Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It just keeps getting worse for Phil Ivey

Load Metric
    For the sake of conversation.

Eliminate all those who commingled their funds with nefarious sites (Lederer/FTPJesus, etc).

My intuition is the One Drop winner, Estandiari, has the greatest net worth.

Given his extremely humble beginnings I suspect he is the most worldly and responsible.

The middle class kids who started in dorm rooms weren’t equipped to hang on to it.

What do you think?

Comments

ftpjesus: I wish I had some commingled funds ��

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

Eliminate all those who commingled their funds with nefarious sites (Lederer/FTPJesus, etc).

Given his extremely humble beginnings I suspect he is the most worldly and responsible.

The middle class kids who started in dorm rooms weren’t equipped to hang on to it.

What do you think?
    Estandiari right on , My guess Is Hellmuth

Load Metric

What do you think?
    I’d have easily guessed DNegs considering all that PS money he got plus his Hendon mob numbers back up he likely has 8 figures in the bank. But Hellmuth is a close second. Esfandiari didn’t have a lot of himself in the One Drop when he won.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ftpjesus View Post

What do you think?
    I’d have easily guessed DNegs considering all that PS money he got plus his Hendon mob numbers back up he likely has 8 figures in the bank. But Hellmuth is a close second. Esfandiari didn’t have a lot of himself in the One Drop when he won.
    I believe it was about $5 million out of the $18 million that Antonio won.

He bought a house in Venice, California for over $3 million with the winnings. He also owns a multi-million dollar condo in Las Vegas.

Hellmuth owns a house in Palo Alto, California worth over $7.5 million, originally bought for about $400K.

Negreanu's's house near Summerlin in Las Vegas is worth many millions of dollars.

Who's the richest? probably neither of them.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The question on everyone's mind when Phil Ivey was seen at the 2019 WSOP:

Why?

Why was Ivey playing, knowing that Borgata could seize any winnings?

I assumed it was because he was playing for points or sidebets or something, and was willing to give up the winnings.

Someone at the WSOP (who honestly didn't sound very reliable) claimed that a motion to go after his Nevada assets failed.

Well, that someone was wrong.

On June 18, Borgata won the right to 75% of Ivey's disposable income in Nevada, as well as seizure of his "real property" to satisfy the debt.

Then, on June 27, Borgata filed paperwork with the WSOP to seize his winnings from the ongoing $50k Poker Players Championship. Ivey was the chipleader and could have cashed over a million, but he ended up busting 8th for $124k. It's unclear if Borgata got that money.

There is now some speculation that Ivey played so terribly at the WSOP Main Event because he figured his winnings would be seized anyway, so his heart wasn't really into the whole thing.

Here's an article on Flushdraw about it: http://www.flushdraw.net/news/borgat...wsop-winnings/

Comments

duped_samaritan: hailey is such a great journalist

Load Metric
    Dumbass Ivey. If he had read my post above, he would have known what was coming. Sometimes there’s actually some good advice on PFA.

Rest In Peace
    Load Metric
    for my 2 cents...I say Eric seidel is the wealthiest and has 100s of millions as Ferguson ..

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Then, on June 27, Borgata filed paperwork with the WSOP to seize his winnings from the ongoing $50k Poker Players Championship. Ivey was the chipleader and could have cashed over a million, but he ended up busting 8th for $124k. It's unclear if Borgata got that money.

There is now some speculation that Ivey played so terribly at the WSOP Main Event because he figured his winnings would be seized anyway, so his heart wasn't really into the whole thing.
    Huh? When Erick Lindgren had his winnings confiscated by the WSOP a few years ago, somebody said that they could only do this once.

Why then can they confiscate Phil Ivey's winnings as many times as they want?

Or maybe you don't know what the fuck you are talking about when it comes to civil forfeiture?

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post

Huh? When Erick Lindgren had his winnings confiscated by the WSOP a few years ago, somebody said that they could only do this once.
    Nah. A judgment creditor can keep going until its judgment is paid off in full, usually including costs of collection. The creditor may have to renew its court papers authorizing the right to collect (like a writ of attachment), but that's not one and done.

Comments

Jayjami: Correct sir

Load Metric
    The question on everyone's mind when Phil Ivey was seen at the 2019 WSOP:

Why?

Why was Ivey playing, knowing that Borgata could seize any winnings?

I assumed it was because he was playing for points or sidebets or something, and was willing to give up the winnings.

Someone at the WSOP (who honestly didn't sound very reliable) claimed that a motion to go after his Nevada assets failed.

Well, that someone was wrong.

On June 18, Borgata won the right to 75% of Ivey's disposable income in Nevada, as well as seizure of his "real property" to satisfy the debt.

Here's an article on Flushdraw about it: http://www.flushdraw.net/news/borgat...wsop-winnings/
    Am I the only one disgusted by the fact the listed costs and fees actually exceed the original judgement amount meaning those clowns are seeking over $20M from Ivey.. I hope he never pays them anything.. Screw them he can play in Europe and Asia and thieves cant touch shit!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    They're going to make a movie about Ivey's partner in this, and Akwafina has been tapped to play her:

https://collider.com/awkwafina-kelly...e-poker-movie/

Working title is "The Baccarat Machine".

Thread Information