Thread: shady las vegas car dealer (towbin dodge) gives customer the runaround

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

shady las vegas car dealer (towbin dodge) gives customer the runaround

satisfying 30 min watch..pt II is great as well. knowing full well they fucked up and how much this is hurting their bottom line they try and do damage control, and when they can't reach an agreement they say to the dude they will sue him if he doesn't take the video down. he basically tells them to fuck off....lol

Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Load Metric
    Cliffs?
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    um you do realize towbin is the goat

Load Metric
    wait so which one is the guy from blues traveler?

Comments

Sanlmar: Damn. WP

Load Metric
    I don't feel sorry for him. Check out Paul Kleins Business reviews on yelp. He is a poor business owner and sounds like a real piece of shit.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/702-motoring-las-vegas-2

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    In the process of watching.

A few comments already:

Discount Tire really is a great company. They also do price matching. Totally the place to go if you have tire issues, and to buy new tires.

The problem with these dealerships is that they are often owned by individuals who grimace at anything which causes them a small financial hit, and thus they will act unethically to prevent it.

Now, this is true of dealerships of all makes, but the difference is that many of the manufacturers do not assert any standards upon their dealerships, aside from super-obvious, major stuff. So you can get fucked, have proof of it, and the manufacturer won't do anything for you, nor will they pressure the dealer to do the right thing.

That's why I laugh at the "helful Honda dealer" BS in the commercials. They're anything but helpful. In reality, they will treat everyone like shit who isn't a complete moron. And Honda will do nothing about it.

But it's not just Honda. Most manufacturers will not help you.

That's why I like BMW, because they will penalize any dealer with customer complaints.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I finished with both videos.

This was honestly a case where both a local dealership and a large corporation tried to screw the consumer, ended up facing an experienced lemon law attorney, knew their goose was cooked, conceded, and then a bitter manager at the dealership tried to fuck with him on the way out (by refusing to meet him to accept the vehicle back.)

Then after the video went semi-viral (600k views), it was negatively affecting both the dealership and the corporation, so suddenly they wanted to give attention to the matter.

The local dealer tried to sell him another car at a loss, in exchange for taking down the video and claiming it was all taken care of respectfully, and the manufacturer just tried to legally bully him into taking it down (lol).

Bungled all around.

I was surprised that he was very close to taking the video down in exchange for this deal (he said $20k off the $75k-ish purchase price), because supposedly his video was there to warn everyone about Towbin Dodge, and "not get likes or views". But if he took the video down and covered everything up, wouldn't he just be enabling others to get screwed?

Ultimately he refused to take down the video and released that second video bragging that he wouldn't take the offer, but he made himself look kinda bad by going as far as being close to an actual deal to remove it.

When the manufacturer contacted him and also demanded the video being taken down, he responded with his own offer ("you can probably guess what it was"), which I'm assuming was a demand for a free car. They declined, but they also backed off the legal threats because they knew they had no standing.

The idiot service manager at Towbin shouldn't have tried to kick the guy in the ass at the end of the whole process, especially in the age of social media and viral videos. He should have just accepted it (which wouldn't have cost the dealer anything), and been done. All he ended up doing was looking petty and vindictive, and it made Towbin look terrible.

Interesting how FCA (owner of Dodge) refuses to deal with consumers directly involving lemon laws, and requires the customer to have an attorney. That's probably in place because they know that attorneys will usually beat them, whereas consumers without attorneys will have a hard time doing so. Shady.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by donkeykilla View Post
    I don't feel sorry for him. Check out Paul Kleins Business reviews on yelp. He is a poor business owner and sounds like a real piece of shit.

Great catch.

So it looks like, at least from the reviews, this Paul guy is another shitty business owner who doesn't treat his customers well. There's enough bad reviews up there to where I think I believe them.

I kinda got that impression from Paul in those videos. He was 100% in the right in this situation, and I was very happy to hear that he prevailed. But I also kinda got an "unreasonable asshole" vibe from him. It just so happened that in this case, he was an unreasonable asshole in the right.

So this answers the question regarding, "What happens when a bad business owner does business with another bad business owner?"

The result?

Lulz ensue.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Bonus Paul Klein material:

Regarding a mural painted near Klein's business:

One nearby business took offense. Paul Klein, the manager of 702 Motoring, told County Commissioner Chris Giunchigliani that the figure looked Muslim, and asked for white and Asian people to be added to the artwork.

“What if someone was coming by here, thinking of coming to my store, and they had had bad experiences with blacks before, like they had been mugged or raped by a black person?” Klein was quoted as saying by the Las Vegas Review-Journal. “If they saw that picture, they would just drive right by.”
    https://knpr.org/knpr/2016-06/public...ally-motivated

Load Metric
    This guy better not find a subway that DOESN'T serve him tomatoes on the side, or druff really has a run for his money...ugh, and I was thinking about getting a hellcat in the future, now I'm second guessing it.

If I was on a jury I'd definitely rule in his favor, you can't get any better than this guy as a consumer...lol at not going with the Jewish attorney first...
    "Druff would suck his own dick if it were long enough"- Brandon "drexel" Gerson

"ann coulter literally has more common sense than pfa."-Sonatine

"Real grinders supports poker fraud"- Ray Davis

"DRILLED HER GOOD"- HONGKONGER

Load Metric
    The owner of Towbin Dodge looks completely trustworthy.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post
    The owner of Towbin Dodge looks completely trustworthy.

cant wait to hear his hot take on AOC during the next podcast.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    CHOPPER RAN THE GOAT LOCAL REALITY SHOW DURING THE SECOND HALF THE 2000s IN VEGAS

Comments

unchainedghost: Straight fax

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by donkeykilla View Post

Great catch.

So it looks like, at least from the reviews, this Paul guy is another shitty business owner who doesn't treat his customers well. There's enough bad reviews up there to where I think I believe them.

I kinda got that impression from Paul in those videos. He was 100% in the right in this situation, and I was very happy to hear that he prevailed. But I also kinda got an "unreasonable asshole" vibe from him. It just so happened that in this case, he was an unreasonable asshole in the right.

So this answers the question regarding, "What happens when a bad business owner does business with another bad business owner?"

The result?

Lulz ensue.
    It doesn't matter what a shitty person or business owner Paul Kleins is.

This is about Towbin Dodge/FCA and the lemon laws that usually aren't enforced. Any other guy would have probably accepted the lowball offer of $5K and sold their car which is defective to a even shadier used car dealership.

Why on Earth would anyone buy a car from Towbin Dodge to begin with?

Just look at their shitty, scammy car commercials.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    wut r the odds that this dealership wasn't bank rolled from drugs
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Load Metric
    Paul Klein is back at it again with his new car. This guy is full of himself and can't be pleased. Read the comments on the new videos. He isn't getting much sympathy this time. LOL

Comments

MumblesBadly: Maybe he’s being paid by Chevy or Ford on dis on a competitor.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Why does this guy keep buying Hellcats if he consistently has problems with them?

Maybe time to give up on that model?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Saying its not surface rust over and over is not actually being informed. It is in fact, surface rust. I enjoyed the journey on your previous car but you need to settle down and just enjoy the car.
    Lots of comments like this on his latest videos.

He should have quit while ahead.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    This whole thing is one of those stories where you end up hating everyone involved.

Thread Information