Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Joy Miller rears her ugly head again and bashes me on Twitter

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post
    What do Liv Boeree, Tiffany Michelle, Lynn Gilmartin, Amanda Leatherman and Joy Miller have in common?

They all fucked high-stakes poker players to get ahead.

They don't pay "poker reporters" shit in this business.

The only way to move up and start to make some real money in this business is to fuck a poker pro with a million dollar bankroll.

What does that make themselves?

A poker ho.

The difference here is that the other girls you listed all come off as pleasant and friendly when you meet them in person, and they also didn't fuck anyone over aside from some of the dudes they dated. (Well, I guess except Tiffany Michelle, who royally fucked over Tony G.)

Joy was just awful in every way. She was a nightmare for everyone to work with, got several people fired for unjustified reasons, and abused her "power" at ESPN to deny TV coverage to poker pros whom she personally disliked (and then bragged about it).

Definitely something about tmz. Maybe "oh so u do know ppl more terrible than u, is ur friend responsible for the smallet story. I see u were dumb enough to believe it"

Comments

gauchojake: you're not very good at this

Blog Entries
    For those of you wondering, here's the story as to how Joy Miller abused her position in media to fuck with me...

In the late 2000s, ESPN360 was an internet-only extension of ESPN which televised a lot of poker content (among other things). These televised events had two commentators -- one who would announce the action, and the other who would be the color commentator (often a poker pro with experience in that game).

Micon did one of them, and I thought it looked fun. The main commentator was a guy named Nick Geber. Nick also typically made the decision as to who would be the color commentator.

I approached Nick in 2009, and told him that I was interested in doing the color commentating for the $10k Limit Holdem final table, provided that I wasn't at the final table myself. Nick was very warm to the idea, and told me I had the job. Keep in mind that this "job" paid nothing and took as long as 10 hours to do, but I knew I'd enjoy it and didn't care about not getting paid.

Well, despite cashing that event in the final 2 tables in 2008, I bricked it pretty fast in 2009, so I went to Nick and told him I was indeed available. Nick said he'd call me when they were ready to have me come down to the studio in 2 days, when the final table would be taking place.

You might recall that I mentioned that Joy was a hanger-on to Joe Sebok, and hung out with that group. My then-girlfriend Miri also hung out with that group. Joy wasn't a close friend of hers, but they were cordial and got along fairly well. At the time, I didn't care for Joy (I found her to be abrasive and off-putting, and also disliked what she did to Terrence), but I hadn't had any altercations with her.

Miri was at a party that night. She saw Joy there, and went up to her, and remarked about the final table. "I think it's cool Todd is going to be on ESPN doing the commentary of the Limit Holdem event in 2 days. I know he's looking forward to it!"

Miri thought she was just making conversation, knowing Joy worked there.

"What?! Todd's doing the commentary?!", exclaimed Joy. "Fuck no, he's not. I hate that guy. He's never doing any commentary there. I'll make sure of that. He's never doing any commentary, and never getting any ESPN coverage. No fucking way."

Miri didn't understand. She asked why Joy felt so hostile toward me.

"Because he wrote a bunch of shit on the internet about that Terrence Chan thing two years ago. He didn't understand any of it and had to fucking shoot his mouth off to all of those nerds on his site. Fuck him. You can tell him he's not gonna be on tomorrow. Tell him to stay home."

In reality, I wrote ONE post on NWP agreeing with Terrence. I knew Miri saw Joy in that social group, so I was careful not to be too harsh about her. I was very polite in my assessment, basically just analyzing it and stating why Joy was in the wrong. I didn't insult Joy at all. I also only made a single post about it, and dropped the matter. Joy still held a grudge about it two years later, even though literally hundreds of people all over the internet laid into her about it back then, and far worse than I ever did.

Miri tried to reason with Joy. She tried to say that I had no problem with her, and that I just always give my opinion about things on the NWP forum. Joy wasn't having it. She told Miri that I was banned from ESPN in all ways because I did this.

Miri told me what happened, and I was furious.

I called Micon, who had previously told me he was friends with Joy. I told him I was about to blow up Joy all over NWP and everywhere else I could, and expose how she's abusing her position at ESPN for personal grudges.

Micon tried to calm me down.

"She's a nice girl, she just has a bit of a temper," said Micon. "She likes and respects me. I'll talk to her. I'll get her to reverse her position on this. Please don't post any of this publicly. Just wait and let me fix this."

So I agreed.

Micon called Joy, who was stubborn as ever. However, she changed her excuse as to why I wasn't going to be doing the commentating. It was not about Terrence Chan, she claimed, even though she had just told Miri it was exactly about that.

"I just don't think Todd would be good at it," she explained. "He doesn't seem like he would be any good at broadcasting."

"Not good at broadcasting?!", exclaimed Micon. "He's the co-host on my radio show! He does a really good job! You should download an episode and take a listen. Also, he's really good at limit holdem. He's got a bracelet in it. He would be totally perfect for the color commentary, trust me, Joy."

Joy knew that her excuse was out the window. But she didn't want to get into it with Micon, and figured just stalling him would be good enough.

"Okay, I'll take a listen to him on your site. Tell Todd I'll get back to him about this," she said.

Micon felt he resolved everything. I was very skeptical. I told him that I thought she just said what he wanted to hear, without committing to anything.

"Look, I know this girl. She just has a bruised ego from the Terrence Chan thing. She took such a beating on the internet over that, and she thinks you're part of it. Send her a nice text. Send her a text about how you're excited to do the commentary, how you have no issue at all with her, and that you're sorry that both of you got off on the wrong foot. Trust me, she'll read that, and she'll soften, and you'll be on there tomorrow."

I felt weird doing this. I still believed she was vindictively keeping me off ESPN, and I was going to send her a sugary sweet text message? Still, I trusted Micon, and sent her the text.

No response.

Time passed. Nobody called me. I couldn't reach anyone else at ESPN, either. Nobody had formally told me that my commentating position had been rescinded, but Joy was ghosting me, and nobody was telling me that it was happening, either.

The entire night passed and I realized that it wasn't going to happen. Indeed, Joy got her way and kept me off. I played online poker all night until noon, and then went to sleep.

Continued next post....

Blog Entries
    The final table was starting at 3pm that day.

Sometime that day, Joy broke it to Nick Geber that she was denying my ability to be the color commentator. Nick didn't really understand, but I was a stranger to him, so he didn't question it. He asked her, "Well, if Todd's not doing it, who is? Because we still need a color commentator."

"Bernard will do it," she explained, referring to Bernard Lee. "You know how Bernard fills in whenever we don't have someone."

Nick accepted this, and dropped the matter.

Well, Bernard showed up at 1:45pm, and they told him he was doing the color commentating. He freaked out.

"I'm doing color commentating on Limit Holdem?!", he exclaimed. "No way. I'm not doing it. I suck at that game. I can't do color commentating on advanced play at a $10k event in something like that. I'll come off as a fool!"

Joy tried to talk him into it. Bernard wasn't having it. He outright refused. He told them to find someone else.

"How are we supposed to find someone else in an hour?!", screamed Joy. "You need to step up and do this!"

Bernard absolutely refused.

Nick then piped up, "How about Todd? We can call him and tell him to come down. He might still be available."

"No way!! No fucking way!!", yelled Joy. "He will NOT be on ESPN. Not ever!"

"Would you rather we have no one?", asked an increasingly exasperated Nick. "Because I don't see any other option. You can't even explain why he's so bad."

"I'm not gonna be in the same studio as that guy!", screamed Joy. "He's not coming down!"

Nick finally took charge and said Joy had 15 minutes to find someone, and then he was calling me.

Joy failed to round anyone up in that short period of time. Nick picked up the phone to call me at 2pm. Joy screamed at Nick, and walked out of the studio in a huff, and didn't return for the remainder of the day.

Of course, I had no clue any of this was going on. My phone rang at 2pm, when I had just 2 hours of sleep, and woke me up.

"Todd, it's Nick! Are you coming down today?", he asked, as if I was scheduled to be there the entire time.

"Umm... I thought I wasn't the one doing this anymore," I said while still half asleep. "I just went to sleep a short time ago."

"Nonsense, of course you are doing it! I apologize for any confusion! So can you make it?"

I started to get more coherent and thought about it. Didn't Micon say that my text would soften Joy's position, and that everything would be okay? Well, it appeared that it must have worked, or so I thought. Sure, I was exhausted, and only had 2 hours of sleep, but I still really wanted to do this. I was kinda pissed that Joy never got back to me, but maybe this was her way of making peace. I decided to get up and come down there.

Bernard ended up doing the announcing and I did the color commentary. It took 10 hours, and Greg Mueller won. Greg put a horrible beat on Chad Brown (RIP) with straight flush over ace high flush. I enjoyed the experience. Curiously, Nick was just milling about the studio, but had little to do. I didn't understand it. Why was Bernard doing the announcing instead of Nick, if Nick was fully available.

Near the end, I asked Bernard about that. He told me the story of what had really happened. He said that he ended up compromising and agreeing to give Nick a break with the announcing for a day, if they brought me in to do the color commentary. Months later, I talked to Nick, who filled in the rest of the gaps with the story.

But I was pissed. Joy never made peace. Joy had never planned for me to be on. In fact, she disappeared from work for the rest of the day in protest of my being there.

Worst yet, it turned out that my agreeing to show up had bailed her out of potentially getting in trouble. If there were no color commentator, she would have had to answer to her bosses as to why there wasn't, and she would have looked terrible if she had to explain that it was about a personal grudge.

Instead, I showed up, did a great job, and everything looked peachy to her bosses.

Had I known, I would have refused to come down.

It would be another year until she would actually bet let go by ESPN/Bluff for her abuse of power involving banning Dan Bilzerian and Victory Poker from ESPN, again for personal reasons.

Nick Geber himself ended up getting fired a short time later due to a bogus "sexual harassment" complaint by Joy, in reference to a harmless joke he made when testing the camera and sound system.

Comments

Spookygook: The fact she got off clean that day must make the jew in you not smile

What a vile cunt

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post

the concern here is that your line about ugly chicks makes you seem super-misogynistic, which, as everyone knows, is the exact opposite of how you really feel.

if you wanted to trash her looks, you should have just called her ugly
    If she were just ugly, I wouldn't have mentioned it at all.

She really did sleep around in poker and in her previous career, and in fact she even bragged during an interview that she used sex in her previous job as a reporter to get scoops. (yuck)

In addition to being incredibly abrasive, entitled, and vindictive, she also walked around with an unjustified arrogance to the tune of, "I fucked X and Y popular/good looking guys, therefore I'm better than you."

Everything about her was so off-putting.

When she ripped off Terrence Chan, she honestly didn't understand why it was bad, because in her own words, "He's not Johnny Chan", and nobody knew who Terrence was at the time.

I'm sure you've all known women like this before.

She shouldn't get a pass for lighter treatment on social media because of her gender. If I were writing this stuff about another dude, none of you would raise a single eyebrow.
    i have no idea who she is and am not defending her. i'm just not aware of a class of ugly women that feel superior because they sleep around a lot. maybe this is a poker world thing.

i am fully aware, however, of a class of ugly women that feel superior because they sleep around with a lot of d-list rappers

Nova Scotia's REAL #1 Webcam DJ sonatine's Avatar
    im not sure where to go with that comment.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Nova Scotia's REAL #1 Webcam DJ sonatine's Avatar
    like im literally going to let gare field this like some sort of arctic ice breaker before i try to find a true north here response wise.

Comments

blake: solid plan
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    i have no idea who she is and am not defending her. i'm just not aware of a class of ugly women that feel superior because they sleep around a lot. maybe this is a poker world thing.
    Oh, I've encountered a number of women like this, dating back to high school.

Basically there are certain women who are unattractive but very easy, and therefore fuck a lot of guys, including some good looking and/or popular ones.

This gives them an unjustified self esteem boost, believing that these good looking guys wouldn't fuck them unless they were hot themselves, which of course we know isn't true in many cases.

That by itself is fine. I don't care if someone gets an unjustified self-esteem boost. In fact, it's better than low self esteem for their psychological health.

However, the problem is that some of these chicks translate that confidence into arrogance, and suddenly they're looking down upon everyone. And then they start treating people around them like shit, and if you're a dude who doesn't take it from them, you're assumed to just be bitter that they don't want you.

This was 100% Joy Miller. I mean, she had other problems beyond just this, but she really believed herself to be hot and part of the cool crowd, hence her calling everyone "nerds" she believed to be socially beneath her, as well as her obsession with being associated with celebrities. (You can find her mocking Terrence Chan for being a "nerd" and then bragging about who she knows in the comments of one of his blogs.)

Keep in mind there are also women out there who are the exact opposite of this. I've met chicks who are pretty and don't realize it, and they way underrate their own appeal. In fact, some of these women have a lot of other things going for them beyond just their good looks (intelligent, easygoing personality, etc), and they also don't give themselves credit in those departments, either.

I find it fascinating that there are some really awesome girls out there who don't think very much of themselves and act extremely humble, and then you have ones like Joy who are awful in all ways, and think they're hot shit.

Blog Entries
    shout out to jussie smollett
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Her rebuttal to his blog back then is pretty funny

https://terrencechan.livejournal.com/164489.html?page=2

For a little more context, the first tweet about politics is what lead to Druff spinning out of control over crazy Joy.

Druff - how dare you call yourself a Republican?

Lady - err, I'm NOT a Republican and have NEVER EVER claimed to be one?

Druff - asfksjjsck@rzpujx#xj[a

http://pnimg.net/w/articles-attachments/1/4c2/74d75c36d2.jpg

Blog Entries
    real talk

that gif is embarrassing on many levels

an unattractive women that's liking what's being done to her while shes being 2019 violated
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Blog Entries
    I should explain a bit about my history with Emily Jillette.

I interacted with her back and forth in July, when I saw her linking to Snopes as a way to "prove" her political point when in a debate with someone else.

I explained to her that Snopes is a great source to use to debunk or verify internet hoaxes, but they're very biased politically. We then had an incredibly frustrating conversation where she refused to even consider that Snopes was biased, even though I linked her to various articles showing that they had zero transparency, zero accountability, and would not release any information regarding the processes they used to verify political claims. They also refused to disclose the political leanings of those making these decisions.

Still, she wouldn't budge. She then hung onto a claim that I couldn't link her to a single article where Snopes was biased. I was not at home when this discussion was going on, so I couldn't really look this up. However, another guy joined the discussion and posted a link to a very biased Snopes factual determination regarding a political claim. That still wasn't good enough, and she still danced around it, eventually lobbing insults, calling us "ignorant", etc.

Finally I gave up. I hadn't interacted with her in many months, until I saw her responding to Anna Khait about something political, and looked at Emily's tweets. Again, just as she had 7 months ago, Emily was constantly bashing Trump and Republicans in her public postings, but I couldn't find a single bash of the left or Democratic politicians. I had recalled that in July she had insisted she was a "Republican" or "conservative" (I forget which one), so I brought that up, and asked why her criticism is always directed at the right.

She then claimed to be a libertarian, but my question still stood. A libertarian should have criticisms of both the left and the right, but hers are always aimed at the right.

I never got a real answer to that, as again it degenerated into insults and dancing around my question.

I don't care what her political leanings are, but I find it dishonest when someone is clearly on the left or right, and then pretends they're attacking the other side from the center.

gauchojake: you're not very good at this

Wow respect ppl who gossip for a living much?? They're a step or 2 up from being a suicide bomber that thinks they get 72 virgins in heaven

I interacted with her back and forth in July, when I saw her linking to Snopes as a way to "prove" her political point when in a debate with someone else.

I explained to her that Snopes is a great source to use to debunk or verify internet hoaxes, but they're very biased politically. We then had an incredibly frustrating conversation where she refused to even consider that Snopes was biased, even though I linked her to various articles showing that they had zero transparency, zero accountability, and would not release any information regarding the processes they used to verify political claims. They also refused to disclose the political leanings of those making these decisions.

Still, she wouldn't budge. She then hung onto a claim that I couldn't link her to a single article where Snopes was biased. I was not at home when this discussion was going on, so I couldn't really look this up. However, another guy joined the discussion and posted a link to a very biased Snopes factual determination regarding a political claim. That still wasn't good enough, and she still danced around it, eventually lobbing insults, calling us "ignorant", etc.

Finally I gave up. I hadn't interacted with her in many months, until I saw her responding to Anna Khait about something political, and looked at Emily's tweets. Again, just as she had 7 months ago, Emily was constantly bashing Trump and Republicans in her public postings, but I couldn't find a single bash of the left or Democratic politicians. I had recalled that in July she had insisted she was a "Republican" or "conservative" (I forget which one), so I brought that up, and asked why her criticism is always directed at the right.

She then claimed to be a libertarian, but my question still stood. A libertarian should have criticisms of both the left and the right, but hers are always aimed at the right.

I never got a real answer to that, as again it degenerated into insults and dancing around my question.

I don't care what her political leanings are, but I find it dishonest when someone is clearly on the left or right, and then pretends they're attacking the other side from the center.
    If she claims to be libertarian, she is hardly in the "center"

The Jillettes, both Penn and his wife, have been very publicly Libertarian for many, many years now.

There's zero chance Emily ever self-identified as conservative or republican on twitter.

In fact,
    @CursedDiamonds on twitter

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by monsterj View Post

If she claims to be libertarian, she is hardly in the "center"
    Libertarians are all over the place, but they're libertarians instead of Republicans or Democrats because they have issues with the ideologies of both parties

Most libertarians tend to be economically conservative and socially liberal.

However, the libertarians who are obsessed with bashing just one of the two parties tend to just be libertarians in name only, and wear the label just to give themselves outsider status or to give their bashes against the other party more credibility.

A "libertarian" shouldn't have years worth of vicious bashes against Trump and the right all over their Twitter, yet not a single critical word about the left.

Obviously that's not being genuine about your true political leanings, even if you are a leftist with certain libertarian views (such as 2nd amendment support).

Blog Entries
    I know that Penn is libertarian.

But he's been more honest and consistent about it. I've seen him bash the left and the right.

Emily clearly detests Trump and the right, yet I've never seen a cross word about left.

I could've sworn she said something about being a Republican or a conservative. Maybe she said she was registered Republican? I wasn't at home when she wrote it, and it was back in July, but I remember being shocked by it, given her constant right-bashing.

Thread Information