Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Salesman

Load Metric
    Many moons ago (20+ years) I took a sales job for a legal firm which involved me cold-calling random companies out of the business directory. It was important I got hold of the CEO or MD.

From there, I would ask them if other companies had gone bankrupt while owing them money? Normally they had, but the CEO would say they've already written it off as there's no way to recoup that money once the company went bust.

This is where I stepped in to explain a new change in the law, which now allowed Him to go after their personal assets even if the company went busto 2-3 years previous. This would always get me their full attention.

My job was to explain that we had a crack team of lawyers who would go after the individuals involved and take them for everything they're worth. House/cars etc.

At this point, I'd have the cunt drooling down the phone at the thought of legally sticking it up the arse of the guy/s who fucked them over, sometimes for hundreds of thousands of pounds.

I was to then arrange an appointment with one of our lawyers who would explain to him further about the way forward. Our fee was £5,000 up front and a percentage of whatever we recouped back. My cut was 2% of whatever our lawyer got upfront from the CEO.

It was easy work and good money.

About 2 months into the job I went to a football game with my boss in London, where he drunkenly told me that, apart from the cold-callers in the office (me and several others), there were only 3 people total who worked for the company.

Who were... Himself, his bird, and the lawyer guy who met with the CEO's and promised them the world. Obv he wasn't even a lawyer, just a solid bullshitter who would always leave the meeting with a five grand cheque.

Needless to say, no company ever got a penny back from old bad debts.

It was a truly brilliant but hideous scam. Honestly don't know how he slept at night.

And no, I didn't stay at the firm.

Comments

Belly Buster: caveat emptor, bitches!

gimmick:
    http://pnimg.net/w/articles-attachments/1/4c2/74d75c36d2.jpg

Diamond
    Load Metric
    salesman are annoying, always saying "u know what I mean" or "see what im saying" in casual conversations when they're not working

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    Selling shit at a kiosk or retail store is completely different from high level b2b sales

stop lumping in clowns who hawk coupon books and guys who write multi million dollar deals

it's insulting
    Totally agree, Druff's take on salespeople is ignorant and boorish.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Fraud View Post
    Many moons ago (20+ years) I took a sales job for a legal firm which involved me cold-calling random companies out of the business directory. It was important I got hold of the CEO or MD.

From there, I would ask them if other companies had gone bankrupt while owing them money? Normally they had, but the CEO would say they've already written it off as there's no way to recoup that money once the company went bust.

This is where I stepped in to explain a new change in the law, which now allowed Him to go after their personal assets even if the company went busto 2-3 years previous. This would always get me their full attention.

My job was to explain that we had a crack team of lawyers who would go after the individuals involved and take them for everything they're worth. House/cars etc.

At this point, I'd have the cunt drooling down the phone at the thought of legally sticking it up the arse of the guy/s who fucked them over, sometimes for hundreds of thousands of pounds.

I was to then arrange an appointment with one of our lawyers who would explain to him further about the way forward. Our fee was £5,000 up front and a percentage of whatever we recouped back. My cut was 2% of whatever our lawyer got upfront from the CEO.

It was easy work and good money.

About 2 months into the job I went to a football game with my boss in London, where he drunkenly told me that, apart from the cold-callers in the office (me and several others), there were only 3 people total who worked for the company.

Who were... Himself, his bird, and the lawyer guy who met with the CEO's and promised them the world. Obv he wasn't even a lawyer, just a solid bullshitter who would always leave the meeting with a five grand cheque.

Needless to say, no company ever got a penny back from old bad debts.

It was a truly brilliant but hideous scam. Honestly don't know how he slept at night.

And no, I didn't stay at the firm.

So basically the boss, bird and fake lawyer needed a gullible individual who never researched their job or even knew if it was a law to make the calls so they could collect the checks... and they hired you.

Comments

Lord of the Fraud: tough but fair assessment

Load Metric
    During my midlife crisis I 'dated' a dude who used to be in medical sales. He made a shit ton of money, but got caught up doing drugs with the docs he sold to. He got a handsome severence pay after not showing up at the morning convention where he was to speak after a hard night of drugs with the boys.

Sorry, cant relate to fucking up a great job by being a stupid asshole.

Weak fuckers, I should do drugs after some of my days, but I got what they call a Backbone.

Boo fucking hoo motherfuckers.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post
    During my midlife crisis I 'dated' a dude who used to be in medical sales. He made a shit ton of money, but got caught up doing drugs with the docs he sold to. He got a handsome severence pay after not showing up at the morning convention where he was to speak after a hard night of drugs with the boys.

Sorry, cant relate to fucking up a great job by being a stupid asshole.

Weak fuckers, I should do drugs after some of my days, but I got what they call a Backbone.

Boo fucking hoo motherfuckers.
    right on topic here.
    are you saying commission sales leads to drug dependency?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    There are some legit salesmen out there, primarily the aforementioned ones who work on big business-to-business deals.

I have no issue with those type of guys.

But I believe limitles' post was more aimed at the low-end shady salesmen working minimum wage plus commission.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    There are some legit salesmen out there, primarily the aforementioned ones who work on big business-to-business deals.

I have no issue with those type of guys.

But I believe limitles' post was more aimed at the low-end shady salesmen working minimum wage plus commission.
    Yes correct. Commission sales is all about incentive and it's not hard to get carried away with the whole system.
    No greater motivator than no sale, no pay check.
    I thought gauchojoke's and Tony's comments were ludicrous.
    Tony with his "boorish" theme once again

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post
    Druff's take on ________ is ignorant and boorish.
    Name:  Gene-rayburn-match-game-host1.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  53.0 KB

Load Metric
    Les you should get into timeshare sales

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    If you're a Bob Odenkirk or David Cross fan say no more
    Salesman is a skit from Bob and David that I somehow
    neglected from this thread.
    Both Bob and David are exceptional actors/comedians and it comes together
    in Salesman

todd you know I love you
    It's your damned software I hate
    but still

alright Gookie... you're a bud regardless of what I spout
    that's signed and delivered
    you can run amok for all I care
    I have your back

gookie rules

Last edited by limitles; 09-08-2019 at 08:44 PM.

Load Metric

Comments

Tellafriend: used cars was such a terrific movie for its time

Load Metric
    Was it for processing fees for the lottery, calling the elderly? If it was anything with scamming the elderly , those with dementia then I can't have empathy for you. Otherwise a fool and his money applies.

Thread Information