Thread: have to say..i like the mets as a future play @ 30-1

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

have to say..i like the mets as a future play @ 30-1

hitting should be improved, starting pitching healthy and an improved bullpen

lotz to like @ 30-1

even 15-1 to win NL looks good..

what is the odds to win the division? 4-1?

bet across the board
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    duly noted and I will do the exact opposite

you and betting

when's it going to end?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post
    duly noted and I will do the exact opposite

you and betting

when's it going to end?
    wut exactly is the opposite? giving up booze or the drugs?
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Load Metric
    How far in the future are we talking here?

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    That's a crappy bet.

They have to get past the upstart Braves and Phillies, plus the Nationals who will still contend even if Bryce goes elsewhere.

Then they have to win the playoffs.

Then they have to beat some tough AL team in the World Series, such as the Astros, Yankees, or Red Sox.

Far worse chance of that happening than 30-1.

15-1 for the NL is a bit better, but due to the toughness of their division, plus the fact that they're not even close to top 5 in the NL, that's also a pretty lousy bet.

Honestly they probably miss the playoffs. There are 3 good NL Central teams this year (Cards, Cubs, and Brewers), so that division might suck up both wildcards. Even if only one wildcard comes out of the central, they will have to finish top 2 in the East to even have a shot at the wildcard, which probably won't happen.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Pretty much all future bets are horrible odds wise. They have insane juice, but the way the bets are structured no one really notices. That bet is probably horrible, but no more horrible than any other future bet.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    when i make bets on baseball the main thing i look at is SP. i've made some incredible scores doing this the past 20 years.....i gave out the giants on nwp/donkdown when they made their run years ago, only to be lol'd at and even 408 mike saying i don't see it.

i even said the met's will be coming to together as a WS when they made the series a couple back as well. in the kluber thread, i believe

the mets have incredible SP. and they have arguably the best in all of MLB if everything breaks right this year...that's pretty lethal coupled with a much improved bullpen....and there's absolutely no way they will be s pathetic with the bat. ..shit,..the giants had a AAA hitting team when i liked them
    and they won

if you have 2/3 aces in the playoffs you're a tough out..and to go 5 deep with potentially 1/2 starters you're gonna win short series and a lot of regular season games

for one reason or another including injuries the results haven't been there the past couple of years.....this is the year. this is a legit WS team imo

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    degrom
    syndergaard
    wheeler
    matz

that's all you need to know. it shouldn't surprise anyone that the top 3 could all contend for the NL cy as well.

degrom had a career year, but even if he regresses he'll still be 1 of the best in the NL. and syndergaard in all respects has a down year,...why wouldn't you expect him to pitch like he's capable of? his best stuff is ace like.

it's not out of the question for wheeler to improve on his outstanding numbers. a career year and possible cy could be coming, quite possibly better than every met SP.

matz finally pitched a full season. his career and progress has stalled because of injuries. if he progresses he'll be the best #4 start in all of baseball. and if he stops giving up the HR ball he could be better than most teams #2 starter

as for their #5 starter in vargas...well..i don't know what to expect but he should not be as bad as last year, and it was only 2 yrs ago he pitched to a 4.16 era with 136k's and 18 wins in the AL. if he bounces back he, himself, could be the best #5 starter in all of MLB

you're going to be really hard pressed to find many teams top 4 SP better than the mets. and for some reason matz gives you less than avg or avg, their top 3 can carry this team far. ths team is closer to 100 wins than 75 imo

trying to find the mets @ +400 to win the division. does anybody have this anywhere? i will load up on it once i find it

i saw them as low as +275 and 7/2
    Last edited by mulva; 02-14-2019 at 02:26 PM.

Thread Information