Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Joy Miller rears her ugly head again and bashes me on Twitter

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by monsterj View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

I guess you're trying to make the point that she only criticizes the party which is completely in control?

But that's not even consistent with today, as the Democrats have the House, and yet she hasn't changed her tweeting habits.

Shouldn't Occam's Razor apply here?

Someone obsessed with bashing the right (and ONLY the right) for years straight is probably on the left.

Simple, simple concept.
    We already proved to you that she has bashed the left, with many examples. If I can find an example of her bashing the left with a tweet from the day Trump got elected, will you apologize publicly to her on Twitter and link this thread?
    You mean, if you find a single example of her bashing the left versus her hundreds of tweets bashing the right, over the past 2.5 years?

And I'm supposed to publicly apologize to someone who has repeatedly insulted me and now blocked me?

That would be a big, gritty, in-your-face

Blog Entries
    Also, monsterj, your "many examples" of her "bashing the left" are all over 4 years old.

I already conceded that she was a real libertarian 4+ years ago.

However, a look at her Twitter shows that she's anything but a real libertarian at this point.

Do I have to repeat this 100 more times for you to understand?

BTW, I'm still waiting for you to describe your conservatism to me.

Even though she's conservative, Titania McGrath Is probably the best parody account on Twitter right now.

She's a Brit but makes plenty of reference to American issues.

Always gets people biting.

This is from just before.

http://pnimg.net/w/articles-attachments/1/4c2/74d75c36d2.jpg

Residential Neighborhood badguy23's Avatar
    I'm taking bets right now

That my Miller Thread coming up will beat this one by 5 pages?

Odds r -280 my thread beats this Miller thread by 5 pages

Druff is not allowed to bet on this.

Comments

IamGreek: Please don't
    Last edited by badguy23; 02-10-2019 at 06:42 PM.

We already proved to you that she has bashed the left, with many examples. If I can find an example of her bashing the left with a tweet from the day Trump got elected, will you apologize publicly to her on Twitter and link this thread?
    You mean, if you find a single example of her bashing the left versus her hundreds of tweets bashing the right, over the past 2.5 years?

And I'm supposed to publicly apologize to someone who has repeatedly insulted me and now blocked me?

That would be a big, gritty, in-your-face

Ahh, So you have an ever changing goal post with no way to prove you wrong. I cannot ever imagine why someone would block you

Comments

MumblesBadly: LOL! And Druff somehow thinks he won the argument with Emily because she blocked him!

Also, monsterj, your "many examples" of her "bashing the left" are all over 4 years old.

However, a look at her Twitter shows that she's anything but a real libertarian at this point.

What tweet are showing that she is not a "real libertarian" at this point? Because it seems like you are making a No True Scotsman fallacy(amongst others).

Comments

gimmick:

10 Pages and for what? Why is this so important? PLEASE Druff DO NOT put on agenda for next show. We got the point (or did we?). So much wasted energy I don't give a fuck what Emily tweets or doesn't. MAGA!

Blog Entries

What tweet are showing that she is not a "real libertarian" at this point? Because it seems like you are making a No True Scotsman fallacy(amongst others).
    So this is the second consecutive time in this thread that you ignored my request for you to answer about your own supposed conservatism, yet you've responded to other things I've written.

Avoiding the question?

Maybe it's starting to make sense why you get offended when someone is accused of faking their political affiliation.

Here is the libertarian position on crime and punishment: https://www.lp.org/issues/crime-and-justice/

Aside from a reference to the "racist war on drugs", there is zero mention of race, despite their position being markedly anti-police and anti-long-prison-sentence.

In a nutshell, libertarians believe that people should never be arrested for crimes which don't involve "force or fraud", and that long prison sentences and bad prison conditions just encourage criminals to eventually commit more crimes when released.

Notice that absent from that entire platform is any kind of claim that black people are unfairly targeted or abused by police.

The "racist war on drugs" criticism is one of policy, not policing practices, claiming that it's racist because black people are more likely to use and deal drugs, and therefore they are getting imprisoned more often in what libertarians feel is an unjust reason for imprisonment in the first place. (They feel nobody should go to prison for anything drug-related, dealing or otherwise.)

Given how strongly-worded this platform is against current crime-and-punishment tactics, you'd think we'd see something about black people being routinely abused by police, but it's completely absent.

Why do you think that is?

It's because libertarians are not social justice warriors. They want crime-related laws changed as a whole, but do not necessarily believe that black people accused of violent crimes are being mistreated or framed.

Druff, you have no fucking clue what you are talking about here. The leading libertarian think tank, The Cato Institute, has published several papers over the years that discuss how the War on Drugs has lead to racially biased policing in America, with blacks unfairly getting shit on the most by the enforcement of that policy.

Here’s one from 2011:
    https://object.cato.org/sites/cato.o...letterv9n1.pdf

Here’s another from 2017:
    https://object.cato.org/sites/cato.o...11-updated.pdf

Comments

GambleBotsSatire: shawn kemp level dunk
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post
    There is only one scumbag here:

ME

So this is the second consecutive time in this thread that you ignored my request for you to answer about your own supposed conservatism, yet you've responded to other things I've written.

Avoiding the question?

Maybe it's starting to make sense why you get offended when someone is accused of faking their political affiliation.
    Because Druff, it's clearly an attempt by you to change the conversation away from being beaten down. If you want my answers, create a new thread and quit trolling on your own topic that you started!

Classic leftist talking points from the distant past of two weeks ago.

Comments

monsterj: Stop it. He is already dead!

Crowe Diddly: it's almost like she is what she claims to be.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    Here is the libertarian position on crime and punishment: https://www.lp.org/issues/crime-and-justice/

Aside from a reference to the "racist war on drugs", there is zero mention of race, despite their position being markedly anti-police and anti-long-prison-sentence.

In a nutshell, libertarians believe that people should never be arrested for crimes which don't involve "force or fraud", and that long prison sentences and bad prison conditions just encourage criminals to eventually commit more crimes when released.

Notice that absent from that entire platform is any kind of claim that black people are unfairly targeted or abused by police.

The "racist war on drugs" criticism is one of policy, not policing practices, claiming that it's racist because black people are more likely to use and deal drugs, and therefore they are getting imprisoned more often in what libertarians feel is an unjust reason for imprisonment in the first place. (They feel nobody should go to prison for anything drug-related, dealing or otherwise.)

Given how strongly-worded this platform is against current crime-and-punishment tactics, you'd think we'd see something about black people being routinely abused by police, but it's completely absent.

Why do you think that is?

It's because libertarians are not social justice warriors. They want crime-related laws changed as a whole, but do not necessarily believe that black people accused of violent crimes are being mistreated or framed.

Druff, you have no fucking clue what you are talking about here. The leading libertarian think tank, The Cato Institute, has published several papers over the years that discuss how the War on Drugs has lead to racially biased policing in America, with blacks unfairly getting shit on the most by the enforcement of that policy.

Here’s one from 2011:
    https://object.cato.org/sites/cato.o...letterv9n1.pdf

Here’s another from 2017:
    https://object.cato.org/sites/cato.o...11-updated.pdf

You are arguing with me about something I already stated.

I acknowledged that libertarians think that the War on Drugs is "racist", and leads to blacks disproportionately taking the brunt of the arrests and sentencing.

While some liberals agree with them on this issue, that's a completely different issue than we've been seeing liberals whine about in recent years.

Ever since the Ferguson incident, liberals have been complaining that blacks are mistreated through excessive force by white police (and to a certain extent, even non-white police).

Libertarians have not made that one of their issues. Go look at the link to the libertarian platform regarding crime and punishment. They briefly mention the "racist War on Drugs", but race is not mentioned throughout the entire rest of their long statement.

Libertarians are concerned with policy, liberals tend to be more concerned with practice.

Libertarians want to see far less policing in general, especially when it comes to drugs.

Liberals want to see police handle black people in a far gentler manner than they believe is occurring.

Totally apples and oranges.

Libertarians are NOT typically into the whole social justice thing. They are more concerned with policies they deem unproductive and/or unfair.

Blog Entries

Avoiding the question?

Because Druff, it's clearly an attempt by you to change the conversation away from being beaten down. If you want my answers, create a new thread and quit trolling on your own topic that you started!

So you think this thread hasn't gone off the rails in several directions already?

Look at the thread title. Are we talking about Joy Miller right now?

I'm not "changing the conversation away" from anything.

You're clearly avoiding the question.

I think I have my answer. You're likely a fake conservative who still identifies as a real one, so you are on the side of a fake libertarian.

Makes sense.

But if I'm wrong, feel free to answer my questions and correct me.

Blog Entries
    I'm still waiting for any tweets criticizing leftists. All we're seeing here is that she's not for high taxation of rich people (which isn't shocking, since her husband makes a lot of money.)

I stated that I believe Emily Jillette is a now a lefitst with some libertarian leanings.

Clearly her view of taxation is one of those libertarian leanings.

Quote Originally Posted by gimmick View Post
    Classic leftist talking points from the distant past of two weeks ago.

Time to pour yourself a high calorie, non-alcoholic beverage and simmer down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    I am a nice human being who enjoys being upbeat and affable with others

So you think this thread hasn't gone off the rails in several directions already?

Look at the thread title. Are we talking about Joy Miller right now?

I'm not "changing the conversation away" from anything.

You're clearly avoiding the question.

I think I have my answer. You're likely a fake conservative who still identifies as a real one, so you are on the side of a fake libertarian.

Makes sense.

But if I'm wrong, feel free to answer my questions and correct me.
    The Joy Miller part is clearly related directly to your trolling of Mrs. Jillette. My politics or definition have zero to do with it.

Calling someone a Democrat/Liberal when they clearly are not because they hate Trump is 5th grader logic. You can't win this argument.

Comments

MumblesBadly: He can

I wonder if Penn could make Joy Miller’s meat curtains disappear in real life too?
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

does she know there's a thread on the internet discussing her exact political views for some reason lol

Blog Entries
    I run into fake conservatives all the time on social media.

Fake Conservative: I'm a conservative, but I think what the GOP has become is disgraceful. I see why they are being abandoned in droves.

Me: Okay, which particular policies of today are bothering you?

FC: All of them. The GOP is no longer a party of true conservatives.

Me: They support lower taxes across the board. You're not for that?

FC: What they claim are lower taxes across the board are just favoring the rich.

Me: So do you support raising the top tax rate for the rich?

FC: Of course. They're just hoarding money which is terrible for the economy.

Me: And the abortion stuff in the news lately... are you for or against late term abortion?

FC: I am for saving women's lives.

Me: So am I. So what about where the woman's life is not in danger?

FC: I feel that should be between the woman and her doctor. I don't want the government telling people what they should do.

Me: And what about immigration?

FC: The wall is stupid and wasteful. It won't work, either.

Me: So what immigration reform would you recommend?

FC: I haven't thought about what solution would be best, but it's definitely not a wall.

Me: And what about crime matters. Are you for the death penalty?

FC: No, it doesn't deter crime, and the government shouldn't have the right to put people to death.

Me: Are you for mandatory minimum sentencing for certain serious violent crimes, in order to prevent legislating from the bench?

FC: No, the judge should always have leeway. I don't like rigid guidelines.

Me: What about gay marriage?

FC: I'm fine with them doing what they want.

Me: How do you feel about transgenders and bathrooms?

FC: Let them use whichever bathroom they feel most comfortable using.

Me: Regarding terrorism against the US and its interests, do you believe Muslims are mostly responsible?

FC: No, white, non-Muslim people commit most terrorist acts in the US.

Me: What about per capita?

FC: That's not important. I don't think being Muslim influences someone's likelihood to commit an act of terror.

Me: What's your opinion about affirmative action?

FC: I don't mind it. Certain minority groups were treated so badly for so long in this country, they were at a big disadvantage or generations. This helps even that out.

Me: What do you feel we should do about our issues with health care?

FC: I would love to see a single payer plan. It works so well in Europe and Canada and just about every other first world country, I have no idea why we don't get with the program and try it here.

Me: What about drugs?

FC: Whatever people want to do in the privacy of their homes doesn't bother me.

Me: Okay... so now that we've gone through all of that, can you name even one conservative view you hold, even by the standards of, say, 20 years ago?

FC: Ummmm.... well, I'm fiscally conservative.

Me: LOL

I run into fake conservatives all the time on social media.

Fake Conservative: I'm a conservative, but I think what the GOP has become is disgraceful. I see why they are being abandoned in droves.

Me: Okay, which particular policies of today are bothering you?

FC: All of them. The GOP is no longer a party of true conservatives.

Me: They support lower taxes across the board. You're not for that?

FC: What they claim are lower taxes across the board are just favoring the rich.

Me: So do you support raising the top tax rate for the rich?

FC: Of course. They're just hoarding money which is terrible for the economy.

Me: And the abortion stuff in the news lately... are you for or against late term abortion?

FC: I am for saving women's lives.

Me: So am I. So what about where the woman's life is not in danger?

FC: I feel that should be between the woman and her doctor. I don't want the government telling people what they should do.

Me: And what about immigration?

FC: The wall is stupid and wasteful. It won't work, either.

Me: So what immigration reform would you recommend?

FC: I haven't thought about what solution would be best, but it's definitely not a wall.

Me: And what about crime matters. Are you for the death penalty?

FC: No, it doesn't deter crime, and the government shouldn't have the right to put people to death.

Me: Are you for mandatory minimum sentencing for certain serious violent crimes, in order to prevent legislating from the bench?

FC: No, the judge should always have leeway. I don't like rigid guidelines.

Me: What about gay marriage?

FC: I'm fine with them doing what they want.

Me: How do you feel about transgenders and bathrooms?

FC: Let them use whichever bathroom they feel most comfortable using.

Me: Regarding terrorism against the US and its interests, do you believe Muslims are mostly responsible?

FC: No, white, non-Muslim people commit most terrorist acts in the US.

Me: What about per capita?

FC: That's not important. I don't think being Muslim influences someone's likelihood to commit an act of terror.

Me: What's your opinion about affirmative action?

FC: I don't mind it. Certain minority groups were treated so badly for so long in this country, they were at a big disadvantage or generations. This helps even that out.

Me: What do you feel we should do about our issues with health care?

FC: I would love to see a single payer plan. It works so well in Europe and Canada and just about every other first world country, I have no idea why we don't get with the program and try it here.

Me: What about drugs?

FC: Whatever people want to do in the privacy of their homes doesn't bother me.

Me: Okay... so now that we've gone through all of that, can you name even one conservative view you hold, even by the standards of, say, 20 years ago?

FC: Ummmm.... well, I'm fiscally conservative.

Me: LOL
    You just typed all of that out?

It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Thread Information