Thread: Assisted suicide

Load Metric

Assisted suicide

What are everyone’s thoughts? Should it be allowed? What about terminal patients? Perfectly healthy individuals? We as a society are becoming more and more progressive. My body, my decision. Why can’t we decide to die on our terms?
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post
    What are everyone’s thoughts? Should it be allowed? What about terminal patients? Perfectly healthy individuals? We as a society are becoming more and more progressive. My body, my decision. Why can’t we decide to die on our terms?
    At practical level it's already happening for terminal patients. The last few months you get prescribed a check out cocktail of drugs.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I have mixed feelings on this.

On one hand, it's a slippery slope. How sick is "sick enough" to justify a medical professional actually helping someone kill themselves?

On the other hand, it's hard to sit on your high horse saying that assisted suicide is wrong, when you're not the one miserable 24/7 from a terminal illness. That's something you can't truly understand until you actually go through it, but picture the sickest you've ever been, and imagine yourself that way permanently, knowing it will remain that way until you die. Might change your mind about doctor assisted suicide being wrong.

Load Metric
    Dude, I'm sorry the chiefs lost but come on man... i'll be okay.

Comments

Tellafriend: Good one

jsearles22: Got heem
    "I GOT NO TOE"

#FreeFluffler #FreeThisGuyIsCreepy #lockupGarrett

Load Metric
    Thank God for hospice. 10 mg morphine every 2 hours until you slip away.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    Why? Do you need assistance? Is the shame being a scammer becoming unbearable?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post
    Obviously your old decrepit ass is a lot closer to needing assistance than I am.
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post
    If you don't think those people need assistance 24 hours you've never experienced what they go through

Thread Information