Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ebay's mgmt is running company into the ground

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by mulva View Post
    ebay has now reduced the amount of items you can list for free to 20 from 30

here's the stupidity in certain listings like collectibles you can list 20 additional for free...so you get 40

i went to sell an item and ebay wanted me to pay 0.30 to list it because i had used up my 20 free per month. ..lol..i stuck the listing in some collectible category and it was free. if ebay sees it they will remove it, but that kind of stuff rarely happens.

ebay and paypal have split.

i guess the only positive that ebay delivers is that the seller fees are only 10% still...and i'm always trying to get around this w/ high price items.

it's sad ebay gives shipping and final value fee % back discounts to certain sellers

craigslist really needs to enter into the action bizness..how could they not make a killing, and subsequently make things better for the little guy, and make ebay give more benefits.

Ebay is useless, haven't even logged in a long time. fees drove me away. Craigslist is starting to become useless. If craigslist doesn't do something soon, they will become irrelevant. Why do I say this?

Facebook groups. They are the "new craigslist". And it's soooo much better.

Ive bought and sold multiple items for free and with ease. Unlike Craigs, you can scroll through items instantly while on FB, You have a view of who you are dealing with, can of course message back and forth instantly, and lets face it...who doesn't use facebook these days. Many people still don't even know about them, but its only a matter of time before word spreads. most cities around me have a buy sell group with thousands of members. There are even groups for specific categories. The only thing that depends on what groups are out there is if someone sets it up or not and maintains it. The only thing I can't see the groups being optimal for is for buying/selling certain specialty items that people don't normally search for, which would be better advertised on a site like ebay which reaches a much larger audience.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordman View Post
    ebay has now reduced the amount of items you can list for free to 20 from 30

here's the stupidity in certain listings like collectibles you can list 20 additional for free...so you get 40

i went to sell an item and ebay wanted me to pay 0.30 to list it because i had used up my 20 free per month. ..lol..i stuck the listing in some collectible category and it was free. if ebay sees it they will remove it, but that kind of stuff rarely happens.

ebay and paypal have split.

i guess the only positive that ebay delivers is that the seller fees are only 10% still...and i'm always trying to get around this w/ high price items.

it's sad ebay gives shipping and final value fee % back discounts to certain sellers

craigslist really needs to enter into the action bizness..how could they not make a killing, and subsequently make things better for the little guy, and make ebay give more benefits.

Ebay is useless, haven't even logged in a long time. fees drove me away. Craigslist is starting to become useless. If craigslist doesn't do something soon, they will become irrelevant. Why do I say this?

Facebook groups. They are the "new craigslist". And it's soooo much better.

Ive bought and sold multiple items for free and with ease. Unlike Craigs, you can scroll through items instantly while on FB, You have a view of who you are dealing with, can of course message back and forth instantly, and lets face it...who doesn't use facebook these days. Many people still don't even know about them, but its only a matter of time before word spreads. most cities around me have a buy sell group with thousands of members. There are even groups for specific categories. The only thing that depends on what groups are out there is if someone sets it up or not and maintains it. The only thing I can't see the groups being optimal for is for buying/selling certain specialty items that people don't normally search for, which would be better advertised on a site like ebay which reaches a much larger audience.
    craigslist allows for more flakes to enter in the fray because everything is free. i love the email harvesters that respond to your item and ask "is item available" i remember seeing these when i use to frequent black hat sites for scripts and things. it's amazing what programs are available and what they can do.

craigslist could make a dent in ebay. ebay is just squeezing out the little seller w/ every move they make. and that seems their plan
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    really surprised ebay hasn't upped the 10% fees. an increase has to be looming soon. nobody will do shit about it except complain a little more. just like NFL games...people base their lives around this stupid sport ruined by officiating and Ireplay. nobody cares how shitty the product is and the wrongful/incorrect results....people are stupid and it gives people something to live for. and ebay is just like this and any money maker..take, take, take.

it's pretty clear they could up the fees to the smaller operations but they punish them in other ways to make up for it.

even ebay's cash back ebay bucks programs has been revised. now you must buy enough stuff to hit 5 dollars ebay bucks in order to use it. if not you lose it.

no news is always good news on the ebay front...and ebay rarely gives any members much back
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I didn't want to make a new thread, but I'm revisiting my options for selling certain items online. Im curious to see what everyone is using these days to sell

Normally ive been just using FB groups/craigs for selling basic shit, but I have some "specialty" items that would not work well to sell using those sites; I need a larger audience.

I have an ebay account but havent logged in in years, and have been driven away by their ridiculous fees etc.

Have their selling fees improved since this thread?

Or is there sites any of you would recommend to sell higher end stuff?

Example:

-A bunch of Waterford Crystal wine glasses

-An Atmos clock

those are a couple of things im going to sell, and I know its going to need a bigger audience to get a buyer and a better price.

Thoughts?

Load Metric
    I didn't want to make a new thread, but I'm revisiting my options for selling certain items online. Im curious to see what everyone is using these days to sell

Normally ive been just using FB groups/craigs for selling basic shit, but I have some "specialty" items that would not work well to sell using those sites; I need a larger audience.

I have an ebay account but havent logged in in years, and have been driven away by their ridiculous fees etc.

Example:

-An Atmos clock

those are a couple of things im going to sell, and I know its going to need a bigger audience to get a buyer and a better price.

Thoughts?
    Ebay is stil the best place to get the best price on high end or rare items. Downside is between Ebay and Paypal you lose 12.5% to them on entire sale including shipping. You do get 50 free listings a month, after that variable listing costs up to 25 cents a listing. Dont sell international because shipping can cost more than item and you are still paying ebay and paypal 12.5% of that shipping cost. If you buy a store at the beginning of the year, its 20 dollars a month that gets you 500 free listings a month. Your overall final value fee drops 1% up to 4% and what amounts to 12 rolls of shipping tape every 3 months.

Etsy allows vintage items to be sold, they only charge 3.5% of sale not including shipping so much more % in your pocket. There is not as much an audience here and each listing costs 20 cents so if your stuff doesnt sell you pay regardless. Plus side you listing stays active for 3 months as opposed to Ebays one month.

Larger unshippable items are best sold local Craigslist or Garage sale websites. I've sold on Craigslist for over 20 years and never had a problem. Some people will drive long distances for stuff if it is good quality.

Amazon is bs for me, only allow you to charge 4 bucks on an actual 20 dollar shipping charge and they rape you on final value fees. Do not recommend at all.
    Last edited by splitthis; 10-21-2017 at 05:52 AM.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post

Example:

-An Atmos clock

Thoughts?
    Ebay is stil the best place to get the best price on high end or rare items. Downside is between Ebay and Paypal you lose 12.5% to them on entire sale including shipping. You do get 50 free listings a month, after that variable listing costs up to 25 cents a listing. Dont sell international because shipping can cost more than item and you are still paying ebay and paypal 12.5% of that shipping cost. If you buy a store at the beginning of the year, its 20 dollars a month that gets you 500 free listings a month. Your overall final value fee drops 1% up to 4% and what amounts to 12 rolls of shipping tape every 3 months.

Etsy allows vintage items to be sold, they only charge 3.5% of sale not including shipping so much more % in your pocket. There is not as much an audience here and each listing costs 20 cents so if your stuff doesnt sell you pay regardless. Plus side you listing stays active for 3 months as opposed to Ebays one month.

Larger unshippable items are best sold local Craigslist or Garage sale websites. I've sold on Craigslist for over 20 years and never had a problem. Some people will drive long distances for stuff if it is good quality.

Amazon is bs for me, only allow you to charge 4 bucks on an actual 20 dollar shipping charge and they rape you on final value fees. Do not recommend at all.

Sorry for the belated response, but thank you for your insight. Yes, i too was skeptical of the whole Amazon thing; hopefully they get their act together in the future.

My research pretty much landed on Ebay/Paypal being the lesser of the evils these days, but it was nice to get your opinion. Im going to go this route for now, but hopefully we get better avenues in the future.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    ebay..lol. if you sell there it's only a matter of time yu will get fucked...when a buyer says jump a seller says how HIGH. EBay has placed all the power in the buyers hands and all the burden on the sellers and this unfortunately will not change.

EBay's buyer protection is exactly as described and nothing but a kangaroo court as they always decide in favor of the buyer.

Load Metric
    ebay..lol. if you sell there it's only a matter of time yu will get fucked...when a buyer says jump a seller says how HIGH. EBay has placed all the power in the buyers hands and all the burden on the sellers and this unfortunately will not change.

EBay's buyer protection is exactly as described and nothing but a kangaroo court as they always decide in favor of the buyer.
    It used to be a buyers paradise, but has changed somewhat due to scamming buyers. You do have option now to report buyers, and as long as you are truthful in description and pictures, and have buyer pays return shipping, there should not be a problem. I miss the early ebay days when fees were low and shipping was cheap, still on track for 40k in sales this year, not bad for part time fun work. Market is more flooded than in years past, but the rare items are still rare, and to me if I find something for a buck and turn it into 20, thats better return than most stocks, with no risk.

Thread Information