Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Joy Miller rears her ugly head again and bashes me on Twitter

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by monsterj View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Libertarians feel that business owners are paying the bills and should basically be able to do what they want.

So if the business owner says, "Hey, your kneeling during the anthem is costing us money, and we're paying you a fortune to represent us. You need to stop doing that", the libertarian would be totally in favor of the business owner having the right to make such a demand, and to fire someone who doesn't adhere to it.

The libertarian would NOT be saying, "B-b-b-b-but black people are so abused by police, fuck the business owners! Let the employees protest on the employer's dime, and protect them if they're fired!"

The libertarian WOULD defend the right of Kapernick to protest in public when not at work.
    I don't think you could be more wrong If you tried. You have no idea what a libertarian would believe. Kneeling, would be considered free speech. Period. Libertarian would defend Kaepernick 100 times out of 100.
    How do you think they'd defend Kapernick?

If they fired him for kneeling and all the NFL teams chose not to hire him because he upset their fanbase, do you think they'd support legal action punishing the owners?

Since when have libertarians been supportive of the government telling business owners what they can and can't do regarding their employees?

You have no idea what you're talking about.

Libertarians are very much in support of protest, but not to the exclusion of business owners being able to stop employees from doing it while at work.

guys dont take vaughn p seriously, he tilts his face off when he sees a woman wearing glasses

Nova Scotia's REAL #1 Webcam DJ sonatine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsSatire View Post
    guys dont take vaughn p seriously, he tilts his face off when he sees a woman wearing glasses

whats the line on how many times vaughn has fed the suffragette to an alligator in red dead redemption 2?
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Blog Entries
    I should clarify something further.

Libertarians would support Kapernick's decision to sit during the anthem from the standpoint that they don't feel it's "disrespectful" to do so, nor do they support forced patriotism.

If asked whether Kapernick sitting bothered them, most libertarians would say, "No, it's fine with me."

However, they would also support the NFLteams' rights to fire him and/or not hire him due to his actions.

So they would not be in the "OMG OMG how could he not stand for the anthem, what a terrible American" crowd, but they would also not be among those screaming if the NFL chose to disassociate itself with him because of those actions.

Libertarians would support Kapernick's decision to sit during the anthem from the standpoint that they don't feel it's "disrespectful" to do so, nor do they support forced patriotism.

However, they would also support the NFLteams' rights to fire him and/or not hire him due to his actions.

So they would not be in the "OMG OMG how could he not stand for the anthem, what a terrible American" crowd, but they would also not be among those screaming if the NFL chose to disassociate itself with him because of those actions.
    The issue isn't about NFL teams right to hire/not hire him.

He's accusing them of all getting together (colluding) and making a pact that none of them would hire them so that they wouldn't have to worry about someone else picking him up first.

I don't think you could be more wrong If you tried. You have no idea what a libertarian would believe. Kneeling, would be considered free speech. Period. Libertarian would defend Kaepernick 100 times out of 100.
    How do you think they'd defend Kapernick?

If they fired him for kneeling and all the NFL teams chose not to hire him because he upset their fanbase, do you think they'd support legal action punishing the owners?

Since when have libertarians been supportive of the government telling business owners what they can and can't do regarding their employees?

You have no idea what you're talking about.

Libertarians are very much in support of protest, but not to the exclusion of business owners being able to stop employees from doing it while at work.
    Can you write more than one paragraph without making a straw man argument?

Quote Originally Posted by monsterj

I thought she was a libertarian? So not a member of Democrat or Republican. I didn't see any bylaws that their has to be an equal number of attacks by a libertarian to remain a libertarian. Maybe she just really really doesn't like Trump?
    She only bashes Republicans (not just Trump) for the past few years, and despite hundreds of political tweets in that timespan, I can't find one criticizing any leftist or leftist policy.
    when the democrats were in power it took me about 20 seconds to show that she was against Obama and everything he stood for.

that's how it works. When you don't agree with either party, you always work against the one in power. Always.
    @CursedDiamonds on twitter

Quote Originally Posted by duped_samaritan View Post

The issue isn't about NFL teams right to hire/not hire him.

He's accusing them of all getting together (colluding) and making a pact that none of them would hire them so that they wouldn't have to worry about someone else picking him up first.
    we all have our own definition of libertarianism so i'm guessing we'll all disagree.

but in my view, a libertarian would think it should be perfectly legal for business owners to get together and collude against kaepernick for any reason at all.

real libertarians (again, my definition) don't believe in any restrictions on private business, including even enforcing discrimination laws. they think that the private market can handle everything. (e.g., oh this business won't hire black people, let's take our business elsewhere.)

libertarians tend to only have issues when the government does something.

There is no single Libertarian take. Here's the most common one, IMO:

"From the libertarian perspective, Kaepernick should retain his rights to remain seated during the National Anthem, just as his employer, the NFL, holds the right to enforce behaviors that are part of the employment agreement. Nike holds the right to hire whomever they please for whichever kind of campaigns they wish to run, and the general public has the right to respond as they see fit.

This is a prime example of the choices of people at work, and frankly, isn’t something that either side ought to be mocked for."

https://think-liberty.com/news/kaepe...tarian-review/

The idea of not standing for the national anthem in protest of police violence is about as Libertarian as you can get. It pretty much expresses core principles, from the idea of having to refusing to stand at political moments against your will, to protesting violence from government and policing agencies against its citizens.

Here's the tweet Druff posted to show how she's such a fuckin lib because she just loooooves Kaepernick.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post

She only bashes Republicans (not just Trump) for the past few years, and despite hundreds of political tweets in that timespan, I can't find one criticizing any leftist or leftist policy.
    when the democrats were in power it took me about 20 seconds to show that she was against Obama and everything he stood for.

that's how it works. When you don't agree with either party, you always work against the one in power. Always.
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Why does Obama or anyone think gov&#39;t should be involved in education? Why should anybody be forced to pay for others? <a href="http://t.co/aTUpLMkK5O">http://t.co/aTUpLMkK5O</a></p>&mdash; Emily Jillette (@EmilyJillette) <a href="https://twitter.com/EmilyJillette/status/553656873917095936?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 9, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

https://twitter.com/EmilyJillette/st...29504838443008

https://twitter.com/EmilyJillette/st...96387127255041

Druff, explain?

Terrence Chan by all accounts has one of the nicest and fare minded people in the poker arena. I have herd him say on his radio more than once than he feels that Joy is dishonest and vindictive person.
    my gut feeling is to believe what he says regarding things like this
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Blog Entries

"From the libertarian perspective, Kaepernick should retain his rights to remain seated during the National Anthem, just as his employer, the NFL, holds the right to enforce behaviors that are part of the employment agreement. Nike holds the right to hire whomever they please for whichever kind of campaigns they wish to run, and the general public has the right to respond as they see fit.

This is a prime example of the choices of people at work, and frankly, isnít something that either side ought to be mocked for."

The idea of not standing for the national anthem in protest of police violence is about as Libertarian as you can get. It pretty much expresses core principles, from the idea of having to refusing to stand at political moments against your will, to protesting violence from government and policing agencies against its citizens.

Here's the tweet Druff posted to show how she's such a fuckin lib because she just loooooves Kaepernick.

I found other pro-Kapernick posts she made.

It wasn't just a one-off post saying she wasn't surprised Nike's stock went up.

Blog Entries

https://twitter.com/EmilyJillette/st...29504838443008

https://twitter.com/EmilyJillette/st...96387127255041

Druff, explain?
    These were 5+ years ago. We already went over this.

Up through 2014, she seemed to be more of a true libertarian, but she's since moved to the left, probably due to hatred of Trump.

Her tweets in the past few years have all been anti-Republican, and zero anti-Democrat or anti-left posts I can find.

Up through 2014, she seemed to be more of a true libertarian, but she's since moved to the left, probably due to hatred of Trump.

Her tweets in the past few years have all been anti-Republican, and zero anti-Democrat or anti-left posts I can find.
    Her silence about any other particular government law, regulation, ordinance, directive, edict, control, regulatory agency, activity, or machination should not be construed to imply approval.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff
    All actions of the federal government in the past few years have been Republican, with zero democrat or leftist laws passed or actions taken.

it's so simple.

I found other pro-Kapernick posts she made.

It wasn't just a one-off post saying she wasn't surprised Nike's stock went up.
    As noted earlier, it is completely consistent with Libertarian beliefs to support what Kaepernick did, and the cause he did it for.

Post the ones that prove she's a leftist or whatever. The one you picked sure doesn't.

Also, 2 of the 3 tweets were less than 5 years ago, not 5+. Stop exaggerating to prove a point, its unbecoming.

This is a prime example of the choices of people at work, and frankly, isnít something that either side ought to be mocked for."

The idea of NFL owners being able to stop this from happening is also about as Libertarian as it gets. The Libertarian party has become increasingly fractured by the infilitration of identity politics and all the bullshit that comes along with it clouding the message.

Quote Originally Posted by VaughnP View Post

The idea of NFL owners being able to stop this from happening is also about as Libertarian as it gets.
    As is the idea of Nike making a mint of the controversy.

Quote Originally Posted by VaughnP View Post
    The Libertarian party has become increasingly fractured by the infilitration of identity politics and all the bullshit that comes along with it clouding the message.
    Police violence against its citizenry is/was/always will be a massive Libertarian issue.

Blog Entries

Also, 2 of the 3 tweets were less than 5 years ago, not 5+. Stop exaggerating to prove a point, its unbecoming.
    I didn't even notice there was a third tweet, because that one was buried in a bunch of embed code. But okay, they were all over 4 years old. Happy?

Does it make a difference if they were 4 versus 5 years old? One of the tweets was more than 5 years old, one was nearly 5 years old, and the one I missed is over 4 years old. My point stands, and you know it.

Bottom line is that Trump seems to have shifted her politics sharply left, and she went from a traditional libertarian (like her husband) to a leftist with some libertarian views.

I don't know why everyone is trying to fight me on this, like it's some kind of sin.

People change political beliefs all the time.

It would just be nice if they were honest about it, rather than "lol I'm not attacking from the left, I'm totally libertarian, dude!"

Thread Information