Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No receipt or "Do you want a receipt"

Load Metric

No receipt or "Do you want a receipt"

OK, just picked up a pizza and the guy didn't give a receipt --- I don't think I saw him ring it up.

Last week he asked if I needed a receipt.

I mean, it's obvious what's going on. Should I just get a receipt or give these kids a few more spending bucks while they're in high school?

Especially if they're not pocketing it, I think they should be forcefully giving a receipt to make it look like there's no impropriety.

Load Metric
    You hate trees or something?
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I had some old Mexican woman pull this at the drive thru at Carls Jr at midnight.

I went through to get a shake. Clearly she didn't ring anything up and was just going to pocket my cash.

Was on the fence whether to report this or not. Decided to say something because I know a lot of these franchises barely get by, and the last thing they need is some employee stealing from them.

So I reported it the next day and the general manager didn't give a shit. She was even confused why I was reporting this. LOL!!

So that was that.

Comments

unchainedghost: You can't fucking help yourself, but which is hilarious. But seriously loose your coin purse

Lord of the Fraud: Grass

JACKDANIELS: not cool todger

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I had some old Mexican woman pull this at the drive thru at Carls Jr at midnight.

I went through to get a shake. Clearly she didn't ring anything up and was just going to pocket my cash.

Was on the fence whether to report this or not. Decided to say something because I know a lot of these franchises barely get by, and the last thing they need is some employee stealing from them.

So I reported it the next day and the general manager didn't give a shit. She was even confused why I was reporting this. LOL!!

So that was that.
    That's funny...maybe the GM like really doesn't get it...or is in on grift.

I like it when there's that sign that says "No receipt? Your order is free! Call this phone number" on the cashier facing me. I wonder if there's really a reason this is not just instant thing. And I'm not buying the save a tree argument.

Re: the part bolded in Druff's response, it's true, the $ belongs to the franchise owner whether he's just gettin' by or a fat cat.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

So that was that.
    What the fuck do you care whether some minimum wage earner hands you a receipt or not.
    You won't use that receipt in any way shape or form, so you then become some fat midnight
    slurping shake apostle. go fuck a goat

You are one of the dumbest posters on this forum without question
    You sucking shakes at midnight.....loooooooooooser

"So I reported it the next day and the general manager didn't give a shit. She was even confused why I was reporting this. LOL!!"

Can you believe what you've just read... this fat fuck without a brain reported some late night employee
    over a goddamn shake......
    You can't make this shit up
    Last edited by limitles; 02-01-2019 at 04:40 PM.

Load Metric

So that was that.
    Well fuck, this will be an hour long segment on the next radio show.

Load Metric
    its the owners problem, don't be a boy scout

employee theft/handouts to friend is a problem in fast food/take out places

I seen a few things to stop this:

1 - set your prices so that change has to be made...that usually requires the sale & change is calculated by the register

2 - encourage customers to ask for a receipt by have coupons on the receipt for free food/discount for future visits

3 - install security cams & compare customer count per camera to sales entries
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GrenadaRoger View Post
    its the owners problem, don't be a boy scout
    right, try being a man for one day

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post

So that was that.
    What the fuck do you care whether some minimum wage earner hands you a receipt or not.
    You won't use that receipt in any way shape or form, so you then become some fat midnight
    slurping shake apostle. go fuck a goat

You are one of the dumbest posters on this forum without question
    You sucking shakes at midnight.....loooooooooooser

"So I reported it the next day and the general manager didn't give a shit. She was even confused why I was reporting this. LOL!!"

Can you believe what you've just read... this fat fuck without a brain reported some late night employee
    over a goddamn shake......
    You can't make this shit up

All this coming from a guy who is post limited because he constantly shitposts on a forum.
    Your post is a great example of why you are only allowed to make 15 posts per day (or whatever the restriction is)

Comments

Tellafriend: just imagine being so shitty that you are post restricted on this sewar

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post
    loo9ooosers

careful, it's early in the night and you are already getting low on posts.... how pathetic.

Name:  limitlesssolution.jpg
Views: 319
Size:  27.0 KB

Platinum
    Load Metric
    IMO Druff and OP has a valid argument.

One person said "its the owners problem"

Yes, you're ultimately right, but wouldn't it be great for a citizen to be an actual good person and bring a potential theft or what have you to the owners attention? I know I would be very appreciative of that.

It actually happened to me several years back on a couple different occasions. I had several construction projects backed up in the hopper including a couple of roofing jobs, so i decided to hire a few more workers who were "recommended" by some acquaintances as being skilled and reliable at roofing.
    I gave them a project on an old 3 story home. You could barely see the roof unless you were of course away from the home a little ways. Everything seemingly went fine at first. I would set them up, and then let them get to work while i took off to attend to other matters, and check in from time to time. After a while, work went to a dead crawl. They had plenty of excuses about the slow progress pointing the blame elsewhere. I gave the benefit of the doubt and chalked it up to "shit happens", carry on.
    A few days into the project, a neighbor a few doors down approaches me while im making small talk with another neighbor about some things he wants done. He explains that he is pretty damn sure the work crew is taking some "extended breaks" smoking some shit on the roof. I was stunned but so appreciative that he brought this to my attention. He didnt have to. I felt stupid that i didn't pick up on it but it is what it is. Like i said i gave them the benefit of the doubt. Turns out he was right. One morning i left like normal and made sure they saw me leave, and parked around the corner out of view. I walked to the site and climbed the ladder catching them off guard. Sure enough, they are laid on their back sunning themselves while smoking away running out the clock.

Moral of the story.There is nothing wrong with trying to do the right thing and letting a business owner know. If it turns out to be nothing, then fine. However, personally, i wasnt some multimillion dollar business that could easily eat losses. That shit legit affects some entrepreneurs and their families.

Load Metric

So that was that.

A truly shitty move to pull.

What if there was another reason why she didn't snap ring it through and it cost it her job because you stuck your unwanted beak in?

And I bet if it was a young white MALE you wouldn't have looked back.
    http://pnimg.net/w/articles-attachments/1/4c2/74d75c36d2.jpg

Load Metric
    Druff and others might not know, but simple shit like sodas or shakes are probably allowed as free drinks for staff anyways, so these employees are just making a smart extra buck without it being accounted for in normal loss. Leave them be. One of my favorite burrito places here had a dude that would do that when I ordered a soda....appreciate the hustle.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordman View Post
    IMO Druff and OP has a valid argument.

One person said "its the owners problem"

Yes, you're ultimately right, but wouldn't it be great for a citizen to be an actual good person and bring a potential theft or what have you to the owners attention? I know I would be very appreciative of that.

It actually happened to me several years back on a couple different occasions. I had several construction projects backed up in the hopper including a couple of roofing jobs, so i decided to hire a few more workers who were "recommended" by some acquaintances as being skilled and reliable at roofing.

I gave them a project on an old 3 story home. You could barely see the roof unless you were of course away from the home a little ways. Everything seemingly went fine at first. I would set them up, and then let them get to work while i took off to attend to other matters, and check in from time to time. After a while, work went to a dead crawl. They had plenty of excuses about the slow progress pointing the blame elsewhere. I gave the benefit of the doubt and chalked it up to "shit happens", carry on.
    A few days into the project, a neighbor a few doors down approaches me while im making small talk with another neighbor about some things he wants done. He explains that he is pretty damn sure the work crew is taking some "extended breaks" smoking some shit on the roof. I was stunned but so appreciative that he brought this to my attention. He didnt have to. I felt stupid that i didn't pick up on it but it is what it is. Like i said i gave them the benefit of the doubt. Turns out he was right. One morning i left like normal and made sure they saw me leave, and parked around the corner out of view. I walked to the site and climbed the ladder catching them off guard. Sure enough, they are laid on their back sunning themselves while smoking away running out the clock.

Moral of the story.There is nothing wrong with trying to do the right thing and letting a business owner know. If it turns out to be nothing, then fine. However, personally, i wasnt some multimillion dollar business that could easily eat losses. That shit legit affects some entrepreneurs and their families.
    Nothing wrong true, but good deeds have a way of getting punished. I would not say anything unless I had a personal interest. After all, there is only one owner of the roofing company, but several workers affected...thus the odds of an unpleasant consequence are worse if one intervenes for the owner's benefit...so without any incentive, why bother butting in?

In your situation, it's possible the neighbor was upset about how long it was taking to finish the job...construction work is often noisy work that starts 7am, and can take up available street parking in the neighborhood. So the neighbor quite possibly was acting out of self interest when letting you know the workers were gold-bricking. Fortunately you found out and learned that employees lie...

if you are a wise owner, you do something to make sure you don't get taken advantage of again, such as sub-contract rather than employ, promote a trusted worker to foreman for the job, pay a bonus if finished timely, just turn down work or raise your prices to manage demand for your service---many things you can do to avoid the problem. Thus, with clear conscious I can say, "its the owner's problem".

As one gains experience in any business, the more problems you are aware of, and the wiser you become to avoid them....and sometimes it means cutting your profit margin

by the way...did your experience with cheating employees alter your political outlook from liberal to conservative? it does with many
    Last edited by GrenadaRoger; 02-01-2019 at 07:04 PM.
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Load Metric
    FFS! Use a bonus-whoring credit card for even tiny purchases at fast food chains. Only local/non-chain fast food likeky require a minimum amount to use a credit card. Awfully hard for them to pocket the CC receipt. But also ask for a receipt so that they don’t overcharge you.

#ProblemSolved
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    FFS! Use a bonus-whoring credit card for even tiny purchases at fast food chains. Only local/non-chain fast food likeky require a minimum amount to use a credit card. Awfully hard for them to pocket the CC receipt. But also ask for a receipt so that they don’t overcharge you.

#ProblemSolved
    This story doesn't add up.

Todd is credit card whore of whores.

Why the fuck would he pay cash anywhere like Carls Jr. that accepts cards with no minimum? "It's only a fraction of a penny!" ? Bullshit!

Load Metric
    Druff may be worried about getting his credit card info stolen? That's why he pays cash? Makes sense, I'm sure a shopping spree on one of druffs credit cards would net alot of loot, I'm just assuming he has high credit limits.....
    "Druff would suck his own dick if it were long enough"- Brandon "drexel" Gerson

"ann coulter literally has more common sense than pfa."-Sonatine

"Real grinders supports poker fraud"- Ray Davis

"DRILLED HER GOOD"- HONGKONGER

Silver
    Load Metric

So that was that.
    Manager at a McDonalds near me is responsible for checking $100 biils for authenticity. Guess what, every $100 this gal checked was fake. She told my friend when he was asked for it back "i have to call the police, this bill is counterfeit". My friend said "If you don't call them I will." Police come, bill is given back to my friend.

Nice try, Ms. Manager and a real nice scam!

Diamond Pro Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe's Avatar
    Load Metric
    some bitch at the dollar tree did this to me one time. I didn't say shit because A) not a snitch B) didn't have to pay the 9 cent tax on a bottle of Sunny D

Load Metric
    first of all you absolutely hate trees if you get receipts there is nothing worse than going to cvs and they print out this 9 page receipt of coupons that ull never use, 2nd todge out here doing midnight milk shake runs to fucking carls jr of all places is absolutely wild

Comments

Jayjami: Lol CVS receipts

Thread Information