Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ISIS fighters returning home to Europe after defeat - what to do with them?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTickle View Post
    Not just a Europe problem.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ts-return-home
    An American woman captured by Kurdish forces after fleeing the last pocket of land controlled by Islamic State says she “deeply regrets” travelling to Syria to join the terror group and has pleaded to be allowed to return to her family in Alabama.

Once one of Isis’s most prominent online agitators who took to social media to call for the blood of Americans to be spilled, Hoda Muthana, 24, claims to have made a “big mistake” when she left the US four years ago and says she was brainwashed into doing so online.

Speaking from al-Hawl refugee camp in northern Syria, while her 18-month-old son played at her feet, Muthana said she misunderstood her faith, and that friends she had at the time believed they were following Islamic tenets when they aligned themselves to Isis.

“We were basically in the time of ignorance […] and then became jihadi, if you like to describe it that way,” she said. “I thought I was doing things correctly for the sake of God.”
    I’m incoined to give her a pass and let back into the country. Hell! I was a right-libertarian at her age!
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTickle View Post
    I’m incoined to give her a pass and let back into the country. Hell! I was a right-libertarian at her age!

What’s she going to say? Death to America! Can I please come back? If she had just went over because she fell in love with some Muslim kid and followed him over there that would be one thing, but it sounds from the write up like she was involved in recruitment or propaganda at a minimum.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

What’s she going to say? Death to America! Can I please come back? If she had just went over because she fell in love with some Muslim kid and followed him over there that would be one thing, but it sounds from the write up like she was involved in recruitment or propaganda at a minimum.
    Some people legitimately have epiphany moments that radically change their ideology. A famous case in point...

Name:  ED2C324F-B03B-4381-B82E-DD59DD4039A5.jpeg
Views: 187
Size:  61.4 KB
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Name:  download.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  5.0 KB

Perhaps there is a way for the UK to rid themselves of some of these people, god willing.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-47299907

Load Metric

Some people legitimately have epiphany moments that radically change their ideology. A famous case in point...

Sure, some. You said give her her a pass. I take that as all’s forgiven. Fuck that. If I spent a few years telling you I was going to stop at your house and kill all your family, it’s entirely possible I have an ephiany and no longer want to, but you’d be a fucking idiot to invite me to dinner.

Load Metric

Sure, some. You said give her her a pass. I take that as all’s forgiven. Fuck that. If I spent a few years telling you I was going to stop at your house and kill all your family, it’s entirely possible I have an ephiany and no longer want to, but you’d be a fucking idiot to invite me to dinner.
    The “pass” I’m referring to is allowing her back into the country. But if there is evidence that she assisted/ supported ISIS, she should be prosecuted based on that evidence.

Load Metric
    at least in the US, these people would be shipped off to guantanamo.

i wanted to confirm this via google, then thought googling "is it a crime to aid ISIS" might not be the smartest move i could make

Comments

gimmick:

MumblesBadly: Dismantle Guantanamo!

Belly Buster: mumbles offset

Gold
    Load Metric

Lol does this mean gordo won't be inviting you over for dinner with the kids any time soon?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnCommode View Post

Perhaps there is a way for the UK to rid themselves of some of these people, god willing.

Was this case which prompted me to start this thread. She fucked off to Syria to become an ISIS bride (lol) four years ago along with three other female school friends when she/they were only 15.

I think two are dead, one is missing and that cunt is stuck in a refugee camp with her one-day-old baby. She's had two previous babies who both died.

Sky News managed to find her and she was dumb enough to give an on-camera interview and seemingly answered the questions quite honestly.

Well, this sent the whole country into meltdown demanding that she never be let back in after pleading to be allowed home for the sake of the baby.

Legitimate questions were raised by lawyers insisting that revoking her citizenship would be breaking our own laws. But the government have said fuck it and revoked it anyway claiming a loophole is allowing them to pull the trigger. Though this will go through the courts and might be blocked.

Here is the interview if anybody cares. It's very interesting to say the least.

http://pnimg.net/w/articles-attachments/1/4c2/74d75c36d2.jpg

Load Metric
    Security Services have also said that less than 10% of the 400 returning British citizens who went out to Syria to fight for ISIS have been prosecuted because of lack of evidence.

It's a real nightmare because how can they prove in a court of law that those monsters were embedded and fighting alongside ISIS? It's very difficult indeed.

Only a matter of time before one of them commits a gross act of terror on home soil and the whole country will want solutions that the government can't legally provide.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Fraud View Post

Was this case which prompted me to start this thread. She fucked off to Syria to become an ISIS bride (lol) four years ago along with three other female school friends when she/they were only 15.

I think two are dead, one is missing and that cunt is stuck in a refugee camp with her one-day-old baby. She's had two previous babies who both died.

Sky News managed to find her and she was dumb enough to give an on-camera interview and seemingly answered the questions quite honestly.

Well, this sent the whole country into meltdown demanding that she never be let back in after pleading to be allowed home for the sake of the baby.

Legitimate questions were raised by lawyers insisting that revoking her citizenship would be breaking our own laws. But the government have said fuck it and revoked it anyway claiming a loophole is allowing them to pull the trigger. Though this will go through the courts and might be blocked.

She was young and stupid. But it’s clear that she has not repented for supporting a tyrannical violent regime.

Load Metric
    Security Services have also said that less than 10% of the 400 returning British citizens who went out to Syria to fight for ISIS have been prosecuted because of lack of evidence.

It's a real nightmare because how can they prove in a court of law that those monsters were embedded and fighting alongside ISIS? It's very difficult indeed.

Only a matter of time before one of them commits a gross act of terror on home soil and the whole country will want solutions that the government can't legally provide.
    Some of them end up incriminating themselves and the rest likely go to a watchlist of people that are actually watched. Some chance this reveals a sleeper cell or two down the line.

Load Metric
    Oh and Euro equivalent to quantanamo/deathsentence/lifesentence is usually asylum.

Load Metric
    After thinking a bit, there's thousands of former terrorists in Europe right now. Less fanatical than ISIS, but still terrorists. Like IRA, leftwing groups from 70s and Algeria related groups. IRA i think is the only one that's still semi active. Nothing terrorist related really, but organized crime and "policing" certain areas.

Diamond
    Load Metric

She was young and stupid. But it’s clear that she has not repented for supporting a tyrannical violent regime.

The journalist should of said "most people would tell you to go back to Syria".

Thing is though, if she is allowed in, then the husband is going to have to be as well. Nuclear family and all. Then the parents come and then cousin Raham who just collects RPGs for fun.

Nope. One way ticket, plus a little cash, to Damascus or Aleppo, whichever has better infrastructure. Take it Eas.

Load Metric
    NVM IRA being off terrorism. Apparently they are back at it. Or Irish Republicans at least. Dunno if it's a offshoot of IRA or not.

ETA (basques) apparently dismantled last year.

Load Metric

Lightbulb

In the UK, seems like the only issue standing in the way of a "sweeping revoking of citizenship" is potentially leaving a person stateless.

Obv have the queen declare them Australian.

Load Metric
    honestly the worst part about this is cucks like lotf who hate jews are too poor and are so societally immobile that they will never have kids so they could be groomed or beheaded by their new muslim overlords and this is lol england 2020 and beyond

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lol wow View Post
    honestly the worst part about this is cucks like lotf who hate jews are too poor and are so societally immobile that they will never have kids so they could be groomed or beheaded by their new muslim overlords and this is lol england 2020 and beyond

Israel > America

Jews > Americans

Muslims > lol wow

Load Metric
    Name:  clock_work_800_450_81_s.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  44.7 KB

Thread Information