Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Reason not to lease?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntmissioner View Post

How's this accord in the winter? It must have seen a lot of snow these past ten yrs.

all purpose tires never had a problem....however being the cheap fuck that I am I always politely declined the underbody "corrosion treatment" when I would get my weekly car wash....just noticed now that the dealership said it, I have a huge what looks like a burn hole in the driver side mat. I always assumed it was wear and tire from my feet and I just needed a new mat, well I guess the corrosion is so bad from the salt that its literally ate away at the floor mat from underneath the car! Lesson to be learned here is prob to upgrade to the 15.99 deluxe car wash if you live in mass like me

Comments

Sanlmar: Never more appropriate than here: Masshole rep

Load Metric
    Sounds like you wouldn’t wipe your ass with a Mercedes CLA, rather than lease a new vehicle try to find almost any low mileage Lexus. Mostly they will last for ever.
    You can get one for little more than a lease deposit.

Sell the acord for 800 and no call backs
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Load Metric
    Leasing would be faggot unless you hate money so much that is doesn't matter to you. I like whoever said buy somebody's left over lease. Something like that is the way to go. Buying new is as faggot as leasing imo. Total waste of money buying anything new. Druff wanted to customize his $100k 7 series that he plans to drive for a decade. I get that. It works for him. You're talking a different price range here. Buy up something pre owned with an extended warranty and go on with you life.

Comments

LegalizeMeth: solid advice ty

Jayjami: Spoken like a guy who hasn’t pissed away his money!

Load Metric
    Have someone weld a piece of plate over that hole and keep trucking.

Listen to Pooh.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Yeah buy a 3 year old leased car that someone else just gave up. Mileage low, taken care of usually.

Oh, and have them throw in a can of that new car smell spray.

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Druff beat me to the punch but consider this ... the dealers love to get you on a lease / PCP deal ... and there's a reason for that.

When they're winning you're losing.

Comments

tony bagadonuts: Yes sir, zero sum game
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Have someone weld a piece of plate over that hole and keep trucking.

Listen to Pooh.

Really hoping someone can figure this leak out and fix it for <500ish, two places I called said its so cold they wont even bother get back to em in the spring. Will try some other garages soon, but because I know shit about cars every mechanic out here will scam the shit out of you, they smell blood in the water extracting every ounce of value out of me on every street. Only have 140k on this car, been paid off for 5 years (gold) and besides front and rear brakes/tune ups/starter hasnt had any problems. If I cant get it fixed gonna take the advice and buy a low mileage used car for 10-15k or so.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by LegalizeMeth View Post
    Really hoping someone can figure this leak out and fix it for <500ish, two places I called said its so cold they wont even bother get back to em in the spring. Will try some other garages soon, but because I know shit about cars every mechanic out here will scam the shit out of you, they smell blood in the water extracting every ounce of value out of me on every street. Only have 140k on this car, been paid off for 5 years (gold) and besides front and rear brakes/tune ups/starter hasnt had any problems. If I cant get it fixed gonna take the advice and buy a low mileage used car for 10-15k or so.
    Too bad you didn't live near me. We have a 2014 Accord that is top top. Well taken care of but it doesn't have the super low miles you're looking for. They aren't super high and we do have an extended out to 100k. We've just been holding on to it because we're too lazy to try to sell the thing. I haven't personally driven it since last June. It's very similar to this listing with around a few thousand more miles. I'd obv give you a much better price.

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...ckType=listing

Then again, I'm not sure how high I'd be on meeting someone from the forum with the screen name legalizemeth but you only live once I guess. No offense.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post
    Too bad you didn't live near me. We have a 2014 Accord that is top top. Well taken care of but it doesn't have the super low miles you're looking for. They aren't super high and we do have an extended out to 100k. We've just been holding on to it because we're too lazy to try to sell the thing. I haven't personally driven it since last June. It's very similar to this listing with around a few thousand more miles. I'd obv give you a much better price.

Then again, I'm not sure how high I'd be on meeting someone from the forum with the screen name legalizemeth but you only live once I guess. No offense.
    In fairness, if I were to buy a car across the country from a racist prick named pooh I think we'd have to call that one pretty even. Will def check out the car, let me see how much these crooks try to hammer me for. Appreciate the gesture, full disclosure Im a jew

Load Metric

Does it come with a free stay in the new house?

Load Metric
    If you have a hole in your floor board ask one of your friends who’s a welder to add a patch. It’s extremely easy to do and won’t take more then 30 min. Even a welding shop would do it for a few hundo

Comments

Salty_Aus: Yup, and replace the drivers side carpet.. wet carpet will stink forever.

Load Metric
    if it was super simple dont you think the monkeys at the dealership could have found it?
    Just because they work at a dealership doesn’t mean their good mechanics.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I buy my cars and ride them into the ground, but I know a lot of people that don’t drive very much who do the ~$200/month lease deals you see on accords and camrys. And then every couple years they upgrade their lease to the newest model with minmal cost. An advantage of this is you are always driving a new car. A disadvantage is you are paying $200/month in perpetuity and you never own shit. Different strokes for different folks.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    I buy my cars and ride them into the ground, but I know a lot of people that don’t drive very much who do the ~$200/month lease deals you see on accords and camrys. And then every couple years they upgrade their lease to the newest model with minmal cost. An advantage of this is you are always driving a new car. A disadvantage is you are paying $200/month in perpetuity and you never own shit. Different strokes for different folks.
    You missed the part where he drives 16k a year. That's no go in lease land.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    You missed the part where he drives 16k a year. That's no go in lease land.
    Yeah. Fair enough. If he really just doesn't give a fuck about driving an older car, I would just keep driving the Honda he has into the ground. If it has 160,000 miles now it should still be good for another 3+ years with minimal costs if he has a decent mechanic (big if obviously).

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Yeah. Fair enough. If he really just doesn't give a fuck about driving an older car, I would just keep driving the Honda he has into the ground. If it has 160,000 miles now it should still be good for another 3+ years with minimal costs if he has a decent mechanic (big if obviously).
    I feel he could stretch another 5 or even 10 years out of it. I suspect he's diligently serviced this vehicle for the last ten years and even has all the dealership services on his log books.

Dealerships are terrible, but they're good at doing belts, fluids, seals, timing belt/chain, oil and filters and other things thar are due at regular intervals.
    Last edited by Salty_Aus; 01-23-2019 at 05:47 PM.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    If you absolutely want a lease for a couple years to save up for a car....there are a ton of people wanting their lease taken over....

Swapalease.com

Or leasetrader.com

Are two big ones....let some other mutt pay the upfront costs. Get an higher mile lease...costs more but less rape at the end

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    If you want to see a kid in a candy store 40 years on just watch a guy about to but his first new car.
    It's Christmas, your first date and your honeymoon all wrapped together with a little less body fluid.

Growing up one of my best friends Dad happened to be a car dealer. He had the rare luxury of driving around family and
    friends in new cars every week. The smell is better than that of walking into a bicycle shop every time you do so.

It comes with a cost as we know, including becoming obsessed with not nary sole coming near it
    and parking lot anxiety when all you can you is surround the car with family members looking out for
    that wayward shopping cart.

Still never bought one new, but before I go, I have plans.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty_Aus View Post
    I feel he could stretch another 5 or even 10 years out of it. I suspect he's diligently serviced this vehicle for the last ten years and even has all the dealership services on his log books.

Dealerships are terrible, but they're good at doing belts, fluids, seals, timing belt/chain, oil and filters and other things thar are due at regular intervals.
    this is actually pretty accurate. Getting it to 15 yrs/200k was always the plan, have been anal about the oil changes and did the 100k dealership service that replaced all the belts/plugs and shit. Prob due for another service soon, but not gonna do it until I figure out this leak problem obv. Wish I still worked at Home Depot, the P.R's I used to work with there would have fixed my shit for $100 in 2 hrs no problem

Load Metric
    my 10 year old accord which I bought new and have had very few problems with is leaking water onto the driver side floor mat...brought it to the dealer and they said its not from the windshield, he thinks the corrosion in the floor is so bad that its coming from the bottom? Not sure if thats true or not but sounds like it might be time for a new car if thats the case, I avg about 16,000 miles a year but I dont really care about having the nicest newest car, I more just want something reliable and cheap. Any input is appreciated, not sure if I should try to scrap together 10k and just buy some used A to B car or lease something nice for 200ish a month
    The problem with a lease is if indeed your putting 16k a year on it you will get DESTROYED in overage fees when the lease is up.. I'm thinking about a lease myself because my vehicle has 186k on it but I don't drive much haven't for th epast couple years really.. so a lease is an option but if your putting on avg anything more then 10k a year your probably better off just finding a good nearly new car from a dealer (idealy the loaner vehicles are great option because they've already taken the depreciation hit and theyre usually well maintained)

Thread Information