His high-powered attorney apparently has just jumped ship
    where'd you see this? i couldn't find it

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeD View Post
    His high-powered attorney apparently has just jumped ship
    where'd you see this? i couldn't find it
    Rafer Weigel twitter page. Sorry I’m on my iPad and don’t know how to link.

Load Metric
    Name:  IMG_20190217_203454.jpg
Views: 570
Size:  131.1 KB

Comments

sah_24: gold and so spot on !

Sloppy Joe:

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    i think we need a remake of this classic

Comments

Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe: a true classic
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Load Metric
    100% he concocted this plan himself.

The motive was a letter Fox studios received weeks earlier that Smollett felt didn't garner a reaction or any attention, so he then concocted this plan and even rehearsed it. Career suicide here unfolding right before our very eyes. What a fucking scumbag, and ofc it was "MAGA" people.

100% career suicide right here by one dumb motherfucker!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by garrett View Post
    100% he concocted this plan himself.

The motive was a letter Fox studios received weeks earlier that Smollett felt didn't garner a reaction or any attention, so he then concocted this plan and even rehearsed it. Career suicide here unfolding right before our very eyes. What a fucking scumbag, and ofc it was "MAGA" people.

100% career suicide right here by one dumb motherfucker!
    Speaking of suicide.....

Comments

wrenchjockey: Also would have accepted "dumb motherfucker"
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kmksmkn View Post
    Does anybody know if u can get a work visa for playing online poker in the UK
    I have had Issues with credit cards in Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Getting a little surf and turf tonight. In my world that is Sea Bass with a nice lobster tail on the side. And grilled asparagus. It's nice having money.

Load Metric
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    They are already reducing his role in Empire. Why don't they just fire him? https://deadline.com/2019/02/jussie-...sy-1202560053/

CBS Chicago stated the obvious, that the police has acknowledged that the threatening letter he received was sent by him: https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2019/02...others-attack/

Supposedly Jussie thought the letter would be a huge deal and would get him a bunch of attention. When it was largely dismissed and got no play in the press, he concocted the attack.

Why were so many people on the left so stupid to believe the initial story? No part of it was ever believable.

The below rant by Ellen Page did not age very well.

Load Metric
    tmz put a bow on this like yesterday:

Jussie Smollett rehearsed the "attack" against him days before the incident and it was all staged for the camera, this according to what the 2 brothers told cops.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ, Abel and Ola Osundairo told cops they got in a car with Jussie and scouted a location, settling on the one right outside the actor's apartment. The brothers said Jussie chose the spot because he believed a camera would have captured the action.

Our sources say the brothers told police Jussie said he wanted to make it a "physical thing," but not to the point he'd be seriously injured.

On the night Jussie says he was attacked, the brothers claim they showed up at the scene but were extremely nervous because, just as they played out the scene, a car drove by and they were worried they'd be ID'd.

Our sources say the brothers performed per the rehearsal -- they screamed out they recognized Jussie from "Empire" and then hurled the racist n-word and the homophobic f-word.

The brothers told cops they "made contact with Jussie's face" but it was "weak." They said they didn't know how he suffered the bruises but the staged fight was not designed to injure him.

TMZ broke the story ... when cops arrived, Jussie took them down to the area he said the "attack" went down and pointed to the camera, saying it was good the incident was captured on video. What he didn't know was that the camera was pointed in the wrong direction and didn't capture the incident.

Comments

splitthis: Ola
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric

Why were so many people on the left so stupid to believe the initial story? No part of it was ever believable.
    Some were that stupid and others thought that it's likely not staged because of how poorly planned and hammed it would have been. Counter point to latter is any episode of Empire though.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    This entire incident makes a very strong case that most criminals are simply not very smart or good at what they do.

If you're going to stage a hate crime against yourself, you couldn't do much of a worse job than this.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

Jussie Smollett rehearsed the "attack" against him days before the incident and it was all staged for the camera, this according to what the 2 brothers told cops.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ, Abel and Ola Osundairo told cops they got in a car with Jussie and scouted a location, settling on the one right outside the actor's apartment. The brothers said Jussie chose the spot because he believed a camera would have captured the action.

Our sources say the brothers told police Jussie said he wanted to make it a "physical thing," but not to the point he'd be seriously injured.

On the night Jussie says he was attacked, the brothers claim they showed up at the scene but were extremely nervous because, just as they played out the scene, a car drove by and they were worried they'd be ID'd.

Our sources say the brothers performed per the rehearsal -- they screamed out they recognized Jussie from "Empire" and then hurled the racist n-word and the homophobic f-word.

The brothers told cops they "made contact with Jussie's face" but it was "weak." They said they didn't know how he suffered the bruises but the staged fight was not designed to injure him.

TMZ broke the story ... when cops arrived, Jussie took them down to the area he said the "attack" went down and pointed to the camera, saying it was good the incident was captured on video. What he didn't know was that the camera was pointed in the wrong direction and didn't capture the incident.
    Maybe Smollet will be able to use this experience as cred towards getting behind the camera, perhaps as screenwriter or director. But definitely not stunt coordinator.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

Maybe Smollet will be able to use this experience as cred towards getting behind the camera, perhaps as screenwriter or director. But definitely not stunt coordinator.
    Definitely not a writer.

"This is MAGA Country!"

Yeah, lots of Trump supporters say that as they attack black people.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Writers get creative license!

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Jussie is going to prison for quite a while

And it's beautiful

Load Metric
    I’m kind of shocked the Nigerians didn’t just beat him to death and start living in his apartment and driving his car.

Comments

Salty_Aus: LOL

Load Metric
    And if his whole plan just worked and his career took off, did he think they wouldn’t shake him down until the end of time?

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    I’m kind of shocked the Nigerians didn’t just beat him to death and start living in his apartment and driving his car.
    I thought i heard they were supposedly raised in America and American citizens? Unless i heard wrong.

But yeah, Nigerian scammers on a whole new level.....

Gold
    Load Metric
    This entire incident makes a very strong case that most criminals are simply not very smart or good at what they do.

If you're going to stage a hate crime against yourself, you couldn't do much of a worse job than this.

Most criminals? You mean the ones that are caught?

This uhhhh person set back liberal causes a month.

I was all over the kids in the MAGA hats. I felt it became viral before media. Then media covered it because it was so strong of imagery even if misleading because it had already shot all over social media. I never heard about this Smollet shit until I started hearing rightwing friends talk about the media etc. LOL. Not sure why that is.. It did expose a lot of dumb hollywood types for being dumb.

It is all dumb tribal shit TBH. All these people getting worked up over this from either side are quite biased even though almost none of them realizse it.

Comments

MumblesBadly: :this

Thread Information