Thread: It’s past time for folks to wake up to the insane anti-Semitism of the conservative Christians who unquestioningly support the government of Israel

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

Druff is wholly ignorant, or willfully so, of how much of the GOP are evangelicals who believe in the end times prophecies (about 2/3rds of them, or about 30% of the active voting public). And he also is not understanding the implication of American policy being unquestionably supportive of Israel’s right-wing government given the influence those evangelicals have on US policy.

Namely, as Israel’s rightwing government enables more of the West Bank to be “settled”, pushing more Palestinians of their land until the possibility of a viable Palestinian state there becomes moot, the greater the risk that Israel’s enemies will be willing to sacrifice whichever Palestinians are left there in a devastating attack on Israel. It may not happen within the next 10-20 years, but if the right-wingers are successful in pushing most of the Palestinians out of the West Bank in an effort to recreate a “Greater Israel” — which is their long-term goal — the greater the risk than some terrorists, or aligned nuclear power, will attack Israel with a nuclear weapon. And evangelical Christians may well see that as a pre-cursor to the Biblical end times and not object to thoroughly polarizing situation of a Palestinian-less West Bank.
    it would floor me if this number was accurate. i'm surprised there's that many religious people in the US period, much less evangelicals. where did you get this from?
    This Pew survey shows that about 25% of Americans are evangelicals.
    http://www.pewforum.org/religious-landscape-study/

But the rise of the political activism of evangelicals starting with the Moral Majority in the 80s, and coming to dominate the GOP by the time of the nomination of Geroge W. Bush in 2000 means that they are a much larger percentage of active voters than this “percentage of population” figure. It could be as high as 35%, but I chose to be conservative and only stated 30%. And because GOPers are about 40% of active voters, a 30% figure for evangelicals means that they are about 3/4ths of active GOP voters, but again I was conservarove and stated that they are only about 2/3rds of them.
    Last edited by MumblesBadly; 03-08-2019 at 05:13 PM.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Thread Information