Major embarrassment for Eli Elezra and 2+2.

The background:

Eli Elezra has written an autobiography, and he's publishing it through Two Plus Two Publishing.

In order to promote the book, Eli, who doesn't usually post on forums, showed up on 2+2's NVG forum and did an "Ask Me Anything" thread.

A few people asked Eli about accusations regarding bad poker debts and scamming, and Eli denied everything. "I pay my debts", said Eli several times in the thread.

People reluctantly accepted these answers, until "cts" -- aka Cole South -- showed up in the thread and posted this:

Quote Originally Posted by cts
I really don't like to get involved in public drama, but I can't stay on the sidelines when I see something like this.

Eli borrowed $100k from me during a cash game in Bobby's Room on July 15th 2010, toward the end of a long summer where we played a ton against each other and generally got along very well. At the end of the session, one of the most seasoned high stakes Vegas regs pulled me aside and warned me what I did wasn't a good idea, and not to do it again.

We didn't cross paths my final few days in Vegas that summer. Over the course of the next year, he was responsive and widdled down the debt from $100k to $40k (a few grand at a time, via Full Tilt transfer), which he still owes me. By summer 2011, he had stopped making payments but was still responsive with plenty of reasons why he couldn't.

Since then, he's been basically nonresponsive. I've sent him messages every now and then when he's hit a big tournament score and he's ignored them. The only time I got a response was when we were both in Vegas playing the same tournament, and he asked me not to make a public scene about it. I still have screen shots of texts and other evidence, but would like to give him a chance to respond before sharing more.
Source: https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/s...&postcount=202

Eli vanished after that post, and I'm guessing isn't coming back.

Now Mason Malmuth is taking heat for failing to do his due diligence regarding Eli, especially since the book apparently does not honestly address the scamming/owing money rumors, despite being a supposed tell-all autobiography.

Some are pressuring Mason to drop Eli's book unless Eli agrees to have his share of the profits diverted directly to Cole South.

Mat Sklansky showed up briefly and posted this:

Quote Originally Posted by Mat Sklansky
Piping in. If a mistake was made here, it was a mistake. I won't have anything further to say on the matter until we have more information and that will clearly take time.
Mason claims that he didn't know about the Cole South debt at the time the agreement to publish was made (which I agree), but it seems unlikely that Mason didn't know that there were many stories like this about Eli, including ones published all over Mason's own forum.

Developing...