Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Jussie Smollett "attack"

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by mulva View Post

Comments

RS_: you got duped

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by duped_samaritan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mulva View Post
    Yeah good one genius.

1 ) I've seen this video before Trump

2) That's not a MAGA hat

3) In any case, are you really trying to put this up against a rabid saliva drooling lunatic who loses his shit because someone is wearing a Trump hat?

Edit: I almost forgot- why would someone overseas wear a MAGA hat?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordman View Post
    Yeah good one genius.

2) That's not a MAGA hat

3) In any case, are you really trying to put this up against a rabid saliva drooling lunatic who loses his shit because someone is wearing a Trump hat?

fair enough

Name:  65673d06940e92e92a3c719e9f4442f5.png
Views: 530
Size:  1,002.6 KB

Comments

sah_24: god you are really dumb lol ...

gimmick:

Platinum
    Load Metric
    poor, poor jussie…

16 felony counts...that's some expensive ass stunt...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/celebri...cid=spartanntp

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordman View Post
    Yeah good one genius.

2) That's not a MAGA hat

fair enough

Name:  65673d06940e92e92a3c719e9f4442f5.png
Views: 530
Size:  1,002.6 KB
    Too bad we can't all be gentle Democrats like this guy:

Comments

MumblesBadly: Equating increasing taxes with sending pipe bombs? Are you fucking nuts???

Load Metric
    Figures he works for Fox.

Jussie Smollett Case: Grand Jury Returns 16 Counts Against ‘Empire’ Actor

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2019/03...ry-indictment/
    San Francisco crowned the ‘world’s best’ city to live: survey
    https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/...o-live-survey/

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Mark Geragos is representing Smollett in some capacity and has commented a lot on this case on Carolla.

Geragos is leaning real heavy into the “police misconduct” angle and not so much into the “Jussie is innocent” angle. At this point it seems even his own defense accepts Jussie is lying, and is going to try to minimize the damage by going after Chicago PD handling of the case.

Don’t feel to sorry for Geragos that he is going to probably take this one on the chin. He represented Kaepernick, so I am sure he made off very well there. He claimed all along they had a smoking gun proving collusion, and based on the NFL settling maybe they did.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    we luv u jussie
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Mumbles Badly
    Equating increasing taxes with sending pipe bombs? Are you fucking nuts???
    Mumbles, since you love google so much, try reverse-image googling the image I posted, and you'll understand what I meant.

No, I wasn't talking about the sign he was holding.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Touché, good sir. Touché.

Load Metric
    Just to be clear -

I was trying to point out how stupid it is to try and attack either the right or the left based on one idiot, or even several idiots doing something stupid.

Using Jussie Smollet to attack the left is just as dumb as using any idiot that commits a crime because of their conservative beliefs to attack the right.

We also shouldn't build a wall bc some illegal immigrants murder white girls once in a while.

We also shouldn't go nuts with gun restrictions because every once in a while some kid shoots up his high school.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Just to be clear -

I was trying to point out how stupid it is to try and attack either the right or the left based on one idiot, or even several idiots doing something stupid.

Using Jussie Smollet to attack the left is just as dumb as using any idiot that commits a crime because of their conservative beliefs to attack the right.

We also shouldn't build a wall bc some illegal immigrants murder white girls once in a while.

We also shouldn't go nuts with gun restrictions because every once in a while some kid shoots up his high school.
    We are attacking the left not because Jussie is a Democrat, but because so many prominent people on the left rushed to judgment, even when it was fairly obvious his story had more holes than a hunk of Swiss cheese.

And then there were the idiots like Ellen Page who lectured us that attacks like these were the fault of Trump's America.

The left should have taken a realistic look at this one, realized it smelled funny, and avoid commentary until the facts came out.

However, too many of them are trained like monkeys to jump at the first opportunity to vilify Trump and the right, so they threw caution to the wind.

Comments

devidee: Monkeys trained to jump rep

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Just to be clear -

We are attacking the left not because Jussie is a Democrat, but because so many prominent people on the left rushed to judgment, even when it was fairly obvious his story had more holes than a hunk of Swiss cheese.

And then there were the idiots like Ellen Page who lectured us that attacks like these were the fault of Trump's America.

The left should have taken a realistic look at this one, realized it smelled funny, and avoid commentary until the facts came out.

However, too many of them are trained like monkeys to jump at the first opportunity to vilify Trump and the right, so they threw caution to the wind.
    Druff, I agree with your calling out the rush to judgement, but I don’t believe you have heen so quick to make a big issue out of cases when idiots and bad actors on the right have done so. But feel free to correct me by pointing to a thread or significant post you have made on such occassions.

Comments

sah_24: The irony of libtard hypocrisy knows no bounds ...

gimmick:
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    I gotta say, I had no idea that this thread would get to almost 20 pages.

DISH IS GOD

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post
    I gotta say, I had no idea that this thread would get to almost 20 pages.

DISH IS GOD
    Screw dish.

I deserve the praise for this one. It was part of the Trump thread, and mostly being ignored (though credit to him for calling it out as BS before that was the common narrative).

I saw huge potential in the story (again, before it blew up) and separated it out into its own thread.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

Druff, I agree with your calling out the rush to judgement, but I don’t believe you have heen so quick to make a big issue out of cases when idiots and bad actors on the right have done so. But feel free to correct me by pointing to a thread or significant post you have made on such occassions.
    Can you point to a similar situation occurring recently or semi-recently on the right, where a fairly obvious hoax was accepted as fact, yet many prominent right wing figures ran with it anyway?

I can't think of one.

Keep in mind that I hate BS from all sides, and do call people out on right wing Facebook groups when they peddle bullshit, even when such bullshit is favorable to "our side".

BTW, I'm not talking about some sort of misinformation which is then spread virally as fact. That has happened on both sides, many times.

I'm talking about a case where a very suspicious hoax occurs, and the right falls for it, and sanctimoniously uses it as an example as to why they've been correct all along. I don't recall that happening anytime recently.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    It's also important to know that Jussie thought he could get away with his hoax because he was aware of how naive and gullible today's American left really is.

So here's the basic blueprint, which has been successfully utilized by others in recent years:

1) Be some kind of victim class -- black, gay, trans, female, Muslim, etc. The more of these categories you fit, the better.

2) The fictitious villains must be heterosexual, white males. Christian and/or Trump supporter is also helpful. It's important for there to be more than one villain, as this creates a sense of extra danger.

3) Manufacture a story where these villains attack or threaten you, and make sure these villains state in some way that it's solely because of the marginalized group(s) you're in.

4) Tell the story to various loudmouth social media SJW types, and wait for it to go viral.

5) Watch leftists everywhere pat themselves on the back for being empathetic and supportive, while they bring mass attention to you and donate money.

6) Profit.

This formula worked for the shady Gamergate women (Anita Sarkeesian, et all), and it has worked for others.

Unfortunately, Jussie made two big mistakes:

1) The entire fake attack was so badly planned, it boggles the mind.

2) He got other people involved, who quickly turned on him once the heat turned on them.

However, it was still initially successful, because today's left is so gullible and so desperate to find stories where they can whine about evil Trump supporters doing bad things to marginalized people.

Load Metric
    It's also important to know that Jussie thought he could get away with his hoax because he was aware of how naive and gullible today's American left really is.

So here's the basic blueprint, which has been successfully utilized by others in recent years:

1) Be some kind of victim class -- black, gay, trans, female, Muslim, etc. The more of these categories you fit, the better.

2) The fictitious villains must be heterosexual, white males. Christian and/or Trump supporter is also helpful. It's important for there to be more than one villain, as this creates a sense of extra danger.

3) Manufacture a story where these villains attack or threaten you, and make sure these villains state in some way that it's solely because of the marginalized group(s) you're in.

4) Tell the story to various loudmouth social media SJW types, and wait for it to go viral.

5) Watch leftists everywhere pat themselves on the back for being empathetic and supportive, while they bring mass attention to you and donate money.

6) Profit.

This formula worked for the shady Gamergate women (Anita Sarkeesian, et all), and it has worked for others.

2) He got other people involved, who quickly turned on him once the heat turned on them.

However, it was still initially successful, because today's left is so gullible and so desperate to find stories where they can whine about evil Trump supporters doing bad things to marginalized people.
    It’s funny because Donald Trump himself played a similar game on the many millions of folks who were so thoroughly triggerable because of Hillary derangement syndrome, thanks in no small part to all of the fake outrage perpetrated by rightwingers over Hillary’s emails and Benghazi.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

6) Profit.

It’s funny because Donald Trump himself played a similar game on the many millions of folks who were so thoroughly triggerable because of Hillary derangement syndrome, thanks in no small part to all of the fake outrage perpetrated by rightwingers over Hillary’s emails and Benghazi.
    Why does everything have to be compared to Trump?

What Trump did with Hillary was typical politics -- vilifying your opponent and playing up their faults/mistakes.

We are talking about something completely different here, where non-politicians have learned that they can play victim and easily manipulate the left into both making them famous and donating big money to them.

The left so badly wants to find victims of Trump-loving white males that they jump on any story of such supposed victimization, even if a lot doesn't add up.

They're about as critical an curious as Joe Sebok was when UB told him that he was working for the "new owners", and not the old owners who cheated people.

Yes, there were some smart people on the left who smelled a rat with all of this and held back comment, but there were plenty of dummies who jumped on this, and then equated it to the Trump era of this country. One of them, Kamala Harris, is a frontrunner to be the Democratic Presidential candidate in 2020. Lord help us.

Load Metric

Why does everything have to be compared to Trump?

What Trump did with Hillary was typical politics -- vilifying your opponent and playing up their faults/mistakes.

We are talking about something completely different here, where non-politicians have learned that they can play victim and easily manipulate the left into both making them famous and donating big money to them.

The left so badly wants to find victims of Trump-loving white males that they jump on any story of such supposed victimization, even if a lot doesn't add up.

They're about as critical an curious as Joe Sebok was when UB told him that he was working for the "new owners", and not the old owners who cheated people.

Yes, there were some smart people on the left who smelled a rat with all of this and held back comment, but there were plenty of dummies who jumped on this, and then equated it to the Trump era of this country. One of them, Kamala Harris, is a frontrunner to be the Democratic Presidential candidate in 2020. Lord help us.
    i think this is more about politics and less about stupidity for democratic politicians like kamala harris.

since it's hard to imagine white maga-loving empire fans stakling jussie on the coldest night in history, my guess is that dem politicians were just as skeptical as anyone else.

but politically, how do these politicians not come out and condemn it? tell me how you think the democratic base -- or more specifically the activist black and LGBT movement -- would have responded if, when asked about what happened to jussie, kamala harris would have said, "let's wait to see how this plays out" before we say we believe jussie smollett?

or how about, "senator harris, do you stand with jussie?" kamala: "no comment" or how about "well maybe, but let's make sure he didn't make all this up first." do you see how absurd statements like those would have played?

FOR GOD'S SAKE -- EVEN PRESIDENT TRUMP CAME OUT AND SAID WHAT HAPPENED TO JUSSIE WAS AWFUL

Thread Information