Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: Jussie Smollett "attack"

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by donkdowndonedied View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    This entire incident makes a very strong case that most criminals are simply not very smart or good at what they do.

If you're going to stage a hate crime against yourself, you couldn't do much of a worse job than this.

Most criminals? You mean the ones that are caught?

This uhhhh person set back liberal causes a month.

I was all over the kids in the MAGA hats. I felt it became viral before media. Then media covered it because it was so strong of imagery even if misleading because it had already shot all over social media. I never heard about this Smollet shit until I started hearing rightwing friends talk about the media etc. LOL. Not sure why that is.. It did expose a lot of dumb hollywood types for being dumb.

It is all dumb tribal shit TBH. All these people getting worked up over this from either side are quite biased even though almost none of them realizse it.
    Well, of course people speaking loudest about this are biased. That's the case about most political/social issues.

But this really is a win for Trump and his supporters.

The media and idiot Hollywood types keep making themselves look stupid when they rant about "Trump's America" and all of its bigotry, and then it turns out the catalysts for their rants end up either being a hoax or something totally misleading.

If "Trump's America" is so bad, surely they could make actual incidents like this viral, right?

Jussie didn't realize it at the time, but he was doing Trump a huge favor by his actions. He knew the media was so eager for anti-Trump rhetoric that he felt he'd kill two birds with one stone, both making Trump/MAGA guys look bad AND making himself into a martyr and increasing his name recognition.

Instead, he fucked up his career and just made it look like that all the hype about increased bigotry under Trump is a big hoax.

Great job.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Agreed

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I think that his career is over because the left is going to quietly seethe that he helped Trump through his selfish actions, and set back awareness/sympathy for hate crimes.

Nobody is going to want to help him. Both sides of the political spectrum hate him at this point, though the left is keeping their hatred mostly bottled up, because they're afraid of looking like fools for initially suspending disbelief and ranting about his victimization.

Load Metric
    I think that his career is over because the left is going to quietly seethe that he helped Trump through his selfish actions, and set back awareness/sympathy for hate crimes.

Nobody is going to want to help him. Both sides of the political spectrum hate him at this point, though the left is keeping their hatred mostly bottled up, because they're afraid of looking like fools for initially suspending disbelief and ranting about his victimization.
    Doesn't really matter. The relevant part is that he's damaged goods now. Casting him starts with a negative prize tag. Spacey has less baggage and he can actually act with huge accolades.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    I’m kind of shocked the Nigerians didn’t just beat him to death and start living in his apartment and driving his car.
    I thought i heard they were supposedly raised in America and American citizens? Unless i heard wrong.

But yeah, Nigerian scammers on a whole new level.....

I was just going off devidees meme a few pages back. Never heard of this dude until this thread. Read a few posts, felt like bs. I mean, if he was on location in Mississippi, maybe, but then how many MAGA hat wearing diudes watch a black tv show? Plus most MAGA people, ime, are old or quite young. Only the old ones are racist and homophobic, but in their living rooms, not on the street. I see a lot of young MAGA kids, but it’s more likely half a troll than anything. And they aren’t jumping some actor in Chicago of all places. I hate Trump, but the only supporters of his I find particularly confrontational are really fucking rural people, and they keep that shit there.

Comments

Gordman:

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    i'm going to have to start using jussie statements as part of my quote repertoire.

you can use many in the poker world...

"he's pulling a jussie smollett".. for starters
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post

Its a felony, but he still got off light on that one IMO.

Im waiting with bated breath for the BIG one from the FBI.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    https://statelaws.findlaw.com/illino...duct-laws.html

Disorderly conduct charged as a felony may result in an increased punishment. A Class 4 felony may result in a term of imprisonment for one to three years, while a Class 3 felony can lead to a sentence of two to five years. For a Class 3 felony, the Illinois disorderly conduct laws specifically require a fine in an amount between $3,000 and $10,000.

For each sentence, state law requires an additional penalty of 30 to 120 hours of community service if available in the local area.

Load Metric
    Shit like this should have a huge sentence. 1-5 years, wtf is that weak shit?

He’s a grown ass adult. He knew what he was doing and got himself into. He didn’t make a mistake by accident. He did it on purpose. Life in prison!

Load Metric
    blakes wife still thinks the chicago police set him up and forced him to report this cuz lol black people

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lol wow View Post
    blakes wife still thinks the chicago police set him up and forced him to report this cuz lol black people
    Boogie and Boban clear chalk tomorrow night.

Load Metric
    honestly these last 4 days without nba dfs just brutal you people flaking my all star game invite was not ok though

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lol wow View Post
    honestly these last 4 days without nba dfs just brutal you people flaking my all star game invite was not ok though
    Hard pass. That shit really is unwatchable. No interest in watching 3 hours of uncontested layup and 3 point shot practice. I honestly would rather watch curling.

Load Metric
    sorry thats not a good enough excuse for you being a cuckold flake

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    He won't spend very long in prison, and in fact I think it's more likely he ends up pleading guilty and taking probation and agrees to mental health treatment.

I am surprised how lightly Fox is taking this whole thing. They have been shockingly supportive of him throughout this mess, including recently when it became 100% clear that he faked it. At this point, they are finally "considering suspending" him. Suspending? Considering? How can you not outright fire him for this?

Or are they perhaps afraid that an abrupt firing will anger Empire's black audience?

Since there's still plenty of anti-gay sentiment in black communities, I can't see them rallying behind him. Besides, I think it's clear to everyone at this point that he faked the whole thing.

Load Metric
    He won't spend very long in prison, and in fact I think it's more likely he ends up pleading guilty and taking probation and agrees to mental health treatment.

I am surprised how lightly Fox is taking this whole thing. They have been shockingly supportive of him throughout this mess, including recently when it became 100% clear that he faked it. At this point, they are finally "considering suspending" him. Suspending? Considering? How can you not outright fire him for this?

Or are they perhaps afraid that an abrupt firing will anger Empire's black audience?

Since there's still plenty of anti-gay sentiment in black communities, I can't see them rallying behind him. Besides, I think it's clear to everyone at this point that he faked the whole thing.
    His contract prolly doesn’t have a morality clause that would allow this. And as long as they continue to pay him for the duration of the contract even if his role in the show is effectively ended, he wouldn’t be able to sue for breach of contract.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

His contract prolly doesn’t have a morality clause that would allow this. And as long as they continue to pay him for the duration of the contract even if his role in the show is effectively ended, he wouldn’t be able to sue for breach of contract.
    I would be shocked if any actor's contract in 2019 doesn't have a morality clause -- especially the contract of a mostly unknown actor who wouldn't have the power to make demands.

Comments

blake: correct

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    In the meantime, while 20-24 detectives (!!) were assigned to investigate the Smollett case, Chicago is clearing 17% solving of murder cases, and no one seems to give a shit that a 1-year-old baby was shot in the head there: https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...219-story.html

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    On a side note, the corruption in Chicago still astounds me.

You'd think that, by this point, there would be some big story about it, and it would cause major reform and change as the rest of the nation fully wakes up to what's going on there.

But no.

Chicago is still as corrupt as ever, and it's just something residents over there find to be business as usual.

Chicagoans are like the long-battered wife from an upbringing of a battered mother, to where they just expect to be battered and don't really know any other way of life.

Rod Blagojevich was so used to the corrupt Chicago ways that he truly didn't understand what he did wrong when he was arrested for corruption. When your entire life is spent experiencing corruption at the government level, it's hard to imagine that being corrupt yourself can land you in prison.

If you ask the average person from Chicago about the corrupt government there, they just shrug and say, "We're used to it" or "That's the way government works."

Even the left-wing sitcom "Good Times" in the 1970s frequently made reference to the insane normalcy of Chicago corruption.

Corruption didn't really play a big part in this story, but it does seem to have some part in the fact that a crazily disproportionate number of detectives were assigned to this case, because it was one where everyone was watching, and they didn't want to screw it up on the national stage.

Load Metric
    On a side note, the corruption in Chicago still astounds me.

You'd think that, by this point, there would be some big story about it, and it would cause major reform and change as the rest of the nation fully wakes up to what's going on there.

But no.

Chicago is still as corrupt as ever, and it's just something residents over there find to be business as usual.

Chicagoans are like the long-battered wife from an upbringing of a battered mother, to where they just expect to be battered and don't really know any other way of life.

Rod Blagojevich was so used to the corrupt Chicago ways that he truly didn't understand what he did wrong when he was arrested for corruption. When your entire life is spent experiencing corruption at the government level, it's hard to imagine that being corrupt yourself can land you in prison.

If you ask the average person from Chicago about the corrupt government there, they just shrug and say, "We're used to it" or "That's the way government works."

Even the left-wing sitcom "Good Times" in the 1970s frequently made reference to the insane normalcy of Chicago corruption.

Corruption didn't really play a big part in this story, but it does seem to have some part in the fact that a crazily disproportionate number of detectives were assigned to this case, because it was one where everyone was watching, and they didn't want to screw it up on the national stage.
    On one of the interstates heading south from Chicagoland (I-57?), there are a series of small billboards on the edge of some farmland that read “ENOUGH” “IS” “ENOUGH”. Maybe they are referring to the corruption in Illinios politics.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Thread Information