Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** Follies of Gavin Newsom thread, 2019-2027

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

*** OFFICIAL *** Follies of Gavin Newsom thread, 2019-2027

I'm already giving credit to Newsom for winning reelection as California governor in 2022, because.... well, who are we kidding? This is California.

So buckle up, we have to deal with him for 8 years.

Newsom has replaced another liberal Democrat governor, Jerry Brown.

However, Jerry Brown wasn't your typical Democrat. He had his own ideas and marched to his own drum. He frequently pissed off his own party, given his fiscal restraint and overruling of parole board decisions.

Newsom is no Jerry Brown. Instead, he's probably going to out-liberal the already leftist California state legislature, aggressively pushing for radical changes to fit his agenda.

Here's one just announced: Gavin Newsom wants to take away gasoline tax revenue from cities which don't meet state affordable housing goals.

On the surface, this might sound good to you. Who doesn't like affordable housing?

But what this really means is that cities, including small ones, are required to make room for new construction of low-income housing, regardless of the type of area it is, or what they have to destroy to create room for it.

Did you work hard to earn and save enough money to move your kids to a safe suburb, away from the most of the violent criminal element?

Well, guess what? Now Gavin Newsom wants to move the violent criminal element right into your new neighborhood!

Why? Because... well, affordable housing or something.

Since Newsom cannot force cities to erect low-income housing, he is choosing to punish them by taking away a critical source of funding (the gasoline tax revenue), leaving these cities unable to pay for basics such as road repairs.

Boy do I hate this guy.

Comments

JSTAT: Newsom has been on the fast track to become President. Watch!

Sanlmar: Cali Follies should be a weekly podcast.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Gavin Newsom wants state-sponsored healthcare for illegal immigrants.

You know, because it's important for hardworking Californians to pay to keep healthy the people who shouldn't be here in the first place.

https://www.latimes.com/politics/la-...107-story.html

Load Metric
    Why do you hate poor people? Did you grow up wealthy or are you a class traitor?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTickle View Post
    Why do you hate poor people? Did you grow up wealthy or are you a class traitor?
    Who said I hate poor people?

I have many poor friends, including Master Scalir. I've bent over backward to help some of them out (not just financially) when they needed it.

This isn't about poor people.

It's about Gavin Newsom.

BTW, speaking of poor people, I'd be glad to support making them completely tax exempt (except sales/gas tax, which would be too cumbersome). Let them keep 100% of their paychecks. I have a lot of empathy for poor people -- at least the ones who are working or trying to find work (or have legitimate reasons why they aren't).

But Gavin Newsom is terrible.

Diamond Pro Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe's Avatar
    Load Metric
    sounds to me like Druff hates huckster politicians that take advantage of well-meaning but naive citizens

Load Metric
    Let those poor and disadvantaged people live around the criminals but we rich people who got lucky shouldn’t have to deal with crime! Those hard on their luck and born into terrible situations with almost zero prospect to escape a life of poverty should deal with it instead!

I can’t believe the governor wants to integrate poor people in my neighbourhood. Doesn’t he know all poor people are criminals? How can we let our kids play on the street if poor people live nearby?

And I’m sure this has absolutely nothing to do with race. (Coincidentally I see how you brought up the I have black friends defence but this time for poor people).

Comments

duped_samaritan:

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Let those poor and disadvantaged people live around the criminals but we rich people who got lucky shouldn’t have to deal with crime! Those hard on their luck and born into terrible situations with almost zero prospect to escape a life of poverty should deal with it instead!

I can’t believe the governor wants to integrate poor people in my neighbourhood. Doesn’t he know all poor people are criminals? How can we let our kids play on the street if poor people live nearby?

And I’m sure this has absolutely nothing to do with race. (Coincidentally I see how you brought up the I have black friends defence but this time for poor people).
    I don't understand what you're advocating here. Complete and total equality in living circumstance, regardless of amount of work, responsibility, or accomplishment?

Why do you think it's a bad thing that successful people should be able to live amongst themselves, away from most of the crime, blight, and danger? Are you saying they don't have a right to do that?

What's next? Should 5-star hotels be forced to set aside a certain percentage of rooms for crack addicts who need a place to crash for $25? After all, why should the poor people at cheap motels only be stuck living with that, right?

Unfortunately, low income housing brings crime along with it. That's an unfortunate fact. If you want to live in a nice neighborhood which is mostly free of crime and danger, you don't want to live in or near low income housing.

Hell, even ask the people who DO live in low income housing! They'll tell you that they can't wait to scrape together enough money to get out of there!

Oh, and you can project racism onto me all you want, but it's not true. Typical leftist firing off accusations of racism during a political disagreement. If a house was for sale nearby and black people moved in, it wouldn't bother me at all. Obviously they must be doing fairly well for themselves if they can afford it, so there's no reason to be concerned just because of the color of their skin. I'd much rather have black professionals living next door to me than white trash. I just want the neighborhood to be quiet and trouble-free. That isn't a lot to ask.

Unfortunately, the general philosophy of the left is, "Group B is suffering, and Group A isn't. That's not fair. Let's worsen things for Group A, so both suffer. See! Equality!"

Load Metric
    I’m advocating that all areas of California should be doing their bit to resolve help the housing crisis. Is that unreasonable?

Your mischaracterisation of left wing policy is just abhorrent. It’s not about bringing everyone down, it’s about reducing inequality, and everyone should do their bit. Not only for their “friends” but for the well-being of society as a whole.

And Druff you have a long track record on here of sexism, racism, classism and hipocracy. You’re not fooling anyone.

Comments

Lord of the Fraud: And Druff you have a long track record on here of sexism, racism, classism and hipocracy. You’re not fooling anyone.

Diamond Pro Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Druff can't be racist because Jews aren't really white

Load Metric

People make life decisions every day. I feel zero remorse for life losers who've either made bad decisions or for those who are just plain stupid and/or lazy, the latter is where most poor people reside. I never understood how hard working successful people need to pay the way for the lazy stupid assholes of the world. Never made sense to me. I'm firmly in the camp of if you don't pay a penny in taxes you aren't entitled to vote. I went from a broke POS pizza delivery boy/bartender to moving to Florida and becoming successful enough where I need to support these stupid assholes. Just glad the chimp didn't win governor here so we have at least a few more years before we start going the way of California.

PS - Jerry Brown was probably the 49th or 50th worst governor in the entire country. He's an off his rocker libtard. I guess when you live it like Druff does every day you lose the sense of reality other parts of the country see. California is truly the laughing stock of the country at least politically. Such a great state to be ruined by the left too.

Load Metric
    Probably 90-95% of the population has the ability to be wealthy enough to not need to be subsidized by the gov't. I get there are times when people have temporary problems and there are programs for those people. I also get there is a small part of the population that just can't succeed for a variety of reasons and those should be helped as well. The rest of these assholes need to stop being lazy and get out there and learn to be productive. Also, fuck these illegals who are living off our gov't. Those are the M Fers who need to be sent back. Illegals working and living a normal life then F it. I don't care if they stay.

Load Metric
    How many poor people are poor because of laziness and lack of intelligence? A tiny percentage. Most people’s are victims of circumstance. It’s our job as society to make it so circumstance is, on average, always improving. We should treat our disadvantaged with compassion.

It’s bizarre that a country so religious just throws away the teachings of religion so quickly (I’m an atheist). I guess the American dream really is to fuck everyone over on the way to getting rich and then try to hoard it as much as possible.

Comments

MumblesBadly: You have describe the American spirit very well.

Load Metric
    In California by 2022, residential indoor use of water will be limited to 55 gallons per person per day...2030 it will be 50 gallons, it's already law

because we have too many people and not enough water

55 gallons--an average shower uses 17 gallons, a bath 80 gallons, a load of clothes 40 gallons

yet Newsom continues to fund a bullet train few want, the money could be used to build desalination plants or repair leaks in the distribution system (some say as much as 20% is lost that way),

and Newsom supports sanctuary policies for illegals rather than allowing ICE to deport

and he wants to spend for healthcare???

the state slogan will soon be: "Come to California for a stinking good time!"
    Last edited by GrenadaRoger; 01-20-2019 at 08:46 AM.
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Load Metric
    Every time I’ve been to California the worst thing has been public transport. What’s bad about the bullet trains? (I genuinely know nothing about it)

Load Metric
    Every time I’ve been to California the worst thing has been public transport. What’s bad about the bullet trains? (I genuinely know nothing about it)
    the bullet train is a waste of a huge amount of money...and it will never operate without public subsidy

it was sold as a replacement of air travel between Los Angeles & San Francisco, one of the busiest air corridors in the world, and thus environmentally beneficial

but what is really is a real estate developers subsidy for the Modesto/Stockton area, with the idea of providing middle class housing for workers priced out of the San Jose Silicon Valley area...a faster daily commute between Modesto/Stockton and San Jose

and a lot of people in the state, particularly those in developed communities, are opposing the route coming through their neighborhood (classic NIMBY--you know the rich will force the lines through poorer areas)

public transit doesn't make sense in Los Angeles or San Diego...the cities are sprawled out geographically...by contrast, Chicago (shaped by the lakefront) or New York (fit on a long slender island) are good matches for a rail system because a large number of homes there are a short walk and elevator ride from the tracks.
    Last edited by GrenadaRoger; 01-20-2019 at 10:44 AM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Gavin Newsom wants state-sponsored healthcare for illegal immigrants.

You know, because it's important for hardworking Californians to pay to keep healthy the people who shouldn't be here in the first place.

https://www.latimes.com/politics/la-...107-story.html
    Newsom is the nut low. We’d be much better off with 8 more years of Captain Moonbeam. As least he is cannabis friendly, which helps my business, but only because he sees it a another cash cow for the state.

Load Metric
    How many poor people are poor because of laziness and lack of intelligence? A tiny percentage. Most people’s are victims of circumstance. It’s our job as society to make it so circumstance is, on average, always improving. We should treat our disadvantaged with compassion.

It’s bizarre that a country so religious just throws away the teachings of religion so quickly (I’m an atheist). I guess the American dream really is to fuck everyone over on the way to getting rich and then try to hoard it as much as possible.
    Embarrassingly false. Poor life choices pal. That's what it comes down to. If you're referring to n-words in the ghetto these MFers can move. They can actually do something about their plight hence them being labeled lazy and stupid. If you're referring to a handicap whether mental or physical then fine. I agree. Circumstance my ass though. Success doesn't mean being a millionaire. Most people are not equipped to being a millionaire primarily due to the need for instant gratification. I'm talking being a middle class schlub like a high percent of the country. Almost anyone can become middle class. Make 40-60k a year. Only lazy stupid retards can't attain that status.

Comments

MumblesBadly: You are clueless about “n-words in the ghetto” being able to move away from poverty.

GrenadaRoger: maybe wrong about n's in the g, but i think Pooh's right about getting into middle class

Jayjami: Spot on, my reneck friend.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post
    Embarrassingly false. Poor life choices pal. That's what it comes down to. If you're referring to n-words in the ghetto these MFers can move. They can actually do something about their plight hence them being labeled lazy and stupid. If you're referring to a handicap whether mental or physical then fine. I agree. Circumstance my ass though. Success doesn't mean being a millionaire. Most people are not equipped to being a millionaire primarily due to the need for instant gratification. I'm talking being a middle class schlub like a high percent of the country. Almost anyone can become middle class. Make 40-60k a year. Only lazy stupid retards can't attain that status.
    Dr Pockles is doing that now...he's grown into an inspiration: because if he can, anyone can

Load Metric
    The train does not go from LA to SF and never will. The part they are currently building runs from Wasco to Madera 2013 to 2017 (see the red line). Literally a train to and from nowhere. It’s 2019 and the state is nowhere near completion and is massively over budget on this section, the easiest section, because it is flat.

The bullet train that would work is Union Station to Las Vegas. Anyone who has driven back to LA on Sunday afternoon would agree.
    Name:  118372A6-DBC9-452A-8F51-8A8D95E7A8F0.jpeg
Views: 721
Size:  94.3 KB
    Last edited by Jayjami; 01-21-2019 at 11:38 AM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    California has some of the highest gas prices in the nation, thanks to both a high level of taxation and more stringent environmental requirements.

How high is it? A gallon of regular gas is averaging $3.79 (higher in many areas), whereas the national average is $2.59.

Here's the list by state: https://gasprices.aaa.com/state-gas-price-averages/

This has been the case for a long time. California used to be virtually tied for far-and-away worst gas prices in the nation, but now they've even passed Hawaii, which is amazing given Hawaii's isolation.

Why has California passed Hawaii for highest gas prices? In April 2017, the California government passed yet another tax increase of 12c per gallon, in an effort to raise $5.4 billion for transportation-related construction. In 2018, proposition 6 was on the ballot in order to repeal the tax. However, labor unions and construction contractors donated a whopping $46 million to defeat it, which dwarfed the $5 million raised to promote the "yes" side. The results? An expensive, in-your-face scare campaign which made people afraid that roads and bridges would crumble if this tax was repealed. (No word on how the state managed to survive without it prior to 2017!)

The repeal lost by 13 points in the 2018 election.

So what does this have to do with Newsom, who wasn't even elected yet?

Well, remember that $5.4 billion in funds that were supposedly to be raised by the tax? Well, Newsom decided he's going to divert some of it to "fight climate change", whatever the fuck that means.

And while California does have a recent law against diverting voter-approved transportation funds for other purposes, Newsom is getting around that by moving other money which was originally designated for transportation. Sneaky sneaky!

Boy this guy is awful.

Thread Information