comments

MumblesBadly: Are you forgeting Wharton/UPenn?
    Last edited by GrenadaRoger; 03-15-2019 at 04:11 AM.
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by thesidedish View Post
    "oh darn im more famous than ever before and don't have to go to school anymore"

chick definitely has the talent to stay in the public eye

https://www.instagram.com/oliviajade/

So I went to check out this page again (basically the reason for my post, so I knew where to find it) and I see she has gone from 1.3m followers yesterday to now 1.4m

Platinum
    Load Metric
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/lo...cid=spartanntp

FUCK YEAH!!! better be signing over those full house and fuller house residual checks for the next billion-plus years...

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post

FUCK YEAH!!! better be signing over those full house and fuller house residual checks for the next billion-plus years...
    Good headline grabber, but this will go nowhere.

As I mentioned on radio last night, this scheme, while obnoxious, only resulted in denial of a tiny, tiny percentage of otherwise qualified college applicants.

Platinum
    Load Metric

As I mentioned on radio last night, this scheme, while obnoxious, only resulted in denial of a tiny, tiny percentage of otherwise qualified college applicants.
    yeah was trolling...at least if you're gonna file a lawsuit like this, make the amount plausible...

Load Metric

Probably a lot more than that so this shenanigan to help their dumbass/undisciplined kid get better college entrance exam scores.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...system-1195212

Seeing as you only mentioned suffering from anxiety following getting LPR recently, I’m guessing that your parents didn’t resort to abusing a disability claim to help get into UCSB.

Name:  CFC5BDED-6E77-4B48-A221-B0ED7A765F89.gif
Views: 304
Size:  980.7 KB
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Thread Information