Thread: Windows 10 update

Load Metric

Windows 10 update

I downloaded an MS update on my machine and it totally wiped the hard drive. I had to call support and get a new copy of windows 10. I reinstall windows 10 and everything seems all good until I try to install on my partition. I have a 1tb drive partitioned 150g (C)for windows install 750g(D) for programs. Now it’s saying I don’t have permission to install or edit files on my D: drive. My user name is the administrator on the PC and I don’t see any other users. It’s a fresh wipe so I don’t have any malware. I’m not sure what to do any advice?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Drawingdead View Post
    I downloaded an MS update on my machine and it totally wiped the hard drive. I had to call support and get a new copy of windows 10. I reinstall windows 10 and everything seems all good until I try to install on my partition. I have a 1tb drive partitioned 150g (C)for windows install 750g(D) for programs. Now it’s saying I don’t have permission to install or edit files on my D: drive. My user name is the administrator on the PC and I don’t see any other users. It’s a fresh wipe so I don’t have any malware. I’m not sure what to do any advice?
    Weird.

You might want to call support again. They may have dealt with this before.

Check that the D: drive is really your 750GB programs partition. Windows may have made D: into a small recovery drive, and your programs partition may be on E: now.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Might want to be careful with the latest update that came out within the past few days.

Is very buggy and was not compatible with my printer drivers, leaving me unable to print docs or emails. 2 others in the office had the same problem with their HP printers, and the HP site seems to be aware that it’s an issue. I ended up using the system restore to get the update off my computer and all is fine now. Only about 5 hours of tilt this afternoon.

Load Metric
    Bill Gates needs to donate a motherfucking lotta toilets to atone for his sins.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeD View Post
    Might want to be careful with the latest update that came out within the past few days.

Is very buggy and was not compatible with my printer drivers, leaving me unable to print docs or emails. 2 others in the office had the same problem with their HP printers, and the HP site seems to be aware that it’s an issue. I ended up using the system restore to get the update off my computer and all is fine now. Only about 5 hours of tilt this afternoon.
    The Windows update destroying printer drivers is arguably one of the most tilting computer experiences a human being can go through.

Thread Information