Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New York just made it legal to abort a fetus "at any time" of the pregnancy

Load Metric
    if there was no child labour laws.... every woman would be forced to have at least two, you know, for the sake of industry.

seriously though adoption is a thing

Comments

IamGreek: Thank You Sir for having a conscience
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Load Metric
    Conservotards (and well-meaning-but-misinformed people): Time to untwist your knickers over this issue.

Before judging 'late-term abortion,' understand what it means, doctors say
    https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/02/06/hea...ner/index.html
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    Conservotards (and well-meaning-but-misinformed people): Time to untwist your knickers over this issue.

imagine being old and shilling FOR abortion. why would the thought even cross ur mind unless ur banging fertile women at least? u worried about ur 25 year old gf tying u down? or u pay for some before or what. so ur either just a very easily manipulated drone having an opinion on whatever the MSM tells u to, or ur exposing urself as an easily manipulated drone that has paid for abortions, which is it

Load Metric
    Number of times this will personally effect you: 0.

Who fucking cares?

Load Metric
    pretty sure this thread exists because druff made a huge public argument that abortion rights are a sacred cow and that electing trump wouldnt impact them, so its time to polarize the issue as much as possible in order to present the pending dismantling of roe v wade as 'just good old fashioned conservative common sense'.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    pretty sure this thread exists because druff made a huge public argument that abortion rights are a sacred cow and that electing trump wouldnt impact them, so its time to polarize the issue as much as possible in order to present the pending dismantling of roe v wade as 'just good old fashioned conservative common sense'.
    Trump isn't the one attempting to disrupt the original spirit of the Roe v Wade decision.

The left has graduated from "pro-choice" to "women can do whatever the fuck they want with the fetus inside them, even if it means killing the child just days before birth".

It's no longer the "clump of cells" argument. Now we're at the point where the left wants to be able to kill a human baby because it's technically still in the mother's womb, so it makes murder okay or something. Really disturbing shit.

This is a far cry from the days of reasoning that a 16-year-old girl who gets pregnant by her boyfriend should be able to abort a clump of cells at the 4-week mark in order to prevent it from ruining her future. This has become straight up murder.

Load Metric
    Imagine if Bill Clinton's "Spiritual Healer" was banging 13 year old girls, getting them pregnant and then selling the babies for $50K each.

Oh wait, that actually did happen.

(pizzagate is fake, goys)

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Trump isn't the one attempting to disrupt the original spirit of the Roe v Wade decision.

The left has graduated from "pro-choice" to "women can do whatever the fuck they want with the fetus inside them, even if it means killing the child just days before birth".

It's no longer the "clump of cells" argument. Now we're at the point where the left wants to be able to kill a human baby because it's technically still in the mother's womb, so it makes murder okay or something. Really disturbing shit.

This is a far cry from the days of reasoning that a 16-year-old girl who gets pregnant by her boyfriend should be able to abort a clump of cells at the 4-week mark in order to prevent it from ruining her future. This has become straight up murder.

Druff your "there might be crooked doctors that abuse this" argument is so lame I don't even know where to start. It really kinda disappoints me. There's always people that abuse the system, so fucking what? Do you really think thousands and thousands of extra abortions will come from this? Is this argument any different from the "why punish rich people who don't use loopholes" counter argument you made in the discussion about raising taxes? Why punish women because you're afraid there's some doctor rubbing his hands together from the minimal amount of money he will make performng 3 extra abortions in a year?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Mumbles, do you really believe any of these answers?

I thought you pride yourself upon thinking critically and trying to see through the rhetoric and BS.

These doctors (who are undoubtedly both on the left and stand to make more money if abortion rules are lightened) are engaging in the same dishonest lies-by-omission that I see leftists on my Facebook doing in order to defend this.

Conservatives say, "Late term abortion is murder if there's not a really important and justified reason for it. How do you explain that women in certain states can get a late term abortion up until the date of birth, with only minor health problems or mental health claims as justification?"

Liberals answer back, "Abortion is a complicated matter. Women don't do it late in the pregnancy without carefully considering it, and most of the time it's because of life threatening conditions or severe, incurable health issues for the fetus."

Conservatives reply, "Yeah, fine, but what about the cases where the woman just changes her mind and says the baby is causing her mental health issues. She can get an abortion then, right?"

Liberals answer back, "Again, women never do this unless they really consider all of the options, and late term abortion is really only done to handle severe problems for the mother or child."

Conservatives reply, "You're not answering the question. Does this open the door to abortion of a fully formed child when the mother simply changes her mind and simply claims mental health issues or back pain?"

Liberals avoid answering that. They don't want to answer. They will just keep repeating that women would never do that (lol) and that doctors would never do that (bigger lol).

Basically we're just supposed to trust in humanity that these laws will never be abused by doctors for profit or distraught women whose boyfriends just left them in the 7th month of pregnancy.

They also don't want to talk about the fact that women can get abortions up to 24 weeks in New York and some other states, for ANY reason, despite the fact that many babies are actually developed enough to be VIABLE OUTSIDE THE WOMB at 24 weeks. As I mentioned before, 80% of babies born at 26 weeks survive long term.

Well-written law is very important, because in cases where the law isn't specific, the broad interpretation must be used.

You can't just pass laws allowing doctors and pregnant women to determine what defines the term "health', or it will be abused by both opportunistic doctors and women looking to get out of a pregnancy due to changed life circumstance.

Show me a broadly written law, and I'll show you lots of cases where people manipulate the system to abuse it.

The left's response to all of this has pretty much been, "Yeah, this COULD happen, but we totally trust everyone in the country to not abuse the law for committing legalized murder."

Just trust everyone not to murder. Got it.

Comments

gimmick: wasting perfectly good words

Load Metric
    Druff: I'm ok with loopholes that save rich people money, but not ok with loopholes that allows other women to survive life threatening situations.

Again, this will never be relevant to you personally in any context ever, so why do you care?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by anonamoose View Post
    Druff: I'm ok with loopholes that save rich people money, but not ok with loopholes that allows other women to survive life threatening situations.

Again, this will never be relevant to you personally in any context ever, so why do you care?
    Who said this is about life threatening situations?

Almost all conservatives SUPPORT abortion rights for women whose lives are in danger.'

That's not what this is about, and you know it.

This is about a huge expansion of abortion "rights", moving from the already-controversial (but now generally accepted) "abort a clump of cells" to the actual murder of viable babies, and allowing it for virtually any reason.

As Steven Crowder said, "This is like the medical marijuana situation, except this one is for killing babies."

Why do I care?

Because I don't like seeing people murdered?

Also, how can you say it won't affect me? What if in 20 years, Benjamin and his girlfriend break up when she's 7.5 months pregnant, and she legally aborts the kid? You don't think that would affect the grandparents?

Comments

MumblesBadly: Your hypothetical with Benjamin’s future pregnant ex-girlfriend is straight-up fear mongering.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Almost all conservatives SUPPORT abortion rights for women whose lives are in danger.'

This is about a huge expansion of abortion "rights", moving from the already-controversial (but now generally accepted) "abort a clump of cells" to the actual murder of viable babies, and allowing it for virtually any reason.

As Steven Crowder said, "This is like the medical marijuana situation, except this one is for killing babies."

Why do I care?

Also, how can you say it won't affect me? What if in 20 years, Benjamin and his girlfriend break up when she's 7.5 months pregnant, and she legally aborts the kid? You don't think that would affect the grandparents?
    Sounds like we got ourselves a social justice warrior right here. Yeeehaw

Comments

devidee: Fetuses get'n hella triggered up in hurr
    Last edited by limitles; 02-06-2019 at 11:50 AM.

Load Metric

If this doesn't hit you in the gut........watch the whole thing

Load Metric

Why do I care?

The problem is you think there's some liberal woman out there right now fingering herself to the thought of aborting a kid at 25 weeks. Do you seriously think for a minute that people want to have to abort a child that late? If you do, you really need to go out more and stop being so cynical.

You still also haven't addressed why it's ok to support loopholes for rich tax payers by not just raising the tax on all of them but it's ok to go against this because you know a loop hole that maybe, MAYBE, 1 in 10000000 pregnancies will use.

Edit:. Lol at the Benjamin comment. You need a reality check, because that's a reality that just isn't going to happen. That scenario is so extremely far-fetched it deserves tin foil hats.

Bronze
    Load Metric

Why do I care?

The problem is you think there's some liberal woman out there right now fingering herself to the thought of aborting a kid at 25 weeks. Do you seriously think for a minute that people want to have to abort a child that late? If you do, you really need to go out more and stop being so cynical.

You still also haven't addressed why it's ok to support loopholes for rich tax payers by not just raising the tax on all of them but it's ok to go against this because you know a loop hole that maybe, MAYBE, 1 in 10000000 pregnancies will use.

Edit:. Lol at the Benjamin comment. You need a reality check, because that's a reality that just isn't going to happen. That scenario is so extremely far-fetched it deserves tin foil hats.
    I've stayed out of these fights, but you seriously look like such a moron comparing abortions to taxes. Just stop.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FR1GHT View Post

I've stayed out of these fights, but you seriously look like such a moron comparing abortions to taxes. Just stop.
    Serious suggestion then...stay out of it, because you're obviously not reading everything or lack the ability of basic reading comprehension. The question here is why he can the same excuse in regards to this as he uses as a reason we can't do something else. It's a completely flawed argument and I'm sorry you can't see it.

It's honestly disgusting that a bunch of over the hill conservatives sit here and pretend like they actually care and are offended by something that kills women because they think they're IQ 1000 finding a "loophole" that no one is probably even going to use.

But but but conservatives are worried about women who die from pregnancy!

Then fucking do something about it instead of fighting with everyone about every suggestion because you found some lame ass loophole that no one gives a shit about.

Gold
    Load Metric
    TypicAL overreaching big government zealot thread. Give me a fucking break. World is beyond blatantly obvioisly overpopulated.

this bullshit moralizing, who is it aimed at?

Comments

MumblesBadly: The 2020 swing voters?

Load Metric

Serious suggestion then...stay out of it, because you're obviously not reading everything or lack the ability of basic reading comprehension. The question here is why he can the same excuse in regards to this as he uses as a reason we can't do something else. It's a completely flawed argument and I'm sorry you can't see it.

It's honestly disgusting that a bunch of over the hill conservatives sit here and pretend like they actually care and are offended by something that kills women because they think they're IQ 1000 finding a "loophole" that no one is probably even going to use.

Then fucking do something about it instead of fighting with everyone about every suggestion because you found some lame ass loophole that no one gives a shit about.
    Druff’s assumption that doctors will give countless late-stage abortions just because a woman doesn’t want to have a baby when there is no significant health risk/consequences to the woman *is* ludicrous. Medical practices are regulated also by local medical boards. If a doctor is found to be doing that, he/she would would lose their medical license.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Druff’s assumption that doctors will give countless late-stage abortions just because a woman doesn’t want to have a baby when there is no significant health risk/consequences to the woman *is* ludicrous. Medical practices are regulated also by local medical boards. If a doctor is found to be doing that, he/she would would lose their medical license.
    If a doctor is "found to be doing that"?

Doing what?

If a woman comes in with mental health complaints and wants an abortion at the 8.5 month mark, performing this abortion would be legal under New York law!

You cannot revoke someone's license for performing legal abortions.

It's the same reason "pot doctors" were able to exist in medical marijuana states. Sure, we all knew it was a sham, and almost all of the customers were faking pain in order to get pot, but the medical marijuana laws were broad enough to where nothing could be done.

Customer would come in, doctor would ask, "Do you have any pain for which you need marijuana to reduce the symptoms?"

Customer would respond, "Uhh.... yeah... ummm... oh, yeah my back kinda hurts."

Doctor would answer, "Back pain... yes, marijuana could be helpful for that. Approved! Go pick up your card in the front."

There will be similar late term abortion doctors who will operate the same way.

Why? Because there will be money in doing so, and there's no shortage of unethical doctors who will do anything quasi-legal for a quick buck.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Issuing a marijuana prescription, which is not even close to being toxic for any adult, is not at all in the same level as performing an abortion because a woman changed her mind late in the pregnancy. FFS, Druff! Get a grip!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Why do you think "nobody is going to use" this loophole?

Do you not realize that doctors get requests from women all the time for late term abortions, simply because women changed their minds (usually due to an abrupt change in life circumstance)?

There aren't many studies about reasons for late term abortions, but the few that exist show that a substantial number are requested for reasons OTHER than serious health issues of the mom or unborn child. Did you watch the Crowder video I posted where he actually shows one of those studies (from a left-wing publication, no less)?

So since we have women who will definitely want to terminate late term pregnancies for totally immoral reasons, the only safeguard against it would be the doctors, and as I explained in the last post, it's not difficult to find a doctor who will do anything unethical if it's technically legal.

This is not old conservative scaremongering.

Under this new law, late term abortions for flimsy/unethical reasons WILL happen.

Even if just 10% of all late term abortions are unjustified, that number is way too high, and extremely tragic.

For those saying, "The population is way too high, so it's fine", that never justifies murder. If you think human beings should be killed for population control, why not just shoot yourself? Serious question.

It is appalling that there are people who support this law, or even abortions at 24 weeks "for any reason", for that matter.

Have some fucking decency and respect for human life.

Thread Information