Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread: Joy Miller rears her ugly head again and bashes me on Twitter

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thesidedish View Post
    does she know there's a thread on the internet discussing her exact political views for some reason lol
    No, but I doubt she'd read it even if she were informed.

When Joy Miller ranted about me, and Emily asked what this was all about, I attempted to link her to a few stories regarding Joy's shady and reprehensible behavior in poker, and Emily refused to read them.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I run into fake conservatives all the time on social media.

Fake Conservative: I'm a conservative, but I think what the GOP has become is disgraceful. I see why they are being abandoned in droves.

Me: Okay, which particular policies of today are bothering you?

FC: All of them. The GOP is no longer a party of true conservatives.

Me: They support lower taxes across the board. You're not for that?

FC: What they claim are lower taxes across the board are just favoring the rich.

Me: So do you support raising the top tax rate for the rich?

FC: Of course. They're just hoarding money which is terrible for the economy.

Me: And the abortion stuff in the news lately... are you for or against late term abortion?

FC: I am for saving women's lives.

Me: So am I. So what about where the woman's life is not in danger?

FC: I feel that should be between the woman and her doctor. I don't want the government telling people what they should do.

Me: And what about immigration?

FC: The wall is stupid and wasteful. It won't work, either.

Me: So what immigration reform would you recommend?

FC: I haven't thought about what solution would be best, but it's definitely not a wall.

Me: And what about crime matters. Are you for the death penalty?

FC: No, it doesn't deter crime, and the government shouldn't have the right to put people to death.

Me: Are you for mandatory minimum sentencing for certain serious violent crimes, in order to prevent legislating from the bench?

FC: No, the judge should always have leeway. I don't like rigid guidelines.

Me: What about gay marriage?

FC: I'm fine with them doing what they want.

Me: How do you feel about transgenders and bathrooms?

FC: Let them use whichever bathroom they feel most comfortable using.

Me: Regarding terrorism against the US and its interests, do you believe Muslims are mostly responsible?

FC: No, white, non-Muslim people commit most terrorist acts in the US.

Me: What about per capita?

FC: That's not important. I don't think being Muslim influences someone's likelihood to commit an act of terror.

Me: What's your opinion about affirmative action?

FC: I don't mind it. Certain minority groups were treated so badly for so long in this country, they were at a big disadvantage or generations. This helps even that out.

Me: What do you feel we should do about our issues with health care?

FC: I would love to see a single payer plan. It works so well in Europe and Canada and just about every other first world country, I have no idea why we don't get with the program and try it here.

Me: What about drugs?

FC: Whatever people want to do in the privacy of their homes doesn't bother me.

Me: Okay... so now that we've gone through all of that, can you name even one conservative view you hold, even by the standards of, say, 20 years ago?

FC: Ummmm.... well, I'm fiscally conservative.

Me: LOL
    You just typed all of that out?

Took me about 5 minutes. Probably shorter than it took you to read the last few pages of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post

You just typed all of that out?

Took me about 5 minutes. Probably shorter than it took you to read the last few pages of this thread.
    You assuming I read any of this dog shit? Skimmed it at best. Saw your wall of text and just laughed.

:tldr
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by monsterj View Post

So you think this thread hasn't gone off the rails in several directions already?

Look at the thread title. Are we talking about Joy Miller right now?

I'm not "changing the conversation away" from anything.

You're clearly avoiding the question.

I think I have my answer. You're likely a fake conservative who still identifies as a real one, so you are on the side of a fake libertarian.

Makes sense.

But if I'm wrong, feel free to answer my questions and correct me.
    The Joy Miller part is clearly related directly to your trolling of Mrs. Jillette. My politics or definition have zero to do with it.

Calling someone a Democrat/Liberal when they clearly are not because they hate Trump is 5th grader logic. You can't win this argument.
    Of course your politics have something to do with it.

You are the only (supposed) non-leftist in this thread giving me a hard time about questioning Emily Jillette's true politics.

While I haven't memorized your posting history, nor have I searched it out, I don't recall you being particularly conservative.

You claim to be a conservative who hates Trump. That's fine.

If you really are a conservative, certainly you can tell us some of your conservative views, and which conservative politicians or media figures you do like.

This is relevant because you will turn out to be the ultimate hypocrite if you've been attacking me for questioning Emily Jillette's political identity while lying about yours the entire time.

But I'm not accusing you of anything. Go ahead and answer my questions, and then we will get to know you better.

does she know there's a thread on the internet discussing her exact political views for some reason lol

When Joy Miller ranted about me, and Emily asked what this was all about, I attempted to link her to a few stories regarding Joy's shady and reprehensible behavior in poker, and Emily refused to read them.

I mean do ppl usually click the other sides links when they say they have evidence trying to prove a point? here we're actually talking about her

Blog Entries

I mean do ppl usually click the other sides links when they say they have evidence trying to prove a point? here we're actually talking about her
    Well, go ahead and tweet it to her if you want.

I'm done talking to her for now, and she has me blocked anyway.

Well, go ahead and tweet it to her if you want.

I'm done talking to her for now, and she has me blocked anyway.

lol I aint doing it, I already hang out on the dregs of poker internet HEYYOOOOOO

Quote Originally Posted by monsterj View Post

The Joy Miller part is clearly related directly to your trolling of Mrs. Jillette. My politics or definition have zero to do with it.

Calling someone a Democrat/Liberal when they clearly are not because they hate Trump is 5th grader logic. You can't win this argument.
    Of course your politics have something to do with it.

You are the only (supposed) non-leftist in this thread giving me a hard time about questioning Emily Jillette's true politics.

While I haven't memorized your posting history, nor have I searched it out, I don't recall you being particularly conservative.

You claim to be a conservative who hates Trump. That's fine.

If you really are a conservative, certainly you can tell us some of your conservative views, and which conservative politicians or media figures you do like.

This is relevant because you will turn out to be the ultimate hypocrite if you've been attacking me for questioning Emily Jillette's political identity while lying about yours the entire time.

But I'm not accusing you of anything. Go ahead and answer my questions, and then we will get to know you better.
    I have been around these forums just as long as you, hell I think I posted on NWP before you even did. I am not going to get into a no true Scotsman argument with you about me. That's the bullshit you are trying to do in this post and it has failed miserably.

you can be a real conservative and hate trump, most libertarians would be against the wall and other cartoon shit Trump wants
    http://pokerfraudalert2.freeforums.net
    1 Peter 5:8 — "Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:"

Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

Druff, you have no fucking clue what you are talking about here. The leading libertarian think tank, The Cato Institute, has published several papers over the years that discuss how the War on Drugs has lead to racially biased policing in America, with blacks unfairly getting shit on the most by the enforcement of that policy.

Here’s one from 2011:
    https://object.cato.org/sites/cato.o...letterv9n1.pdf

Here’s another from 2017:
    https://object.cato.org/sites/cato.o...11-updated.pdf

You are arguing with me about something I already stated.

I acknowledged that libertarians think that the War on Drugs is "racist", and leads to blacks disproportionately taking the brunt of the arrests and sentencing.

While some liberals agree with them on this issue, that's a completely different issue than we've been seeing liberals whine about in recent years.

Ever since the Ferguson incident, liberals have been complaining that blacks are mistreated through excessive force by white police (and to a certain extent, even non-white police).

Libertarians have not made that one of their issues. Go look at the link to the libertarian platform regarding crime and punishment. They briefly mention the "racist War on Drugs", but race is not mentioned throughout the entire rest of their long statement.

Libertarians are concerned with policy, liberals tend to be more concerned with practice.

Libertarians want to see far less policing in general, especially when it comes to drugs.

Liberals want to see police handle black people in a far gentler manner than they believe is occurring.

Totally apples and oranges.

Libertarians are NOT typically into the whole social justice thing. They are more concerned with policies they deem unproductive and/or unfair.
    Libertarians with any brains don’t ignore practice. Fuck! John Stossel, a well-known libertarian journalist, often shows in his reports how the unintended consequences of supposedly well-meaning policies result in disastrous outcomes that are exactly the opposite of what the policies intended.

And a well-respected libertarian judge was probably the first former traditional conservative to speak out how the practice of implementing the War of Drugs resulted in massively detrimental unintended consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post
    There is only one scumbag here:

ME

Another example of libertarian John Stossel exposing the disastrous consequences of a well-meaning policy.

Face it, Druff. Your understanding of libertarianism is sophomoric at best.

ME

Fake Conservative: I'm a conservative, but I think what the GOP has become is disgraceful. I see why they are being abandoned in droves.

FC: What they claim are lower taxes across the board are just favoring the rich.

Me: And the abortion stuff in the news lately... are you for or against late term abortion?

FC: I feel that should be between the woman and her doctor. I don't want the government telling people what they should do.

FC: I haven't thought about what solution would be best, but it's definitely not a wall.

FC: No, it doesn't deter crime, and the government shouldn't have the right to put people to death.

Me: Are you for mandatory minimum sentencing for certain serious violent crimes, in order to prevent legislating from the bench?

Me: Regarding terrorism against the US and its interests, do you believe Muslims are mostly responsible?

FC: That's not important. I don't think being Muslim influences someone's likelihood to commit an act of terror.

FC: I don't mind it. Certain minority groups were treated so badly for so long in this country, they were at a big disadvantage or generations. This helps even that out.

FC: I would love to see a single payer plan. It works so well in Europe and Canada and just about every other first world country, I have no idea why we don't get with the program and try it here.

Me: Okay... so now that we've gone through all of that, can you name even one conservative view you hold, even by the standards of, say, 20 years ago?

Me = misinformed reactionary
    FC = classic libertarian

Comments

sonatine:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTickle View Post
    FC = classic libertarian
    Classic libertarians never supported soaking the rich with high taxes.

They also don't support affirmative action.

todge i think you need a lie down

Comments

splitthis: Ugly girl sensitivity training at least

Should probably start crushing hot dog on a stick again on a regular basis

FC = classic libertarian
    While I agree with your “Me” characterization, I’m gonna respectfully disagree with you on this characterization. Classic libertarians are essentially social Darwinists who believe that people have to survive/thrive on their own without any government assistance of any kind, past injustices be damned.

ME

Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

FC = classic libertarian
    While I agree with your “Me” characterization, I’m gonna respectfully disagree with you on this characterization. Classic libertarians are essentially social Darwinists who believe that people have to survive/thrive on their own without any government assistance of any kind, past injustices be damned.

Seems what you’re talking about I’d categorise as Anarcho-capitalism (“minarchist liberalism”)

Comments

Salty_Aus: The modern American libertarian IS an Anarcho-capitalist

FC = classic libertarian

Well, classic libertarians are mostly revolutionaries at heart.

Abolishing capitalism is a cornerstone of their beliefs. I'd hazard a guess that redistributing wealth would be an extremely high priority for a true classic/traditional libertarian.

I think your understanding is awry on what a classic libertarian actually is. Anarcho-capitalism seems to fit much better.

Nova Scotia's REAL #1 Webcam DJ sonatine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty_Aus View Post

Abolishing capitalism is a cornerstone of their beliefs. I'd hazard a guess that redistributing wealth would be an extremely high priority for a true classic/traditional libertarian.

I think your understanding is awry on what a classic libertarian actually is. Anarcho-capitalism seems to fit much better.

was there a shift from that utopian leftist ideology to neo-fascist constitutionalism at some point?

because the majority of facebook libertarians are essentially republicans whom feel their party is too leftist for their tastes, and they get absolutely scorched on the reg by the 'core' libertarians whose lives are measured out in selfies where they are making the "AOK" finger sign next to ron paul.

and the entirety of their moral compass is derived from an openly religious reverence for the constitution, of all things.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty_Aus View Post

was there a shift from that utopian leftist ideology to neo-fascist constitutionalism at some point?

because the majority of facebook libertarians are essentially republicans whom feel their party is too leftist for their tastes, and they get absolutely scorched on the reg by the 'core' libertarians whose lives are measured out in selfies where they are making the "AOK" finger sign next to ron paul.

and the entirety of their moral compass is derived from an openly religious reverence for the constitution, of all things.
    it sounds like the non-americans have a completely different (and even opposite) definition of libertarianism than americans

Thread Information