Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gardnerville, Nevada murders

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Gardnerville, Nevada murders

Gardnerville is a small town south of Reno, off US-395. You pass through it on the way to Lake Tahoe if you come from Mammoth (or Los Angeles via Mammoth).

It borders Minden, a very similar down to the direct north of it. A little further north is the Nevada state capital, Carson City. Beyond that is Reno.

Directly up the mountain from Gardnerville is Lake Tahoe.

Some people love the area because it's relatively scenic (especially in the winter), is cheap, and has a very low crime rate.

That's why people were shocked when a series of scary home invasion murders started in 2019.

A 56-year-old woman was shot dead in her Gardnerville home on January 10, with no discernible motive.

A 74-year-old woman was shot dead in her home about a mile away on January 13, prompting residents in the area to become very scared that a serial killer was on the loose.

Perhaps knowing police were looking for him in Gardnerville and Minden, the killer then moved on to Reno, murdering a couple in their early 80s in the same fashion on January 16.

Eventually police got tips about a possible suspect, and they put him under surveillance.

Today they decided they had enough, and police rammed his vehicle while he was sitting in a parking lot, and then grabbed him.

19-year-old Wilbur Ernesti Martinez-Guzman was taken into custody on an "immigration hold", but later it was announced that he's the only suspect in all four murders.

As you might guess, he is in this country illegally.

The murders seem to have been random, though Martinez-Guzman did steal items from each home he invaded.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/man-19-de...nevada-murders

Comments

duped_samaritan: "As you might guess, he is in this country illegally." Seriously?

Pooh: offset

OSA: i would say like at least 80% of mexicans are illegal in NY, so yeah ...as you might guess

JimmyG_415: Only 52 murders to catch up to the White American Citizen who shot up Las Vegas.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    he looks like a hellofa ball player.
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Wouldn't rule out meth induced psychosis. Shit is rampant around here. Especially the part of town where he lived and was arrested. Woodside. Glad they got him.

http://carsonnow.org/story/01/20/201...esponsible-rec

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    i would say let these peeps set up shanty's in bedford or chappaqua to be close to hillary...but it reality it's too close to me..so keep them in cali and nevada
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Name:  4-18-1983-miguel-cabrera-e1396451317626.jpg
Views: 568
Size:  22.8 KB

Load Metric
    Racist Druff strikes again.

Undocumented immgrants commit far less crime than native-born citizens in the USA. If you look at Texas for example:

Name:  Screenshot 2019-01-21 at 15.22.06.png
Views: 785
Size:  661.7 KB

"All told, Light and Miller sliced the data 57 ways to see whether there was anything they missed, but not one of their analyses showed any positive relationship between illegal immigration and crime. They concluded that not only does illegal immigration not increase crime, but it may actually contribute to the drop in overall crime rates observed in the United States in recent decades."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.a69d991b3841

But who needs facts and data when you have prejudice.

Comments

1marley1:

duped_samaritan:

MumblesBadly: Druff can readily dismiss this data as “most likely fabricated by liberal researchers”.

KidPresentable:

gimmick:

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTickle View Post

Undocumented immgrants commit far less crime than native-born citizens in the USA. If you look at Texas for example:

"All told, Light and Miller sliced the data 57 ways to see whether there was anything they missed, but not one of their analyses showed any positive relationship between illegal immigration and crime. They concluded that not only does illegal immigration not increase crime, but it may actually contribute to the drop in overall crime rates observed in the United States in recent decades."

Interesting stats but doesn't the even lower crime rate for documented vs illegal immigrants scream out for a highly regulated system that will make us safer. What concerns me even more than these traditional crimes is the threat of surreptitious entry for the purpose of mass destruction by terrorists. Whatever the stats are, highly regulated immigration seems to be the way to go.

Load Metric
    I think the argument re illegal immigrants and crime isn’t that they have a higher crime rate than the average american, but that they are more likely to be poor and thus more likely to be criminals than people not living in poverty.

Load Metric
    Are we totally brainwashed living in civilized societies?

Like a terrorist could enter the US/UK w/e and kill 12 people. Rightly this would cause outrage, anger, fear and a whole load of other emotions.

Safe to say that we all get justifiably mad at that.

But, what about when thousands of people needlessly die each year from illness because shady politicians are in the pockets of big pharmaceuticals?

There are many other examples where mass death is completely preventable if our politicians weren't so corrupt, yet we just seem to accept these deaths without any real pushback towards the people who CAN AND SHOULD do something about it.

Why?
    http://pnimg.net/w/articles-attachments/1/4c2/74d75c36d2.jpg

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnCommode View Post
    Interesting stats but doesn't the even lower crime rate for documented vs illegal immigrants scream out for a highly regulated system that will make us safer. What concerns me even more than these traditional crimes is the threat of surreptitious entry for the purpose of mass destruction by terrorists. Whatever the stats are, highly regulated immigration seems to be the way to go.
    I think it's because documented immigrants feel like they have more to lose, so they toe the line. Illegals don't wanna be found but have almost nothing to lose, so it's in the middle. If you have no danger of deportation it's one less thought.

Regulated is obviously the way to go, just depends where you stand.

Comments

sah_24: Ya that guy above was def toeing the line lol ...

gimmick:

Load Metric
    “As you might guess, he is in this country illegally.”

Why would you guess that? Most serial killers are white men, essentially loners with no social skills. Thus, I was guessing it was a member of this community.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTickle View Post

This graph is bs. It is per 100,000 people in texas. If only 1000 of those 100,000 are illegal immigrants, then their percentage is much much higher. Gotta love skewed statistics.

Comments

sah_24: ding ding ding ... thread winner

MrTickle: dumbest take of the year

Pooh: offset

Tellafriend: Obvious

donkdowndonedied: Anyone who green repped this outed themselves as a tard
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post
    This graph is bs. It is per 100,000 people in texas. If only 1000 of those 100,000 are illegal immigrants, then their percentage is much much higher. Gotta love skewed statistics.
    Per 100,000 people is not that same as a 100,000 person sample size.

Sample size here is ~25 million people.

Comments

splitthis: You missed the point

Silver
    Load Metric
    Interesting chart and statistics, that is, until such crime affects your family.

I'm guessing that once you or your family becomes a victim of someone who should never have been in this Country, the rationale that anyone can be a victim anywhere at any time probably moves the chart and stats into the strawman containment thread.

Comments

splitthis: Here here

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The graph is BS in other ways, too.

If you take out the illegal immigrants over 35 (the ones who mostly come here to work, and not to commit crimes), suddenly the crime rate skews WAY up, and much more than it does for the non-illegal population.

Additionally, if you take the children of illegal immigrants born legally in the US (grouped with "Native population" in that graph), you'll see they commit significantly more crime than their illegal parents (even if viewed through their entire lifetime). This is, again, because the parents come here to work and support their families (and aren't likely to commit crimes), but the kids are a different story and are notoriously violent. Many of the roughest Hispanic neighborhoods in the US see crime mostly committed by the US-born children and grandchildren of illegal immigrants.

Always read these graphs, statistics, and charts with caution, as the "researchers" often have a political point to prove, and can group the data in a way which falls favorably to their ideology.

Comments

Tellafriend: They are called dreamers

1marley1: Split can’t read. And, you are the one grouping to fit.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    If you take out the illegal immigrants over 35 (the ones who mostly come here to work, and not to commit crimes), suddenly the crime rate skews WAY up, and much more than it does for the non-illegal population.

Additionally, if you take the children of illegal immigrants born legally in the US (grouped with "Native population" in that graph), you'll see they commit significantly more crime than their illegal parents (even if viewed through their entire lifetime). This is, again, because the parents come here to work and support their families (and aren't likely to commit crimes), but the kids are a different story and are notoriously violent. Many of the roughest Hispanic neighborhoods in the US see crime mostly committed by the US-born children and grandchildren of illegal immigrants.
    How do you know these things.

(split obviously doesn't understand how graphs work)

Comments

splitthis: You don't understand

sah_24: peak fucking irony lol

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Instead of relying upon idiotic charts and graphs to make highly skewed points, how about just asking yourself this:

How many cities with large illegal immigrant populations in the US are considered safe?

Are there any?

I know tons which are considered very unsafe, where violent crime and gang violence are rampant.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Instead of relying upon idiotic charts and graphs to make highly skewed points, how about just asking yourself this:

How many cities with large illegal immigrant populations in the US are considered safe?

Are there any?

I know tons which are considered very unsafe, where violent crime and gang violence are rampant.
    How about you just tell us your source on all the statistics you just mentioned. I suspect you're literally just pulling them out of your ass.

The chart Mr. Tickles posted isn't idiotic or skewed. It's the population of Texas. Not just 100,000 people like split seems to think.

Are we really having a "charts and statistics are stupid let me just tell you the truth without any data to back it up" argument?

Comments

sah_24: ...

gimmick:

Load Metric
    It's per 100k people, not only for 100k people... more like 25mil+

EDIT: just seen what duped said. that

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Here's another problem:

You need a certain number of poor/uneducated people in your country for the lower-end jobs, but once the number of these people exceed these type of jobs that are out there, they start to become a huge burden upon society. At best, they are law-abiding but society is burdened with the economic responsibility of taking care of them. At worst, they become violent criminals.

If you have a larger-than-desired segment of your native population which is poor and uneducated, it's a problem, but it's one you have to solve. You can't just get rid of such people. They're your citizens, and you have to deal with them (or the underlying cause for their poverty).

However, in such a case, the last thing you need is to take on MORE poor/uneducated people from other countries, who will make the existing problem far worse. There you do have a choice. You don't have to let them in, and shouldn't.

Thread Information