Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 243

Thread: Joy Miller rears her ugly head again and bashes me on Twitter

  1. #161
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    4550
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    31,455
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    As is the idea of Nike making a mint of the controversy.
    No conservative I know has a problem with Nike "making a mint" off the controversy.

    A private business can choose how to market themselves the way they want, and the public then has the right to react to that marketing the way they want.

    By the way, I haven't checked recently, but Nike "making a mint" was already debunked.

    Since shoes aren't an everyday purchase, nobody can go back in time and "un-buy" Nike shoes if Nike does something they don't like (aside from the very small percentage who just bought the shoes and haven't worn them yet). However, those who were happy with Nike's support of Kapernick could (and often did) go out and buy Nike products as a show of their support. So this caused a spike in short-term sales.

    What I wanted to see was 6-12 months down the line, if those Nike pissed off actually abandoned the brand.

    I haven't checked on this, so I don't know what happened, but it was impossible for Nike to claim financial victory just from a temporary spike in sales to liberals.

    It is possible that, due to the public's notoriously short outrage memory, the angered people calmed down by the time they were ready to make a shoe purchase again. If that's the way it broke out, then kudos to Nike for playing it so well. I won't claim to be as good at marketing as the experts at large companies.


    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly
    Police violence against its citizenry is/was/always will be a massive Libertarian issue.
    True, but the left is more complaining about police using excessive force against black people, whereas libertarians just hate police force in general.

    That's actually a big philosophical difference, even if it doesn't sound like one.

    The left's complaint is mostly one of practice, and the libertarians are complaining about policy.

  2. #162
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    No conservative I know has a problem with Nike "making a mint" off the controversy.

    A private business can choose how to market themselves the way they want, and the public then has the right to react to that marketing the way they want.
    I never said anything about conservatives being against that, nobody did. Conservatives and Libertarians would totally agree on that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    By the way, I haven't checked recently, but Nike "making a mint" was already debunked.
    Her tweet was ~10 days after the start of the campaign. Save your 6-12 month analysis. It has nothing to do with anything.


    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly
    Police violence against its citizenry is/was/always will be a massive Libertarian issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    True, but the left is more complaining about police using excessive force against black people, whereas libertarians just hate police force in general.

    That's actually a big philosophical difference, even if it doesn't sound like one.

    The left's complaint is mostly one of practice, and the libertarians are complaining about policy.
    Once again, post any positive proof you have that she's an actual left-ist, and not just someone who hates Trump. You can't, because it isn't there, because she isn't a leftist, despite your strongest assertions. If I'm wrong post evidence. Of course, you;ve already said the evidence is what she doesn't say, which isn;t evidence of anything, because it literally isn't anything. I won't reply again in this thread until you post evidence of her being a leftist.

    I don't expect to post again in this thread.

     
    Comments
      
      Bootsy Collins: I don’t blame you.
      
      gimmick:
    @CursedDiamonds on twitter

  3. #163
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    4550
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    31,455
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    I never said anything about conservatives being against that, nobody did. Conservatives and Libertarians would totally agree on that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    By the way, I haven't checked recently, but Nike "making a mint" was already debunked.
    Her tweet was ~10 days after the start of the campaign. Save your 6-12 month analysis. It has nothing to do with anything.
    I was just talking about the campaign in general and the financial impact. I wasn't making reference to her tweet there.



    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly
    Police violence against its citizenry is/was/always will be a massive Libertarian issue.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    True, but the left is more complaining about police using excessive force against black people, whereas libertarians just hate police force in general.

    That's actually a big philosophical difference, even if it doesn't sound like one.

    The left's complaint is mostly one of practice, and the libertarians are complaining about policy.
    Once again, post any positive proof you have that she's an actual left-ist, and not just someone who hates Trump. You can't, because it isn't there, because she isn't a leftist, despite your strongest assertions. If I'm wrong post evidence. Of course, you;ve already said the evidence is what she doesn't say, which isn;t evidence of anything, because it literally isn't anything. I won't reply again in this thread until you post evidence of her being a leftist.

    I don't expect to post again in this thread.

    A guy who witnesses the Negreanu/Polk e-fight and makes hundreds of bashes against Negreanu but says nothing ill of Polk can be considered to be on Polk's side.

    Often what someone doesn't say ends up speaking much louder than what they do say.

    Someone who viciously and frequently attacks the right but has completely laid off the left for years is clearly not neutral. If she spent MORE time hating on Trump, but still had words for left wing politiicans/policies she disliked, then the "Trump is the one in power now, it makes sense why she's focusing more on him" excuse would be credible.

    When 100% of the vitriol is aimed at the right -- even at nobodies like Tomi Lahren -- then you know it's more than just aiming your anger at the party who happens to be in power.

    What's funny here is that you and others on the left are arguing against something which actually makes Trump look bad.

    Here I am, a conservative asserting that Trump is so divisive and abrasive that he has turned certain swing-voter types sharply to the left. That's actually the argument I'm making here, and if I stated it by itself, I bet you and the other PFA leftists would readily agree.

    However, when I insert "... and this person who turned to the left is lying about having done so", suddenly I'm committing a cardinal sin by daring question this woman's political self-identification.

    Even when I concede that the right is also full of fake left-wingers pretending to criticize their own party (and that such behavior annoys me), I'm still getting resistance.

    The one thing I'll say is that I don't even believe Emily realizes she's on the left now. Some people are so stuck on long-held self labels that they don't notice they've changed. That's what I think has happened here, and I believe Trump is the reason for it.

     
    Comments
      
      Crowe Diddly: You literally don't have a single statement you can find from her praising anything from the left. Let me know when you find something.
      
      Bootsy Collins: I’m pretty sure Crowe meant to red rep you here so I will do the honors.

  4. #164
    Most people who post political oriented tweets are just virtue signaling. Everyone is basically just chasing that dopamine hit they get when their tweet is liked/retweeted/given a positive comment by someone(s) they want to impress.

    I would guess Penn's wife's tweets have shifted noticeably left, but it has more to do with what she perceives as what her audience wants to hear and will generally respond positively to. At this point, a true libertarian viewpoint would probably end up with you being labelled as alt-right on twitter, and that is something most sensible people want to avoid at all costs, so they self censure accordingly.
    I smoke color purple
    I'm up in here feeling like silly
    Nappy ass dreads, what's that you say?
    Watch your mouth, Milli Vanilli
    You can get snaked, you can get faked
    I'll buy the bitch that you feeling
    'Cause you thought that she was an angel
    That bitch ain't no angel, I treat her halo like a Frisbee

  5. #165
    Gold Salty_Aus's Avatar
    Reputation
    170
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Gold Coast, QLD, Australia
    Posts
    1,101
    Modern American libertarianism is way more right wing then left.

  6. #166
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty_Aus View Post
    Modern American libertarianism is way more right wing then left.
    This is probably true, but it has more to do with political correctedness shifting acceptable discourse left. Most self-identified libertarians today don't hold views much different than they did 20 years ago. But 20 years ago noone would have considered their views right wing at all, and today, especially online and in the media, would consider such views alt-right.

    Of course the truth of the matter is that the average non political person doesn't really believe libertarianism is right wing at all. But it is easier to just nod your head and go along with the vocal minority that does espouse such beliefs, rather than risk confrontation (and then of course give them their comeuppance in the polls when you elect Trump president).
    I smoke color purple
    I'm up in here feeling like silly
    Nappy ass dreads, what's that you say?
    Watch your mouth, Milli Vanilli
    You can get snaked, you can get faked
    I'll buy the bitch that you feeling
    'Cause you thought that she was an angel
    That bitch ain't no angel, I treat her halo like a Frisbee

  7. #167
    Nova Scotia's REAL #1 Webcam DJ sonatine's Avatar
    Reputation
    5258
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    22,934
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty_Aus View Post
    Modern American libertarianism is way more right wing then left.
    This is probably true, but it has more to do with political correctedness shifting acceptable discourse left.

    dude stop.


    really.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

    "America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

  8. #168
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    I never said anything about conservatives being against that, nobody did. Conservatives and Libertarians would totally agree on that.



    Her tweet was ~10 days after the start of the campaign. Save your 6-12 month analysis. It has nothing to do with anything.
    I was just talking about the campaign in general and the financial impact. I wasn't making reference to her tweet there.



    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly
    Police violence against its citizenry is/was/always will be a massive Libertarian issue.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    True, but the left is more complaining about police using excessive force against black people, whereas libertarians just hate police force in general.

    That's actually a big philosophical difference, even if it doesn't sound like one.

    The left's complaint is mostly one of practice, and the libertarians are complaining about policy.
    Once again, post any positive proof you have that she's an actual left-ist, and not just someone who hates Trump. You can't, because it isn't there, because she isn't a leftist, despite your strongest assertions. If I'm wrong post evidence. Of course, you;ve already said the evidence is what she doesn't say, which isn;t evidence of anything, because it literally isn't anything. I won't reply again in this thread until you post evidence of her being a leftist.

    I don't expect to post again in this thread.

    A guy who witnesses the Negreanu/Polk e-fight and makes hundreds of bashes against Negreanu but says nothing ill of Polk can be considered to be on Polk's side.

    Often what someone doesn't say ends up speaking much louder than what they do say.

    Someone who viciously and frequently attacks the right but has completely laid off the left for years is clearly not neutral. If she spent MORE time hating on Trump, but still had words for left wing politiicans/policies she disliked, then the "Trump is the one in power now, it makes sense why she's focusing more on him" excuse would be credible.

    When 100% of the vitriol is aimed at the right -- even at nobodies like Tomi Lahren -- then you know it's more than just aiming your anger at the party who happens to be in power.

    What's funny here is that you and others on the left are arguing against something which actually makes Trump look bad.

    Here I am, a conservative asserting that Trump is so divisive and abrasive that he has turned certain swing-voter types sharply to the left. That's actually the argument I'm making here, and if I stated it by itself, I bet you and the other PFA leftists would readily agree.

    However, when I insert "... and this person who turned to the left is lying about having done so", suddenly I'm committing a cardinal sin by daring question this woman's political self-identification.

    Even when I concede that the right is also full of fake left-wingers pretending to criticize their own party (and that such behavior annoys me), I'm still getting resistance.

    The one thing I'll say is that I don't even believe Emily realizes she's on the left now. Some people are so stuck on long-held self labels that they don't notice they've changed. That's what I think has happened here, and I believe Trump is the reason for it.
    You have completely moved the goalposts and changed your point. A person can plainly see without changing sides that one side has given up what they have supposedly support. Fiscal responsibility is now completely and utterly gone under the Trump Republican party and therefore it is completely acceptable to attack the people that have take over the GOP. There is no switching parties. Maybe, Druff, you are the one that switched? That's probably it

  9. #169

    I don't know why everyone is trying to fight me on this, like it's some kind of sin.

    People change political beliefs all the time.

    It would just be nice if they were honest about it, rather than "lol I'm not attacking from the left, I'm totally libertarian, dude!"
    Honestly it’s probably because you’re being a huge douche about this and can’t ever admit when you’re wrong. You have already moved the goal posts like 4 times.

    You keep saying where are her tweets criticizing the left? Crowe showed you a bunch. Then it’s “Yeah but where are the recent ones?” It was explained to you that the left hasn’t been in power and literally nothing has been done yet since the left took back over the house.

    I ask you this, was she critizing the right back when the left had control in O’bama’s first term? If so post the evidence.

     
    Comments
      
      gimmick:

  10. #170
    Gold Salty_Aus's Avatar
    Reputation
    170
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Gold Coast, QLD, Australia
    Posts
    1,101
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty_Aus View Post
    Modern American libertarianism is way more right wing then left.
    This is probably true, but it has more to do with political correctedness shifting acceptable discourse left. Most self-identified libertarians today don't hold views much different than they did 20 years ago. But 20 years ago noone would have considered their views right wing at all, and today, especially online and in the media, would consider such views alt-right.

    Of course the truth of the matter is that the average non political person doesn't really believe libertarianism is right wing at all. But it is easier to just nod your head and go along with the vocal minority that does espouse such beliefs, rather than risk confrontation (and then of course give them their comeuppance in the polls when you elect Trump president).
    Let's not mince words. The average person has no fucking clue what a libertarian is, let alone an anarchist.

    How fiscally conservative capitalists, call themselves libertarians is kinda funny. In a historical sense that is.

  11. #171
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    4550
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    31,455
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheesfaced
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff

    I don't know why everyone is trying to fight me on this, like it's some kind of sin.

    People change political beliefs all the time.

    It would just be nice if they were honest about it, rather than "lol I'm not attacking from the left, I'm totally libertarian, dude!"
    Honestly it’s probably because you’re being a huge douche about this and can’t ever admit when you’re wrong. You have already moved the goal posts like 4 times.

    You keep saying where are her tweets criticizing the left? Crowe showed you a bunch. Then it’s “Yeah but where are the recent ones?” It was explained to you that the left hasn’t been in power and literally nothing has been done yet since the left took back over the house.

    I ask you this, was she critizing the right back when the left had control in O’bama’s first term? If so post the evidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by monsterj
    You have completely moved the goalposts and changed your point. A person can plainly see without changing sides that one side has given up what they have supposedly support. Fiscal responsibility is now completely and utterly gone under the Trump Republican party and therefore it is completely acceptable to attack the people that have take over the GOP. There is no switching parties. Maybe, Druff, you are the one that switched? That's probably it

    I haven't moved the goalposts at all.

    I stated that Emily only attacks the right on Twitter, which was what I saw to be true from about a year back of scrolling on her Twitter.

    Then Crowe Diddly posted tweets of hers bashing Obama, but I noticed those were from 2013-2014. At that point, I went back and scrolled even farther back. I didn't get all the way to 2014, but from what I could see, she ceased criticizing the left for at least the last few years.

    I don't mean she decreased her criticism of the left. She stopped criticizing them entirely.

    So I changed my assessment from, "She's never gone after the left" to "She changed her political views years ago due to Trump", because I first hadn't seen the earlier tweets (I didn't scroll back far enough at the time), but upon further examination, it was clear that a major change had occurred.

    I know you guys love to stick to, "Oh, well Trump's in power now, so of course that's who she's after", but that's a load of crap.

    The left has been bravely proposing changes to this country which would make any real libertarian shudder.

    Socialized medicine -- libertarians would despise this.

    Raising the top marginal tax rate to 70 % -- libertarians would despise this.

    $15 national minimum wage -- libertarians would despise this.

    These aren't mad ravings of left wing extremists. These are proposed major changes which are likely to actually take place if Trump loses in less than 2 years.

    Anyone ignoring the left and their agenda at this point is a complete fool, unless they're 100% certain Trump will win again, which only the most delusional of Trump supporters believe to be the case (definitely not the view of Emily Jillette!)

    So why is Emily willfully ignoring a left-wing agenda which has a GOOD CHANCE of coming to pass in 2 years, and which supposedly runs FULLY COUNTER TO LIBERTARIAN VALUES?

    Is it because she's ignorant and stupid?

    Or is it because she's actually now a leftist, and these things don't bother her?

    Once again, and I can't stress this enough.... a prolific political tweeter who only attacks one party over a period of years is someone who is clearly on the other side.

    You can attempt to dance around this and ridicule me, but that basic fact remains.

  12. #172
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    4550
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    31,455
    Blog Entries
    2
    monsterj, you claim to be a conservative, right?

    What conservative views do you hold?

    You don't like Trump, so who in the GOP do you like?

    I don't feel like going back and reading your posting history here, but from what I remember, you never struck me as someone particularly conservative. In fact, I remember we had an argument about net neutrality where you were for it, which was for the most part the left-wing position on that issue.

    How do you feel about socialized medicine, increased marginal tax rates for the top earners, and immigration issues?

    I'm not being sarcastic or mocking here.

    I honestly would like to know your opinion of these issues for..... well, let's just say future reference.

  13. #173
    Letís try this again.

    I ask you this, was she critizing the right back when the left had control during Oíbamaís first term? If so post the evidence.

  14. #174
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    4550
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    31,455
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheesfaced View Post
    Letís try this again.

    I ask you this, was she critizing the right back when the left had control during Oíbamaís first term? If so post the evidence.
    I don't know. I don't even know if she was on Twitter then.

    Who cares? Why does this even matter?

    I'm not arguing what she was 5-10 years ago.

    I'm making the argument that presently she's a leftist.

  15. #175
    Gold splitthis's Avatar
    Reputation
    627
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    At the Metroparks
    Posts
    1,769
    Time for a thread saving musical intermission.


     
    Comments
      
      Gordman: Lol
    Au Naturale

  16. #176
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheesfaced View Post
    Letís try this again.

    I ask you this, was she critizing the right back when the left had control during Oíbamaís first term? If so post the evidence.
    I don't know. I don't even know if she was on Twitter then.

    Who cares? Why does this even matter?

    I'm not arguing what she was 5-10 years ago.

    I'm making the argument that presently she's a leftist.
    If you truly donít understand why that matters then Iím not sure why Iím even wasting my time here.

  17. #177
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    4550
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    31,455
    Blog Entries
    2
    On a side note, even though I haven't tweeted to her since yesterday, Emily blocked me.


  18. #178
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    4550
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    31,455
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheesfaced View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

    I don't know. I don't even know if she was on Twitter then.

    Who cares? Why does this even matter?

    I'm not arguing what she was 5-10 years ago.

    I'm making the argument that presently she's a leftist.
    If you truly donít understand why that matters then Iím not sure why Iím even wasting my time here.
    I guess you're trying to make the point that she only criticizes the party which is completely in control?

    But that's not even consistent with today, as the Democrats have the House, and yet she hasn't changed her tweeting habits.

    Shouldn't Occam's Razor apply here?

    Someone obsessed with bashing the right (and ONLY the right) for years straight is probably on the left.

    Simple, simple concept.

  19. #179
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheesfaced View Post

    If you truly donít understand why that matters then Iím not sure why Iím even wasting my time here.
    I guess you're trying to make the point that she only criticizes the party which is completely in control?

    But that's not even consistent with today, as the Democrats have the House, and yet she hasn't changed her tweeting habits.

    Shouldn't Occam's Razor apply here?

    Someone obsessed with bashing the right (and ONLY the right) for years straight is probably on the left.

    Simple, simple concept.
    We already proved to you that she has bashed the left, with many examples. If I can find an example of her bashing the left with a tweet from the day Trump got elected, will you apologize publicly to her on Twitter and link this thread?

  20. #180
    How the fuck is this 9 pages already?

    All this over some dumb cunt?

     
    Comments
      
      IamGreek: So much this

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 52
    Last Post: 02-08-2019, 11:53 PM
  2. Von Miller
    By rollinx420 in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-16-2016, 07:03 PM
  3. Braxton Miller out for season. Ohio State toast
    By Damone in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-19-2014, 07:33 PM
  4. Angry daughter bashes abusive mom in obituary
    By Dan Druff in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-26-2013, 11:29 AM
  5. $100 Fantasy Football League- auction & non-head-to-head.
    By DirtyB in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-23-2012, 05:54 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •