Thread: Being fat isn't completely your fault *giggling*

Load Metric
    rofl day 3 sober god bless this idiot

Comments

RS_: Lol’d

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post
    Druff you're as bad as me. I have a drinking disorder in that once I start it's tough to stop. I'm no scientist but I believe the reward centres for drink are the same for food.

After all, you offered up your famous overrating habits, such as having two meals ordered when eating out and a heavy addiction to sugar laced pop, I can't believe you are not accepting full blame for your weight.

And you lead a sedentary life style comparatively

Day 3 sober by the way.
    I have 100% stayed away from all soda (and orange juice) since August. Those two drinks cause LPR symptoms, so I had to cut them.

However recently I have substituted other high calorie drinks. As I said, I probably need to get control of this soon.

Load Metric
    don't you die on us kid

Load Metric
    Does grape drink cause LPR? serious question...

Comments

cleatus: hey fucko, u get no answer. u get no respect "IM LEAVING TOO"
    "Druff would suck his own dick if it were long enough"- Brandon "drexel" Gerson

"ann coulter literally has more common sense than pfa."-Sonatine

"Real grinders supports poker fraud"- Ray Davis

"DRILLED HER GOOD"- HONGKONGER

Load Metric
    Any discussion of how one’s genes might affect their likelihood of becoming obese *must* include the potential effect of epigenetics, i.e. what genes in one’s DNA are turned on or off by molecular “switches”. Meaning, identical twins could theoretically have the same set of genes but not have them all identically turned or or off. And research has shown that epigenenics does affect gene expression that affects obesity.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0128133352.htm

Summary:

Having overweight parents significantly increases your risk of obesity, but the inheritance of specific mutations can't always explain why this is the case. In a study, researchers show that differences in gene expression (epigenetics) play a key role in determining one's predisposition to obesity. In genetically identical mice and human twin pairs, epigenetic marks altered the activity of weight-control genes to produce distinct subpopulations of lean and obese individuals.

Comments

devidee: Troof
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by devidee View Post
    I've been fat and I've been lean.

It isn't genetics.
    It is.

You're just in the middle where you can be either one, depending upon lifestyle.
    Right.

Obesity is rising dramatically in the US because of genetics.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by devidee View Post

It is.

You're just in the middle where you can be either one, depending upon lifestyle.
    Right.

Obesity is rising dramatically in the US because of genetics.
    This is actually a poignant point. I think the correct way to view the situation is that the typical Westerner lives a very pro-obesity lifestyle (which is only getting worse, especially for poor people), however some people seem to have genetic/behavioral traits that make them less susceptible.

Ironically, during the vast majority of evolutionary time when resources were scarce, genetics which made people susceptible towards fat storage were probably +EV and selected for, but now in our current lifestyle of vast caloric overconsumption and low caloric expenditure the opposite is definitely true.

Comments

MumblesBadly: E.g. Samoans, Navaho, Australian Aborgines, to name a few.

gimmick:

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lol wow View Post
    don't you die on us kid
    Popeyes in LA prolly even odds coronary or gunshot. amirite

Dine wisely wow

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ftpjesus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post
    Genetics is a minimal source, America is fat because of processed foods, restaurants, and fast food joints. A single meal at most is well over an entire day of calories.

Make your own food at home with low fat meats, lots of veggies and fruits.

The government wants you to be fat to feed the economy and medical system. Its a win win because you most likely wont live long enough to collect the social security you have paid into.

Wake up.
    JFC fat doesn't make you fat I wish this 40yr old bullshit would be shredded like it needs to be.. The obesity epidemic in this country along with oh the massive rise in Alzheimers, General Dementia and other neurological disorders all exploded afterwards.. fat doesn't make you fat in fact your neurological system actually needs fats to maintain the lining of your neurons.. Its the break down of such which causes issues.. Now excess CALORIES usually due to increased carbs from all the shit simple sugars they put in to replace the losses from fats is what has caused the biggest issues.. Body sees massive sugar spike from the simple carbs binds sugars with insulin to allow body to burn the energy when energy isn't consumed the insulin converts the excess carbs to FAT in the body.. These wild swings can and do cause insulin resistance causing blood sugar levels to rise and ultimately diabetes..
    Fat should be no more than 30% of calories. Fact is fat has 9 calories per gram, carbs and proteins are 4 calories per gram. The whole fucking country iis massively obese. Natural foods and controlled fat intake WILL both make you lose weight and maintain weight along with moderate exercise. Keto diets are false diets.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ftpjesus View Post

JFC fat doesn't make you fat I wish this 40yr old bullshit would be shredded like it needs to be.. The obesity epidemic in this country along with oh the massive rise in Alzheimers, General Dementia and other neurological disorders all exploded afterwards.. fat doesn't make you fat in fact your neurological system actually needs fats to maintain the lining of your neurons.. Its the break down of such which causes issues.. Now excess CALORIES usually due to increased carbs from all the shit simple sugars they put in to replace the losses from fats is what has caused the biggest issues.. Body sees massive sugar spike from the simple carbs binds sugars with insulin to allow body to burn the energy when energy isn't consumed the insulin converts the excess carbs to FAT in the body.. These wild swings can and do cause insulin resistance causing blood sugar levels to rise and ultimately diabetes..
    Fat should be no more than 30% of calories. Fact is fat has 9 calories per gram, carbs and proteins are 4 calories per gram. The whole fucking country iis massively obese. Natural foods and controlled fat intake WILL both make you lose weight and maintain weight along with moderate exercise. Keto diets are false diets.
    Sorry, split, but that notion is no longer the best advice for *all* people.

A low-carbohydrate, ketogenic diet to treat type 2 diabetes
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1325029/

Background

The low-carbohydrate, ketogenic diet (LCKD) may be effective for improving glycemia and reducing medications in patients with type 2 diabetes.

Methods

From an outpatient clinic, we recruited 28 overweight participants with type 2 diabetes for a 16-week single-arm pilot diet intervention trial. We provided LCKD counseling, with an initial goal of <20 g carbohydrate/day, while reducing diabetes medication dosages at diet initiation. Participants returned every other week for measurements, counseling, and further medication adjustment. The primary outcome was hemoglobin A1c.

Results

Twenty-one of the 28 participants who were enrolled completed the study. Twenty participants were men; 13 were White, 8 were African-American. The mean [± SD] age was 56.0 ± 7.9 years and BMI was 42.2 ± 5.8 kg/m2. Hemoglobin A1c decreased by 16% from 7.5 ± 1.4% to 6.3 ± 1.0% (p < 0.001) from baseline to week 16. Diabetes medications were discontinued in 7 participants, reduced in 10 participants, and unchanged in 4 participants. The mean body weight decreased by 6.6% from 131.4 ± 18.3 kg to 122.7 ± 18.9 kg (p < 0.001). In linear regression analyses, weight change at 16 weeks did not predict change in hemoglobin A1c. Fasting serum triglyceride decreased 42% from 2.69 ± 2.87 mmol/L to 1.57 ± 1.38 mmol/L (p = 0.001) while other serum lipid measurements did not change significantly.

Conclusion

The LCKD improved glycemic control in patients with type 2 diabetes such that diabetes medications were discontinued or reduced in most participants. Because the LCKD can be very effective at lowering blood glucose, patients on diabetes medication who use this diet should be under close medical supervision or capable of adjusting their medication.
    P.S. This study was published in 2005!
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    I can't imagine a single trait that isn't related to genetics outside of maybe hobbies/interests and even that is debatable. Steven Pinker does a great job outlining it in the blank slate. Still as obviously pointed out Westerners live an extremely sedentary lifestyle and poor diets. Its hard to argue that genetics explains more variance than lifestyle when talking about modern obesity.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

Sorry, split, but that notion is no longer the best advice for *all* people.

A low-carbohydrate, ketogenic diet to treat type 2 diabetes
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1325029/

Background

The low-carbohydrate, ketogenic diet (LCKD) may be effective for improving glycemia and reducing medications in patients with type 2 diabetes.

Methods

From an outpatient clinic, we recruited 28 overweight participants with type 2 diabetes for a 16-week single-arm pilot diet intervention trial. We provided LCKD counseling, with an initial goal of <20 g carbohydrate/day, while reducing diabetes medication dosages at diet initiation. Participants returned every other week for measurements, counseling, and further medication adjustment. The primary outcome was hemoglobin A1c.

Results

Twenty-one of the 28 participants who were enrolled completed the study. Twenty participants were men; 13 were White, 8 were African-American. The mean [± SD] age was 56.0 ± 7.9 years and BMI was 42.2 ± 5.8 kg/m2. Hemoglobin A1c decreased by 16% from 7.5 ± 1.4% to 6.3 ± 1.0% (p < 0.001) from baseline to week 16. Diabetes medications were discontinued in 7 participants, reduced in 10 participants, and unchanged in 4 participants. The mean body weight decreased by 6.6% from 131.4 ± 18.3 kg to 122.7 ± 18.9 kg (p < 0.001). In linear regression analyses, weight change at 16 weeks did not predict change in hemoglobin A1c. Fasting serum triglyceride decreased 42% from 2.69 ± 2.87 mmol/L to 1.57 ± 1.38 mmol/L (p = 0.001) while other serum lipid measurements did not change significantly.

Conclusion

The LCKD improved glycemic control in patients with type 2 diabetes such that diabetes medications were discontinued or reduced in most participants. Because the LCKD can be very effective at lowering blood glucose, patients on diabetes medication who use this diet should be under close medical supervision or capable of adjusting their medication.
    P.S. This study was published in 2005!
    Meh. At the end of the day calories in vs calories out is the most important factor. I suspect that if they consumes the same calories with different macro breakdown the results would be similar. At the margins (e.g. professional bodybuilder or someone with IBS) macros might be a big deal. But for 99% of fatties it is all about reducing calories, and any diet which does this will be effective.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Meh. At the end of the day calories in vs calories out is the most important factor. I suspect that if they consumes the same calories with different macro breakdown the results would be similar. At the margins (e.g. professional bodybuilder or someone with IBS) macros might be a big deal. But for 99% of fatties it is all about reducing calories, and any diet which does this will be effective.
    From what I’ve read, that’s pretty much it in terms of weight loss. People just tend to pay more attention to calories when they put themselves on some sort of restrictive diet, such as a low carb or ketogenic diet rather than eating whatever. They probably got fat in the first place just eating whatever they want and not thinking about it, and they’ll just revert to old habits eventually.

Load Metric
    We weren't supposed to finish the whole pizza.....pretty much an allegory for Americas obesity epidemic....

Comments

cleatus: brilliance of our no respect retard
    "Druff would suck his own dick if it were long enough"- Brandon "drexel" Gerson

"ann coulter literally has more common sense than pfa."-Sonatine

"Real grinders supports poker fraud"- Ray Davis

"DRILLED HER GOOD"- HONGKONGER

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Confirmed fluffer still lurks here.

I knew he'd enjoy this thread.

Too bad he couldn't be here to see me lose all the weight.

Load Metric
    When you look at any pictures of large groups of men from like 1940, almost everyone is thin. Like 98 out of 100. These people had the same genetics as those only a few generations later. So yes, some people have genetics that allow them to abuse modern western dietary standards and remain thin, but obesity is a lifestyle choice. You see it in Mexico and parts of Asia where the introduction of Americanized fast food has led to a giant leap in obesity. That’s lifestyle and diet choices. That some small portion of the population can fade it is irrelevant. It’s nice to be that person I guess, but usually those people struggle in sports and other shit hat requires adding strength and weight. But people weren’t really fat in any large numbers until like the last 50 years. That’s not genetics other than not having the genetics to fade a bad diet.

Load Metric
    Genetics are not to be faulted for one guzzling high calorie liquids and being tempted by second dinners at Hot Dog on a Stick.

Most obese/overweight people are able to get to a healthier weight through diet and exercise; they just choose not to.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Thread Information