Thread: Superuser on Bovada/Ignition at limit holdem?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Superuser on Bovada/Ignition at limit holdem?

I hate to make rigtard accusations like this, but I feel it would be irresponsible not to say anything given what happened 10+ years ago on AP/UB.

In the limit holdem games 15/30 and 30/60, there is a guy who sits and waits alone for many hours at a time. He will play heads up and ring.

Every time he absolutely crushes it. He wins thousands each session. In the past 6 weeks, I've never once see him run bad. Occasionally he will lose a few hands in a row and get $1k down or so, but then comes back to crush.

He hits hands over and over and over again, even heads up. He rarely takes bad beats, and rarely seems to miss, other than check/fold type situations on the flop where he isn't losing much.

It's also rare that he takes coolers where you have something huge and he also has something big, and a lot of action goes in. When you flop big against him, nobody's home.

This doesn't even seem exactly like the AP/UB superuser situation, because it's not just a matter of him being too knowledgeable regarding what you have. It more seems like the guy just hits hands way too well, especially heads up, but also in ring.

I will say that he's also very good at knowing when he's ahead or behind, though, rarely putting in raises or bets unless he has a chance at getting you to fold or your hand is too weak to re-raise.

For example, if I check-raise middle pair on the flop, he's raising the turn if he's holding top pair on the flop, even with a bad kicker. However, if I am holding a set or two pair in the same situation, somehow he knows to just call down.

I haven't done any analysis on this yet. It's actually difficult because of the anonymous tables, though I know him by his playstyle and several other factors. It's very specifically one guy.

Keep in mind that this isn't a whine post because I'm losing. I'm actually not losing. I'm still winning on the site despite this dude. Against everyone but him, I'm doing very well.

I've been watching him not just in hands with me, but also in ring hands against others, and he just crushes every time.

Maybe it's an insane heater where he's just hitting the world, but I'm starting to get concerned.

FYI he tends to sit with funny buyin amounts, made to trick you into believing he's a fish sitting with his entire roll. So he will be sitting at 30/60 with something like $489 or at 15/30 with $238.50.

Anyone else have experience with this person? I'm definitely going to avoid games where he's present from now on, unless there's a megafish present or it's a 5-6 handed game with more than one soft spot.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Thinking about it further, the guy seems to play more like he knows what's coming, rather than what you have.

If you know what's coming, but not your opponent's holdings, you can adapt your playstyle to make the most and give the appearance to always be hitting.

For example, let's say you have J8 on the button heads up and the board comes Q94. If you can see that the turn/river is going to come 3-8, then the smartest thing to do is to check behind twice (if your opponent lets you), and to call his bet on the turn if he fires after your check. Why? Because you are ultimately going to make third pair, but aren't likely to get much calldown from worse hands if you fire, so your best option is to just get to the end cheaply and either induce bluffs or get river value out of ace high.

However, if you can see you're going to miss completely, then you can choose to either barrel bluff or just fold to any bet. And if you're going to hit something big, then obviously just fire.

I will say that there were some times where I had something like top pair plus big draw, and I would three-bet the turn in position, and he wouldn't 4-bet with better than that, even though doing so would be correct if he could see my cards (and not even hard to justify upon scrutiny).

So honestly his play is more consistent with someone who can somehow see what's coming on the board, and has tailored his play optimally to that.

If there is something shady going on, it's probably something like that.

Or maybe the guy is both really good and really lucky, and I've been unfortunate enough to run into that.

This post is more putting out a feeler to see if anyone else has noticed what I have, rather than a direct accusation.

I have not reported it to Bovada, and won't bother doing so unless others are noticing the same.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Thinking about it further, the guy seems to play more like he knows what's coming, rather than what you have.

If you know what's coming, but not your opponent's holdings, you can adapt your playstyle to make the most and give the appearance to always be hitting.

For example, let's say you have J8 on the button heads up and the board comes Q94. If you can see that the turn/river is going to come 3-8, then the smartest thing to do is to check behind twice (if your opponent lets you), and to call his bet on the turn if he fires after your check. Why? Because you are ultimately going to make third pair, but aren't likely to get much calldown from worse hands if you fire, so your best option is to just get to the end cheaply and either induce bluffs or get river value out of ace high.

However, if you can see you're going to miss completely, then you can choose to either barrel bluff or just fold to any bet. And if you're going to hit something big, then obviously just fire.

I will say that there were some times where I had something like top pair plus big draw, and I would three-bet the turn in position, and he wouldn't 4-bet with better than that, even though doing so would be correct if he could see my cards (and not even hard to justify upon scrutiny).

So honestly his play is more consistent with someone who can somehow see what's coming on the board, and has tailored his play optimally to that.

If there is something shady going on, it's probably something like that.

Or maybe the guy is both really good and really lucky, and I've been unfortunate enough to run into that.

This post is more putting out a feeler to see if anyone else has noticed what I have, rather than a direct accusation.

I have not reported it to Bovada, and won't bother doing so unless others are noticing the same.

Load Metric
    Someone who knows what is coming is almost the same as a superuser imo. Nothing really to stop employees from playing especially when its all anonymous , makes accusation of cheating harder to prove. I could def see the later scenario.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I've probably played against that guy at some point but I try to stay away from limit as it's not my best game. Sometimes I'll fire up a table to see if anything is running and rarely will I see two or three guys battling ever since they added the anon seating bs.

I have ran terrible on there the past 6 months in mtts and a lot of hu sngs I've played I get turned and rivered over and over at a frequency that don't see realistic. I'm still chalking up to insanely bad variance but the rate it's happening might be the worst I've ever seen.

Besides MTTs a lot of traffic is a joke over there and they added several international markets which you think would make some difference but it hasn't.

Maybe it's Yebsite that once again that you are up against.

Load Metric
    Crokedest online site I ever played on was betonline, convinced employees or site bots were on there.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FRANKRIZZO View Post
    Crokedest online site I ever played on was betonline, convinced employees or site bots were on there.
    They had plenty of bots on there for a while and cracked down on it last year sometime.

BOL is great for mtts these days having plenty of fishy/recs on there, tons of bad regs, and the overall structures are decent. Cash games seem decent but not a lot of them run and there isn't limit holdem that would be worth playing for Druff.

Bovada still has soft field MTTs but you deal with the element of the unknown which can be weird. Most of their structures are very turboish which is fun late at night but will bring you some wild variance.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Funny story from tonight.

Was sitting alone at 15/30 and some guy slapped down the min-buy of $150.

We capped pre-flop. Flop came TT8 and he check-raised, so we were getting it all in.

I had AQ, he had 99, I spiked the Q on the river to beat him.

Then he slapped $493.90 or something on the table, and I thought, "Oh shit, here we go again.. it's probably that guy."

But since legit fish also do this, I decided to play on and see.

Well, at first, this guy did a few things similar to the guy I suspect, and I was also losing a little to him. I was about to quit and curse myself for falling for his tricks again.

But then he started showing me big hands when I folded (which he obviously doesn't have to do), and the guy I'm complaining about NEVER does that.

Then he nonsensically bluffed with air in a spot where it was obvious I had a 1-card straight. He capped the turn and check-raised the river, and showed down bottom pair.

So at this point I knew it couldn't be the same guy, and indeed was just a fish.

I continued playing, and despite him running fairly well, he spewed off so many chips repeatedly attempting to bluff me that he busted anyway.

Then he left.

So here I was briefly convinced it was the same dude, and it turned out it was just a fish accidentally playing a similar style at first.

But don't let this detract from the rest of the story. I have played a TON with this guy, and for sure it's the same person, aside from this one incident tonight which I quickly discovered wasn't what I initially suspected.

Load Metric
    Last time I played on both sites (story happens on Bovada) I made it to the final table (25$ buy in) 4th in chips. The chip leader knocked out every player at the table. It was clear collusion or a super user. I mean people went in with 95 vs this dude and chip dumped to him in 15 min. I ended up taking second 540$ and I havent played a single hand on the site since then. I emailed support and got no real response. I had a buddy of mine sweating me on the final table just watching and even he said he’s never seen anything like that before. It’s unregulated poker so I just stopped playing online and play live more.

Load Metric
    Sounds like big stack playing correctly off course its based on chip stacks. Ive seen tournaments where final table players have as an example 6big blinds obv big stack will get it all in. No offense but that is not indicative of being a superuser. Nice brag on wining 540 also.

Thread Information