Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New York just made it legal to abort a fetus "at any time" of the pregnancy

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmick View Post
    Yea, if you still haven't picked it up, normal childbirth was an example of a very small chance that still occasionally happens. Basically the lower bound.

It's not even remotely important what can happen, but what will happen. And more precisely what will happen that wouldn't happen otherwise. Maybe 1 in 100000 abortions more, while it legally clears every party that's involved in 1000 abortions that will go through today but mother and doctors could be held accountable.
    What will happen is that the practical application of this bill will facilitate mothers who want to get later stage abortions (for whatever reason) a legal avenue to do so, by making up a health issue. That is all.

Like I said before, I am actually ok with this.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    What will happen is that the practical application of this bill will facilitate mothers who want to get later stage abortions (for whatever reason) a legal avenue to do so, by making up a health issue. That is all.

Like I said before, I am actually ok with this.
    I think we mostly disagree in that you think this will increase abortions. I kinda believe that those abortions are already mostly happening.

Number i saw at few articles for not noticing pregnancy before labor was 1-2500 and 1-450 at 20 week mark. So for 24+ weeks it's somewhere between and not obv all of them want to abort. Apparently mostly hormonal and sometimes psychological issue.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post
    Abortion after week 24 is murder, plain and simple. Justifying it that the kid “likely” would be born into a poor community is absolutely fucking asinine. Is it really even necessary to name works altering figures who grew up destitute? Or scum of the earth who grew up rich? God damn what a shitty decision making factor that is.

It's funny how liberals always bring up the poor disenfranchised child (that almost always happens to be a person of color) that grows up to be a criminal as an example for justification for abortion.

As you stated, what about the kid that grows up in a great environment, rich parents, good education, and still grows up to be a criminal (chet Hanks I'm looking at you), should those kids have been aborted aswell?

Notice how people of color are at the bottom of the socio economic level, and its always the white liberals calling for "women's right to abortion", all while knowing the majority of abortions according to their logic will be black and brown people........progressive eugenics yall.....
    "Druff would suck his own dick if it were long enough"- Brandon "drexel" Gerson

"ann coulter literally has more common sense than pfa."-Sonatine

"Real grinders supports poker fraud"- Ray Davis

"DRILLED HER GOOD"- HONGKONGER

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmick View Post
    I think we mostly disagree in that you think this will increase abortions. I kinda believe that those abortions are already mostly happening.

Number i saw at few articles for not noticing pregnancy before labor was 1-2500 and 1-450 at 20 week mark. So for 24+ weeks it's somewhere between and not obv all of them want to abort. Apparently mostly hormonal and sometimes psychological issue.
    Many girls, especially teenagers, are on the fence about getting abortions and are very conflicted and often require cajoling by the doctors telling them it is the right choice. They also bail and don’t follow through at the first sign of opposition. Both the right and left know this.

That is why the right tries to make it harder and the left tries to make it easier. Because how easy the process is does significsnrly affect abortion rates.

Some women will find a way no matter what. But a lot will just follow through with the pregnancy without professional support or if there is too many roadblocks.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Many girls, especially teenagers, are on the fence about getting abortions and are very conflicted and often require cajoling by the doctors telling them it is the right choice. They also bail and don’t follow through at the first sign of opposition. Both the right and left know this.

That is why the right tries to make it harder and the left tries to make it easier. Because how easy the process is does significsnrly affect abortion rates.

Some women will find a way no matter what. But a lot will just follow through with the pregnancy without professional support or if there is too many roadblocks.
    Sure that's one side of it. The other part is that you don't want to make it too hard either. People will find illegal means for abortion and if you don't believe in the wrath of god that kinda seems unnecessary. Mostly referring to mothers dying from every questionable dyi abortion method and black market services.

I just think the new law just lowers the amount of necessary doctoring. Would be easier to believe that falsifying "life threatening" conditions wasn't happening now if it wasn't called doctoring.

Load Metric
    Sometimes I feel like me and Druff are the same guy. Until it comes to spending money that is. Or going to a restaurant.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTickle View Post
    thanks for the red rep but i'm not a liberal
    You stating you're not liberal is as believable as GARRET saying he's not a pedo. STFU with your liberal shit alright bitch.

As an aside away from druff's most recent troll bitch call out, I'm pro choice but even I have to agree that 24weeks is a fucking joke. The only reason an abortion should be legal at that pt is if the mother's life is in jeopardy. Now at 16 weeks or even 20ish I still think it is there right, but if you willing wait for the pt where the baby can survive with modern medicine and have a high chance at a normal life, wtf is wrong with you?

Comments

MumblesBadly: He means “liberal” per British political labels, dumbass!
    "I GOT NO TOE"

#FreeFluffler #FreeThisGuyIsCreepy #lockupGarrett

Load Metric
    republicans love fetuses but hate children, sad

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsSatire View Post
    republicans love fetuses but hate children, sad
    Democrats hate developed fetuses but love mass murderers and terrorists.

Sad!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Sad!
    Conservatives love fetuses but also love abusive cops and racially selective enforcement of punitative drug laws.

Sad!

Comments

handicapme: Aids
    Last edited by MumblesBadly; 01-23-2019 at 04:38 PM.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    My dog didnt like one of her pups and tried not to feed it.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post
    My dog didnt like one of her pups and tried not to feed it.

My cat pulled the same shit with one of her kittens.

I was like 'fuck outta here' and put the kitten back in her litter and that was that but I never really looked at that cat the same way again.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    She is punished by having him stay with us his whole life. I love him.

Comments

sonatine: <3
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    But don't tens of millions of Americans live in States were its legal on or after 24 weeks?

Nothing to stop those wanting a late termination by hopping on a bus.

It's such a heavy subject with fair arguments on both sides. But a HEALTHY woman getting shot of a HEALTHY fetus after 6 months is grim as fuck.
    http://pnimg.net/w/articles-attachments/1/4c2/74d75c36d2.jpg

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Fraud View Post
    But don't tens of millions of Americans live in States were its legal on or after 24 weeks?

Nothing to stop those wanting a late termination by hopping on a bus.

It's such a heavy subject with fair arguments on both sides. But a HEALTHY woman getting shot of a HEALTHY fetus after 6 months is grim as fuck.

Always been pro choice..... but yeah at some point you got to draw the line.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    https://buffalonews.com/2019/01/22/l...k-legislature/

Outrageous.

Abortions are now allowed in New York at ANY point of the pregnancy "... when necessary to protect a woman’s life or health".

In case this sounds reasonable to you, understand that it was ALREADY legal to abort a fetus at any point if the mother's life was in danger.

This change in law allows the abortion not just if the mother's life is in danger, but also if the pregnancy is having an impact on her "health".

Unfortunately, the term "health" is extremely broad, and will allow doctors to abuse it, where claims of mental or emotional health issues will be enough to justify a very late term abortion, which is basically the equivalent to murder, especially if that child is old enough to survive outside of the womb.

In addition, the state already allows abortions up to the 24th week, which honestly is pretty insane. Some babies born at the 24 week mark have gone on to survive and live normal lives. You're not just aborting a few cells at that point. For reference, babies born at the 26 week mark have an 80% survival rate, and those at the 27 week mark have a 90% survival rate.

I just don't understand how the left advocates shit like this, but they are screaming about the sanctity of human life when a mass murderer is given the death penalty.
    What about the case of the baby born to the vegetative mother? We now know now the pregnancy was no harm to the woman but what if it was discovered before birth? If you are related to this woman you would be tagged for taking care of this baby and all the emotional baggage that comes with it. Would you rather leave it to the state that wants to do away with birthright citizenship.

And everyone born into horrible situations who end up killing themselves or hurting others because they were
    handled by the state might wish they were the source of stem cells that could eradicate any person's suffering

Load Metric

Sad!
    I’m no Democrat but why do you say that Democrats love mass murderers and terrorists?

Load Metric
    I’m no Democrat but why do you say that Democrats love mass murderers and terrorists?
    Name:  download (2).jpg
Views: 171
Size:  72.0 KB

Load Metric

Because that's what Facebooks & Fox News imply.

#mustbetrue
    http://pnimg.net/w/articles-attachments/1/4c2/74d75c36d2.jpg

Load Metric
    Trump and the Republicans would love to machine gun to death these terrorists and mass murderers (immigrants) before they even cross the border.

Thread Information