Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: High-speed, All-electric Rail Project Connecting Southern California and Las Vegas Is Officially in the Works

Load Metric

Thumbs up High-speed, All-electric Rail Project Connecting Southern California and Las Vegas Is Officially in the Works

In my opinion, horrible idea and not needed. I dont get why liberals love trains so much.

https://www.travelandleisure.com/bri...nced%20Tuesday

High-speed rail company Brightline is starting its field investigation work in southern California to prepare for a rail corridor connecting the state with Las Vegas.

The Brightline West project is kicking off with work along I-15 from Jan. 23 to Jan. 26, the company announced Tuesday. This is the next stage of field work, which began in Nevada earlier this month.

“The field work will advance final stages of design in preparation for a groundbreaking,” Brightline West wrote in a statement.

When complete, the company will operate a 218-mile all-electric rail service connecting Sin City with the Los Angeles area with speeds up to 200 mph. The project is expected to take about four years.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by desertrunner View Post
    I dont get why liberals love trains so much.

this is because you are not a very bright person.

Comments

desertrunner: Because youre a fucking moron.

splitthis: At least he doesn’t just yabber about food

gut: lmao...offset

Kuntmissioner:
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Um, I am by far much more brighter than you, just not a full-time internet troll.

The question is valid since the liberals are so anti fossil fuel and pro-environment that a train does not make any sense. Just like when Biden cancelled the Keystone II pipeline, all of the sudden, the government must install railroad tracks and big diesel trains to haul and move the oil now. Makes no sense and counters the entire idea of shutting down the pipeline.

Also, Dems/liberals like trains because they can contain and move people...much like the Germans did with the jews.

Trains are nice, but not the future.

Load Metric

He’s obviously never drove home from Vegas to LA on Sunday afternoon.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post
    Done it, but also smart enough to extend my stay and just leave Monday morning instead.

Load Metric

Done it, but also smart enough to extend my stay and just leave Monday morning instead.
    Well most people have these things called jobs they have to go to on Monday mornings. Except DJ Chaps of course.

Comments

desertrunner: Its easy to take an extra day off.

Kuntmissioner: Offset

Load Metric

Well most people have these things called jobs they have to go to on Monday mornings.

desertrunner is much too bright to have a job, clearly.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric

Well most people have these things called jobs they have to go to on Monday mornings. Except DJ Chaps of course.
    Seriously, youre that dense, it is possible to take vacation days, shift trade, etc.

Well most people have these things called jobs they have to go to on Monday mornings.

I can guarantee I have worked more shifts and years than you have. Druff can confirm this.

Load Metric
    Another article-

Brightline West halfway to $12 billion funding for Las Vegas high-speed train

Funding sources so far for Brightline West include:

$2.5 billion in private activity bonds announced today
    $3 billion grant for the Nevada Department of Transportation, allocated to the project and announced in December
    $1 billion private activity bond approved in 2020
    $25 million grant to the San Bernardino County Transportation Authority announced in June

Load Metric
    Seriously, youre that dense, it is possible to take vacation days, shift trade, etc.

I can guarantee I have worked more shifts and years than you have. Druff can confirm this.

i think i can guarantee you worked more shifts than i have as well.

those ditches dont dig themselves.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Let's stop with the fighting/trolling here. This is actually a good topic.

The problem with the train is that it's not a real LA-Vegas route. Were there a high speed train you could hop in/near downtown LA and get dropped in/near the Vegas strip, this would be useful. I wouldn't take it, because I like having a car at all times in Vegas, but I know many others who would.

The problem is that it's only planned to go to Rancho Cucamonga, which is about 45 miles east of Los Angeles.

This means that people wanting to take the train have to either drive to Rancho Cucamonga and park there (which can be as far as 100 miles from some parts of greater LA), or take the Metrolink just to get there, and then transfer to the train.

Is this going to save much time for anyone? Unlikely. Maybe it will have some utilization for those who can't drive, or those who want to be able to do the Friday-Sunday Vegas trip without the bad traffic both ways, but otherwise it really isn't very useful. The typical driver can make it to Vegas from downtown LA in 4 hours when there's little or no traffic. Doing the Metrolink bullshit and the transfer, plus the actual time it takes to go from Rancho Cucamonga to Vegas, plus the time to get from the station to the hotel -- I bet I could do the drive faster.

$12b on this is not a reasonable expenditure.

Comments

desertrunner:

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    They're trying a new tactic to fix the Sunday backup at Primm (40 miles south of Vegas). They have improved the shoulder on the southbound 15 to where it is the same quality as a regular lane of traffic. On Sundays and Mondays, they now allow shoulder travel. It used to be only from 10am-8pm, but they lifted that restriction recently. Now you can drive on the shoulder on those two days.

I did that last time I went to Vegas, as they made special allowance for it on January 2, due to the New Years holiday. Most people were afraid to do it, as it felt unnatural.

I don't think this will do a lot of good during heavy traffic times, because the backup is due to the necessity to slow down for the (almost always closed) fruit inspection station at the border. and not as much because of a lack of lanes going south.

Comments

desertrunner:

Load Metric
    I hope the whole idea fails and folds before it gets started. A really bad idea.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I will say that there have sometimes been times I wanted Master Scalir to come to Vegas for the day for... "reasons"... but it's not practical for him to do so, since he has no car, and doesn't live close to the airport (plus it gets expensive to fly last minute).

So if this gets built, he's the guy who would get on the Metrolink and transfer.

But as I said, for most people this isn't very useful.

Load Metric
    if i was the department of energy id fund this if only to let talent commute in from LA.

Load Metric
    Brightline now is up and running in South Florida connecting Miami--->Orlando

eventually will too Tampa also with High Speed fast trains

Load Metric
    And now a round trip ticket could cost over $400. I rather drive to Vegas from So Cal.

Brightline founder and chairman Wes Edens told the Los Angeles Times round-trip tickets to take their high-speed rail between the two locations could cost over $400. Edens said the company is experimenting with pricing but that right now, prices are similar to airline tickets, meaning the cost changes depending on when you book.
    Brightline West: Round-trip tickets from Las Vegas to SoCal could cost over $400

Load Metric
    In my opinion, horrible idea and not needed. I dont get why liberals love trains so much.

https://www.travelandleisure.com/bri...nced%20Tuesday

High-speed rail company Brightline is starting its field investigation work in southern California to prepare for a rail corridor connecting the state with Las Vegas.

The Brightline West project is kicking off with work along I-15 from Jan. 23 to Jan. 26, the company announced Tuesday. This is the next stage of field work, which began in Nevada earlier this month.

“The field work will advance final stages of design in preparation for a groundbreaking,” Brightline West wrote in a statement.

When complete, the company will operate a 218-mile all-electric rail service connecting Sin City with the Los Angeles area with speeds up to 200 mph. The project is expected to take about four years.
    Answer is simple. They read Atlas Shrugged was about a big nationwide corporate train entity. Except the dumbass libs missed the rest of the story and oh yeah if your paying attn your starting to see atlas shrugged become real life. (Looking at Boeing).

Comments

desertrunner:

Load Metric

Putting 2 and 2 together knowing DR was in fire service. Knowing CalPers retirement pays well I’m guessing he’s got a nice pension courtesy of the state he’s either started collecting or will very soon.

Comments

desertrunner: Damn, this guy nailed it.

Load Metric

i think i can guarantee you worked more shifts than i have as well.

those ditches dont dig themselves.
    Not when you’re sitting on your fat ass trolling everything including crypto soaking your feet in Diet Dr Pepper cream soda. You clearly missed the memo that DesertRunner worked/works 24 possibly 48s saving dumbasses like you in car wrecks fires etc couldn’t hold his Nomex if you even legit tried.

Thread Information