Thread: The AAF (Alliance of American Football) a new pro football league kicks off today!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Load Metric

The AAF (Alliance of American Football) a new pro football league kicks off today!

This league is actually being very hyped, and is being supported by extremely capable people on all fronts. It has big name coach's such as Mike Singletary, Steve Spurrier, Mike Martz, Rick Neuheusel, Darryl 'Moose' Johnston, and Dennis Erickson to name a few. Also Mike Vick is the offensive Coordinator of the Atlanta team which I find interesting. Charlie Ebersol and Bill Polian are two of the co-founders so the league it is not short on expertise and powerful and influential people from both the NFL and television. Games are going to be aired on CBS, TNT, and NFL network and will be on Saturdays and Sundays starting tonight. Its a 10 week season and the league has 8 teams.

Some notable players are Trent Richardson, Aaron Murray, Denard Robinson, Matt Asiata, Zac Stacy, Will Hill, Bishop Sankey, Christian Hackenburg, Zack Mettenburger, Garrett Gilbert just to name a few. So there is talent and some young talent which is sort of the catalyst of the league. Its a place to give players a chance to revive their career and possibly make it back to the NFL, or if nothing more offer opportunity for others to play professional football for a few years more. Ive seen it refereed to as a Last Chance U. (Netflix Doc.) of sorts for some, as well as a stepping stone for a possible nother' opportunity to get back into the NFL for other players. Others are saying what JUCO (junior college) is to Division I football this new AAF will be to the NFL.

A couple interesting facts I learned, there will be no extra points only 2pt conversions, no kickoffs teams start with the ball on the 20 yard line and less commercials. The broadcasters are going to be Tiki Barber, Marvin Lewis, and another guy imnot familiar with. In my opinion this league is going to succeed. The league will be a success I believe and really am looking forward to it.

Betting is available on the games, as well as futures odds. Most books including the Westgate superbook have lines up, so should be fun. There is a site to run fantasy football leagues as well.

https://www.cbssports.com/aaf/news/a...otball-league/

https://twitter.com/TheAAF

Comments

LegalizeMeth: I'll give it a shot

ftpjesus: Wonder how Vince McMahon feels about his buddy in the original XFL Ebersol giving him the finger so to speak.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Could be a good situation for QBs to develop. I could see a couple of those QBs getting another shot in the league if they play well.

Unlike QBs, there is plenty of chances for RBs to show if they belong in the NFL or not. All those RBs already had their shot, and are out of the league because they aren't very good. I don't see any of those guys making it back in the league, but might be a way to make a living, so can't fault them for that.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    AAWful name

Load Metric
    sounds like the nfl is trying to sabotage the new xfl

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsSatire View Post
    sounds like the nfl is trying to sabotage the new xfl
    Well in AAF Defense wasn’t it announced before XFL as they got things up and running for this year. XFL won’t be back till 2020. Side note Arizona Hot Shots are early favs followed by their first opponent tomorrow night Salt Lake. So may see a preview of the title game right off the bat. Tickets aren’t bad price wise. 40-50yd line range are around $50 if your on the side opposite the home team. Home sidelines are around 60-70 on TM and Stubhub. AZ is playing st the ASU stadium in Tempe so mass transit accessible.

Load Metric
    All America Football Conference
    American Football league
    World Football League
    United State Football League
    Xtreme Football League
    and now the Alliance Football League

The AAFC had 3 teams absorbed into the NFL
    only the AFL survived to merge with the NFL
    the others lasted a season or two then folded

good luck, history is not on their side
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Thread Information