Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Jussie Smollett "attack"

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    the halls of injustice is not online polka.

obv it's all cook county

pretty sure this is the judge that sealed the docs. they've done a great good of not letting peeps know.

“For the last 13 years, I have observed Judge LeRoy Martin emerge as a rising star in the judiciary,” Chief Judge Evans said.

Name:  LeRoy.Martin (1).jpg
Views: 818
Size:  65.4 KB

the prosecutor

Name:  kimfox.jpg
Views: 807
Size:  27.9 KB

the puppet masters

Name:  majorplayers.jpg
Views: 798
Size:  62.9 KB

Comments

devidee: White wash LULZ

sah_24: Peak libtard land ... the hypocrisy of the left knows no bounds

Tellafriend: black privilege
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by mulva View Post
    the halls of injustice is not online polka.

obv it's all cook county

pretty sure this is the judge that sealed the docs. they've done a great good of not letting peeps know.

“For the last 13 years, I have observed Judge LeRoy Martin emerge as a rising star in the judiciary,” Chief Judge Evans said.

Name:  LeRoy.Martin (1).jpg
Views: 818
Size:  65.4 KB

the prosecutor

Name:  kimfox.jpg
Views: 807
Size:  27.9 KB

the puppet masters

Name:  majorplayers.jpg
Views: 798
Size:  62.9 KB
    They just be doin’ what the powerful white folks do for their rich white friends who be caught breakin’ the law.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    i wouldnt be surprised if juicy gets beat up by a few off duty cops by the end of the year

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Jussie ordered to pay $130,000 within 7 days to the city to cover police time.

https://www.bbc.com/news/newsbeat-47744351

Edit: probably a poorly worded title. The city "demanded" payment...he apparently wasn't "ordered" by a judge or anything. They probably can't force him to pay at this point, but they could be laying the groundwork to civilly sue him.

Comments

MumblesBadly: That’s what I’m talking about!
    Last edited by Gordman; 03-29-2019 at 07:41 AM.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    http://www.ilpba.org/announcements/7249825

IPBA STATEMENT ON JUSSIE SMOLLETT CASE DISMISSAL

28 Mar 2019 2:49 PM | Anonymous

The Illinois Prosecutors Bar Association serves as the voice for nearly 1,000 front line prosecutors across the State who work tirelessly towards the pursuit of justice. The events of the past few days regarding the Cook County State’s Attorney’s handling of the Jussie Smollett case is not condoned by the IPBA, nor is it representative of the honest ethical work prosecutors provide to the citizens of the State of Illinois on a daily basis.

The manner in which this case was dismissed was abnormal and unfamiliar to those who practice law in criminal courthouses across the State. Prosecutors, defense attorneys, and judges alike do not recognize the arrangement Mr. Smollett received. Even more problematic, the State’s Attorney and her representatives have fundamentally misled the public on the law and circumstances surrounding the dismissal.

The public has the right to know the truth, and we set out to do that here.

When an elected State’s Attorney recuses herself from a prosecution, Illinois law provides that the court shall appoint a special prosecutor. See 55 ILCS 5/3-9008(a-15). Typically, the special prosecutor is a neighboring State’s Attorney, the Attorney General, or the State Appellate Prosecutor. Here, the State’s Attorney kept the case within her office and thus never actually recused herself as a matter of law.

Additionally, the Cook County State’s Attorney’s office falsely informed the public that the uncontested sealing of the criminal court case was “mandatory” under Illinois law. This statement is not accurate. To the extent the case was even eligible for an immediate seal, that action wasdiscretionary, not mandatory, and only upon the proper filing of a petition to seal. See 20 ILCS 2630/5.2(g)(2). For seals not subject to Section 5.2(g)(2), the process employed in this case by the State’s Attorney effectively denied law enforcement agencies of legally required Notice (See 20 ILCS 2630/5.2(d)(4)) and the legal opportunity to object to the sealing of the file (See 20 ILCS 2630/5.2(d)(5)). The State’s Attorney not only declined to fight the sealing of this case in court, but then provided false information to the public regarding it.

The appearance of impropriety here is compounded by the fact that this case was not on the regularly scheduled court call, the public had no reasonable notice or opportunity to view these proceedings, and the dismissal was done abruptly at what has been called an “emergency” hearing. To date, the nature of the purported emergency has not been publicly disclosed. The sealing of a court case immediately following a hearing where there was no reasonable notice or opportunity for the public to attend is a matter of grave public concern and undermines the very foundation of our public court system.

Lastly, the State’s Attorney has claimed this arrangement is “available to all defendants” and “not a new or unusual practice.” There has even been an implication it was done in accordance with a statutory diversion program. These statements are plainly misleading and inaccurate. This action was highly unusual, not a statutory diversion program, and not in accordance with well accepted practices of State’s Attorney initiated diversionary programs. The IPBA supports diversion programs, and recognizes the many benefits they provide to the community, the defendant and to the prosecuting agency. Central to any diversion program, however, is that the defendant must accept responsibility. To be clear here, this simply was not a deferred prosecution.

Prosecutors must be held to the highest standard of legal ethics in the pursuit of justice. The actions of the Cook County State’s Attorney have fallen woefully short of this expectation. Through the repeated misleading and deceptive statements to the public on Illinois law and circumstances surrounding the Smollett dismissal, the State’s Attorney has failed in her most fundamental ethical obligations to the public. The IPBA condemns these actions.

This irregular arrangement was an affront to prosecutors across the State, the Chicago Police Department, victims of hate crimes, and the people of the City of Chicago and Cook County. We strongly encourage our members and the public to review the National District Attorneys Associations statement on prosecutorial best practices in high profile cases.

Best Regards,

Lee Roupas
    President,
    Illinois Prosecutor’s Bar Association

Comments

sah_24: Classic Chicago liberal corruption ... oh the hypocrisy

Platinum
    Load Metric
    IMHO this isn't over yet. Not by a longshot.

Everything else aside, he still has the feds and the USPS to deal with. Imo, If they can prove he sent the letter - which i would imagine they can, he is slam dunk going to prison.

Show me a case of someone sending fake powder and a death threat letter not getting prison time - I have yet to find one. To top it off, im sure the recent fiasco the past few days has only enraged the authorities even further to see to it that he is held accountable.

I still say he is going to see a year or more in prison. Book it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordman View Post

Everything else aside, he still has the feds and the USPS to deal with. Imo, If they can prove he sent the letter - which i would imagine they can, he is slam dunk going to prison.

Show me a case of someone sending fake powder and a death threat letter not getting prison time - I have yet to find one. To top it off, im sure the recent fiasco the past few days has only enraged the authorities even further to see to it that he is held accountable.

Dunno if it applies if you send it to yourself. Doubt he's that method that he took the death threat seriously.

Comments

sah_24: ye liberals are actually this dumb ... lol

Salty_Aus:

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmick View Post

Dunno if it applies if you send it to yourself. Doubt he's that method that he took the death threat seriously.
    But he used the USPS to provide an independent record of the sending of the threat. As such, it was use of the USPS to commit a crime, so it probably doesn’t matter whether or not he believes it as a legitimate threat.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmick View Post

But he used the USPS to provide an independent record of the sending of the threat. As such, it was use of the USPS to commit a crime, so it probably doesn’t matter whether or not he believes it as a legitimate threat.
    Likely he gets something out of it. It's just a different crime, so it's not that useful to look for people that were convicted of making a death threat.

Such as falsifying a hate crime isn't the same thing as doing a hate crime. Fairly sure you're never charged for the crime you falsified. To drill this home to our resident incel sah_24 no one is ever charged for raping themselves.

Comments

sah_24: he committed mail fraud ... you are the dumbest fuck lol

RS_: Gimmick is indeed the dumbest fuck

BCR:

Load Metric

Edit: probably a poorly worded title. The city "demanded" payment...he apparently wasn't "ordered" by a judge or anything. They probably can't force him to pay at this point, but they could be laying the groundwork to civilly sue him.
    this is a tricky one for him. it's hard for him to continue to insist he's a victim if he pays it, even if "it's just to put this behind him." no actual victim would do that.

on the other hand, the city will absolutely sue him for it, where this whole thing gets litigated all over again. if he gets found liable, he'll end up paying more than he would have if he was found guilty criminally.

also the need to see him pay might be moot. empire just had its lowest ratings of the year and will likely get cancelled, or at least jussie's getting written off. can't see him getting any work anymore

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    it's really sad that democrats, actors, many visible people, many blacks + the lbg community will not condemn what jussie did.

you have to think that even some libs will call him out and cross the line on this insanity, but i really don't know.

can you blame them? the politicians and actors have everything to lose saying if they think jussie in guilty. and the message their sending trickles down and these minority groups will blindly follow for other ridiculous reasons. what kind of justice system is this?.....beyond shameful.

jussie is untouchable even though he's guilty as hell because peeps are worried on how it will effect them.....

this fucker is even up for an naacp image award.....

Comments

sah_24: Liberals are the biggest hypocrites to ever exist lol ...
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    just listen to these idiots

millions of women in all races what this shit daily.

lol @ them saying "alleged hoax"

lol @ the lawyer black chick, sunny, knowing full well jussie is guilty as hell skirt around condemning him and saying things along the lines that "we just don't know"...look at her squirm when talking......just like that kamela harris bitch

awful, awful, awful.

dude tried to start a race war, failed and got caught....and assholes liberals like this perpetuate his innocence or hold up their hands and say "i don't know what really happened" still defend him.

conservatives are really losing their voice and most are afraid to speak up.. but when it comes down to right or wrong or being guilty, liberals/democrats staying partisan really shows how lost they are and how bad these people are for our country.

Comments

Tellafriend: hands up, don't shoot!

sah_24: Never ending lies with these clowns ...

Load Metric
    FYP /Same thing we say about Trump.
    You guys are all spiking the football on how Trump was 100 % exonerated, when it even Barr says he wasn't.

If the ONLY reason he was cleared is because they can't indict a president,
    WTF are you guys running around like this "lawyer black chick" for? It means he is guilty.

FTR I KNOW they are both guilty.
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________

Quote Originally Posted by mulva View Post
    just listen to these idiots

millions of white people what (sp) this shit daily. (Fox "news")

lol @ them saying "alleged Obstruction"

lol @ Hannity, sunny, knowing full well TRUMP is guilty as hell skirt around condemning him and saying things along the lines that "we just don't know"...look at HIM squirm when talking......just like that Kelly Ann Conway bitch

awful, awful, awful.

dude tried to start a race war, failed and got caught....and assholes Conservatives like this perpetuate his innocence or hold up their hands and say "i don't know what really happened" still defend him.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Coge

DJ_Chaps: HOLY SHIT WHAT A FUCKING PUSSY
    San Francisco crowned the ‘world’s best’ city to live: survey
    https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/...o-live-survey/

Platinum
    Load Metric

Well there it is

https://deadline.com/2019/04/jussie-...rn-1202588823/

Jussie Smollett To Be Sued By Chicago After Repayment Deadline Passes; ‘Empire’ Co-Star Says Actor Returning

Shutterstock

by Dominic Patten

April 4, 2019 4:27pm

Jussie Smollett may have seen the felony charges against him dropped by state prosecutors last week and Taraji P. Henson is predicting he will return to Empirebut the actor’s legal troubles in Chicago are far from over.

RELATED

The Show To Watch This Week: 'Killing Eve', 'Reconstruction'...

With the passing this evening of a deadline set by out-going Mayor Rahm Emanuel for Smollett to repay the Windy City $130,000 for the costs of the investigation into the alleged attack against him, Chicago is going to sue the actor.

“Mr. Smollett has refused to reimburse the City of Chicago for the cost of police overtime spent investigating his false police report on January 29, 2019, a spokesperson of the Midwestern metropolis said Thursday as it became EOD in Chicago. “The Law Department is now drafting a civil complaint that will be filed in the Circuit Court of Cook County. Once it is filed, the Law Department will send a courtesy copy of the complaint to Mr. Smollett’s L.A. based legal team.”

Under Chicago by-laws and made clear in the letter Smollett was sent on March 28, the city can seek more than $390,000 from the actor, which is three times the original amount plus court and attorney costs

Representatives for Smollett had no comment on the matter when contacted by Deadline.

The actor who plays the openly gay Jamal Lyon on the Lee Daniels and Danny Strong created Foxseries had the 16 felony charges and potentially years behind bars he faced for allegedly staging a racist and homophobic attack on himself on January 29 erased on March 26 and the whole case sealed.

The decision by Cook County State’s Attorney Kim Foxx’s office drew a statement from the Lachlan Murdoch-run network that they were “gratified” with the outcome, but also strong scorn from Mayor Emanuel and the Chicago Police, among others.

As the angry departing Mayor called the deal for a few hours of community service and the forfeiting of a $10,000 bond a “whitewash of justice, prosecutor and First Assistant Cook County State’s Attorney Joseph Magatstold local media that he believed Smollett was guilty of staging the assault himself. Handling the case after Foxx recused herself, Magats also said the deal the actor received did not exonerate him.

As Chicago prepared to elected Foxx foe Lori Lightfoot its first African-American female mayor, the often pugilistic Emanuel decided to hit Smollett in the wallet.

The passing of today’s deadline and the city’s intention to take this to the courts also comes as Smollett’s on-air mother Taraji P. Henson told The View this morning that he’ll be returning if there’s a widely expected sixth season of Empire. “I haven’t heard anything else,” the Academy Award nominee told the daytime talker when asked if Smollett would be back next year – as you can see in the video below.

Already written out of the final two episodes of the series’ current fifth season, Smollett’s option is up in late June. Fox has until next month to officially decide if it wants to bring the Henson and Terrence Howard led Empire back. Despite the claims of the actor who portrays Cookie Lyon, sources tell me, as I reported on March 27,that it still looks like Smollett will not be back but the “absolute final decision” has not yet been made.

This latest legal twist will surely not be helpful to Smollett, to put it mildly.

As Mayor-elect and ex-prosecutor Lightfoot says she will be looking into what went on in the Smollett case, the union representing the CPD and the chiefs of 30 surrounding police departments revealed that they conducted a no confidence vote into Foxx’s office. The result was apparently unanimous.

Load Metric
    smollett's getting axed from empire

https://www.mediaite.com/entertainme...son-6-renewal/

Diamond
    Load Metric
    "I WILL NEVER BE THE MAN THAT THIS DID NOT HAPPEN TO, I AM FOREVER CHANGED" - JUSSIE SMOLLETT

"what a hero" - duped samaritan

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by thesidedish View Post
    "I WILL NEVER BE THE MAN THAT THIS DID NOT HAPPEN TO, I AM FOREVER CHANGED" - JUSSIE SMOLLETT

"what a hero" - duped samaritan

Hopefully that includes a full investigation into the actions of the Cook Asst States Atty and possible criminal charges of corruption against her as well. She lied about recusing herself that alone should be fireable let alone actionable by the IL bar.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Load Metric
    Name:  063C834E-DDAA-4E60-9EC2-DE09C6682760.jpeg
Views: 333
Size:  204.9 KB

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    Name:  063C834E-DDAA-4E60-9EC2-DE09C6682760.jpeg
Views: 333
Size:  204.9 KB

YOU DESERVE ALL OF THE FACE PALMS. JESUS CHRIST YOU'RE RETARDED.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Chaps' 2017-18 NFL $$ Thread

Thread Information