Thread: What Would Druff Do . McDonalds edition

Bronze
    Load Metric

What Would Druff Do . McDonalds edition

I use the McDonalds App which is very helpful in avoiding the drive thru traffic or god
    forbid having to go inside . At some point about a month or so ago something
    went haywire. I would place the order , pull up and enter parking spot number ,
    and wait ... but they never come out . So inside I go to complain . Show my
    order number and they have no clue and don't show it on board saying I have to pay
    again . I show them my phone , yep , money taken out of my bank . Tells me
    they have been having trouble with their wifi . After about 5 minutes or so it shows
    up on board they hand me the food and I'm off.

Best part : money is refunded to my bank before I am out of parking lot .
    I feel I deserve it for having to get out and go in . Its only 5 bucks.

NOTE : this only has happened at this specific store .

Next time same thing. Only I try to explain to the manager its not accepting my payment
    and ask her to place the order through my phone herself . She insists its my credit card
    not the store and doesn't know how to work the App. My order number pops up , get my
    food and leave . REFUNDED . Now free food is great , but I really don't want to get
    out of the car when its 1 degree or wait in a line to save 5 bucks . Next time I asked to
    speak to store owner whom she called in front of me but said he " didn't want to speak
    with me " . wtf . Ok then.

I am currently on free meal # 6 . I feel like I've done my part on trying to help them fix the problem

Am I a bad guy ?

Comments

GrenadaRoger: very appropriate choice for last two words of the post...BadGuy would keep taking the food free

devidee: I use the McDonalds app LULZ

Salty_Aus: They should pay you to eat that shit

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Why not "eat fresh" and have them deliver it?

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post
    Why not "eat fresh" and have them deliver it?
    For some reason I refuse to have fast food delivered . Maybe its the stories like the guy
    dipping his testicles in the salsa ( and filming it ) for customer being frequent bad tipper .

I am actually an over tipper .

Eat fresh ? I do . I still like my crap food once or six times a week .

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballhawknet View Post
    I use the McDonalds App which is very helpful in avoiding the drive thru traffic or god
    forbid having to go inside . At some point about a month or so ago something
    went haywire. I would place the order , pull up and enter parking spot number ,
    and wait ... but they never come out . So inside I go to complain . Show my
    order number and they have no clue and don't show it on board saying I have to pay
    again . I show them my phone , yep , money taken out of my bank . Tells me
    they have been having trouble with their wifi . After about 5 minutes or so it shows
    up on board they hand me the food and I'm off.

Best part : money is refunded to my bank before I am out of parking lot .
    I feel I deserve it for having to get out and go in . Its only 5 bucks.

NOTE : this only has happened at this specific store .

Next time same thing. Only I try to explain to the manager its not accepting my payment
    and ask her to place the order through my phone herself . She insists its my credit card
    not the store and doesn't know how to work the App. My order number pops up , get my
    food and leave . REFUNDED . Now free food is great , but I really don't want to get
    out of the car when its 1 degree or wait in a line to save 5 bucks . Next time I asked to
    speak to store owner whom she called in front of me but said he " didn't want to speak
    with me " . wtf . Ok then.

I am currently on free meal # 6 . I feel like I've done my part on trying to help them fix the problem

Am I a bad guy ?

If you're trying to fix the problem and they refuse to help, and you benefit from it, that's their problem. No need to feel guilty.

But if you really want to avoid this, try a different credit card.

I had something similar happen with Chevron stations and one particular card. The bank flagged it because I used it twice for gas in one day (lol), and ever since then, it wouldn't work at Chevron. It would go through an endless loop where the bank would text me to authorize it, I would text back that the purchase was okay, and it would never go through.

The gas station blamed it on my credit card company.

The credit card company blamed it on the gas station.

After a long period of runaround, I asked them just to report the card lost and issue me a new credit card number. Problem solved. The idiots at the bank wanted to do a 3-week investigation on the matter. I solved it with my simpler idea.

Anyway, try a different card. Also make a completely new account on the app.

If that still fails, give up on this place, or enjoy the free food plus hassle.

Load Metric
    Can’t really get behind Ronald as I generally don’t do fast food. But I haven’t had a carb in 4 weeks and there isn’t a better “snack” then a double quarter pounder and a Diet Coke (don’t eat the roll).

It’s turned into a guilty pleasure honestly.

Comments

MumblesBadly: I prefer Burger King’s new Big King XL (and also don’t eat the bun).

Thread Information